The download link in the first post doesn't work for me:

"This webpage is not available"
Edited by ST_ami7b5

Here some screens from the KG27_1 Mission

1.) Start at Morozovskiy

2.) Flak dance over Surovikino (lost 2 He111)

3.) Target in sight

4.) Bombs away

5.) Fuck no Target destroyed

To bad the KI He111 will not make "Formations bombing"  i hope the Devs will fix this bug

post-126-0-94310400-1423384734_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-21943200-1423384743_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-18882400-1423384750_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-36597600-1423384758_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-69732700-1423384766_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-80776600-1423384777_thumb.jpg

Edited by Veteran66
  • Upvote 2

Very much looking forward to this! Again, the ground objects at the airfield look very impressive. A huge attention to detail.

When the mission editor is released (and we are all old men!  :P ), I'll try to unpack some of your missions, Veteran, and try to learn how they work. Do you use much scripting?

Looking good, lots of details on the airfield. Although, may I suggest replacing KG 27 with KG 55? KG 27 did not operate from Morosovskaya, but KG 55 did.

Looking good, lots of details on the airfield. Although, may I suggest replacing KG 27 with KG 55? KG 27 did not operate from Morosovskaya, but KG 55 did.

The new "Frontflugplatz" after Kalatsch was Morosovskaya (Morozovskiy)  where was the KG55 Oberst Kühl the Kommodore.
The 5./KG27 fly at 28.11.42 Combat Missions see Book "Ludwig Havighorst". 
At 29.Nov. the 5./KG27 fly support Missions from Millerowo to Pitomnik.

So i kow the Airfield Morosovskaya was a "Frontflugplatz" for Combat Missions and we have it on the BoS Map.
The 5./KG27 fly Combat Missions at 28.11.42 to Targets i have it on the BoS Map and the Targets are historic the Airfield is maybe historic. ;)

you have better Infos let me know for the next Missions i will make :)

Thank you for your hard work Veteran.  I've really enjoyed the Char front missions.  Nice to have something worth reflying! :salute:

The new "Frontflugplatz" after Kalatsch was Morosovskaya (Morozovskiy)  where was the KG55 Oberst Kühl the Kommodore.

The 5./KG27 fly at 28.11.42 Combat Missions see Book "Ludwig Havighorst". 
At 29.Nov. the 5./KG27 fly support Missions from Millerowo to Pitomnik.

Something is off here, a He 111 bomber unit would not operate from Kalatsch so close to the front line (that airfield on BoS map is fictional btw). My info tells me that the entire II./KG 27 was at Millerowo at that time. However, this was also the time when Germans were organizing the initial stages of the air lift - I wouldn't be surprised if individual staffeln were shifted around or operated from multiple bases at the same time.

Anyway, don't hesitate to contact me if you ever need some info on units/bases/strengths related to the Stalingrad battle   ;)

Edited by Sim

Something is off here, a He 111 bomber unit would not operate from Kalatsch so close to the front line (that airfield on BoS map is fictional btw). My info tells me that the entire II./KG 27 was at Millerowo at that time. However, this was also the time when Germans were organizing the initial stages of the air lift - I wouldn't be surprised if individual staffeln were shifted around or operated from multiple bases at the same time.

Anyway, don't hesitate to contact me if you ever need some info on units/bases/strengths related to the Stalingrad battle   ;)

Not Kalatsch self "Großraum Kalatsch" Frontflugplätze (Absprunghafen) this Airfields have only small Airplane supports.

You have infos from the 5./KG27 not all Bomber units make Stalingrad supports all Days.

Fact is the combat Missions at 28.11.42 from Ludwig Havighorst with the 5./KG27.

What Books you have?

My Infos for the KG27 is from:

Ludwig Havighorst: Als Kampfflieger und Fallschirmjäger an den Brennpunkten der Front

Chronik Kampfgeschwader Nr27 Boelcke Teil3

I understood there were two airfields at Kalach used by Luftwaffe, Tusow and Frolow

Cheers Dakpilot

I understood there were two airfields at Kalach used by Luftwaffe, Tusow and Frolow

Cheers Dakpilot

These are just examples of front airfields (in german: Front Flugplatz or Absprunghafen)

Do not download this campaign right now!!!!

[Edited] I guess I'd have to reinstall it all...

Your missions are good Veteran, but if your ears whistle I hope you understand... Next time don't post the missions, or ask before where to upload them!

Edited by Bearcat

Your missions are good Veteran, but if your ears whistle I hope you understand... Next time don't post the missions, or ask before where to upload them!

It's not Veteran's fault that you clicked on a link full of adware.

I had absolutely no problem when I clicked the right download button.

aezLk95.png

Edited by Bearcat

There was a warning I saw with the left and right links, but that one in the middle seemed OK.

My antivirus (Panda 2015) havent found anything in the downloaded file... 

Edit:

@ Falke: that is the middle one I mentioned...

Edited by ST_ami7b5

it allowed only 100MB i need 160MB

i can not spend money for a own server, i need the web share for publish my missions.

push the right button ;)

Edited by Bearcat

Believe me or not, the button circled above is not available here.

Ok so why can't the developers make missions like these ?

I didn't try this new version of the Vet work, but yes, why not give what I was asking for here ? It got a large consensus though !

Thank you so much Veteran66 for sharing your nice work !

Link seems broken for newest version-can someone help?

Yup, I forgot to mention in my previous post.

it allowed only 100MB i need 160MB

Make two packages. ;)

Thanks Veteran66 it is much appreciated. The possibilty is endless. I may even switch to bombers. Great stuff. Am really forward to this. Hope that 1 day there will be a stuka version. With the unlocks today those 37mm have already started talking.

first Mission from the KG27

KG27_1_Download

Big thx for English translation:

Ralph (ram5672)

Special thanks to:
1C777
Ralph (ram5672)
Thomas (I/JG11_Raven)
Alex (Black6)

Radio Voices:
Sven
Michl
Basitian (JG4_Kran)
Elias (JG4_Lebano)
Steffen (JG4_Bendwick)   
Christian I/JG27_Nemesis
Sebastian (Blooddawn1942)
Olaf (Veteran66)

Tester:
Sebastian (Blooddawn1942
JG2001_Eule

The Veteran-missions are working without waypoints. The player leads his swarm to the area of operation and back again.
The Intro video is in german only, i an sure you will understand it.  ;)

Known issues:
The AI-bombers won`t throw their bombs in "formation". 

After the surrounding of Stalingrad, on November, the 25th, the Airfleet 4 got the order to conduct the air supply of the 6th army.
GenLt. Fiebig was appointed to Lufttransportführer (leader of air transportation) Stalingrad.
At his command there were several combat groups for special use consisting of Ju52 and the combat squadrons 4, 27, 55 consisting of He111 and the combat squadrons 50 and 200 with "other types" of aircrafts.
The aircrew of the "Ludwig Havighorst" of the 5th/KG27, based at Millerowo, was taken out off the supply flights together with 5 other wingmen, on 11-28-42, to conduct important combat tasks in the hinterland of the front.
Edited by Veteran66
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the first KG-27 mission Veteran. The briefing animation is a really clever idea, I didn't know this is possible in BoS.

Mapping the Do Like Me key to the joystick somewhere near the trigger works well so you can easily activate it in the middle of the action without taking your eye off the screen and interrupting gameplay.

Excited to playing the bomber mission. Just insntalled it but dont have time tonight. Something to look forward for tomorrow :)

I had a great time playing chir front campaign and I'll enjoy it to the core once again. Thanks alot Veteran.

Mapping the Do Like Me key to the joystick somewhere near the trigger works well so you can easily activate it in the middle of the action without taking your eye off the screen and interrupting gameplay.

But flying bomber missions you have a lot of time available, risking take a nap.  :)

I play this KG 27 mission, only messages HUD on (needed for mission messages), and basically only pilot the plane in take off and 1st leg, to climb to 3k, the rest minus turns and heading corrections and landing was done be "Kurssteurung". Hit the target destroying a few tons of enemy supply.

kg27.jpg

Very nice details on this mission, like the mentioned (in the readme) navigator, the Morse Code and the radio call for the home base turn on the beacon on return leg.  :)

A good practice of VFR, IRF and "IRF"* flight.

Well done Veteran66.  :good:

The AI bombers lost two planes for FLAK, and as usual don't spend his bombs and landing "in formation" with me.  :lol:

"IFR" = I follow roads.  :P

Talking in roads, truck drivers continue cause havoc on the base.

Here is my first run not ideal but you can see how well it's working. Ill have a full successful mission up in a few days.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

nice fly :)

you read the readme?

BoS\data\Missions\VeteranenMissions readme

"The given flight path has to be observed. If your deviation is too big, you easily could become a prey for enemy fighters."

stay on course and you will have no contact with the enemy fighter ;)

so good navigation save live  :salute:

first Mission from the KG27   KG27_1_Download

This site says i" can't download in my country."..I can't dowmload in the USofA...seems a bit strange? :blink:  

I love the beginning in the Media one and I am

lucky that my Commander showed pictured when

he talked or I could of ended up flying to North Africa.

Mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut überhaupt.