Sign in to follow this  
TheJU88Man

Adding the German JU-88 Bomber Plane Into The Game

Hey, what do you think of adding the JU-88 bomber plane into the game?

This would be an AWESOME way to play the game.

And under World War 2 the battle of Stalingrad, there many German bomber planes, and the JU -88

was one of the most used in The Battle of Stalingrad.

What do you guys think of the idea, because its a interesting one.

Have a nice holiday!!

• Upvote 3

Wait what? it should be in the list of things to do. any way I would suspect they will go back to the old model of selling planes and maps, which would help them along much better, than the other way.

Yeah it's pretty easy to model as well. Has been very well documented and researched for other titles. Definately coming at some point.

And no, you're not the first to think of this ;) it's one of the most requested planes.

Was one of my favorites in 1946. It handled beautifully in that game. There's a poll out right now that leaves it out, but I think the Ju-88 should come before the 110.

Judging from the community recently, I think it'd be smart for the devs to probably put new aircraft atop of the priority list.

At the pace it's going now, it feels like the wait for a new aircraft is as long as the new edge engine for dcs.

Edited by Silky

I don;t know why this isn't  the first choise as the bomber in all sims of era. It never is though. I think the Ju-88 is twice the aeroplane the He-111 is. Look at the speeds they got out of ir by wars end as a Night Fighter.

Edited by II./JG27_Rich

I don;t know why this isn't  the first choise as the bomber in all sims of era. It never is though. I think the Ju-88 is twice the aeroplane the He-111 is. Look at the speeds they got out of ir by wars end as a Night Fighter.

There's a very specific reason why the He 111 was the right first choice for BoS: It doubles as a transport plane for simulating the Stalingrad air bridge, where Luftflotte 4 actually did use a lot of Heinkels as emergency cargo planes. The Ju88 would not be useful in this role. This point will be less obvious once we get the Ju52, but from the beginning, it was not even planned to be in BoS.

About 'other sims' I'm not really sure, which ones you talk about. The handful of sims that cover the Battle of Britain all feature the three main LW medium bombers of 1940 (He 111, Ju 88 and Do 17) except, I think, for EAW which doesn't have the Do 17 IIRC. The only sim I can think of off the top of my head, which went for a flyable He 111 as the main LW bomber before making the Ju 88 was the original IL-2, and that was more of a convenience thing, as that dev. team was modelling a ton of aircraft all at once, and the He 111 was much easier to document, because there are still airworthy examples (albeit with Merlin engines)

One sim hardly makes a trend.

Edited by Finkeren

You don't need to post the same thing in three different threads. 

You don't need to post the same thing in three different threads.

Agreed.

@TheJU88Man, I'd love to see the Ju-88 in the game too, as it's one of my favourite bombers of all time. I wouldn't worry too much, as it's sure to be added to the game sooner or later.