Bearcat

Bf-109 G2 skins

I play at 60 fps max so we way not see the same thing.

A short video will be very useful to understand what you see in your game.

I know there is 2 textures for the spinner. For the dynamic one I use a blur filter in the same maner as yours but lighter.

unfortunately it won't work, video's FPS it too slow to present 120FPS effect.

Hello,

Although some consider that making a new weathering and paint chipping for each skin of a given plane is a useless waste of time, I continue this way with the "Seeman" Bf109G6.

That's the reason why things are going slowly. Slowly yes, but yet steadily.

Here is a screen shot of "Seeman" in its current state :

160124-BF109G2-001.jpg

160124-BF109G2-002.jpg

I keep the spinner for the end ...

Edited by Bearcat
  • Upvote 4

@

XenoChrist

Your are right !!!  sorry ...........

For colors, it is too late for correction and please, have a look to this discussion about RLM79 ....This color is a kind of nightmare !!! :biggrin:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/19550-bf-110-e2-skins/page-8

Regarding underwings balkenkreuz, I will corredt tonight and tomorrow morning yoy will find the corrected  link ;)

Edited by Pips

Hello,

"Seeman" is almost finished : I made the utlimate paint chipping and weathering yesterday evening.

I think there is some corrections to make around the air intake on the left side of the fuselage and some color tuning for the RLM74 (a bit too greenish I think).

160125-F109G2-001.jpg

160125-F109G2-002.jpg

Some detail of the weathering :

160125-F109G2-003.jpg

160125-F109G2-004.jpg

And know, I'm going to try to improve the spiner spiral ... this could take a quite long time ...

Edited by Bearcat
  • Upvote 2

Thi Guys,

Maybe i misses it. But does someone have a nice jg 52 winter skin? I want to use for my pwcg jg 52 career.

Thnx!

Martijn

Take your time on that spinner your going to set the precedent for spinners in the game....Beautiful work man

• Upvote 1

I keep telling you Zargos, I'd have taken it about 3 or 4 revisions ago :biggrin:

Anyway with every rev its improving but I wish you'd stop teasing me by posting up these pics (kidding)

With every iteration it improves and if the stills are anything to go by the spinner looks awesome

C'est vraiment gentil de ta part. (if I have it right)

Zargos how did you get that paint so wonderfully flat???!!!

I hate all these polished aircraft!

Edited by 4./JG53_Uwe

... but I wish you'd stop teasing me by posting up these pics (kidding)

Oh ! My god ! I never meant to tease anyone !

;)

I post some screenshots just to let you know how my works is progressing (even it is too slowly) and that I haven't gave up !

By the way I've made some improvements on the spinner.

Zargos how did you get that paint so wonderfully flat???!!!

Hello Uwe,

It is just the way I tune the alpha layer of the skin.

I don't know if you are familiar with this notion.

To be simple the alpha layer is a grey scale image of the skin template wich determines how a given area of the plane will reflect the light. According the shade of grey you use the paint will appear glossy or matt in the game.

The following treads deals with the alpha layer :

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/19414-alpha-layer-metal-chips/

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/15420-custom-alpha-channel-tutorial-gimp-advanced-skinners/

Edited by UF_Zargos

To be fair it's difficult to tell what reflectiin grade looks realistic and what is over the top. Museum pieces are obviously failing in replicating a wartine aircraft due to lack of weathering and repainting (not nessecarily with correct colours).

On the other hand smooth paint gives gain in performence and with extensive use an aircraft paint smooths out over time (fine particals in the air work like sand paper on matt paint). That is obviously toned down in some places by weathering ect.

Not saying that I dislike Zargos skins - you can see the love put into them - but personally I don't like the all flat look.

Only comparison I can draw to reality is some military aircraft at our strip, although those are ex Bundeswehr machines and not WW2.

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka

Zargos-thank you SO MUCH!

Oh man thats huge, just a huge help!

The opprotunity to clean up those awful, huge paint chip reflections is exactly what I was hoping for!

Edited by 4./JG53_Uwe

To be fair it's difficult to tell what reflectiin grade looks realistic and what is over the top

In that matter there is no absolute truth !

The aspect of the painting of a military aircraft depends on the condtions it is operated :

- is the plane protected in shelters or is it parked outside, exposed to rain and dust ?

- does it operate from concrete runways or from muddy airfields

- does the mechanical team have enough time to clean the planes after each mission

- etc.

It also depend on the quality of the painting (for exemple the US olive drab was known to fade quicly when exposed to sunshine).

Sometimes pilots asked their mech to polish their plane in order to gain some extra speed againts ennemy fighters. I recently saw a picture of a Bf109G with a very glossy painting that was reflecting the pilots silhouettes !

Then, it is likely that all variations of reflective grade had existed according location,weather conditions, and maintenance facilites.

Nevertheless I consider that according the pictures in can seen in my books, the "avarage" grade is rather matt than glossy.

At last the choice belongs to the skinner.

My preference is for quite matt painting because I like the worn out aspect it gives to the skin.

I'm glad that some of you have the same preference and I'm also gald that some of you prefer something else.

It gives to each skinner the opportunity to have is own style and to players to have the plane they like ...

Edited by UF_Zargos

II/JG53's new 109G-2 generic skin, sans group and number markings:

2016_1_27__17_19_6_2.png

2016_1_27__17_19_48_2.png

2016_1_27__17_19_29_1.png

Nothing too extravagant, just a recolor, new mottling and tone of the markings.

Also many, MANY thanks to Zargos for the direction for the guides to manipulate alpha layers-HUGE help in ridding the plane of those reflecting blotches.

Edited by Bearcat
  • Upvote 3

In that matter there is no absolute truth !

Very right :)

PS: I hope I didn't sound offensive, which was totally not the intend. It's amazing to see how many fine details you can put into 2k resolution skins.

I hope I didn't sound offensive

Not at all mate !

;)

Nothing too extravagant, just a recolor, new mottling and tone of the markings.

It's a really good begining.

Happy to have been helpfull.

UF-Zargos:

and the yellow paint under the nose?  :happy:  except that the skin is perfect  painted! congrats!

and the yellow paint under the nose?

Don't worry, everything wil comme in due time.

Hello,

After many, many, desperate and unsuccessful attemps to make a decent spiral of my own, I decided to adapt Jaw's spiral spiner for the "Seeman" skin.

I consider (it's my own opinion) that the result (certainly far from being perfect) is good enough and that the skin can be published.

Some pictures to let you make your opinion :

160204-BF109G2-003b.jpg

160204-BF109G2-004.jpg

160204-BF109G2-005b.jpg

160204-BF109G2-006b.jpg

160204-BF109G2-009b.jpg

Download link

Enjoy your flights.

Cheers

Edited by UF_Zargos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Very nice, any chance you guys can post a template of the spinner others to use a standard for the spiral spinner it looks really good.

Very nice, any chance you guys can post a template of the spinner others to use a standard for the spiral spinner it looks really good.

But it's not spiral but concentric circles instead.

BTW Zargos, could you make your skins texture more natural at joint lines?

Edited by III/JG2Gustav05

BTW Zargos, could you make your skins texture more natural at joint lines?

What do you mean ?

Thank you for your comments.

I wish that I could improve the spiner shortly with the help of my friend Pierre.

Hello,

Here is the sequel to the White 9 "Seeman" of the 7./JG53 : the White 3 flown by Oberleutnant Günther « Hupatz » Seeger (56 victories).

You will notice a new cartoony "pik as" character in a new attitude.

If I can I will make all the planes of this staffel because each one has its owns character. But it is a long job ...

By the way ! I I changed the name of the file for the Withe 9 which was wrong. Please delete zsf-bf109g2-7jg53-9blanc.dds file from your skins file.

160212-BF109G2-001b.jpg

160212-BF109G2-004b.jpg

Update available on the ZSF : http://www.unbound-frogs.org/zsf/2016/02/12/skin-update-4-bf109g-2-7-jg53-new-skin/

See U soon

Edited by UF_Zargos
  • Upvote 4

Hello,

After many, many, desperate and unsuccessful attemps to make a decent spiral of my own, I decided to adapt Jaw's spiral spiner for the "Seeman" skin.

I consider (it's my own opinion) that the result (certainly far from being perfect) is good enough and that the skin can be published.

Yeah, the spinner can be a real pita :wacko:

If you still want to use another spinner you can take a look here: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17126-so-you-want-your-bf-109-have-spiral-spinner/

how can I use custom skins in the latest version, i dont know how it works, it just lets me chose ingame paint schemes

how can I use custom skins in the latest version, i dont know how it works, it just lets me chose ingame paint schemes

Go to your main game folder, locate ''data/graphics/skins'' then find the appropriate plane folder and stick your DL skin in there.

Unfortunately you can't use custom skins in campaign mode, only in quick missions or PWCG

Edited by Trooper117

Go to your main game folder, locate ''data/graphics/skins'' then find the appropriate plane folder and stick your DL skin in there.

Unfortunately you can't use custom skins in campaign mode, only in quick missions or PWCG

ah ok, cuz i wondered how u can pick a skin in campaign, thanks