NobbyNobbs

Map of Stalingrad in web-browser

Hi.
I'm ashamed to push it to public repository because code is terribly ugly and almost unreadable. 
I hope one day I'll be able to rewrite it from scratch and then to push it on github. But I don't know when, I have not any free time lately.

Ah I understand. I may take a crack at building something similar, since there are a few features I would love to see in a tool like this. I will let you know if I do!

• Upvote 1

Hey NobbyNobbs-

So I took a crack at it, you can find my effort at il2missionplanner.com. I'll post the Github when I open a first release thread if you want to contribute. Thanks for the inspiration!

I like it, looks nice. 

• Upvote 1

I always use this for navigation when flying.

Any chance of getting the moscow maps implemented?

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta
  • Upvote 1

I always use this for navigation when flying.

Any chance of getting the moscow maps implemented?

Sure, I will add Moscow map as soon as it will be possible.

For some reasons devs have encrypted all the data in the game's archives and now I cannot simply unpack it and use for tool as I did early.
I've wrote them message and asked to give me files. They answered that current version of map is not final and they will send me files when all editings will be finished.
So now I'm waiting when they'll send to me the map's images.
  • Upvote 1

Great work NobbyNobbs! And also thanks to Sokol1 for his tip to use it as an overlay in Steam. Hope the developers had thought of such a tool.

• Upvote 2

Thanks NobbyNobbs for adding the Moscow map to the offline version.

Can you please check the download link as it shows up as 'nothing found' at yandex for me.

• Upvote 1

Thanks NobbyNobbs for adding the Moscow map to the offline version.

Can you please check the download link as it shows up as 'nothing found' at yandex for me.

Not only for you. Something strange happened with service.

New link

https://yadi.sk/d/yKXnLTVRr8rqZ

And old link to full pack died too, so here is new (300+ MB, BOS, BOM, ROF, IL-2 CloD):

https://yadi.sk/d/ckl4jRF_r8rrv

Edited by NobbyNobbs

Hello ther Nooby Noobs, i was wondering if the downloadable version on the OP is updated?

when you zoom in the online version you can see the shapes of the airfields, but when you do so in the offline version the same is not true.

perhaps you can update the offline version please?  i want to use the files to print me a map with airfield shaps and headings :D

Thanks for the tool! :D

Hello guys.
I made a tool for watching and "editing" game map. It work like simple ruler (show distance, direction and approximate time of the path). Also user can mark some targets on the map.
I made this tool for PC web-browsers, but in reality it works on tablets too (with only one remark - for zooming should use buttons on map, not "pinch" gesture).
I hope it can be usefull for somebody.

Use online.

Save to disk: yandex, dropbox.

P.S. Sometimes painting tools not working in Chrome and helps nothing except restart browser. I don't know how to fix that. If I'll understand what a problem, i'll fix.

P.P.S.

online: http://il2map.info

download offline version: https://yadi.sk/d/ckl4jRF_r8rrv

Thank you. The off-line page does not seem to be working at present, but it's easier enough to view the maps and save them, if that is okay with you. Only for my own use, obviously and handy for my knee-pad map case. The RoF maps are great too, though I have RoF maps coming out of my proverbials.

Edited by Herodotus

Ok - this is awesome. I had no idea the community was doing stuff like this since I've never thought to even look for it.

Great job. Started using it today.

Guys, please, use missionplanner by curiousGamblerr.

I have no tiles for Kuban map and I do nothing for get them.

Actually I don't understand why somebody still using my tool, when much better alternative exists.

Actually I don't understand why somebody still using my tool, when much better alternative exists.

The inspiration was all from you Nobby! And yours has a few features mine doesn't, like entering wind and stuff afaik. In any case if you ever want the Kuban tiles I am happy to share them!

• Upvote 1

I think your tool is better. Especially if you use a 23 inch touchscreen. Your buttons are already bigger.

Can I convince you with a donation to continue the work?

Edited by StG2_Raven

if you ever want the Kuban tiles I am happy to share them!

@@19//curiousGamblerr, hello. Send me the link in PM please.

Can I convince you with a donation to continue the work?

Thanks, but I don't need donation. A have too much work on my job, so I just have no time for developing something else. I will add Kuban map when Gamblerr send me the tiles.

• Upvote 2

@@19//curiousGamblerr, hello. Send me the link in PM please.

Thanks, but I don't need donation. A have too much work on my job, so I just have no time for developing something else. I will add Kuban map when Gamblerr send me the tiles.

many thanks

Maybe I dont understand it really well , but it is possible to put it in games , play VR and then use it  ????

vh

Poul 

6 hours ago, Sire said:

Maybe I dont understand it really well , but it is possible to put it in games , play VR and then use it  ????

vh

Poul 

Yes - you can use an app called OVRdrop (and maybe some of the new Oculus capabilities I haven't messed with yet) to insert maps like this into your cockpit when flying in VR - check out this thread for details/discussion:  

• Thanks 1