Aiiieee! Another week of rapid weight loss brought on by nervous anxiety and lack of sleep..... so it is not all bad, then.

here, here!

Me too!

Roadmap some more LAGGs my way!

I know it sounds silly, given that there are more important things in life than waiting for a an announcement from a game/sim development team, but I was really looking forward to today's announcement :(

Zak hasn't unlocked the 'roadmap' option yet but he's running at 2x speed so it won't be much longer!

;)

H

Edited by heinkill
  • Upvote 1

I think hes using autopilot as well. Hes probably playing normal thought so it might take just as long as before. :(

Im desperately unlocking my flyable ju 52 meanwhile....

Dang it ... First we hear big news beginning of next week, then Monday, then again "you'll have to keep guessing till Monday".

OK, its Monday ... Im now "guessing" its more of the same? Thx

We're not ready to make the announcement we planned. We'll hopefully fill you in this week.

Jason

Thanks for the post Jason, I do appreciate your effort in this ... and that you continue to care about this crazy flock of stick junkies! ;)

well so much for my birthday present!

'Shame. Happy birthday nonetheless! :)

well so much for my birthday present!

Happy Birthday!!

Maybe I get it at mine on thursday ;)

We're not ready to make the announcement we planned. We'll hopefully fill you in this week.

Jason

Even not a little teasing ? C'mon Jason please !

"This Monday we should be certain about what we're going to say to you all this week"

"We're not ready to make the announcement we planned. We'll hopefully fill you in this week"

Hmmm..........do we take it the 1CGS team is waiting upon a decision by a third party and on the result of that decision the 1CGS team will be able to announce their plans for the immediate future of this sim? 

My vacation is over, so you can postpone it a month. It's fine by me.  shady1_zps82d41062.gif  

Now I'm gonna run, before the mob finds me.  evillaugh_zpse3a3f2fa.gif

How can you not be ready to make an announcment?  I mean its just words, tell us what you are planning to do, nobody expects any visual infos ;) 

Why do you guys always assume the worst in us? Really? You'll just have to wait and see what our solution is. It's fair and finally addresses the issue that gives so much of you heartburn.

That was a post Jason gave on simhq recently.

777 / 1C I mean this in the nicest way possible but please get yourselves together. For any of your customers who work in a professional business this is becoming unbelievable; if I had managed a project like this I would be on the carpet by now fighting for my job:

- Tell people what they will get HONESTLY

- Give it to them

- Keep people in the loop about what they got and how you will build on it

The defensive; 'Your fault, not our fault' temperament, the 'Be nice or we won't give you any more', the 'Well then, I'll post on the other forum' attitude is simply jaw-dropping.

It's business 101 but you seem to need it:

1) Say / discuss something achievable

2) Follow it up with something that reflects 1)

3) Admit shortcomings and mistakes - honestly but jovially caveated by your budget / manpower issues (we understand - we will forgive you; you are not Apple)

4) Keep people informed to avoid gossip and ill-formed speculation

I am astounded that a group of people who collectively created Il-2, RoF and CLoD need to be told this but, please, introduce a little logic to what you are doing! If I could be so bold:

i) In the absence of information, gossip - often negative - will follow

ii) If customer who pay your salaries do not like your product, that is the time to explain your decisions or change your model

iii) Complaining to your customers that your vision did not work is not an excuse, it is a want of understanding.

For the love of all that is holy, please stop wasting that last few iota of goodwill - you have generated via the hundreds of EA dollars - through excuses and SAY SOMETHING MEANINGFUL.

Yours, exasperated and full of experience of working in a pretty cut-throat business world,

Marsh

• Upvote 6

I am astounded that a group of people who collectively created Il-2, RoF and CLoD need to be told this but, please, introduce a little logic to what you are doing! If I could be so bold:

The BOS development crew didn't create the original IL-2 or COD, but its easy to understand why some people might think that.   The ROF developers were called on by IC to continue the IL-2 series, when they dumped the IL-2/COD developers.  A big mistake IMHO.  That said the BOS development could be very fluid, and their business model is probably constantly in review, depending on sales.  I don't have a problem with the developer keeping some info very close to their chest, rather than being called "liars" if things change for valid reasons.

Edited by JG27_Chivas
  • Upvote 1

The BOS development crew didn't create the original IL-2 or COD, but its easy to understand why some people might think that.   The ROF developers were called on by IC to continue the IL-2 series, when they dumped the IL-2/COD developers.  A big mistake IMHO.  That said the BOS development could be very fluid, and their business model is probably constantly in review, depending on sales.  I don't have a problem with the developer keeping some info very close to their chest, rather than being called "liars" if things change for valid reasons.

You are correct and I should have been more exact: Between 777 and 1C is the collective team and / or people who have observed the Il-2 / RoF / CloD experience (from a supplier perspective).

My irritation is less with what BoS is now (lots to recommend it as an evolving yet unfinished product) but with the bizarre approach to promulgating this. I bought 3 / 4 /5 (?) copies of Il-2 along the way and appreciated what the Maddox-lead team tried to do.

That may no longer be possible, but their communication was fairly open.

I bought CLoD on pre-release and I think we all understood the general issues that went with it; it was not ready but instead of admitting that the team denied it and gave up (again, economically driven but something of their own making).

I still love RoF and buy aircraft that I never fly because I want the concept to succeed.

But, from a very 'give them a chance' attitude towards the BoS team, I have become disenfranchised and amazed at the counter-productive attitude towards the client base. There is 10 years of feedback covering these 3 sims from which developer choices could be picked and the one overriding theme is that of openness, honesty and humility.

No one thinks flights sims are an iPhone market. The customer base is both demanding but somewhat forgiving if they are included in the debate. Given the rise of pseudo-sims, alienating the true sim market - if that is what you want to address - is nonsensical. So, hoping BoS is very successful I say again:

3) Admit shortcomings and mistakes - honestly but jovially caveated by your budget / manpower issues (we understand - we will forgive you; you are not Apple)

• Upvote 7

For any of your customers who work in a professional business this is becoming unbelievable; if I had managed a project like this I would be on the carpet by now fighting for my job:

Wow EAF19_Marsh your wasting your time and obvious business talent trying to give your valuable professional on these boards. Instead you should start your own games company and use your talents to develop the ultimate flight sim. With your professional approach to business I'm sure it would be a great success.

OK sorry for the sarcasm but I couldn't resist LOL

• Upvote 1

Wow EAF19_Marsh your wasting your time and obvious business talent trying to give your valuable professional on these boards. Instead you should start your own games company and use your talents to develop the ultimate flight sim. With your professional approach to business I'm sure it would be a great success.

Took me, let's say, 3 minutes? Would be $45 if I were charging.

Would you like to critique the actual points I made or simply pass through with a pointless observation?

Loved your campaign, Prangster, BTW; I truly hope something similar could be made in BoS

Edited by EAF19_Marsh

Marsh's points and concerns are just as valid as anybody else'.

Don't be just another invalidator.

He made some very excellent points and his opinion should count just as well as anyone's.

There is a short delay in the announcement. No need to lose all self restraint.

Edit: I just noticed the team put out a hotfix for RoF last night. Well done. Must be busy as hell managing the development of two sims at once.

Edited by Feathered_IV
  • Upvote 1

Some brave soul should venture over to the russian forum to see if they can dig up some more details and report back here. They seems to open up a little more about the product there from time to time.

You are correct and I should have been more exact: Between 777 and 1C is the collective team and / or people who have observed the Il-2 / RoF / CloD experience (from a supplier perspective).

My irritation is less with what BoS is now (lots to recommend it as an evolving yet unfinished product) but with the bizarre approach to promulgating this. I bought 3 / 4 /5 (?) copies of Il-2 along the way and appreciated what the Maddox-lead team tried to do.

That may no longer be possible, but their communication was fairly open.

I bought CLoD on pre-release and I think we all understood the general issues that went with it; it was not ready but instead of admitting that the team denied it and gave up (again, economically driven but something of their own making).

I still love RoF and buy aircraft that I never fly because I want the concept to succeed.

But, from a very 'give them a chance' attitude towards the BoS team, I have become disenfranchised and amazed at the counter-productive attitude towards the client base. There is 10 years of feedback covering these 3 sims from which developer choices could be picked and the one overriding theme is that of openness, honesty and humility.

No one thinks flights sims are an iPhone market. The customer base is both demanding but somewhat forgiving if they are included in the debate. Given the rise of pseudo-sims, alienating the true sim market - if that is what you want to address - is nonsensical. So, hoping BoS is very successful I say again:

+10

Nail on head

• Upvote 2

There is a short delay in the announcement. No need to lose all self restraint.

Edit: I just noticed the team put out a hotfix for RoF last night. Well done. Must be busy as hell managing the development of two sims at once.

You are probably right, however, RoF was left languishing on the shelf for months remember.

This Monday we should be certain about what we're going to say to you all this week.

I guess this means next Monday 9th, because this Monday 2nd is gone.

So this does not sound good to me, we're not certain what were going to say, makes me think we're not certain what were going to do..

I'm now think along the line; I might have to move along and wait for DCS. The flight industry just shrank another notch. was 3 to 4 to choose from now its just

1, and maybe 2 or 3?

I sure hope I'm wrong. and we get a huge lift, because I'm real depressed with the current growth of any combat flight sim.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff
  • Upvote 1

The old mantra "no news is good news" doesn't feel like it applies here. 

Maybe im just being pessimistic but im wary after what went down with Cliffs of Dover and what I can only assume are weak BoS sales, im concerned this game will get abandoned in the short term as well to be honest.

It's still a business at the end of the day....

I guess this means next Monday 9th, because this Monday 2nd is gone.

So this does not sound good to me, we're not certain what were going to say, makes me think we're not certain what were going to do..

I'm now think along the line; I might have to move along and wait for DCS. The flight industry just shrank another notch. was 3 to 4 to choose from now its just

1, and maybe 2 or 3?

I sure hope I'm wrong. and we get a huge lift, because I'm real depressed with the current growth of any combat flight sim.

Not any type of expert. But it seems there is a lot of push and pull. (looking from the outside in.)

I am not so pessimistic.

Remember that they had to hire someone recently to replace the dev who was doing the FMB, seriously ill. Maybe they are just unsure of the delay to release it.

Wepalo, alias Loft, on the steam forum, a bit angry against someone :

"We never said the game is perfect, and also we keep working on it, constantly, preparing a lot of stuff I wish I could tell you about right now.." (01/26/2015).

• Upvote 1

Jason said they'd try to get the information out this week of preparations can be made. What's a few days. It's not like they are going to pull a luthier and fall off the map for six months at a time. Take it like a man. Sheesh.

• Upvote 2