BlackHellHound1

BlackHellHound1's Skin Museum

Thanks, guys! I really appreciate your support :D

I have completed my 4K template. You guys can now use it to create your own masterpieces with it!

You can read my entire list of changes in the big post above.

You can download the template here.

I am looking forward to seeing your awesome skins with this template!

I am going to adjust the template for the F-2 and after that, I will update some of my skins to 4K.

Not sure how long it will take before I can start on converting it for the G-2 but it will happen!

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

ggRgMvW.jpg

WHVb1js.jpg

Edited by BlackHellHound1
  • Upvote 2

Hello there fellow pilots,

I have finished my conversion to make my 4K template work on the F-2. 

Since the majority of the plane is the same, there are not many structural changes. 

I wanted to make sure that the F-4 and F-2 planes would not look the same so I also made changes to the camouflage pattern and weathering.

I also decided to give the early and late variant a different camouflage based on the issued RLM colour combinations.

Special thanks to the Hydra squadron for helping me with finding the info on the camouflages.

As usual, the skins come both with and without Hakenkreuz.

You can download the skins via this link.

Or you can download my entire skins pack via this link.

BlackHellHound1

eUYi1m2.jpg

• Upvote 2

sorry but whats in the skin pack versus the other..

F2, F4, only?

The Skin pack contains all my skins up to this point. Including my new 4K skins. A single download to get all my skins at once

The other link downloads only the new 4K Bf 109F-2 skins.

BlackHellHound1

4K template and skins update! 

Hello there fellow pilots and skinners.

As was pointed out by Pierre64, 2 of the decals on my Bf 109F's were accidently switched around. I have fixed them so they are now in the correct position.

You can download the updated skins via the original links. I have provided them below as well.

4K Bf 109F-4 Default skins:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s3hyz5xztjekq9h/4K_Bf_109F-4_Default_Skins.zip

2K Bf 109F-2 Default skins:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ig43ljbau7vvijr/4K_Bf_109F-2_Default_Skins.zip

I have also updated my complete skin pack.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m6remr61e0385fy/Complete_skin_pack.zip

I will post the updated Bf 109F-4 Template update in the 4K Bf 109 F-4 Template Download topic.

You will also be able to find these skins in my Bf-109F-2 and F-4 4K Template topic.

BlackHellHound1

• Upvote 2

When dropped into the proper skin folder to these automatically become the default skins or must I do something more? :salute:

When dropped into the proper skin folder to these automatically become the default skins or must I do something more? :salute:

It is not possible to replace any of the default skins.

Once these skins are placed in the correct skin folder they will appear in the Custom Skins section in the customization menu of your plane.

They are called default since they have standard factory camouflages without markings.

BlackHellHound1

After about a month of work, I finished my Normal Map for my 4K Bf 109F-4 Template and skins.

I have completely rebuild the normal map. Here is a list of everything I have rebuild from the ground up:

• Completely new panel line effects 
  • Various different types of overlapping panel effects
  • Bend metal plate effects
  • Slightly misaligned panels
  • Access hatches effects
  • Metal warping caused by heat, twisting and compression (heavier around the engine, wing roots, gear covers and more)
  • Rivet effects (different intensities in certain areas)
  • Large rivet effects
  • Small screw effects
  • Large screw effects
  • Fabric effects on ailerons, elevator and rudder
  • Frame effects under the fabric on the ailerons, elevator and rudder.
  • Radiators
  • Wheel hubs and wheels
  • Welds
  • Several other small effects

These effects are combined to recreate all the different effects that make up the construction of the Bf 109F-4.

Many of these effects are completely new and not present in the original normal map. 

Warning: This 4K Normal Map differs greatly from the original normal map and skins. This means that this normal map will only work with skins which are made with my 4K Bf 109F-4 Template! 

Therefore, I advise you only use skins made with my 4K Bf 109F-4 Template when you install this normal map.

Here is the download link to my 4K Bf 109F-4 Normal Map.

Read the READ FIRST file for installation instructions!

I will add a link to this normal map download to all my 4K skins from now on. 

Special message to skinners: With these new effects it is no longer needed to have the fabric effects on the skin itself. (It looks quite ugly, in my opinion) I, therefore, advise all skinners that have my 4k Bf109F-4 Template to remove the folder called "Fabric Effects" which can be found in "4K Advanced Detail\4K Structural effects". I have already removed it in the template download.

You can find more images showing the effects of the normal map here. (I have also included some images with the old normal map)

R3qjX0s.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have adopted the F-4 normal map for the F-2. I made a few minor changes but not too many since the 2 planes are nearly identical. 

I have completely rebuild the normal map. You can see all changes in my F-4 Normal Map post.

Warning: This 4K Normal Map differs greatly from the original normal map and skins. This means that this normal map will only work with skins which are made with my 4K Bf 109F-2 Template! 

Therefore, I advise you only use skins made with my 4K Bf 109F-2 Template when you install this normal map.

Here is the download link to my 4K Bf 109F-2 Normal Map.

Read the READ FIRST file for installation instructions!

I will add a link to this normal map download to all my 4K skins from now on. 

Special message to skinners: With these new effects it is no longer needed to have the fabric effects on the skin itself. (It looks quite ugly, in my opinion) I, therefore, advise all skinners that have my 4k Bf109F-4 Template to remove the folder called "Fabric Effects" which can be found in "4K Advanced Detail\4K Structural effects". I have already removed it in the template download.

4K Bf 109F-4 "Black 1 + ~" Flown by Ace Max-Hellmuth Ostermann, May 1942

Max-Hellmuth Ostermann was part of 8./JG54. He scored a total of 102 confirmed victories of which 8 are over the western front. 

He received the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves for 62 victories and later received the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords for 100 victories.

Max-Hellmuth was shot down on the 9th of august 1942 during an attack on Russian P-40's when a Lagg-3 surprised him from above. 

This skin is Historically accurate.

This skin is made with my own 4K Bf 109F-4 Template. 

This is not a scaled up version of my old 2k Max-Hellmuth Ostermann skin but instead a complete remake with lots of different techniques and effects.

You can download the skin here:

Or you can download my entire collection at once with my Complete Skin Pack (This pack includes both 2K and 4K skins!):

Note: This skin is made with my 4K template which is quite different from the original template. I, therefore, advise you use this skin together with my 4k Bf 109F-4 Normal Map.

You can find the Normal Map here (installation instructions inside): 

RtnAA4Z.jpg

• Upvote 1

Amazing camos and templates BlackHellHound1! Thank you so much dude. It's so great that others are using your templates too.

! SKIN DOWNLOAD UPDATE !

I have changed a few thing in how I share 4K Skins and my Complete Skin Pack with Normal Maps.

The changes make it a bit easier for you guys to install everything without complicated steps or multiple downloads.

I have made no changes to the skins so if you already have my skins and normal maps then there is nothing to worry about. 

For those that don't have my complete collection yet but would like to have it: 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m6remr61e0385fy/Complete_skin_pack.zip

Installation guides are inside the .Zip file. 

BlackHellHound1

• Upvote 1

Thank you very much for this, much appreciated.  :salute:

I have been working on improving my museum. I tried to turn it into a "real" museum by collecting the different planes in "rooms". I tried to present them as if you were taking a tour through the museum.

I haven't completely finished the tour but it is nearing completion. Not sure yet what I will do with the other skin posts. I might remove them entirely or add links to the new museum "rooms".

Future skins will be added to the museum in a way that will keep the "rooms" organised.

I have, in the meantime, been working on my next few 4K Bf 109 F-4 skins and they are coming along nicely. Here is a little preview. I do not yet know when they will be released. 

Close inspection of my source material showed me some things I missed in my 2K version of these planes. I have added these in the new 4K version.

Let me know what you think of the "renovated" museum.

BlackHellHound1

vreZSs3.jpg

• Upvote 1

Much better in my opinion.

I like the different colors for 2K or 4K.

Due to logistic reasons. This museum has been moved to a new location. 

The new location allows for a more organised and spacious museum.

The new museum has also received 4 new 4K additions to celebrate the move.

Come over and have a look into the future of the museum!

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28697-blackhellhound1s-skin-museum-20/

BlackHellHound1

Before you leave, here is a little preview of the new 4K additions to the new museum.

YjF1XQW.jpg