BlueHeron

Map on separate monitor or tablet

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I couldn't find a relevant posting.

I've always found that using the mini map or switching to the full screen map takes much away from immersion.  The experience would be so much smoother if I could just glance over to a separate screen to see the map without interrupting my main screen.

Is there any way we could get the 'O' screen to display on a second monitor?  Even if it was a static image showing the flight plan for the current mission, it would be very helpful.  Showing the same on a tablet would work too, but would probably be more complex to implement.

There is a high detailed map in pdf format that you could display on a tablet or another monitor. I am aslo creating a map app that will alow for route waypoints and will be able to calculate speed, distance, time and wind corrections, was also going to experiment with a advance time to climb/decend feature. Getting back to work has slowed me down a bit but should be ready in a couple of weeks. The only real problem I have is making a tablet version on Android as I'm not really familiar with touch screen. This is what I want, not windows as I don't have another monitor.

• Upvote 2

Have you guys seen how warthunder handles it? You open your browser on any machine to http//:127.0.0.1:8111 or (ip of machine playing WT):8111 and you get a real time updating full screen map. This would be a VERY welcome addition to BoS!

Edited by driftaholic

"real time updating full screen map" = GPS+Radar.  :P  In this case no navigation learn is need... Just use BoS micro/mini maps.  ;) 

That would be quite interesting to have. I've constructed my own control panel and integrated a Audrino touchscreen display in it. It would be nice if I could use the display solely for that purpose.

20191117_213040.jpg

Try

il2missionplanner.com

also 

This is my favorite wind compensator on my third monitor 

:salute:

skud

Edited by ATAG_SKUD

"... any way we could get the 'O' screen to display on a second monitor ..."

INDEED !

IMHO Not being able to put it ('o' map) on second monitor is a bit of loss.

Same goes for the F10 map in DCS.

BTW in DCS we do have the 'kneeboard' feature (OK, not the same as F10 with moving objects) and the kneeboard can be put on a second monitor.