Sign in to follow this  
indiaciki

Bf109F BOS vs Bf109K DCS

How do they compare FM etc. I'm considering buying the DCS K though I was told she's still in beta. Does anybody fly both?

I dont think you should decide on what to buy comparing only FM. Although they are still the same plane (109), the F models differs very much from the K model, while the F is very light, agile and nimble, the K is more heavier, faster, climb better and have a big ass of a cannon (30mm compared to the 20mm of the F model).

In DCS you get a fully clickable pit that BoS lacks, but in BoS you get a decent map while in DCS you have to fly against Mustangs in Crimea, very autentic lol.  :rolleyes:

The point is: you're trying to compare apples and oranges, even though they are flight sims, they are very different from one to another with their pros and cons, and if you have the money, why not enjoy both ?

Buy the DCS 109. It's a blast. Great fun learning proper engine management.

Trust me. Very addictive.

And no unlocks!

Thanks. I fly the P51, the Huey and I'm learning to fly the Mig21bis. I'm used to DCS and X-plane clickable cockpits and I'm more interested in flying than combat. I only fly combat in ROF and some in BOS. Though I prefer the feel of BOS aircraft over DCS.

Thanks. I fly the P51, the Huey and I'm learning to fly the Mig21bis. I'm used to DCS and X-plane clickable cockpits and I'm more interested in flying than combat. I only fly combat in ROF and some in BOS. Though I prefer the feel of BOS aircraft over DCS.

If you want to play only for the fun of flying (no combat), I would suggest dcs, the clickable pit is a plus in that regard, also the snowy Stalingrad map gets a little boring after a while. But if you want combat I'm sure you will be well served with BoS.

Also, since you said you already fly in DCS I would like to ask you: is there any populated WWII-only server for their mp ? Everytime I try to play online with my 190 I only find empty servers  :(

Edited by istruba
  • Upvote 1

Buy the DCS 109. It's a blast. Great fun learning proper engine management.

Trust me. Very addictive.

And no unlocks!

Yes it is all great learning in DCS my favourite is the Huey but then you realise there is no suitable map etc which sure as hell dulls the fun, they really need to get their act together map wise a Vietnam map with accompanying vehicles targets etc would be great, I just got bored landing the Huey here and there same with the P51 etc.

Yes it is all great learning in DCS my favourite is the Huey but then you realise... Huey here and there same with the P51 etc.

That's my main concern. It's fun lerning to fly them... i wish they made their modules for x-plane

Edited by indiaciki

Yes get the DCS BF109K. When you get the hang of take off the BF109K it is a dream to fly.  But you cannot compare the BF109K like the BOS F and G Model. The K model has a lot more torque and P Factor coming from Both the Prop and engine. But for my thoughts on the BOS or DCS they have PRO and CONS on both  

I fly regularly on multiplayer and I always find plenty of people to fly with (DoW or ACG servers) or against.

I did fly the 109 in BoS and DCS quite extensively. I never had any trouble flying the 109 in BoS. But I sh*t bricks every time I land the Kurfürst. You really get a better sense of how narrow the landing gear is and I genuily get scared sometimes, especially during crosswind landings. The 109 in DCS seems to me to be a much more nervous plane and it requires CONSTANT rudder input and stick input too. After long flights, I tend to get cramps in my legs and in my arm because I gotta keep the aircraft under my control (even with max nose down trim it will sometimes still want to go up).

I fly the Kurfürst on an almost daily basis and I enjoy it very much. Just as much fun as the Mustang. I prefer this one over 777's Friedrich and Gustav.

Your call.

Here is the Kurfürst in action:

If you ever want to give it a try, I did a quick guide for it.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128890&highlight=chuck

Oh, and don't forget to get diveplane's sound mod for the 109: it's much, MUCH better than the default lawnmower sound (see page 8 for mod).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20586543/JSGME%20and%20Audio%20Sound%20Mod%20Install.pdf

Edited by 71st_AH_Chuck

that's why there was a joke within the Luftwaffe of bf109 pilots had to have a long right leg and a short left leg to just flight the bird

I've yet to hear anything bad about the dcs 109 and you already own the BoS one. As you are familiar with dcs you should have a good impression of what you get for it's price tag.

I'd have probably bought it on it's latest sale but I've decided to not invest in more planes till edge and proper ww2 environment.

There are 1-2 ww2 server but only with moderate population (less than bos) and mainly pings above 180 from germany, which is a pity.

I'm not a single player guy so I'll keep my engines prepared for proper MP for my WW 2 birds and leave dcs catching up for a while.

Also, since you said you already fly in DCS I would like to ask you: is there any populated WWII-only server for their mp ? Everytime I try to play online with my 190 I only find empty servers  :(

The [Dogs of War] Server is usually well populated, there are usually 10-30 players online during the evening.

The Kurfürst is a joy to fly, can't reccomend it enough.

I'm having a great time in the ww2 birds online :D