Thanks for putting up the servers, but why do you kick players for idling when we are in fact not idle but preparing to taxi? Just cuz the plane is stationary for a certain amount of time?

It's a timer that is set by default. They just haven't bothered to turn it off. Simply move an inch and you'll be fine.

It's a timer that is set by default. They just haven't bothered to turn it off. Simply move an inch and you'll be fine.

• Thanks 1

I appreciate the efforts for this server.  Now that "net neutrality" has been done away with in the US I am not sure I will ever get onto a European server again.  (I can get to the Aussies OK, but there is a 13 hr time difference. . .)  Even if no one else is on, it is an opportunity to practice ground attack.  ("Quick Mission" is not much good for that.)  I would like to see more people up on it, but this is the land of the XBox and first-person-shooter so I am not optimistic.  Won't be flying these birds with the W-A-S-D keys anytime soon.

On 6/19/2018 at 7:08 PM, RainbowCorner3 said:

I appreciate the efforts for this server.  Now that "net neutrality" has been done away with in the US I am not sure I will ever get onto a European server again.  (I can get to the Aussies OK, but there is a 13 hr time difference. . .)  Even if no one else is on, it is an opportunity to practice ground attack.  ("Quick Mission" is not much good for that.)  I would like to see more people up on it, but this is the land of the XBox and first-person-shooter so I am not optimistic.  Won't be flying these birds with the W-A-S-D keys anytime soon.

I am unsure what net neutrality and you playing on european servers have to do with each other? Are you sure you know what net neutrality was?

Hey Guys,

I have a couple of questions for the mission makers for New Wings. I have one of your missions that my squad use for team practice its the wg-summer-trains mission and we love it, so thank you very much for this, but I have a couple of questions about the map.

1 How do we make active for both sides the rear bases. They are greyed out. 

2. When we attack the red train station that's showing on our side of the lines which is enemy its states that we attacked a friendly..not sure why?

Any help would be appreciated thanks again guys for all your hard work and if you can share any other missions that would be awesome mate!

3 hours ago, 325th_Bugsy said:

Hey Guys,

I have a couple of questions for the mission makers for New Wings. I have one of your missions that my squad use for team practice its the wg-summer-trains mission and we love it, so thank you very much for this, but I have a couple of questions about the map.

1 How do we make active for both sides the rear bases. They are greyed out. 

2. When we attack the red train station that's showing on our side of the lines which is enemy its states that we attacked a friendly..not sure why?

Any help would be appreciated thanks again guys for all your hard work and if you can share any other missions that would be awesome mate!

Re. question 2, there may be an object in the target area that is set to the wrong side or set to Neutral (the default) rather than to Allied or Axis. Neutral objects are considered friendly to players and enemy to AI.

Edited by JimTM

Ok I’ll look into this thank you, Now I just need question to answer and I should be good

Hi Bugsy,

The fellow who made those missions for us has moved on to other things a bit more than a year ago.  While I'm fairly familiar with the RoF mission editor, and alhough it's also the original starting point for the BoS editor, I must confess that I'm really not very knowledgeable about those BoS missions or the BoS editor, so I suspect that JimTM's advice, along with his excellent editor manual will likely be much more helpful to you than I can, currently.

Regarding your first question, and knowing how QuQi did things in our RoF missions, I'd suspect that the rear bases may be locked pending completion of some objective. If you look at those bases in the editor, and if there are different plane set indexes, then that is the issue, and you'd need to figure out which triggers flip the base state to the proper index (hope that makes sense to you - if not, look into "capture the flag" missions for better clarification). Finding those will either A> show you what task must be completed to open them, or B> tell you what triggers to remove to unlock them from the get-go.

Other than that speculation, I don't have any other advice on those missions as I've never flown them or looked at them in the editor -- sorry.

Going forward, when FC matures significantly, we'll be considering converting our server to FC missions (as none of us have any interest in the other BoS offerings), but that's likely to be somewhere down the road.

Regards,

4 ~S!~

18 hours ago, 325th_Bugsy said:

Ok I’ll look into this thank you, Now I just need question to answer and I should be good

Have a look at "Manage Airfield Availability" on pg. 131 of the editor manual. This may help you find the mission elements that are controlling the rear bases you mentioned.

Just a quick question, why isn't this server populated?  Is it because of the length of missions?  Or something else?  Its got the best ping (at least in NA) of all the servers listed. 

• Upvote 1