So I played your server for the first time last night since the Expert+ and TAW servers were down. First, I love the 30 ping! I do,have one suggestion though. I noticed that the only fighter on the Russian side was the LagG-3 which is nearly useless against any 109 variant. When I was in the lobby, there were 5 axis players and zero allied. I believe a major contributor is the lack of any real fighter. I'd recommend at least the La5 since it's not as capable as the Yak, but the Yak is more period correct. I hope this server gets more traffic, but to entice more players to go allied, it might be worth a look.

Thanks!

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but does the New Wings Il2 server have a Teamspeak or other dedicated voice-comms?

Thanks,

Yes - New Wings does have a teamspeak server that hosts channels for both RoF & BoS.  The address for it should be mentioned in the mission briefings and also in periodic subtitles that come up while missions are running.

But, for convenience, I'll also list it here:   70.42.74.44

So I played your server for the first time last night since the Expert+ and TAW servers were down. First, I love the 30 ping! I do,have one suggestion though. I noticed that the only fighter on the Russian side was the LagG-3 which is nearly useless against any 109 variant. When I was in the lobby, there were 5 axis players and zero allied. I believe a major contributor is the lack of any real fighter. I'd recommend at least the La5 since it's not as capable as the Yak, but the Yak is more period correct. I hope this server gets more traffic, but to entice more players to go allied, it might be worth a look.

Thanks!

I'm glad you're enjoying the server.  I'll pass your suggestion on to QuQi  -- he's the fellow who manages the IL2 / BoS side of the house.

Regards,

4 :salute:

Yes - New Wings does have a teamspeak server that hosts channels for both RoF & BoS.  The address for it should be mentioned in the mission briefings and also in periodic subtitles that come up while missions are running.

But, for convenience, I'll also list it here:   70.42.74.44

Awesome!  Thank you.  I'll have to play with it and see how it works.  I'm gonna try to get my son online this weekend and maybe he can ride shotgun with me in a Pe-2 or something :)

can I suggest dropping the 15sec delay when ending a flight? it takes long enough to start these planes...not sure why time is added...doesn't work same as rof.

No stats site for this one >(

can I suggest dropping the 15sec delay when ending a flight? it takes long enough to start these planes...not sure why time is added...doesn't work same as rof.

Stats are installed, but unfortunately, one of the recent patches causes the parser to error out when it starts.  I've mentioned it to QuQi, but he hasn't gotten it fixed as yet.

Surf, I'll also point him to this thread (and your suggestion). I'm not sure how often he checks the forum these days.

Update: Surf, I switched the timeout to 5 secs, like it is on RoF Wargrounds...  The Parser fix is up to QuQi though...  ;)  

Regards,

Edited by -NW-FourSpeed

Cant join server? Downloads mission files and then once complete boots me back to lobby??

Cant join server? Downloads mission files and then once complete boots me back to lobby??

Try cleaning out your multiplayer missions data folder.

Regards,

Edited by -NW-FourSpeed

Same issue for me. 

I don't seem to have a Multiplayer missions data folder to clean out.

I checked your server... It says I'm still in it flying. I am, and I can verify this as fact, not in your server. 

I think it is hung up, it looks like the player list here is from last night... http://il2.flying-barans.ru/

I checked your server... It says I'm still in it flying. I am, and I can verify this as fact, not in your server. 

Yep. It was indeed "hung" -- it looks like there was a recent update in the last little bit.   In any case, it's patched and restarted, so it should be ok now.  Lmk if you still have problems with it.

Same issue for me. 

I don't seem to have a Multiplayer missions data folder to clean out.

You should. That's where MP missions get downloaded into when you join a multiplayer server.   Typically, it's in:   Your Main BoS folder  -->  data --> Multiplayer -- Dogfight

It is occasionally helpful to clear those old missions out, periodically.   In this case, however, it looks like it was probably an issue with the DServer program being hung up...

Regards,

:salute:

Edited by -NW-FourSpeed

nice servers, the AKA enjoy your server.. a suggestion. maybe make some airfields that have directions on which runways are for takeoff and landing, directions... otherwise... lots of fun...

Tried out the server today and it looks great, but I'm curious as to how you open up the two empty airfields. I see there are Ju-52s available - are they used to open them up and if so, what config and how many runs does it take?

I jumped in yesterday for the first time. Iam from germany but ping was quite okay for that. So this is really an alternative when i want to play with gps.

Thumbs up.

I have never been able to join this server, it always goes to a loading screen then boots me out back to the main menu.

I've had this issue before with other servers but have been able to join them, but never on this one.

Tried about ten times yesterday (Sunday) evening, GMT 2000 before giving up. And again tonight, I've been bounced out about six times and can't be bothered trying if it won't let me in.

Ping is 83 and only 25/84 players in the server so that's not the issue.

Very frustrating. And a shame as I've enjoyed the New Wings servers on RoF, back in the day.

Anyone know why this is? I've cleared the 'multiplayer' folder as mentioned above, is this a known issue or is it just me?

I'm having this issue as well. I connect to your server and get booted to menu every time, recently. I've connected to your server in the past without issue. I tried deleting the folder you mentioned, I think it was the right one anyway. This had no effect on the issue. I connected to another server, Berloga, and had no issue there. Hope this helps you isolate and solve the problem.

Tried out the server today and it looks great, but I'm curious as to how you open up the two empty airfields. I see there are Ju-52s available - are they used to open them up and if so, what config and how many runs does it take?

I'd presume it involves flying a transport over to the field you want to capture and landing on it. The details should be in the mission briefing.

I have never been able to join this server, it always goes to a loading screen then boots me out back to the main menu.

I've had this issue before with other servers but have been able to join them, but never on this one.

Tried about ten times yesterday (Sunday) evening, GMT 2000 before giving up. And again tonight, I've been bounced out about six times and can't be bothered trying if it won't let me in.

Ping is 83 and only 25/84 players in the server so that's not the issue.

Very frustrating. And a shame as I've enjoyed the New Wings servers on RoF, back in the day.

Anyone know why this is? I've cleared the 'multiplayer' folder as mentioned above, is this a known issue or is it just me?

I have the same issue on wings of liberty. But i don't have a fix for that. Would be great if anyone has an idea.

I'm having this issue as well. I connect to your server and get booted to menu every time, recently. I've connected to your server in the past without issue. I tried deleting the folder you mentioned, I think it was the right one anyway. This had no effect on the issue. I connected to another server, Berloga, and had no issue there. Hope this helps you isolate and solve the problem.

Historically, (in RoF, at least) it seems to be due to corrupted files in the Multiplayer Missions directory.  Cleaning that out, usually solves the problem.  It sometimes happens when the server "hangs" but doesn't actually crash or produce an error message... In that case, we have to restart it.

Looking at the online list (here) it shows that there are currently a couple dozen people in the server right now, so:  either the problem is on your end (files download / connection issue of some sort),  OR,  the server is hung -- and the online page is lying.  I'll check the latter when I get home from work in about an hour or so.

stats program running for Wargrounds but it stalled out. http://70.42.74.44:8000/en/ last mission recorded august 1

Ok -- on that one, I'll have to pass it along to QuQi -- he's the guy who handles BoS. The stats parser is substantially different than the one for RoF so I'm not sure what's even involved in debugging that -- I've never even looked at it.

Regards,

4 <S!>

Edited by -NW-FourSpeed

There has been 25 people in that server for days... the same 25...?

I think the server has crashed. 25 people but they never changes and I get kicked from the server into the menu everytime I tried to rejoin New Wings server.

Yep, I usually don't have a problem joining NW.......... but I tried Sunday night and there were those 25 players, and again today with the same 25 players and I get booted back to menu........... it's really a shame, NW is pretty much the same server as Wings of Lib, but no loadout restrictions and a hell of a lot better ping (85) to me than WoL..................  The only other server I like right now is OKL vs AI.................... heck of a lot more intense than flying against breathers....................

Hope this gets fixed soon...............

Cheers

Hoss

Experiencing the same issue here, mission loads and then I get kicked back to the hangar screen.

Edited by Gramps

There has been 25 people in that server for days... the same 25...?

I think the server has crashed. 25 people but they never changes and I get kicked from the server into the menu everytime I tried to rejoin New Wings server.

Yep, I usually don't have a problem joining NW.......... but I tried Sunday night and there were those 25 players, and again today with the same 25 players and I get booted back to menu........... it's really a shame, NW is pretty much the same server as Wings of Lib, but no loadout restrictions and a hell of a lot better ping (85) to me than WoL..................  The only other server I like right now is OKL vs AI.................... heck of a lot more intense than flying against breathers....................

Hope this gets fixed soon...............

Cheers

Hoss

Experiencing the same issue here, mission loads and then I get kicked back to the hangar screen.

I appreciate you gents reporting it.  Frankly, I don't fly in BoS,X,Y,Z etc.  (absolutely no interest in the product).

Unfortunately, when the DServer process looks like it's using a typical amount of cpu & memory in taskmanager, and it shows up on the "online" screen, and it is not throwing any errors on the console screen, and I can login to it with RCon and get a playerlist, and a normal looking SPS report from it, it's a bit difficult to tell that it's dead, *unless* people mention it here (or the software starts putting out *useful* information for admins to gauge its health)  <shrug>

In any case, I've restarted the server, so hopefully, it's working fine now -- Please report back if you continue to have trouble with it.

Thanks & Regards,

4 <S!>

I can confirm that the server is up and running nicely !

:fly:

Unfortunately, when the DServer process looks like it's using a typical amount of cpu & memory in taskmanager, and it shows up on the "online" screen, and it is not throwing any errors on the console screen, and I can login to it with RCon and get a playerlist, and a normal looking SPS report from it, it's a bit difficult to tell that it's dead, *unless* people mention it here (or the software starts putting out *useful* information for admins to gauge its health)  <shrug>

Usually when the server is hung, it stops producing the mission logs, so that's one way to see if it's alive.

Great server guys, keep up the good work!

Here's two videos I made from missions on the server. Unfortunately, I incorrectly labeled the title screen of the Stuka video with 'Wings of Liberty'. I'll change it later...

Cheers!

• Upvote 2

Usually when the server is hung, it stops producing the mission logs, so that's one way to see if it's alive.

So does that mean some sort of cron task could automatically watch a server and restart it if it hangs?

So does that mean some sort of cron task could automatically watch a server and restart it if it hangs?

Perhaps. I'm not familiar enough with Windows tasks to know if a program can be forcefully terminated via some cron-like task, but I guess it should be doable.

Has the Basic Training server been taken down permanently or is it just MIA?

Hi Thrudd,

My partner QuQi has been responsible for running the BoS side of things for New Wings (I handle RoF). I'm aware that our Basic Training server (BoS) hasn't run in quite awhile although our Wargrounds server is active on an ongoing basis.

I don't know if the Training server is a permanent thing or if there simply wasn't any perceived interest in having that server active. I would imagine, if there's sufficient interest, that it could be started again, but I'd have to chat with him about it to see if there are any other reasons (I'm not aware of) for it not running anymore.

Regards,

4 ~S!~

When is NW server most active? Because i dont see many players on the server? Sometimes server is empty.

I ask because NW is my favorite server in RoF. I both BoS recently and i was hoping to fly on NW.

When is NW server most active? Because i dont see many players on the server? Sometimes server is empty.

I ask because NW is my favorite server in RoF. I both BoS recently and i was hoping to fly on NW.

Unfortunately, that is all too often the case...  Interestingly, for all the various posts lamenting the seeming unavailability of a North American server, pilots either are unaware that ours is in USA, and has been from (almost) the very beginning of BoS, or still prefer the European / Russian servers, despite having one available in North America. <shrug>

Perhaps the best way to change that is to take the plunge and fly around in it for awhile -- Typically, pilots will join a server if they see other people on it. MP pilots will usually go where the people currently are, but someone always has to be the first guy in...   ;)

Regards,

Edited by -NW-FourSpeed
  • Upvote 2

unfortunately, server seems to be down again.

I've restarted it.

For some reason(s), unlike our RoF servers, this one just gets "stuck" and hangs periodically, without any sort of obvious or easy indicator that it's FUBAR.   :(  :angry:  So far, the only way I've been able to realize it is if I see the same list of names in there over an extended period (I typically check it twice a day) -- I haven't had the time as yet to try and dig a little deeper and figure out what the underlying cause is, although I'm wondering if it's something acting up within one of the missions on that server (when it hangs up, it's the only issue -- TS, our Rof servers, etc. are just fine, so it's specific to that game server only).

In any case, I'll try to look in on it a bit more often. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

thank you. i was on today and had a grand time. did not see anyone else, however. but the server worked great.

I just want to thank you for adding another liberry server. I like Liberty the most and it was frustrating to try join a full server. Great job :)

I just want to thank you for adding another liberry server. I like Liberty the most and it was frustrating to try join a full server. Great job :)

Dude, this is the New Wings server thread. Lol