BlackHellHound1

BlackHellHound1's Skin Museum

!!! The Museum Is undergoing maintenance !!!

Thank you for your patience!

25MeDJF.jpg

Hello there fellow pilots,

This museum has been moved to a new location. You can find the new location right here.

Enjoy the new museum! 

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

Edited by BlackHellHound1
  • Upvote 5

You're off to a great start. That's a fantastic skin!

Can I request Armin Faber's Fw190-A3? There is a lot of source material out there. :)

You're off to a great start. That's a fantastic skin!

Can I request Armin Faber's Fw190-A3? There is a lot of source material out there. :)

That is one difficult paint scheme though. I'll have a go at it :)

BlackHellHound1

I have now added the version with Swastika. 

Future skins will always have both versions so you can chose which one you want. 

BlackHellHound1

Great

I have read the book. Nice to have the skin of the Oberpfaelzer born Stigler. He was born between Regensburg and Nürnberg

First nice skin!

But "The skin was used by a pilot in WWII."

What do you mean with this? do it have to be a "Experten"?,  no offence but i think we need more standard skins, you know airplanes with unknown pilots.

It is a immersion thing, i don't want to fly around in Hartmann's  plane, i am just a regular guy/pilot :)

Anyway cheers mate, and happy new year!

• Like 1

I can suggest you create standardized skins then... if that is what you prefer?

It is nice to let the other man paint the plane he wants, not tell him what he should maybe possibly do because other people need that.

Everyone can paint, everyone is free to paint, the tools are free and widely available.

You can paint, You are free to paint what you want, and the tools are available to you without buying any programs.

The planes in here are  hellhound's choice, hm :)

you can open your own virtual Museum ;)
all free.

First nice skin!

But "The skin was used by a pilot in WWII."

What do you mean with this? do it have to be a "Experten"?,  no offence but i think we need more standard skins, you know airplanes with unknown pilots.

It is a immersion thing, i don't want to fly around in Hartmann's  plane, i am just a regular guy/pilot :)

Anyway cheers mate, and happy new year!

I can suggest you create standardized skins then... if that is what you prefer?

It is nice to let the other man paint the plane he wants, not tell him what he should maybe possibly do because other people need that.

Everyone can paint, everyone is free to paint, the tools are free and widely available.

You can paint, You are free to paint what you want, and the tools are available to you without buying any programs.

The planes in here are  hellhound's choice, hm  :)

you can open your own virtual Museum  ;)

all free.

Heey DarkP and Yakdriver, 

First of all, Thanks for you comment. 

Now let me explain why and how I make my skins...

I don't just make skins because I like it! I make them to horror the pilots of WW2 (and no, I do not care what side they where on). I also make the skins so the pilots of WW2 will not be forgotten. 

Therefore I have decided to only make specific skins used in WW2. (it does not matter if the pilot is known as long as there is evidence the plane was used in WW2 and it follows the other rules as in post 1)

The skins I make are as accurate as possible. I pay attention to the correct colours, shapes and decals. With all little details the original skin has (even the smallest and almost unimportant details are added). When making the skin I usually spend about a quarter of my time doing research, a quarter of my time making the skin and half of my time making corrections.

As a result of all this my skins are one of a kind. 

If you can find a skin with an unknown pilot but still follows the 4 rules as in post 1, I will happily make it.

If the skin you want does not follow these rules: Sorry, but you got to ask someone else. 

BlackHellHound1

Edited by =[Coffin]=BlackHellHound1

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! You absolutely nailed it!

Wonderful contribution sir,thank you..

Thank you for the complement, have fun with all the skins :D

BlackHellHound1

Nice skin BHH.

I like your Hans Philipp s work!

Keep em coming great work

Nice skin BHH.

I like your Hans Philipp s work!

Keep em coming great work

Thanks a lot. 

I will most definitely keep the great work :)

BlackHellHound1

Mmh, i am speechless, because of another beauty.

I mean fantastic. Another great art!

Thanks alot!

Mmh, i am speechless, because of another beauty.

I mean fantastic. Another great art!

Thanks alot!

Thank you. I appreciate you saying this  :biggrin:

Enjoy this skin. 

BlackHellHound1

Bf-109F-2 "Black Chevron and Triangle" Flown by ace Hauptmann Hans von Hahn, July 1941

He is credited with 31 confirmed aerial victories. 19 on the Eastern Front, and 12 over the Western Front.

He was Gruppenkommandeur 1, part of JG 3.

Hans von Hahn received the "Knights Cross of the Iron Cross" for his successful military leadership and battlefield bravery.

This skin is Historically accurate. (I know it is an F-2 and not an F-4 but I decided to make it anyway since there is no visible difference between the planes)

This skin was made with the .PSD files provided by 777 studios and 1C game studios.

Nice skin but emblem is bleu.

http://www.markstyling.com/bf109fs/Bf.109.Fcu.31z.jpg

I tried to find one with red emblem and i didn't find it.

It seem mark on rudder innacurate

http://www.markstyling.com/bf109fs/Bf.109.Fcu.32z.jpg

Anyway looks good but not full historical.

Normally this version don't have circle, rudder is yellow and yellow on nose is closer to the dragon emblem ;)

Nice skin but emblem is bleu.

http://www.markstyling.com/bf109fs/Bf.109.Fcu.31z.jpg

I tried to find one with red emblem and i didn't find it.

It seem mark on rudder innacurate

http://www.markstyling.com/bf109fs/Bf.109.Fcu.32z.jpg

Anyway looks good but not full historical.

Normally this version don't have circle, rudder is yellow and yellow on nose is closer to the dragon emblem ;)

Heey OD971,

I totally understand why you mention these points. there are a lot of pictures on the internet that will support your claims. 

However, all of this is WRONG. 

First of all you need to know something about the images you send. the site they came from is a good place for inspiration but is in NO WAY ACCURATE. I have found plenty of skins with incorrect markings on that site. I advise never to use this site as an accurate source of information.

http://www.markstyling.com/bf109fs4.htm

Let me explain why your claims are wrong but first you must know some things about how I work. 

More then half of my time when making the skin is used for research!

When choosing a skin I never look for a skin that looks good or was flown my an ace / famous pilot. I always look for skins that have a lot of pictures taken in WW2. 

When making the skin I have a very clear rule: "if there are a million pictures showing a specific feature (for instance a yellow rudder) but I can find 1 picture taken in WW2 (and I am sure it is the same plane) showing no such thing, then I will always use the WW2 picture over the other pictures". 

I always distrust modern pictures, illustrations and images. I trust WW2 pictures

Lets take a look at the points you addressed:

These are the pictures I used. (I did not use the recoloured picture

This is a picture of left side of Hans von Hahn's plane (he is in it) . You can clearly see it is his plane because of the markings and distinctive circles on the fuselage. 

Hahn.jpg

The same image recoloured. (I didn't use this one for the skin but makes great material to explain most of the points). You can use this image to compare the parts yourself. 

8083055352_b63e159d8f_b.jpg

Here is a picture of the same side bur from the front. (don't mind the red, it is not important)

abbddb259f50.jpg

This is Hans von Hahn's rudder as he is showing off his victories. 

hahnvon.jpg

The other side of the plane. it is still being painted and assembled in this image. 

HahnFreidrich.jpg

same moment as the image above. just a different angle.

Hahn.jpg

The emblem:

First of all. the picture you send is the only one on the web showing the emblem in blue.

Secondly, if you take a look at the image above (first black and white image) you will see that the roosters mowhak (red) and the area around the rooster are the same colour. If the area around the rooster was different (for instance: blue), the colour would also be different. 

https://www.google.nl/search?q=hans+von+hahn+Bf-109F-2&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=955&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=KZSuVInDIcHkUoPCg4AG&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

you can see plenty of pictures on the web showing the red emblem.

The circles:

they are there... (it is what makes this plane one of a kind).

The yellow nose: (look at both black and white images)

Once again: if the colours are different then you can see this in the colours . In this case you can see it by comparing the colour inside and between of the rings and compare it to the colour on the nose (for instance just above the "Tatzelwurm" (the snakelike creature)). If you compare these you will see they are the same colour.

ALSO if you compare the same light grey areas with the yellow part on the underside of the plane you can see there is a big difference. (don't be mislead by the shaddows!!!) .

The yellow on the rudder

When you compare the colours of the rudder with the vertical stabilizer it becomes ,once again, clear that the colours are the same. Indicating the vertical stabilizer and the rudder are the same colour.

The Victory marks on the rudder:

as you can clearly see the victory marks are not like shown on your pictures. they are correct.

The claims you made where understandable since many pictures on the internet show the plane that way. 

Unfortunately, all these pictures and images are wrong. 

I have (like always) made the skin with the help of pictures taken in WW2. If I find a picture that was not taken in WW2 I will always look at it with a lot of distrust or not use at all. 

I hope you now see why the skin is historically  accurate.

If you do find WW2 pictures showing there is something wrong with my skin: Please tell me. 

BlackHellHound1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ok sir .

good to clarify this ;)

Now i'm going to fly with this historical livery ;)

And thanks a lot to share it with us 

• Upvote 1

Hi BHH. Thanks for amazing Hahn skin. It is a favourite. Perhaps another to considerhttp://hsfeatures.com/features04/bf109g2trop32ir_1.htm not quite as colourfull as the Hahn skin but it has something perhaps it is the red....plus a great ace and can complement other desert/med skins and not way out of place in the current sim scenario. Thanks again.post-25547-0-05687200-1421181415_thumb.jpg

Bf-109F-2 "Black Double Chevrons and Bars" Flown by ace Oberst Werner Mölders

He was the leading ace in the Spanish Civil War and the first to claim 100 victories. He developed new fighter tactics like the "Finger-four" formation.

After his 101st kill he was promoted "Oberst" on 20 July 1941 effectively ending his career as a pilot.

Mölders was killed in an plane crash on route to Ernst Udets funeral. 

This skin is Historically accurate. (I know it is an F-2 and not an F-4 but I decided to make it anyway since there is no visible difference between the planes)

This skin was made with the .PSD files provided by 777 studios and 1C game studios.

6u1kxDs.jpg

This museum has been moved to a new location. You can find the new location right here.

Enjoy the new museum! 

BlackHellHound1

• Upvote 3

These keep getting better and better HellHound.  Nice work.

These keep getting better and better HellHound.  Nice work.

Thanks a lot Chunk. I appreciate it. 

I have noticed 2 minor mistakes in the skin though. I will change these when I have some time available.

BlackHellHound1

He was the leading ace in the Spanish Civil War and the first to claim 100 victories. He developed new fighter tactics like the "Finger-four" formation.

After his 101st kill he was promoted "Oberst" on 20 July 1941 effectively ending his career as a pilot.

Hi, The RLM is not correct .

It should be RLM 02/71.

Hi, The RLM is not correct .

It should be RLM 02/71.

When I was trying to find out what colours to use I found a lot of contradicting material. Some said RLM 74/75/76 and some said RLM 02/71/65.

Werner Mölders flew a Bf 109F-1 which was most likely RLM 02/71/60 (a lot of people are still debating over this)

At the beginning of 1941 the standerd colours for fighters where changed from RLM 02/71/65 to RLM 74/75/76

Werner Mölders also flew a Bf 109F-2 (which I made). What colours where used on this plane is not clear but RLM 74/75/76 seems to be the most likely since this plane was used until July 20th 1941. Therefore I chose to use the RLM 74/75/76 colours and not the RLM 02/71/65 colours.

BlackHellHound1

I have updated the skin: Bf 109F-2 "Black Double Chevrons and Bars" Flown by ace Oberst Werner Mölders

I have made 2 changes to the left side of the fuselage. 

I have relocated the medical sign on the cross

I have added a dark spot on the fuel cap under the cockpit.

It should be historically accurate now. 

You can get the updated version by re-downloading the skin using the existing link.

BlackHellHound1

• Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing your wonderful work,  You have a lot of talent

When I was trying to find out what colours to use I found a lot of contradicting material. Some said RLM 74/75/76 and some said RLM 02/71/65.

Werner Mölders flew a Bf 109F-1 which was most likely RLM 02/71/60 (a lot of people are still debating over this)

At the beginning of 1941 the standerd colours for fighters where changed from RLM 02/71/65 to RLM 74/75/76

Werner Mölders also flew a Bf 109F-2 (which I made). What colours where used on this plane is not clear but RLM 74/75/76 seems to be the most likely since this plane was used until July 20th 1941. Therefore I chose to use the RLM 74/75/76 colours and not the RLM 02/71/65 colours.

BlackHellHound1

In any event great job. ;) 

HI BHH,

i love you :lol:

Look

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13770-skin-request/

Is this possible too? Maybe both of them on the photo?

Thanks,

This was waiting for

S!

Fantastic job

Thanks for sharing your wonderful work,  You have a lot of talent

In any event great job. ;)

Heey guys,

thanks a lot for your comments. 

I really appreciate it. 

BlackHellHound1

• Upvote 1

repair your download is all I keep getting.

I have just tried all the links and I am not experiencing any problems. Everything works fine for me.

Could you PM me with a screenshot of the message you keep getting. Maybe I can help you solve the problem

BlackHellHound1

Just dropped in to look at these for the first time. Absolutely first-rate work. :salute:

Just dropped in to look at these for the first time. Absolutely first-rate work. :salute:

Your skins are jawdroppingly good you are a master of your art. :biggrin:

Thanks a lot guys, it makes me happy to hear this  :biggrin:

BlackHellHound1

Bf-109F-4 "Black 1" Flown by ace Oberleutnant Max-Hellmuth Ostermann, May 1942. W.Nr. 13088

He claimed a total of 102 victories in over 300 combat missions. Most victories where achieved over the eastern front, eight where claimed over the western front and one over Belgrade.

Max-Hellmuth received the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves for his 62nd earial victorie on 12 march 1942. He was the second JG54 pilot to reach 100 kills (Hans Phillip was the first) and the sixth overall. 

He was part of JG54. He was killed in combat on August 9th 1942.

Why his plane had this strange camouflage is not known. What is even stranger is that the "White" is not even white, it is a light grey. 

This skin is Historically accurate.

ymdMs8R.jpg

This museum and the skin have been moved to a new location. You can find the new location right here.

Enjoy the new museum! 

BlackHellHound1

Nice but very strange skin.  beauty on its own.

Another skin in my inventory :biggrin:

Thanks for that nice strange skin :salute:

Hello there fellow pilots, 

I have been making IL-2 skins for about a month now and making these skins was lots and lots of fun. 

It took a lot of time, research and patience to make these skins. However, there is something else that made me try to make my skins better and better: Your support. 

I would like to thank you guys for all your support and for all your great comments. I really appreciate it and it makes me want to make more skins :biggrin:  

It has been a great month and I am going to make sure that the future will bring the same and better. 

I am going to mix up the planes a bit more. (more then just F-4's and A-3's). 

Requests are still more then welcome (if they follow the requirements in post 1).

BlackHellHound1

• Upvote 1