=RvE=SirScorpion

So why is every thing locked?

New to this game, but been siming for the better part of 20 years. and trying to switch over from IL2 HSFX.

So after paying for the "premium" edition of the game, i come to the shocking surprised that every thing is locked, war thunder style and not only that but i have to unlock it doing Single player missions which i have no interest in what so ever. 

This is not the sim games we grew up with, or the way simulator games should be gated like some 3rd grade RPG game.

I would like to support sim games, and i do support games that i care about even with over the top business models like BOS, which i can understand to some extent, but also locking and gating content is not my cup of tea, and i think i will stop supporting this idiotic system, its not fun and i and am sure others do not have time for such behaviors.

I expected better.

• Upvote 3

Sorry man, many feel the same way, too bad you did not read up on some of the other flight sim forums to get a true picture of what they ended up releasing.

That OP post looks like it is made by someone, who did read a lot through this forum :)

...hard to believe he didnt know about unlocks ;)

I think the real issue is the number of people that did in fact do their due diligence, and decided not to purchase the title based on the unlocks.

That is what the developers should really be concerned about.

This genre is small and growing ever smaller, one simply cannot afford to toss prospective players into the dustbin because of daft design decisions.

And why do you guys with the fancy bars under your avatars always, always have to deride anyone that voices legitimate criticisms, and insinuate nefarious intent, like alt accounts?

Grow up.  You owe nothing to this title, it in fact owes everything to you as you lot paid the big bucks early on for it.

You should be the ones at the front gate of 1C/777 with torches and pitchforks.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL
  • Upvote 6

Welcome to BoS. Don't worry about the unlocks, if you've been playing for 20 years you'll have no trouble winning them.

• Upvote 3

Not an alt account for all those whoa re concerned though i don't know why you would "alt" into a small game like this. 

Plane familiarization has nothing to do with skins, and after as i said 20 or so years don't think i need that. 

And yes might have no read up on this as i expected better, but i did tell my other 3 friends not to buy it, ill keep half an eye on this and see where this goes as it does have potential, but i am done with grinding for the sake of grinding.

Have fun!

And why do you guys with the fancy bars under your avatars always, always have to deride anyone that voices legitimate criticisms, and insinuate nefarious intent, like alt accounts?   Grow up.  You owe nothing to this title, it in fact owes everything to you as you lot paid the big bucks early on for it.   You should be the ones at the front gate of 1C/777 with torches and pitchforks.

Not all of us do that, and we have been at the front gate. OP should have researched what he was buying before pulling the trigger.

• Upvote 1

Guest deleted@30725

Don't forget about DCS world. I know the modules are expensive, but they have flash sales through the year that make the price easier to take. They've got an updated graphics engine in the works as well as some more ww2 birds. 

So you bought the game just to throw it under the rug?

And just because you've been playing flight sims for 20 years, you don't need aircraft familiarization?  Most of us here including me have ~20 years under our belt playing flight sims, so you know the max RPM's and MP for the Yak, La-5, 109, etc? No one can just jump into a game like this and be instantly familiar with the aircraft.

but i did tell my other 3 friends not to buy it, ill keep half an eye on this and see where this goes as it does have potential, but i am done with grinding for the sake of grinding.

I see you on War Thunder all the time dude, grind away.

I think you need to play a little longer before you sweep it under.

• Upvote 1

I think the real issue is the number of people that did in fact do their due diligence, and decided not to purchase the title based on the unlocks.

That is what the developers should really be concerned about.

This genre is small and growing ever smaller, one simply cannot afford to toss prospective players into the dustbin because of daft design decisions.

And why do you guys with the fancy bars under your avatars always, always have to deride anyone that voices legitimate criticisms, and insinuate nefarious intent, like alt accounts?

Grow up.  You owe nothing to this title, it in fact owes everything to you as you lot paid the big bucks early on for it.

You should be the ones at the front gate of 1C/777 with torches and pitchforks.

We are!...but then we get hammered...and retreat to the Sanctuary of SimHQ where we can post our legitimate grievances without fear of a Mod hammer, or Praise Mob attacking us

...back to lurking

Lots of us with the fancy bars have been very vocal. It's just that the devs don't care and the fanbois will back whatever the devs do to "save the genre" which is of course a steaming pile of ....

But hey Yakov Shmirnov had it right, in soviet russia, game plays you!

We got played, baited and switched. No more no less.

• Upvote 1

So you bought the game just to throw it under the rug?

And just because you've been playing flight sims for 20 years, you don't need aircraft familiarization?  Most of us here including me have ~20 years under our belt playing flight sims, so you know the max RPM's and MP for the Yak, La-5, 109, etc? No one can just jump into a game like this and be instantly familiar with the aircraft.

I see you on War Thunder all the time dude, grind away.

I think you need to play a little longer before you sweep it under.

Funny thing about WT, is that i "grind" while i play PVP. and most of the upgrades are gained "quickly" while still being a casual game. 

Also, its free. and i expected a model like that in a game like that. BOS should not compare it self to WT in any way.

• Upvote 2

It's very rare that a company will receive such unanimous feedback from their customers. It would be wise to take it seriously.

• Upvote 5

Also, its free. and i expected a model like that in a game like that. BOS should not compare it self to WT in any way.

There's as low cost version for the Russian market with only two planes and the player unlocks or buys more content I think

The unlocks are there to make us feel angry, frustrated, miserable, helpless, ignored etc. It's the most realistic factor in the game. That's how all pilots in Stalingrad probably felt.

• Upvote 2

The unlocks are there to make us feel angry, frustrated, miserable, helpless, ignored etc. It's the most realistic factor in the game. That's how all pilots in Stalingrad probably felt.

This . The whole "grinding" thing sure reminds us battle of Stalingrad was nothing like romantic adventure :P. Talk about educational aspect. 

• Upvote 1