you read the readme?

BoS\data\Missions\VeteranenMissions readme

"The given flight path has to be observed. If your deviation is too big, you easily could become a prey for enemy fighters."

stay on course and you will have no contact with the enemy fighter ;)

so good navigation save live  :salute:

In my flight I did a mistake and turn to North over the city market for return leg, get some report of fighters, but realize the error and correct the path in the middle of the leg inbound for the target. ;)

Blitzen, mine said the same at first. Try refreshing the page

Nice job Veteran, only had time for the first few missions but they were great. Way better than the campaign - keep them coming !

Played the new mission just now. 

I managed to hit the target, but the flak shot me up pretty bad, so that both of my engines died on the way home and I had to make an emergency landing.

Any tips on how to avoid the flak over the target area?

But it sure is some great stuff!

Edited by Comes

Great work Veteran ! I love you, but my wife hate you  :biggrin:

Edited by Wandalen

No luck-my long ago College German led me to checking both boxes but all  I got afterwards was a note again in German that the link might be broken & to try again.Maybe I am missing a vital clue? :huh:

No luck-my long ago

Try here: KG27_V2.rar

Any tips on how to avoid the flak over the target area?

Vary the direction and altitude constantly - of course not in bombing run, here "cross your fingers". :)

Edited by Sokol1

No luck-my long ago College German led me to checking both boxes but all  I got afterwards was a note again in German that the link might be broken & to try again.Maybe I am missing a vital clue? :huh:

I think I just hit refresh a couple times, my German is rough but i clicked the part where it says to click if the download doesn't start automatically etc.

You couldt try a different browser? It worked on the 2nd or 3rd attempt

Here is my first run not ideal but you can see how well it's working. Ill have a full successful mission up in a few days.

http://youtu.be/rJLdT9VWPD8...

The HUD compass in the video suggest that you are not following the flight plan, zoom the map to pic the headings.

Recon2.jpg

Navigation is the most important job in the "Veteranen" bomber mission ;)

as Sokol says, look on the Briefing Map, and hold the course.

For the Flak make a "Flak dance", up down left right, over your target stay in close formation (hope the Flak shoot to the AI´s), 

note the most Airplanes in WW2 where shoot down from the Flak not from enemy fighters.

Edited by Veteran66

Vary the direction and altitude constantly - of course not in bombing run, here "cross your fingers". :)

Okay, maybe I'l have better luck next time.

Meeting the heavy flak in the KG27 mission:

2ibg3cx.jpg

107j4sl.jpg

ipuk3k.jpg

Where your Wingmans?

1000m behind you, so all Flak will shoot to you ;)

I will make a Flak fix for this Mission but only lower Flak in the Target area, the other Flak areas you can make "Flak dance" this is a great help and stay in close formation.

What is Flak dance" in german "Flaktanz" 

Don't fly alone, make the Autolevel off, fly up/down 500m, fly left/right 500m so the Flak can`t follow you.

And note the most airkills in ww2 have the Flak units, there is a very dangerous weapon.

Here the Flakfix:

KG27_1_Flakfix_Download

less Flak in Taget area

Cool! But don't dumb it down too much! Flak-inspired terror is one of the best parts of this mission! On my first mission run-through I was shot down over the first waypoint. But I still managed to make a deadstick landing at an airfield halfway back towards the airbase. It was a great simming experience!

Also, Veteran, the messages that you get to help with navigation during the mission are just great. I really felt as if I was in a multi-crewed aircraft, getting relevant feedback from my brothers-in-arms. I think it's brilliant that the game can do this, and that a mission builder such as yourself can use it. Many thanks.

Roll on the release of the mission editor.

Edited by No601_Swallow

Cool! But don't dumb it down too much! Flak-inspired terror is one of the best parts of this mission! On my first mission run-through I was shot down over the first waypoint. But I still managed to make a deadstick landing at an airfield halfway back towards the airbase. It was a great simming experience!

Also, Veteran, the messages that you get to help with navigation during the mission are just great. I really felt as if I was in a multi-crewed aircraft, getting relevant feedback from my brothers-in-arms. I think it's brilliant that the game can do this, and that a mission builder such as yourself can use it. Many thanks.

Roll on the release of the mission editor.

nice you like it :)

i delete 2 of 5 Flak only in the target area, so you survive the bombrun easier. 

Veteran, which AILevel did you use for the flak? I have tried the mission twice and everytime I was shot down by the first flak concentration near Surovikino. The second time I was hit by the very first salvo, so I wasn't even able to start any evasive actions.

Veteran, which AILevel did you use for the flak? I have tried the mission twice and everytime I was shot down by the first flak concentration near Surovikino. The second time I was hit by the very first salvo, so I wasn't even able to start any evasive actions.

you get a "Achtung Flak" report, after this report you must make a Flak dance and sty in close formation.

Try it, i am make many test fly´s and i never shoot down by front Flak only in the target zone.

I would like to know the AILevel out of sheer curiosity. A first salvo hit would have been very uncommon in real life, so it might be an indication that the BoS flak AI is way too accurate.

I would like to know the AILevel out of sheer curiosity. A first salvo hit would have been very uncommon in real life, so it might be an indication that the BoS flak AI is way too accurate.

the AA Level is "high" it shoots from a distance of 6km.

The Flak AI is ok!

but please no endless discussions about Flak AI or to havy Flak in the KG27 Mission

Where your Wingmans?

1000m behind you, so all Flak will shoot to you ;)

I will make a Flak fix for this Mission but only lower Flak in the Target area, the other Flak areas you can make "Flak dance" this is a great help and stay in close formation.

What is Flak dance" in german "Flaktanz" 

Don't fly alone, make the Autolevel off, fly up/down 500m, fly left/right 500m so the Flak can`t follow you.

And note the most airkills in ww2 have the Flak units, there is a very dangerous weapon.

Hi Veteran,

Please don't take my pictues as an idication of tood difficult, I just thought they were nice pics and wated to share.

Regarding the wingmen, they were behind all the time and flew significantly lower than me for a while too. I'm not sure if that can be scripted or if it depends on the game's original AI to work.

Awesome missions, I cant wait to see more!

Is there going to be KG27/1 skins?

and how do I get the automatic steer on way path?

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

Is there going to be KG27/1 skins?

and how do I get the automatic steer on way path?

Skins is not my work, maybe we find  one who will make it :)

"automatic steer on way path" you mean waypoints for AI Pilot?

In Veteran Missions you have no Waypoints for AI Pilots, you must fly and navigate ;)

Make Autolevel on so your Airplane fly allone your course.

Skins is not my work, maybe we find  one who will make it :)

"automatic steer on way path" you mean waypoints for AI Pilot?

In Veteran Missions you have no Waypoints for AI Pilots, you must fly and navigate ;)

Make Autolevel on so your Airplane fly allone your course.

ok was just wondering the other post in the thread we are working in...

also the wind keeps blowing me off course. when I do use the auto leveler.

ok was just wondering the other post in the thread we are working in...

also the wind keeps blowing me off course. when I do use the auto leveler.

Yes, the wind pushes me to the West, so I have to keep re-steering the autopilot (autoleveller) to the right as I get closer.

I must say, I'm very impressed by the AFN-2 homing device and the fact that it's functional in the game (in the mission, it's activated on the homeward leg). It's really rather cool! Thanks Veteran66!

ADN2_zpsqnvji6tn.jpg

Edited by No601_Swallow
  • Upvote 1

LOL, I missing the AFN-2, look only at  Peilgerät needle.

Mastif

Turn of this "HUD compass" - this thing only teach you bad habits. :dry:

The text bellow is a bit of spoiler for ones who have not flown this mission.

After the takeoff the mission first leg on HDG 69º need be flying in manual (pilot) mode - since the fake Kurssteureung implemented in He 111 dont allow trim to climbing holding the heading.

But after reach the 3000 meters you can fly using the "AI autopilot for level flight", just put the plane in the correct heading and engage. Turn off to make the "Flaktanz" . Turn on for the bombing run.

When you reach the the waypoint #4 the "navigator" contact the base to turn on the Beacon signal, so in the final descent leg, maintain the AFN-2 needle centered, and when you overfly the home base the light bellow the needle will blink. Do the landing as usual.

This is obligatory? Not, but (for us) add "immersion".  :biggrin: 

• Upvote 1

I just tried the mission, as i didn’t have time earlier.

I usually fly in MP in HE111 with squad mates.

The immersion is really impressive quite close to what were trying to do in MP. I messed up the target a little (100m too much on the left) but I guess its because i didn’t calculate the wind properly. Ended up on one engine because of flak on the target but that’s quite normal when flying level in visor mode.

Really liked it, when is then next one if i may ask ? :cool:

Thanks for getting an update/fix out so soon, but I'm having trouble getting to your v.1.009 fix update at the link you provided - keep getting message about the game not being available in my country (US) for some reason.

(Downloaded OK for me, but I'm in Austria, so...) But thanks V66 for the "customer support"! Better than Microsoft!  ;)

Finished the mission succesful yesterday. I was very happy to see, that your wingmen are now dropping the bombs together with you. :)

Hello , I have just downloaded the Chir Front KG27 mission but its nor loading ?     The message is unable to load :

luascripts\worldobjects\mapemitters\test\041.tx   

Could anyone advise what I need to do ?

Appreciatte any help with this one !

Thanks

Hello , I have just downloaded the Chir Front KG27 mission but its nor loading ?     The message is unable to load :

luascripts\worldobjects\mapemitters\test\041.tx   

Could anyone advise what I need to do ?

Appreciatte any help with this one !

Thanks

look here:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13912-veteranenmissions/page-3?do=findComment&comment=236457

my Missions need the 1.009 fix

Thanks I have downloaded V3 and I still have the Cant load object message :

??? Would anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks