Pringliano

Mommy, that kid called me noob!!!!

Re: the US pilot telling how he strafed the guy in the chute. I used to have a downloaded copy of that whole program. Full of fantastic interviews. Lost it now though. Anyone remember what it was called? - It was generally about the young US airmen that came to Europe to fly the P-51.

Edited by Freycinet

Well, just to show chivalry is still alive, I bypassed a taxing Yak this morning in my Fw to shoot up the AAA just beyond. On the other hand I bombed the $#!t out of several others with the same aircraft. I find just as much satisfaction with either pull or push of a joystick button but as an adult in a game I know the (perceived) difference between the two.

Yeah most of the modern documentaries I have seen are crap. Sometime around the turn of the millennium people started thinking it was a better idea to just film five minutes of an actual show and just do dramatic repeats of it over and over again after every commercial break. I guess it is cheaper that way. Most people don't even notice it until you watch it without all the commercial breaks and see they just repeat the same shit over and over again. I miss the old days when the Discovery channel and TLC were actually educational and not a bunch of reality show nonsense. I remember my grandfather having a five hour long tape of WW2: A GI's Diary. I was like nine and hardcore into that stuff.

Yeah dude I know exactly what you mean. It's like they want the world to just be a little more stupid.....

The Knowledge network still runs great docos in Canada. I'm hoping one day everything will be available for free on the internet copyrights be damned. I'm talking old educational stuff being released again on digital. There are programs out there in archives on Betamax. I used to work in TV and Beta is used to broadcast digital. It was anyway when I last worked at Chellomedia in Amsterdam in 2007. Anyway, not advocating piracy as I'm not a fan of it.

Edited by CDN-SMOKEJUMPER
  • Upvote 1

Yeah most of the modern documentaries I have seen are crap. Sometime around the turn of the millennium people started thinking it was a better idea to just film five minutes of an actual show and just do dramatic repeats of it over and over again after every commercial break. I guess it is cheaper that way. Most people don't even notice it until you watch it without all the commercial breaks and see they just repeat the same shit over and over again. I miss the old days when the Discovery channel and TLC were actually educational and not a bunch of reality show nonsense. I remember my grandfather having a five hour long tape of WW2: A GI's Diary. I was like nine and hardcore into that stuff.

Taking 5 minutes of footage and turning it into an hour long show is an artform all its own. Sort of like playing the same 4 songs on a pop radio station for several months at a time. They may have learned from the radio folks....

Well, just to show chivalry is still alive, I bypassed a taxing Yak this morning in my Fw to shoot up the AAA just beyond. On the other hand I bombed the $#!t out of several others with the same aircraft. I find just as much satisfaction with either pull or push of a joystick button but as an adult in a game I know the (perceived) difference between the two.

Probably the best answer in this thread, well done M8.

Not playing for your "fun" if I'm on the enemy team. I'm playing to win the round. If your forward fields have the best aircraft I'm going to camp them to scrap every one that spawns as long as I can get away with it. I do Jabbo runs and I take the bombers to cap and supply those better aircraft. I'm one of the few that seems to do that. I play the objective and that means you're gettin base raped.

Perhaps single player is for you.

EDIT///

Right now I'm tabbed out of the Syndicate server. Just got base raped.

No worries I just grabbed another aircraft farther away and I was man enough to not say one tear filled word about it.

"I'm going to camp them to scrap every one that spawns as long as I can get away with it."

And probably the worst.

Mick. :)

Strafing vehicles is one thging but straffing live pilots takiong off or trying to is vulching. Vulching is for wusses IMO. What possible kind of kudos can be achieved for shooting planes as they spawn ort take off. IMO it is just as lame as camping out at spawn points in FPS. I would rather allow a guy to take off..  have a decent fight and loose than get any kind of points for vulching.

This.

I`ve been Vulched many times, but I am not going to do it because of that, I prefeer to be shot down with 0 points, that get 3000 points shoting down planes on ground, many people fly por points, others flies for fun.

Edited by E69_Manu

It's all just personal opinion, but circling a base to strafe people spawning in seems kind of crappy to me. If you're in a ground attack aircraft or bomber, sure, but given that airfield flak defences aren't as lethal as they were in reality it just seems like a cheap thrill at someone else's expense to do so in a fighter. But then again, I also think more people should fly bombers and ground attack planes anyway, as fighters were just the cherry on top. Kind of.

Probably the best answer in this thread, well done M8.

"I'm going to camp them to scrap every one that spawns as long as I can get away with it."

And probably the worst.

Mick. :)

I'm an FPS gamer who now flies. I play to win.

Edited by CDN-SMOKEJUMPER
  • Upvote 1

I am disappointed you consider yourself a gamer as opposed to a pilot.

Welcome to the next generation of flight simulator "gamers" you all wanted to fly against and have this product attract.

Hopefully they'll get bored when it isn't "War Thunder++" (or is it? [or will it be?]) and they'll drop out of the hobby.

Welcome to the next generation of flight simulator "gamers" you all wanted to fly against and have this product attract.

Hopefully they'll get bored when it isn't "War Thunder++" (or is it? [or will it be?]) and they'll drop out of the hobby.

Great elitist attitude, with that premise no-one can ever learn to fly in a sim environment having come from another 'genre' and realise the difference and better immersion between a game and the more 'sim' experience of BoS and CloD

An elitist club made of old school people will only fade and die with no growth

Cheers dakpilot

oh god thank god theres me to discuss other things but vulching and shooter shooters, this is more than deja vu

you know what every person who shot another human being however the circustance is a murdered as cod console would expose

i think the only real man in wwii was the guy who scorted an enemy bomber

currently im enjoying a village slaying phone game, i love the +mas tree in the villages i savage :)

"All"? Rly?

Why are you here Falke?

Hm..., why not?

C'mon...

"All"? Rly?

Hm..., why not?

C'mon...

I didn't want to fly with them either. Maybe "all" was poor word choice. ;)

Otherwise, I stand by what I said. "Elitist" or not... Most of the new guys prove my point.

Great elitist attitude, with that premise no-one can ever learn to fly in a sim environment having come from another 'genre' and...

-snip-

Cheers dakpilot

Hey there consistent naysayer,

How did you get in to the genre? A pre-existing interest in combat aviation or from playing Counter Strike with your friends?

Nobody has tried to deny that WT brings people to the doorstep of the genre... It also harbors silly expectations of how the genre "should" be to cater to the interests of the "gamer." (Go look at the WT players who post their expectations on the Steam forums and you will see the crop of players you want so desperately to reap... No, seriously... Go have a look if you really believe what you said.)

You think you want to appeal to those players, but given time (and whether or not Loft and the guys prefer $$$ over a backbone) we will see how that plays out.

I reiterate - I stand by what I said.

Edited by FalkeEins

Well if i had to answer the question:

Top gun on the NES was not enough. Not enough at all.

Ace combat for the Playstation1 was not enough. What utter garbage!

CFS2 demo at the mall was better. but i had no PC.

Books were not enough.

Plastic Kits were not enough.

Visiting the carrier in NYC was NOT ENOUGH(dammit!)

Independence day was not enough - even though they copypasted 500 Hornets in there... not enough...

Things started to come together with CFS3 and, a bit later, FB.

But by then it was me who was the noob in all matters WWII and Flying.

and back to the Books, articles, images...

If i could extrapolate, i would say that people might come to the Series because other platforms are "not enough".

so let's give them enough... enough and then some!

?

Well, I guess some people just want to go out of their way just to be dicks and there's nothing we can do about it. :rolleyes:  Except put massive AAA cover on all bases. You want to spawn camp ? Fine, good luck trying to stay alive.  

Edited by istruba

I am disappointed you consider yourself a gamer as opposed to a pilot. 

I have friends who are real bush pilots in Yellowknife. I have flown aircraft as a kid in Cadets often. I intend to get my license within the next two years at which time I have the right to call myself a pilot.

This however, is a war GAME. It is on the simulation end of the spectrum but non the less it's still a game. This is not Microsoft Flight Sim boys, my plane has guns and I intend to use them on every enemy I see.

I'm the first guy to help you change your tire. I'll use my winch to help drag strangers out of the ditch in the snow. I'm a nice guy but my wind down time is war gaming. Be it an FPS shooter on hardcore mode like BF4 or a straight flight war game like this. I do my absolute most to win rounds. I also strive to be one of the best pilots as well which will be tough with all the great talent in this sim.

I play the objectives or go after biggest threat aircraft and shoot them on the ground if I can get away with it. I do that to run your limited aircraft out. I love Jabbo runs in a 190 and a 500kg bomb. I destroy objectives in it then turn and fight. While I'm Russian I will try to stop others from doing the same. I don't just base camp without purpose. I also move to the side with less players when everyone else refuses to budge from the German side even if it's 21 vs 6.....

When we have multiplayer stats I'll be able to back up my claims too with a record of destroyed mission objectives.

No one here is going to make me feel bad in a competitive environment if I play competitively. If you choose to fly like a princess that's fine it's your time but don't cry about your wing getting blown off because you had your lights on. Don't want to die? Jump.

For those that like to call themselves a SIM "pilot" and play like a wuss you are playing SIM poorly. Real WWII fighter pilots where ULTRA competitive and many had ego a plenty. You don't get into a combat arms trade where it's a one on one fight if you don't have an independence streak. Want to rely only on yourself, be a fighter pilot. It's different today with AWACS but back in the day you find yourself suddenly alone as a common occurrence.

So if you like, I'm more hardcore SIM than you.

Hmmm. . . Vulching. . .Is it fun?  So long as your not getting vulched, sure.  Is it fun to Vulch?  Sure, as long as your the one doing the shooting.  But I'll tell you what, there is nothing quite so thrilling as taking off under fire and managing to get away enough to gain altitude and fight.

This may not be war, but it is a game designed to simulate that.  I am here to play to win.  That means killing and blowing up as many enemy pilots, aircraft, and other resources as I can.  As for my opinion about a "fair fight", see my sig.

Edited by Lupus