Cheesepilot

The Tangmere Pilots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxJs0-sCoyM&x-yt-ts=1422411861&x-yt-cl=84924572

Good stuff this ..... thanks for posting this ... incidently, cheaky sneaking BoS in at the end .... also your front page of your sight is simply stunning .... love it

chief

Take the time to check out the whole site - I assure you it is all equally as stunning as the first page  ;)

• Upvote 1

I might be quite interested when you guys make the switch. I don't often play CloD as I just can't get past the slight stutter the game comes with.

Have you tried all the updates? CloD is FAR from perfect but we do have ways around certain "issues"

We are waiting for the FMB to be released and a way to host our own server until we make the switch.

Cheese

It took me forever to build a rig and set it up to play Clod to the max.

When I did finally get Clod nirvana it was cancelled. :angry:

The campaign was too short on that too.

Uninstalled a few months ago but after seeing some new videos with the updates from some who have stuck by it, I may give it another go.?

Edited by voncrapenhauser

Well look us up if you decide to re-install, there's only one way to fly, and that's online with a load of like minded guys who have a laugh but also take there "Ops" seriously

Cheese

Hello,

Does your squad recruit from North America and if so, do you have specific flights set up with those from Canada and the states versus those over seas in Europe and elsewhere ?

Hi Greywulf,

Yes, we've always had pilots from the other side of the pond in TP. Currently we have three.....one East coast & one West coast in the US, plus one chap from Canada.

We don't have specific flights.

I might be quite interested when you guys make the switch. I don't often play CloD as I just can't get past the slight stutter the game comes with.

Hey  there Smokejumper. We are getting active now keep an eye out for the TP dogfight server which is being tested

Hey everyone,

We are getting very active in BoS now, we are running test DF servers and dipping our toes into COOP missions. Come and check us out!!!

You know it makes sense...............

Take the time to check out the whole site - I assure you it is all equally as stunning as the first page  ;)

nice vido

Bump for Tangmere.

We are about to embark on our 1st BoS Coop campaign. Join us and be in at the beginning!

Our first co-op style mini-campaign Battle of Velikiye Luki is due to start 7th June, this time flown as  VVS  with a variety of aircraft and missions with Prangster as the "Fat Controller" and his good experience of mission building in RoF/BoS we are looking forward to an engaging campaign and lucky to survive :)

Your welcome to say hello in the guest room http://tangmerepilots.co.uk/NewForum/viewforum.php?f=76 anyone considering joining a squad can see what we are about.

Cheers

Jacko

All,

we are now into our first coop style ops missions for BoS. We have a few spaces left to fill in our Squadron of Yaks... anyone feel up to the challenge of fighting against 190's ?

A brand new coop mission is designed and run each Sunday. Come and join in and see how good this simulator really is!!!!

See you in the snow!

Bunster

Some  video action from our first BoS mini-campaign missions

Velikiye Luki

Mission 2

Mission 3

Mission 4

Thanks to Blackjack for the videos

Edited by TP_Jacko
  • Upvote 1

All,

we are about to embark on the 2nd part of our Velikiye Luki campaign. This time we are flying the FW190 for the LW.

Each Sunday we fly a unique and specially crafted co-op mission made by one of our talented Mission Builders. We still have a few spare 190's that require brave pilots. Are you up to the challenge ? Come and take a look at what we do.

S! Bunster

why sundays why cant it be any other day?????

Its a squadron night that is dedicated to the squadron campaigns we run. Each mission is different prepared by our mission builders to meet the plan of the "Fat Controller" for that campaign.

We did our 1st Fw190 Co-op campaign mission last night. And you all missed it.............

Don't miss the next one. Join us now and take to the skies in your very own 190 and fly with a great bunch of like-minded chaps.

You know it makes sense.

S! Bunster

• Upvote 1

Seriously, the Tangmere coop campaigns are the best thing going in the Il2 bos community, truly a unique experience.

We did our 1st Fw190 Co-op campaign mission last night. And you all missed it.............

Don't miss the next one. Join us now and take to the skies in your very own 190 and fly with a great bunch of like-minded chaps.

You know it makes sense.

S! Bunster

There were 16+ of us flying as one group and the ribbing on the landing is tradition and to be expected if you eeer sink into the ice :)

Just registered in your webpage. Hope to fly with you guys soon!

Could it be 

fonziscoolbutton.jpg

Bump for TP!!! Coops old IL2 stylely.... in BOS...... WOW. You had better join quick before we run out of planes or alcohol or free sex!!!!

Bump for TP!!! Coops old IL2 stylely.... in BOS...... WOW. You had better join quick before we run out of planes or alcohol or free sex!!!!

Yep we started  a Russian campaign the first brief was. Report to OTU if you want to know what happened to Tom ;)

Stalingrad 1B – mission 01

864 IAP (Fighter Aviation Regiment) of the 269 IAD (Fighter Aviation Division)

07:04. 17 July 1942, Lipovskiy airfield.

864 IAP BRIEFING:-
Fly a morning patrol over our frontline, between TORMOSIN (552-3) and OBLIVSKAYA (407-5), at 3000m. 

POLITICAL OFFICERS MESSAGE: -
Comrades, yesterday you collected new LaGG fighters and flew them into Lipovskiy. I noticed that many of you had difficulties landing and those individuals have already been warned. May I remind you that those aircraft belong to the state and damaging state property is a serious offence. 

Our brave troops continue to resist the fascist horde. With your superior Soviet fighters you must destroy the fascists' bombers and drive the enemy from the skies of Mother Russia. Do your duty comrades!

METEOROLOGICAL REPORT:- Clear and dry. Wind at 2m/s from the southwest. Temperature 12c.

SIGNALS:-
864 IAP call sign – THRUSH
Ground control – MAPLE

LaGG-3
Skin: TP personal LaGG3s29_Summer skin.
Arming: 100% fuel. 23mm VYa 23 gun.
Mod: None.

MISSION SUCCESS:-
1 MP if at least half the LaGG’s land back at Lipovskiy and taxi to a dispersal.

The participants were

Tom 
Blackjack
Bunny
JP
Dutch
Jacko
Reggie
Nummy
Charlie 
Merlin
BB 
Moggy 
Prangster 
Malc 

And you even get shot at by your own side!

*mutter mutter*

von Tom

Application in. Fantastic website by the way.

Halon, I'm not sure whether anyone will have got back to you yet, but please be patient as folks are away from their PCs over the Christmas and New Year period. I look forward to seeing you around soon and in the meanwhile have great holidays (as our trans-atlantic cousins may say).

Thanks for the great welcome so far both here, on Tangmere's forum and by emails from the top brass. Really impressed so far and I'd definitely recommend Tangmere Pilots to a friend ;)

Thanks for the great welcome so far both here, on Tangmere's forum and by emails from the top brass. Really impressed so far and I'd definitely recommend Tangmere Pilots to a friend ;)

Not to worry Halon, welcome to Tangmere, sadly I have not yet had any interaction with you as yet apart from e-mail due to the Christmas break, but I shall enjoy getting to meet and fly with you over the next few weeks. 

Thanks for the recommendation, Tangmere Pilots is definitely a great group, having been with them for over 14 years now, they feel like family :)

TP Sunday Campaign – Spitfires at the Kuban Bridgehead

For the Spitfires at the Kuban Bridgehead Campaign we will be flying the Supermarine Spitfire Mk Vb Lend-Lease aircraft of 57 Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment (GIAP), 216th Mixed Aviation Division (Smeshannaya Aviatsionnaya Divisiya - SAD) of the 4th Air Army (Vozdushnaya Armiya - VA). The campaign will commence on 10 September and skins needed for the campaign will be available in the Downloads room. 

Spitfire_002_IWM_E23983.jpg

57 GIAP
The 57th GIAP operated from the following bases during the air battle in the Kuban region. 

Kuban_Bridgehead.jpg

24 Apr 1943 – 15 May 1942 Popovicheskaya 
16 Apr 1943 – 27 July 1943 Slavyanskaya

Their main role in the battle was mainly to provide support to bombers and troops in the area and occasionally to perform free hunt missions against enemy transport columns. The Regiment suffered from many losses due to accidents and were occasionally fired upon by friendly aircraft that were unfamiliar with the Spitfire. The regiment arrived in theatre with 29 Spitfires. By the start of June 1943 the Regiment was down to 6 aircraft, of which 4 were serviceable. The remaining aircraft were transferred to the remaining Spitfire Regiment (821 IAP) in July. 
By the time that this campaign will be taking place Soviet forces have managed to push the Germans back westward through the Caucasus until only a small area to the east of the Kerch Strait remains under their control. This area is variously known as the Kuban Bridgehead, the Taman Bridgehead or the Goth’s Head Position 

MAIN OPPONENTS
I have managed to narrow down the list of units and fighter types that were involved in the majority of 57 GIAP’s air actions to the the list below. Please bear in mind that in some cases the exact identity of the aircraft encountered is unclear and I have based some of the matches on info on German aircraft losses on particular days. 

I./JG52 – Bf 109 G2 
IV./JG52 – Bf 109 G2 
VII./JG52 – Bf 109 G2 
VIII./JG52 – Bf 109 G4(?) 
VI./JG3 – Bf 109 G4(?) 
III./JG54 – FW 190 A5 

Quotes:

Both of the first two quotations come from VVS Russia – Spitfires over the Kuban - http://lend-lease.airforce.ru/english/articles/spit/

Along with British Hurricanes, the Soviet Air Force (voyenno-vozdushnyye sily -VVS) also managed to fly another aircraft of the Royal Air Force as a front-line fighter - the Spitfire Mk. Vb. In the West this airplane is feted as the winner of the Battle of Britain, and is also a national symbol of World War II. In the skies of Russia these fighters became participants in 1943 of the bloodiest battles over the Kuban. Two front-line fighter aviation regiments of the Soviet VVS - 57th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment (GIAP) and 821st Fighter Aviation Regiment (IAP) were re-equipped with the Spitfire Mk. Vb. 

One of the most important sources by which one can judge the combat employment of the Spitfires is the testimonials of the pilots themselves about this aircraft. There is hardly a better person to characterize this equipment than a pilot who had to fight in it. Although during Soviet times it was customary to remain silent or curse aviation equipment delivered by Lend-lease, the memoirs of Anatoliy Ivanov, a pilot of 57th GIAP, contain the following description of this aircraft: 

The Spitfire was a simple aircraft that permitted significant mistakes in the techniques of piloting. The I-16 was much more demanding. The Spitfire had a radio, not a great radio, but a radio nonetheless. The singular superiority of the Spitfire was the fact that it was very light and, because of its thrust-to-weight ratio, was a good climber. This supported reliable vertical maneuver. However the greatest deficiency was the fact that the weapons were spread out along the wings. The distance between the cannons was approximately four meters. During an attack on the enemy from close range, their lethality was greatly diminished.

Over the short period of time the regiment’s pilots fought in the British aircraft, they managed to overcome the fact that the Spitfire lagged behind the German Bf-109 and especially the Fw-190 fighters in such an important characteristic for a fighter as diving capabilities. The principal explanation for this was the lightness of its construction. The aircraft simply was unable to amass sufficient energy. Therefore to exit an engagement in a Spitfire by diving was a fatal error, because this aircraft was light and a poor diver. A Messerschmitt could rapidly catch and shoot it down. 

The regiment’s pilots considered the conduct of battles in the horizontal plane to be the optimum method of contesting with German fighters. Despite the fact that, as already noted above, because of its lightness the Spitfire was a quick climber, the pilots of 57th GIAP recommended engaging the Messers and Fokkers in turning battles. Ivanov emphasizes that it was necessary to draw the enemy into a right turn, because the Messerschmitt’s propeller rotated to the left, and the airplane executed right turns with greater difficulty than left turns. For this reason, the regiment’s pilots mastered the execution of deep right turns in the Spitfire. In Ivanov’s opinion, this training was no accident, and many enemy fighters were destroyed using this particular method. 

Most of all the pilots liked the all-metal construction of the Spitfire. Unlike the built-of-wood Soviet-manufactured fighters, the ‘Englishman’ withstood the strikes of German cannons and machine guns much better. The skin, of course, was penetrated, but it did not catch fire, and this was important. This aircraft had other pluses: high maneuverability, which was achieved through great lifting surface of the wings; the aircraft was light in the controls. One of the undoubted advantages of the Spitfire over Soviet-produced aircraft was the possibility to adjust its controls to the individual physical parameters of the pilot. 

It has the capability to adjust the pedals in flight, which gives the pilot the possibility to freely execute pedal control in flight. As a rule, the pilot is able to adjust the aircraft so that if he momentarily loses consciousness, the aircraft will independently re-establish a normal attitude.

Major air campaign that marked the shift from German to Soviet air superiority on the Eastern Front during World War II. During April and May 1943, as the Germans struggled for their last North Caucasus foothold, Luftflotte 4 (Fourth Air Force) clashed with the Soviet 4 and 5 Air Armies, the Black Sea Fleet Aviation, and Long Range Aviation. Air activity was intense, often seeing as many as 100 air combats a day. 

German forces began with about 900 aircraft, including the latest models of the Bf 109G and the Hs 129, and featured some of their top units, including Jagdgeschwader 52 with Erich Hartmann. The Soviets began with about 600 aircraft, swelling to 1,150 in May. The Soviets also committed their newest aircraft, including the first use in the south of the Douglas A-20, as well as the Bell P-39D, flown by Aleksandr Pokryshkin’s air division. 

The Soviets showed a new aggressiveness in flying offensive fighter sweeps, and they introduced new tactics, including German-style four-plane formations and Pokryshkin’s Kuban Ladder, a stacked formation. Also playing a distinguished role was the Soviet women’s night-bomber regiment. The campaign ended suddenly on 7 June, at which point the Soviets had claimed 1,100 German aircraft destroyed; the Germans claimed 2,280 victories, but the tide of the air war had turned against them.

The second phase of the battle began when the Soviet 56th Army launched a major ground offensive on April 29. The objective was to establish a breakthrough corridor to Anapa, a coastal town deep in the German rear on the Black Sea. The offensive began around the village of Krymskaya, which had great strategic value due to its position north of Novorossisk and close to a key railroad junction. By this time the VVS had considerable numerical superiority, so much so that the Luftwaffe lost an average of 17 fighters a day up to May 10th; in total some 368 German aircraft were claimed by the VVS. However, once again the Soviet air force was also paying a heavy price in aircraft losses, and by May 9 / 10 the Luftwaffe had actually regained air superiority over Krymskaya. After the Soviet 56th Army made only limited gains, a two-week lull ensued

• Upvote 2