KobraTomKob

How can I fly the Heinkel?

Newbie here. Haven't unlocked anything.

Is there any way I can get straight into the Heinkel to practice some bomb runs? I cant find any missions with the Heinkel. Or do I need to earn XPs through the campaign, and then only fly the Heinkel as part of a campaign?

I don't think that any planes need to be unlocked. Just the extra features for them.

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Upvote 1

I don't think that any planes need to be unlocked. Just the extra features for them.

Actually you have to unlock some planes.

I think that founders didnt have to but people who bought it after release you have to grind through the campaign.

Nope, the Heinkel is part of the standard plane set, at least in the non Russian release.

The only "premium" aircraft are the FW 190 and the La 5.

In the campaign you may have to go through some planes first, but if you want to practice you should be able to use the He 111 in the single missions.

How you use the bombsight is anyone's guess though, as I don't see a tutorial for it anywhere.

I don't think there are any pre-made, scripted missions for the Heinkel, but you should be able to go to quick mission builder and set up a scenario of your own.

S!

You have to unlock it by playing the Stuka for a while. Stuka can be unlocked by playing the Bf 109 F4.

If you get the normal version all planes are unlocked excpet for the Lagg and the Bf 109 F4. All planes except for the LA-5 and Fw-190 can be unlocked by playing the Campaign in the normal version.

Zettman

Edited by Zettman

You all got it wrong: The non-founders DO have to unlock the planes. Only the founders had all planes unlocked from the start.

You start flying the LaGG-3 and Bf 109F4. Relatively quickly you'll unlock the Ju 87 and Il-2 and can start flying bomber/ground attack missions. Flying the Ju 87 will unlock the He 111 about halfway through. In total we're talking approximately 10-15 succesful missions on normal difficulty to get to the He 111 if you go straight for it.

How you use the bombsight is anyone's guess though, as I don't see a tutorial for it anywhere.

The 'Boris'ight/Fritz'sight" is simple to use, just adjust the right side dials with Speed, Altitude values show in instruments in left side. Plane in "AI autopilot for level flight".

The only trick part to deal is the wind angle - see in "weather report" (the cloud on top) the wind parameters. Wind directions is FROM.

And to deal with wind angle adjust use the 'Wind Angle Calculator" or the (RoF) "Turtle Calc":

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/10046-he-111-high-altitude-level-bombing-guide/?hl=+bombsight

Since the wind directions sometimes is informed as SSW, NNE... is good know (print) the compass 32 Cardinal Points - use the Middle azimuth,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Points_of_the_compass

31 North-northwest NNW Maestro-Tramontana 331.88° 337.50° 343.12°

Chuck_Owl did a nice tutorial for level bombing - before he give up with "BoS community", so the download link are now dead.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/10046-he-111-high-altitude-level-bombing-guide/?hl=+bombsight

But someone in this forum is authorized to share his tutorials, just dont remember who...

Edited by Sokol1

You all got it wrong: The non-founders DO have to unlock the planes. Only the founders had all planes unlocked from the start.

You start flying the LaGG-3 and Bf 109F4. Relatively quickly you'll unlock the Ju 87 and Il-2 and can start flying bomber/ground attack missions. Flying the Ju 87 will unlock the He 111 about halfway through. In total we're talking approximately 10-15 succesful missions on normal difficulty to get to the He 111 if you go straight for it.

I've unlocked nearly everything by now and so have forgotten... I don't recall having to unlock the He-111 though. Maybe it's different for founders. My plan in the campaign was to fly a few missions with every plane in every chapter so I'm almost sure I was able to fly all the planes right away.

Another tip for unlocking. Play it on Expert. If you want everything quickly. It only takes about 5-6 successful missions that way. That actually works out to about 1 successful mission per chapter. I didn't feel the need to rush it as I enjoy playing through long missions but I figured if I wanted to I could get everything unlocked for a particular plane in less than 2 hours. That's really not fun though flying through everything at 2x speed.

Edited by SharpeXB

Looking at the unlock tree in the Game. No I did not have to unlock any planes in the Campaign by flying others first. For example I was able to fly the He-111, Stuka and 109 G right away. Same with the Yak 1 and IL-2.  I did have to unlock the equipment and skins but not the planes.  I have the Premium version of the game, maybe that's why.

Looking at the unlock tree in the Game. No I did not have to unlock any planes in the Campaign by flying others first. For example I was able to fly the He-111, Stuka and 109 G right away. Same with the Yak 1 and IL-2.  I did have to unlock the equipment and skins but not the planes.  I have the Premium version of the game, maybe that's why.

Really? I was thinking the first 2-3 missions on the campaign one had to fly for the Russian side, could not fly the German planes.

Has been a while since playing BOS though, I may not be remembering correctly.  

Newbie here. Haven't unlocked anything.

Is there any way I can get straight into the Heinkel to practice some bomb runs? I cant find any missions with the Heinkel. Or do I need to earn XPs through the campaign, and then only fly the Heinkel as part of a campaign?

Hello TomKob.  You can select the Heinkel in the QMB or go online if you want a little practise with it.  

• Upvote 1

The 'Boris'ight/Fritz'sight" is simple to use, just adjust the right side dials with Speed, Altitude values show in instruments in left side. Plane in "AI autopilot for level flight".

The only trick part to deal is the wind angle - see in "weather report" (the cloud on top) the wind parameters. Wind directions is FROM.

And to deal with wind angle adjust use the 'Wind Angle Calculator" or the (RoF) "Turtle Calc":

Since the wind directions sometimes is informed as SSW, NNE... is good know (print) the compass 32 Cardinal Points - use the Middle azimuth,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Points_of_the_compass

Chuck_Owl did a nice tutorial for level bombing - before he give up with "BoS community", so the download link are now dead.

But someone in this forum is authorized to share his tutorials, just dont remember who...

It's a nifty tool for noobs, but you don't have to do this. All you have to do is calculate how many degrees are between your plane and the shortest path to the wind and whatever side you used to get there is the left or right correction. You don't even have to be exact. A bomb angle of 53 degrees with a correction set for 40-45 will still land the bomb on target. 

SharpeXB, 

I've unlocked nearly everything by now and so have forgotten... I don't recall having to unlock the He-111 though.

Seems that someone has trouble in comprehending text...  :rolleyes:

He say NON-FOUNDERS. Look at KobraTomKob avatar, he don't have this fool golden/silver/whatever color tag, hi is "non-founder" game owner.

Notice the difference from you (Gold Founder)? So answer from "founder" perspective will don't help the guy.  :P

Look at Ju-87 unlock tree:

post-7693-0-31935600-1390557628.jpg

See a He 111 H6 in the middle? 

KobraTomKob
  • Upvote 2

Looks like the unlock thing got many people confused! ;)

As said above, all 8 standard planes are available for anyone who bought BoS (exept for the russian "lite" version which only has 2 available planes at start).

In the campaign, the first 4 missions (tutorial) can only be played with LaGG and then F4. Once the tutorial is finished, all planes are available for campaign.

Cheers,

• Upvote 2

Looks like the unlock thing got many people confused! ;)

As said above, all 8 standard planes are available for anyone who bought BoS (exept for the russian "lite" version which only has 2 available planes at start).

In the campaign, the first 4 missions (tutorial) can only be played with LaGG and then F4. Once the tutorial is finished, all planes are available for campaign.

Cheers,

Purchased BoS in Mid December.

As PA-Sniv posts above all 8 std aircraft were available within the campaign.

Although I purchased the La-5 and Fw190 have not flown them as yet. So unknown if they were available at the beginning of the campaign along with the std 8.

Very poor thread for new players to read, lots of conflicting information. Mods should select PA-Snivs post as "best answer" so it shows up at the top of the thread.

Edited by Calvamos
  • Upvote 2

Actually you have to unlock some planes.

I think that founders didnt have to but people who bought it after release you have to grind through the campaign.

Did first three missions.

Think I then just selected Heinkel 111 as my aircraft on campaign  and away I went.

+1

Edited by voncrapenhauser