BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 87 - Discussion

Many thanks for awesome and great news !!! So now i must spend only 40$ to get all unlocks. :) Thank you devs :). I have another question for you , how many bucks i must give you to unlock graphics options?? 

Thank you.

Keep up good work. 

~S~

Great news! If this game goes the same way as ROF when it comes to new planes and maps, its going to be fantastic.

:-D

Thanks a lot !

Edited by Wandalen
  • Upvote 1

Does this mean premium users will now also be able to get 16x acceleration back? Please?

Cheers and good luck with 2015

I'm wondering about the same thing - really hope we won't still be stuck at 2x!

Great news about the maps and unlocks, it's appreciated; and nice to know you're listening and open to compromises. 

I'm a premium guy where & how can I find the new "Unlock " feature or will it find me? ;)

I'm a premium guy where & how can I find the new "Unlock " feature or will it find me? ;)

Hello Blitzen. Not available til Monday though.

Hi Everybody,

February 2nd, 1943 is when the Battle of Stalingrad was over after the surrounded 6th Army capitulated. In the memory of that date we want to share with you at least a part of the plans that our team is currently working at.

Let’s start with what is already complete. On Monday, February 9th we’re going to deploy a small update to the official website. As a result, a new item will appear in the premium account profiles - “Activate modifications” button.

modif_eng.png

Hello Blitzen. Not available til Monday though.

Hi Everybody,

February 2nd, 1943 is when the Battle of Stalingrad was over after the surrounded 6th Army capitulated. In the memory of that date we want to share with you at least a part of the plans that our team is currently working at.

Let’s start with what is already complete. On Monday, February 9th we’re going to deploy a small update to the official website. As a result, a new item will appear in the premium account profiles - “Activate modifications” button.

modif_eng.png

I had just figured it out ...but this additional news will put an end to my first frustrated try ay activating same - Thanks! :salute:

Yes, you've to buy both additional planes: La-5 and Fw 190 A-3 to be able to clear the unlocks.

That's a real bummer. I was not prepared to buy the La-5 as a personal preference. I haven't flown a Russian plane since I first bought BoS,and my controls are set for the Luftwaffe.

Flyby out 

• Upvote 1

I think this is an excellent update. It's what so many have been asking for as far as the unlocks go. Sad some are upset they feel jilted because they don't want to buy one or the other premium planes. Personal choice there. All in all, I'm pretty pleased.f

OH GOSH ! Thank you for trying to force me into buying the premium planes in order to get the unlocks...only 40 € for that how nice...

It would have been nice to allow everyone to get the unlocks.

For the maps it's very nice indeed and I can't wait to see that tante ju :D

By the way what happened to the automatic recovery system for the stuka and the contact altimeter ? Still planning to do that ?

Thanks for the updates !

Edited by Hauggy
  • Upvote 1

I was hoping to be able to remove the unlocks for early access customers. But whatever. Devs can you make some sort of purchase to remove unlocks? Like 3-5 eur or something?

Was also hoping for flyable Ju-52 news :( Well i will still hope for it :)

Edited by McKvack
  • Upvote 1

Great update,

I'm sorry to see some aren't happy, personally I didn't mind the unlocks although I'm struggling to with the last few. It's good to see the devs have listened and tried to find a please as many as possible. The addition to the team, new maps and FME all sounds great. I can't wait to see how this brilliant sim continues to unfold and develope. 

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Its really refreshing to see so much optimism in this Forum. Feels like we've cleared a hurdle.

• Upvote 2

Thank's for the news and the unlock .Realy looking foreward to the new maps and FMB . Can a Terran kill be included if the i16 is bought in as this was a method used by pilots in that time period ? (covers ears to block screams ) :biggrin:

All this server I marked in red don't allow custom skins (and locked loadouts for everyone other than premium accounts) :

I don't think I'll bother visiting them again. The "ranked server" thing is nothing but enforcing the offline grind system, on the online players.

2015_2_6_14_37_45.jpg

adult image

Jaws where as you certainly have the right, as any one here does, to fly which ever server you want to (or not), hopefully the near future will bring us the capabilities to use custom skins in servers freely. But with that said, I would hope that everyone would understand that those of use who strive to provide near historical formats on our servers, are not to keen on such as My Pony or Spung Bob type skins. You get the idea. In a way what would be innovative is if one of you talented pilots would write a script or program that would allow anyone, on their computer ONLY, use what ever skin they desired. The rest of us wouldn't be horrified by such outlandish paints then.

Just my thoughts.

Chief

Stalingrad map in summer and autumn!!!!

this is a great news!

Edited by mb339pan

I don't care if it get's me banned, but, holy crap! People will find ANYTHING to complain about! 

[Edited]

Cool it.

Edited by Bearcat
  • Upvote 6

Splendid! I much appreciate those fantastic news! Can't wait to behold the feared Rasputiza from above!

Funny thing is, that I just unlocked the very last fieldmods this week.

Well...those unlocks didn't bothered me

that much after all.

!!! WHA WHA WHA What about what I want? !!!

[bashes keyboard frantically and spits obscenities about the developers]

Seriously, great news on the future maps, and brilliant to hear Zeus has been taken onboard, that is good thinking.

Good luck with the future work.

Could you be more of a [Edited].

Don't know how I missed this one. PM inbound.

Edited by Bearcat

I hope you'll be posting screenshots of Zues's work on the maps! ;)

Excellent!

I think this makes perfect sense. You pony up for the big package you get the option to disable unlocks. It encourages people to buy the larger package while still making the content availible to those that don't.

Thank you so very much. I'm serious I think your will win back a lot of players with this.

I wish I had your optimism... but for this I can't agree.

Good news on the new maps and FME.

Good, positive update from the team.  Looking forward to some more soon. :salute:

So, what about those who only bought 1 of 2 premium planes, like myself. Dont we have the same "rights"? I have zero interest in the La5 and im certainly not going to buy it just to get the unlocks removed.

Does this mean im sh** out of luck?

"You have a Premium account if you bought Premium edition, or Standard edition plus both additional planes: La-5 and Fw 190 A-3."

You just had to make that distinction, you couldnt just keep it simple and do the same for everyone who bought the game pre release/early access.

I know I am going to get banned for this But Baron why don't you just [Edited]. I am sick to death of your constant [Edited]. Grow up man. So the other kids got a bigger ice cream than you boo hoo.

Yes you are.

Edited by Bearcat
Language, insulting another member.
  • Upvote 1

I'm wondering about the same thing - really hope we won't still be stuck at 2x!

Cmon Zack baby, confirm or deny...will Premium also be stuck with 2x speed forever? Say it aint so!

H

Very good news!  (obviously disappointing to some, but at least there's movement in the right direction and some very good signs for future improvements).  Thanks for the update!

Summer/autumn maps - this is good news, indeed! And the dreaded (ymmv) unlocks gone for at least some of us is a very welcomed step.

Edited by tintifaxl

I don't care if it get's me banned, but, holy crap! People will find ANYTHING to complain about!

[Edited]

+1

Edited by Bearcat

Extremely anti-climatic after all the buildup and definitely not the roadmap a lot of us were expecting but there is some awesome news in there as well!

Edited by FalkeEins

[Edited]

Sorry, not everybody can expend 90$ at one time in a game.

I bought Standard, when it was availible(and helped the developement with the money I could), the first day and the Fw190 when it came out, I dont have money to buy premiun planes that I will not fly.

I expended much money(for me) to raise this project, and now, the things are getting better, but I get "out" like Jaws said.

The other news like maps are fantastic.

PS, Why not give the Unlocks for the faction you bought the premiun plane?

Facepalm.png

Edited by Bearcat
  • Upvote 1

Common sense at last re the unlocks, but better late than never. Also great news wrt to Zeus and maps.

Zac, will common sense also prevail on the pilot level. That is what prevents me from playing the campaign. At level 10 it is just too bloody frustrating only being able to finish a fraction of the missions without getting shot down, too unrealistic and gamey.

• Upvote 4

I think the sensible thing they should have done is give unlocks to everyone who has bought the game up till now. But make it clear that after monday/next week only the premium version would have unlocks.

As it stands it reads as holding back unlocks unless you fork over the extra cash. That is fine if people know it going in, but to change things and leave some out is unfair.