Live stream of IL-2: BOS on Wednesday, September 25th

Fly a ROF nighttime mission.  ;)

I think if you would fly ROF with the BOS Game Engine it would look the same. Only if you have a snow map (winter) the night looks better. You have more visible range because of the white snow and reflections from snow/ice and moon. The night looks nice that they show with the Live-Stream but its nothing because its winter and snow/ice help very much to made the night more enjoyable.    

Just came home from a work related trip to Berlin, made my girlfriend record the live stream however and am now cutting the video for YT upload, stay tuned!

Karaya is a guarantee when it comes to have recorded streams. Now with the new, smart co-pilot for when he leaves!

:clapping:

ITs very hard to simmulate darkness on a device that works emitting Light into your eyes...

In "Disaster sim"  the night around midnight was really dark (I play I lot trying use the (broken) Lorenz blinding landing system), but this was removed with the "shine" of MOD version...

Anyway in MP environment players would use the exploit of adjust monitor gama... :rolleyes:

What are show in today stream are really good, a big improvement over the "old" il-2. ;)

Sokol1

Big thumbs up, I especially liked the last few minutes with the train in the village. Seeing it in the game engine it looked very naural and the palcement of houses/fence/trees lines etc looked verymuch like the photos shown.

Cheers and thankyou!

Can't wait for some night missions!

The real test will come when clouds and/or snowfall is added. The clouds should reflect light and snowfall should disperse and absorb it.

BTW I think objects should cast shadows from the light from the flares.

Otherwise almost good to go!

Master

The real test will come when clouds and/or snowfall is added. The clouds should reflect light and snowfall should disperse and absorb it.

Master

That would be spectacular. Perhaps something similiar to the way it was in Gothic 3 (maybe not the best example, but it got me impressed at that time), where your torch would cast shadows everywhere at night...

Also, shadows from vehicles' lights...

And, since I noticed it as an inheritance from RoF, could the in-cockpit self shadowing be extended to the stick and perhaps to more instruments? If I recall right, in the previous videos the even the gun sight didn't seem to cast any shadow at all... it's fine the way it is right now, but it would be feel so richer if it got improved.

Also, last night I went out and the moon looked almost exactly the way it was in the video. It almost moved me :russian_ru:

Edited by Picchio

Yeh I don't even see how that can be possible as you can change your gamma in Nvidia CP.

In engines that make deferred render, with post processing lighting the shader can simply remove the  content that is to be obscured over a certain treshhold, woudl be coslty and soem things would still appear, but the view would be so  strange if you tried to compensate with gamma  that  I do not think many would  do it.

Anyway, this type of engine is usually not used in  flight sims.

Master

I just tried a quick flight in ROF with full overcast clouds and on a winter map. It looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see the Stalingrad map first hand.

I just tried a quick flight in ROF with full overcast clouds and on a winter map. It looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see the Stalingrad map first hand.

Indeed, I have been very impressed by the graphics in ROF. Really looking forward to seeing them in the BOS final product.

Why again no bombers? When do we get to see the rest of the flyables?

Presumably they're not ready yet. The game isn't out until Q2 2014. There's still time.

The upcoming autumn release will be an Alpha (or was it Beta?) version. I imagine content will be added to it as we go along.