Sign in to follow this  
TX-Zigrat

If you haven't tried Rise of Flight ... (Giveaway!)

If you haven't, you should, it's also made by 777 and is a great game, especially since they appear re-committed to fixing some longstanding issues with the flight modelling. Anyways, at one time I was not very interested in WW1 aviation but after playing both ROF and BOS I can honestly tell you that everyone should give ww1 a try, its a really fun experience.

Sooo.. in appreciation of the game, to celebrate the new year, and get some new players to try the game I would like to give away 4 airplanes to the first four people who respond and are NOT actively flying ROF. (your choice, either SE5a, Nieuport 28, or Fokker D7f) . Just PM me with your choice and the name of your ROF account (you will have to sign up at riseofflight.com if you haven't already)

Maybe some other ROF fans will also join in on the holiday good cheer and add to the giveaways :)

• Upvote 5

I love the game, and about the only thing that I do not like is having to hold my stick 3/4 of the way forward and half speed to achieve level flight. The elevators are always at about a 30 degree angle on most planes. I appreciate the offer as well, but please don't include me in on the giveaway. I have about 90% of the planes already.

Well done!

Edited by Oktusha

I love the game, and about the only thing that I do not like is having to hold my stick 3/4 of the way forward and half speed to achieve level flight. The elevators are always at about a 30 degree angle on most planes.

Fwiw, you can adjust much of this out of the planes in the controller  menu, under curves and responses.

Just slide the whole curve down some to lower the elevator.

You can do it by individual plane, or make it global for all planes.

What Don said. I like to adjust each plane and not a global setting for all. They do handle different from plane to plane. The 20th is most active in Wargrounds we do jump on the Syn server sometimes too. I got the game a few years back because other squad mates had it, not a big WW1 fan at the time but I got it. Then I got hooked and bought everything but the kitchen sink. Over a 3 year period that is.

Good post maybe some will give it a try even if they are not into WW1.

I had adjusted the curves and values before but it's been a while since I tried it last.

I have to say though, 777 did one heck of a job on that sim. I don't think I have ever had sim that truly gave me a sense of flying without actually going flying before their sims. The others were good in their own rights, but not the same.

Edited by Oktusha

If you haven't, you should, it's also made by 777 and is a great game, especially since they appear re-committed to fixing some longstanding issues with the flight modelling. Anyways, at one time I was not very interested in WW1 aviation but after playing both ROF and BOS I can honestly tell you that everyone should give ww1 a try, its a really fun experience.

Sooo.. in appreciation of the game, to celebrate the new year, and get some new players to try the game I would like to give away 4 airplanes to the first four people who respond and are NOT actively flying ROF. (your choice, either SE5a, Nieuport 28, or Fokker D7f) . Just PM me with your choice and the name of your ROF account (you will have to sign up at riseofflight.com if you haven't already)

Maybe some other ROF fans will also join in on the holiday good cheer and add to the giveaways :)

funny, i just downloaded RoF (before reading your post), because...well just. I thought finally i have to try WW1, even if i am not interested at all in the first great air war (so far). And what do i see, after flying two random fights against AI?! That is goddamn 1000 times more fun then i would have ever imagined...sooo intense. Now i just can't believe, that i have never tried it before..would love to get a plane mate, would like any :) don't know them anyway so far ;) but i think the SE5a is the prettiest :)

ROF is a really fun game :) I love flying 2 seater planes with a buddy as gunner. So intense :D

And all the planes you can chose from is amazing. I recommend it to everyone. Especially when theres a sale atm! :)

I enjoy BoS, but whenever I come back to the RoF sky, and sit in one of that early planes, I feel back "at home".

It really gives the feeling of the "Rise of Flight" :)