Sign in to follow this  
Jhay753

TrackIR Centering

I have been running Requiem's TrackIR profile for several months.  After an update many months ago, my IL-2 centering became 135 degrees to the left rear!  All other aircraft normal - centering right on the gunsight.   Recently I tried tweaking a profile while in a Yak - 1, and suddenly centering TrackIR means looking straight down at the seat! And other aircraft normal.   I have suspected a key conflict, so have deleted keyboard head controls, with no results.  I am afraid that all my aircraft will eventually become unusuable. What could possibly be going on here?  Any ideas or advice greatly appreciated.

This sort of thing usually happens when you hit the F10 key by mistake when you're looking somewhere and that becomes your new "centered" view for that aircraft.  Have you tried pausing TIR and recentering your view with the keys and then hitting F10 again?  If not, might be worth a try.

Good luck!

Panther,  I have not noticed any function for the F10 key, not in the game or the TrackIR software.  I have tried several keys for recentering TrackIR to no avail.  What is odd is that in my other aircraft Track IR works normally, even after all the thrashing about I have done trying to fix these two.  I have deleted all of the keys in BoS Camera Control menu, suspecting a conflict.  Why would this problem occur in only two aircraft and not others?  I really think the problem is in BoS and not TrackIR.

Panther,  I have not noticed any function for the F10 key, not in the game or the TrackIR software.  I have tried several keys for recentering TrackIR to no avail.  What is odd is that in my other aircraft Track IR works normally, even after all the thrashing about I have done trying to fix these two.  I have deleted all of the keys in BoS Camera Control menu, suspecting a conflict.  Why would this problem occur in only two aircraft and not others?  I really think the problem is in BoS and not TrackIR.

This is where I found the relevant F10 command:

BoS-F10savecommand.jpg

It works the same way in BoS as it does in RoF - make sure you do not have F10 assigned as any sort of hot key in the TIR software.  Then, with TIR paused, use the keys (Ins/Home/PgUp/Del/End/PgDn) to move your head position around till you get it where you want it to be when you center your TIR, then hit F10 to save it.  Then unpause TIR.  Now, when you hit whatever key/button you have assigned in the TIR software to center TIR, it should return you to the position/view that you saved with the F10 key.

The downside of how this works is that if you happen to hit the F10 key by mistake while you're looking around, it will save that new view/position as the default and therefore when you center TIR you will wind up in that newly saved position instead of where you really wanted it.  (If that happens, all you have to do is repeat the process above to get it back to where you want it and hit F10 again to save it).  

If this is happening to you a lot, you may want to change the head save key so that it's some combo (e.g., ctrl+F10) that you won't be as likely to hit by accident (just make sure that whatever you change it to isn't conflicting with some other command assignment in BoS).

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Panther,... <S>.....I am nominating you receive the "Hero of the Soviet Union" to be bestowed upon you by Uncle Joe himself at the next Mayday parade in Red Square!  Your clear and concise explanation and instruction worked perfectly.  The moral of this experience is to stay away from the 'F' keys.   Your response should become a sticky, because I'm sure that I'm not the only key masher and thrasher to blunder blindly into this dilemma.  Thank you for your attention and patience.

LOL - thanks for the nomination :)  I've been looking for an opportunity to travel to Moscow and drop in on the 777 team - maybe this could be it :lol:

Glad it helped - it can certainly be frustrating when something like this goes wrong and something that's been working just fine all of the sudden goes wonky.  Fortunately, if you're willing to step back, relax and ask for help, the Community can usually help you get things fixed.