Bearcat

Custom Personal skins for MP

Is this a place where I can request a custom skin? 

In Il2 BoB I enjoyed flying my white 109 with Prussian/midnight blue trim on the wingtips and rudder. It would be nice to have a painted spinner/wheels too, if someone can do it. 

I would like to have a version that is unmarked --that is, no nationality and one that has standard Luftwaffe markings. 

I am willing to pay a small gratuity via PayPal to whomever wishes to deliver these skins. 

Thank you to everyone who is coloring the game with these beautiful liveries! 

Here is the skin I had for Il2 Cliffs of Dover. 

I would enjoy having a new skin for the 109G2. 

Is there anyone in the community that could produce an updated version of this skin for me, please?

post-15116-0-10083600-1438141150_thumb.jpg

post-1464-0-47122400-1438552108_thumb.jpg

post-1464-0-05381400-1438552030_thumb.jpg

Hi all, gentlemen!

I made this skinpack for ZG26 squad. It is Bf109D-1 camouflages of pre-war ZG26, before geschwader was equipped with Bf110C.

NOTE: famous Horst Wessel emblem (coat of arms with H and W letters) appeared only in early 1942. Up to early 1940 - there were

no Gruppen emblems. Only some Staffeln of ZG26 had its emblems before and at the beginning of WW II.

You can download skinpack from here.

Skins are comparable with Bf109F-4 and G-2.

Pack include:

Stab./ZG26:

< - + - , Kommodore

- + -, Geschwaderadjutant (second-in-command)

Stab I./ZG26

<< +, Gruppenkomandeur

< +, Gruppenadjutant

1./ZG26

White 1 +, Staffelkapitan

White 2 to White 4+ - 

2./ZG26

Red 1 +, Staffelkapitan

Red 2 to Red 4+ - 

3./ZG26

Yellow 1 +, Staffelkapitan

Yellow 2 to Yellow 4+ - 

• Upvote 2

I'd like to know if we can get a custom skin for each pilots into a squadron, I mean the same skin with its own unique number or an artwork on nose.

In game the custom skin are listed using the file name, is it possible to view more detailed info or name about the skinb?

Thanks

Here a semi-historic Pack of the HE 111's of the II KG 53.

Here's a litte Preview:

2015_8_23__14_1_0.jpg

It contains the Planes

A1 + AC - A1 + DC
A1 + AM - A1 + LM

A1 + AN - A1 + LN
A1 + AN - A1 + LP

It's a good Pack to fly with a larger Number of HE's in a level Bombing Misson.

I don't know if the painting and the markings are correct, but the painting could simulate the early beginning of the Winter, when the planes got painted very simple. There are 5 different versions of the overpainting.

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94770637/Diverses/II.KG%2053.rar

Hope you like and use them :salute:

Edited by Phantomrider

Thanks Phantomriders...can we use different skin in MP server...I mean, could a squad get the same skin with different numbers?

Thanks Phantomriders...can we use different skin in MP server...I mean, could a squad get the same skin with different numbers?

As I noted in your other thread, it's quite possible to do this - you just need someone to create a set of skins like that once you figure out what you want your general squadron markings and your individualized symbol or numbering scheme to be.  Either get one of your squad members with skinning skills to do that, or ask someone who does skins to do it for you.

My first attempt at skinning for years.. behold the PigMacchi. Should I redo it completely.. delete it and hide, or does it at least have some potential as being a bit original, and almost semihistorical.. or is it just the fingerpaint of an insane man?

post-467-0-33549800-1440878738_thumb.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Q2PP2CYluxRG9GQzJkczBkdWs/view?usp=sharing

Feel free to call me incompetent. I will not mind, will just try harder next time, I know it's a very basic skin, but I like it enough to have it as my personal ride

• Upvote 1

Had some fun playing around with the new P-40 template, so decided to go ahead and create my standard skins for this one to add to my stable of other VVS aircraft.

This set represents the planes of my (fictional) Russian Naval Aviation unit, the 55th Guards Mixed Air Division (55th VVS VMF, sometimes referred to as GVMF-55), in a summer scheme with their standard summer gray-blue/gray-green naval camo scheme and a winter scheme (basically just whitewash over their standard summer scheme).  GVMF-55 was originally tasked with anti-shipping operations against German naval assets and protection of Russian shipping, first in the Baltic and then in the Black Sea, but as the battle for Stalingrad intensified the unit was pressed into action on the Don Front.

Summer:

post-12147-0-66505700-1498834227_thumb.jpg

Winter:

post-12147-0-74775400-1498834544_thumb.jpg

Skin files available here:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/20iiokbgms5lg5p/Panther%27s_Personal_P-40_Skins_for_BoS_for_JSGME.zip

Edited by TG-55Panthercules

thanks for the P40 custom skins guys, they rock, not as much as you, but still some!

Cheers.

I re did my Skins and optimized them. For everone that wants to be able to see me flying around go here and download em:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2s5bihrfj1z74l2/Wingers_BOS_Skins.zip?dl=0

Its the hawk theme i already posted earlier in the thread just less saturated, more worn and the summervariants have been getting a new green camo.

Here is the 202 as an example:

post-535-0-50069800-1445797941_thumb.jpg

post-535-0-80448500-1445797950_thumb.jpg

Edited by Winger

So it doesn't work like in CloD, where every custom skin anyone is using is automatically transfered to your online cache folder?

That means if I don't want to see any unrealistic, non-historic skins, I just don't download them and I will never be bothered?

Or, if I want them, I have to download them because otherwise they will not show?

Edited by 6./JG26_daHeld

So it doesn't work like in CloD, where every custom skin anyone is using is automatically transfered to your online cache folder?

That means if I don't want to see any unrealistic, non-historic skins, I just don't download them and I will never be bothered?

Or, if I want them, I have to download them because otherwise they will not show?

Correct, Yes and Yes.

I love the new 109 E7 just a joy to fly so I did this little repaint loosely based on a little bit Battle of Britain and a little bit Battle of Stalingrad, in these screenshots it carries full historic markings so I omitted them of course.

I cannot wait to fly the 110 and indeed repaint it as well. Oh yeah ignore the "40 Kills" on the tail fin I just would like to think I've got that many, four would be more realistic lol!!!

Thanks Rob.

post-12320-0-99127500-1446828559_thumb.jpg

post-12320-0-41688900-1446828564_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Salute, fellow virtual pilots!

If you like, here is a re-do of a skin I've made for the MiG-3 back "in the old days".

In old Il-2, I loved the MiG-3, as of now I'm trying hard to like her. As always in Il-2:BoS/BoM one has to experience each A/C from zero up.

Nevertheless I've reactivated a MiG-3 skin I had made for old Il-2's Mig-3, which I'd like to share with you:

2015_12_28__16_34_45_zpsaraw7b6m.png

It's based on Dave Starsky's famous "striped tomato" Ford Torino, from the 70's cop show "Starsky&Hutch".

If you like the looks of it, feel free to give it "a try in the da sky". Dig it, dudes! ;-D

D/L link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a4h246xg96p3332/Mig3_Starsky.dds

• Upvote 4

Don - Actually, "You were able to start, be able to finish!" ideoma in russian will be:

"Взялся за гуж, не говори что не дюж!" - "If You began something, dont tell that You cant do it!"

Added the new Ju-88 to my stable of skins for my fictional German naval aviation unit, TG-55 - only the leader's summer camo scheme so far (still working on the rest of the unit's members, and some ideas for the winter camo for this one):

post-12147-0-33686900-1498835102_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Added the new Ju-88 to my stable of skins for my fictional German naval aviation unit, TG-55 - only the leader's summer camo scheme so far (still working on the rest of the unit's members, and some ideas for the winter camo for this one):

BoS%20-%20Ju-88%20Panther%20Summer.jpg

Loving that skin Pantercules, any chance or removing your personal device and issuing a version for the rest of us. I really like the Anti Shipping tail device of the anchor, the ship kills on tail and the general overall design and color of that skin

PRETTY PLEASE

Loving that skin Pantercules, any chance or removing your personal device and issuing a version for the rest of us. I really like the Anti Shipping tail device of the anchor, the ship kills on tail and the general overall design and color of that skin

PRETTY PLEASE

I guess it depends on what you mean by my "personal device" - if you mean the P/Panther symbol on the nose, then yes I do plan to have a set of these for my virtual squadron mates (i.e., anybody who wants to use them) like I do with my other BoS skins - they'll have all my other fictional squadron markings (basically everything but the P/Panther symbol and the tail ship kills, cause they're ones I have sunk myself :)  ) and each one has different numbers (2-9) at the end of the LVPn sequence on the sides.  I usually don't, but I guess I could scatter a few of the ship kill markings randomly among the other member's skins for these Ju-88s, since our unit was wildly successful during the Kanalkampf :)

Ok - by request, here is a package with my whole unit's set of Ju-88 skins, as described above.  And a couple of screenshots to show you some examples:

post-12147-0-84339400-1498835629_thumb.jpg

post-12147-0-47644800-1498835643_thumb.jpg

The package is JSGME-ready, and is available here:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/55og1xcq4umtb2z/Panther%27s_Personal_Ju-88_Skins_for_BoS_for_JSGME.zip 

Hope you enjoy!

• Upvote 1

You are a star Panthercules

My comment on the P/Panther was not because of any dislike but simply I thought it might be your own heraldic device.

Many Thanks for sharing the skins not to mention your time effort and artistic skills

You are a star Panthercules

My comment on the P/Panther was not because of any dislike but simply I thought it might be your own heraldic device.

Many Thanks for sharing the skins not to mention your time effort and artistic skills

I figured that's what you probably meant - and you're right that the P/Panther is my "personal" symbol in terms of being intended just for me as the leader of the unit.  I just wasn't sure if you might be referring to any of the other markings (e.g., yellow areas, 55/shield, black stripes on elevators) that are "personal" to my particular fictional unit, but not to me individually.  

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, and I hope you enjoy the skins.

Salute, fellow pilots!

Once again, I treat you to skins, most of you won't ever consider to download.

But also once again, "hope will be the last to die".  ;)

So I give you my go at a toned down theme of our squads emblems, whilst using modern day approaches to camo, using RLM colors nonetheless. 

*edit: corrected the fuselage guns cover & wing leading edge camo lining and reduced the shine on the plane completely.*

2016_9_3__22_3_54_zpshzwbbjfr.png

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nt2hoiiz4rgrn6u/190a3_ghost_2.dds

2016_9_3__22_6_52_zpsxrqcgw2w.png

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6hhon14oc8b7th2/190a3_ghost_1.dds

Edited by SK_Bearkiller72
  • Upvote 1

Salute, fellow pilots!

Here are some skins for anyone interested, which are based on public services, such as Police and Firefighters.

Remember the old Me-109G-6 "CHiP" from il2skins.com? ;-) There you go.

I've been asked to do a repaint of my Pub Serv skins I did years ago for '46 and here it is.

I'm German and so these skins are based on German Public Services.

Hope some of you like it and find it useful. :-)

Bf-110E-2 in the contemporary German Federal Police styling:

2016_10_8__22_48_18_zpsxsmnxbuw.png

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6d0dgm28b267b0w/Bf110E2_Polizei_Bund.dds

Bf-110E-2 in classic German Police styling with Bavarian crests:

2016_10_8__22_49_15_zpsfbelejls.png

http://www.mediafire.com/file/51txajk2ey0mz7i/Bf110E2_Polizei_BY.dds

Now, don't take this too serious, right?! ;-)

If there's police, there's gotta be some wrong doers, shouldn't it? ;-)

That's why this skin was made:

Bf-110E-2 "Gangster"

2016_10_8__22_50_28_zpsqgqb6sza.png

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mm12ofhqbbp29lb/Bf110E2_Gangster.dds

Aaand last, but not least, enter the firefighters.

He-111H-6 in Feuerwehr styling:

2016_10_8__22_52_36_zpslxu1idbu.png

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xfahxep53an1aay/He111H6_Feuwehr.dds

Again, hope you like it!

Bearkiller out. S^!

• Upvote 2

Salute!

Here's a purely fictional skin, based loosely on early 1950's Hot Rods. The idea behind it was to swap the 1930's Model A with a P-40 of that era. :cool:

Alas chrome exhaust stacks, open hoods and dual, high rise carbs can't be visualized. ;)

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/v444cdlc4lyl9hc/P40E1_LeadSled.dds

Hope you like it,

Bearkiller72 out. :salute:

2016_10_16__19_35_30_zpsined3wbo.png

2016_10_16__20_39_8_zpsb9jeedsf.png

• Upvote 1

I like it Bear; we need more cool skins like yours, to identify players. My only complaints - if I were to complain - is that the rear tailfin solid orange is really "stand-outish", making me look at it instead of those bad ass flames.  And the bottom of your plane could be a slightly different color (Hotrods have mufflers and stuff under their car, so your "car" could be bare metal underneath as an example). 

Thanx, m8! Comment and positive criticism well received and taken into account for the next skin.

As for the bright orange tail, well, at first I wanted to leave it all black with the white skull

but the orange played out well with the flames and adds to the rest nicely (methinks).

I settled for a dark undersurface, RLM 66 in this case because all the colors I've experimented with

looked a touch to much, to quote AC/DC :cool: . Be it colours or light grays. So I applied some "Tuff-Kote Rustproofing" ;)

Cheers! :salute:

P.S. did you see those beautiful Wolfrace wheels? True classics! :)

• Upvote 1