Sign in to follow this  
DesertFox7

SAITEK BUILD QUALITY

I have been playing flight sims for 15+ years, Ive owned thrustmasters, logitechs and saiteks during this time. I wanted to post this topic regarding saiteks so that you will NOT get burned like I have.

In the last two years I have purchased a Saitek X52 pro, and the Combat rudder pedals. My x52 pro failed after two weeks of use, the throttle locked up because the little junky detents inside of it fell out and got jammed in the mechanism. I decided that id be damned if im shipping them back and cracked it open myself, voided the warranty and removed the detents and got it working again. Figured it must be and isolated case. After three weeks the spring at the base of the joystick seized up and I have found no solution other than twisting the spring to unbind it, something that I still live with until I have the money to purchase a thrustmaster. So that's my X52 experience. This year I was fool enough to purchase Saitek combat rudder pedals, thinking that all the headaches I had before were just bad luck. So I unboxed my new pedals and excitedly got them setup and started flying. Within 3 hours of very soft use they broke, The spring inside of them came loose and they would not snap back to a neutral position and were jamming up aswell. So I went through the painful process of shipping them back to Saitek, they covered them under warranty and told me my new pedals would be here in a couple of weeks, well today I received my rudder pedals and they shipped the wrong model of pedals, I received pro pedals instead of the more expensive combat pedals. Im still awaiting word of what is to be. So I would highly recommend for anyone thinking about buying anything Saitek DONT! Chances are you will get burned. I would also like to note that long before Saitek was owned by mad catz I had an old X52 which lasted me for atleast 7 years. They do not build quality anymore. So that's my 10 cents to future customers of Saitek.

Saitek went down the tubes when MadCatz bought them, everything MadCatz has made on their own has been complete crap. With Saitek they took products that have proven to be relatively decent and somehow reverse engineer stuff they didn't even design to somehow be crappier than it was when Saitek themselves designed it 10 years ago.

I have owned the CH Products FighterStick, Pro Throttle, and Pro Pedals for over ten years and they continue to perform flawlessly.  They are quality products, built with integrity because the company has a long-standing solid reputation to protect. 

I have owned my Saitek Pro Flight pedals for over 6 years with no issues. I think Saitek is still a good bang for the buck option and still may get an X-55.

I have owned my Saitek Pro Flight pedals for over 6 years with no issues. I think Saitek is still a good bang for the buck option and still may get an X-55.

You may want to search the internet before you place an order. Try to find youtube reviews that consider ergonomics of the stick. Or I'd better say poor ergonomics.

Saitek X52 (not pro version) for over ten years ; it works perfectly , so I am very happy with, and more if you think I bought it new for only 100 euro (~ 120$).

Saitek rudder pedals for 7 years too and no issue with, paid less than 100 euro.

Excellent value for money IMHO.

Edited by F/JG300_Touch

I tried a x52 and I have a aviator stick: beautiful to the eye but plastic economic and bad feeling in hand

You may want to search the internet before you place an order. Try to find youtube reviews that consider ergonomics of the stick. Or I'd better say poor ergonomics.

I saw this video, it really brought the problems to the forefront and showed some amazing design blunders. The design of the X-55 from Madcatz compared to the X-52 that Saitek originally made when they were still a company is a night and day difference.

Yes the X-55 has some serious design and technical flaws. A mate of mine send his back after 1 day of unboxing only because he found it to be the worst flight producted he purchased to date.

Dont know about your 52 pro issues though. Got mine used (having been in use for 1 year already) and was suprised how flawlessly it worked till now.

The only thing I had to do was to apply some grease and fire it up. The software on the other never worked on my system so I never used it.

My rudder were a slightly different matter. After 1 year of flying my sensetivity trim jamed up and I couldnt fix it. Also the centerpoint has noticeably worn out so I decided to modify them recebtly with reasonable success.

Being at the bottom of the price chain those pedals do their job though, even if I consider them oberpriced still.

Don't know if it's bad luck or Saitek messed with its recent batches. Personally I had only good expiriences with my X-52 Pro and sfrongly recommend it, because mine worked nice and flawless for its considerable age.

My only experience with Saitek hardware is the Combat Pedals I purchased about 2.5 years ago, so far they are still performing well.

On a favorable note I have not had any issues with the X55. Purchased about 2 months ago it has worked w/o any issues. As other folks have suggested it is connected via a powered USB 3.0 hub and I have not had any ghosting issues. I have not used the profile software and just configure it in the BOS setup. Only real issue I have is that the tension on the throttle is pretty tight but I imagine w/further use it will loosen up some. As far as long-term use that remains to be seen, it probably only gets used for and hour or two daily.

I have owned the CH Products FighterStick, Pro Throttle, and Pro Pedals for over ten years and they continue to perform flawlessly.  They are quality products, built with integrity because the company has a long-standing solid reputation to protect.

Same here. They have an industrial quality and feel like they will literally last forever. The company makes industrial and military controllers so that's why.