smink1701

Post "Kick Ass" Skins Here

Ah, çui là, il est exotique Pierre !!!

Les couleurs sont parfaites et dans la neige de Stalingrad, il va faire un effet "bœuf".

Je le veux, je le veux !!!

Amitiés

DAN

This is just a "mucking around" skin for my own purposes, it's not based on anything at all I was just fiddling in Photoshop with colours and markings and layers etc,etc

P.S.The RED 64 represents the year I was born, sad eh.

post-12320-0-37114500-1420306468_thumb.jpg

Edited by viperrm64

15(Span.)/JG51

2ª Escudrilla Azul (2nd Spanish Blue Squadron) in washable Winter cammo.

InviernoCosta_zps4b780598.jpg

Edited by Bearcat
Screens with swasticas must use spoiler tag
  • Upvote 3

Here is my take on the Founders Skin that I recreated for the Yak.

Mandela's first year memorial has just passed so I personalized the skin with his 46664 Prison number on the tail and added "AsimBonanga"  on the pilots side which in this context kinda means - the journey/struggle continues - There is a weathered version as well, I'll try upload both.

Enjoy...

Zulu

post-21389-0-63735000-1420329204_thumb.jpg

post-21389-0-89834900-1420329226_thumb.jpg

post-21389-0-61926700-1420329263_thumb.jpg

post-21389-0-48947500-1420329291_thumb.jpg

post-21389-0-20305500-1420330044_thumb.jpg

post-21389-0-25297000-1420330050_thumb.jpg

Yak1s69_FoundersFreshPaint.zip

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Love Faber's new paintscheme  :)

I was always under the impression it was dark earth/dark green however.  Is the grey confirmed?

Made this for a squadmate, Mr. 26.  He wanted a pretty lady, so I gave him Miss Red Hot.  ;)  Now he's always leaning out and looking at her instead of watching my six.  :rolleyes:

2015_1_4__2_22_6.png

Love Faber's new paintscheme  :)

I was always under the impression it was dark earth/dark green however.  Is the grey confirmed?

The RAF changed it's day fighter camo scheme from dark earth to ocean grey in 1941. Considering Faber gifted his FW 190 in 1942, it was almost certainly green and grey.

Most sources say that the german camo was green not grey however on Fabers plane. It seems that Hans Hahn used bomber paint for his Stabschwarm for some unknown reason.

I don't think there are any color photographsof most of these so it is all speculation, written descriptions and what you can guess from black & white.

The RAF changed it's day fighter camo scheme from dark earth to ocean grey in 1941. Considering Faber gifted his FW 190 in 1942, it was almost certainly green and grey.

Jaegermeister is probably right.

But let's have a try :)

Dark_Earth.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looking nice Pierre, a little too crisp for my taste but evcerything else is fine.

Now for my latest project I'm going to write sth about it's creation before showing off. Personally that idea came up to my mind some time ago already but I didn't attempt to realise it before finally being inspired by Bearkiller72's RAF Yak-1.

So I went ahead and chose the plane that suited the shape best and I loved most of all VVS aircraft - the Lagg-3. Of course this isn't only for me as I hope his skin will drive some players to sped some new love to the Lagg wearing that brand new and totally different skin.

So without further writing, here it is!

82n4ftau.jpg

Now you may ask why the heck a P-51 paint sheme? Well, to put it simple, everybody including me loves Mustangs and while the shape match is quite decent the paint sheme is just real beauty.

What this semi-fictional skin intends is to turn the Lagg-3 into a different aircraft. It's coloured the same way as the P-51C "Berlin Express" from the 357th FG flown by 1st Lt. William B. Overstreet. Every decal, colour ect is historically recreated from the original.

To maximise it's custom look I've spend it a totally overhauled alpha texture for shiny bare metal and proper weathering. You can see some of those enhancements in the screenshots.

It's still up for minor improvements though I consider it ready for publishing if you like it :)

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka
  • Upvote 3

Superbe livrée Pierre, quoique je préfére la version précédente. Je t'ai transmis des infos au sujet des 2 skins d'Arnim Faber. A noter qu'il existe plusieurs variantes de camo, concernant l'emblème à tête de coq. Lorsque l'avion est marqué de la lettre "P" cerclée, l'emblème y figure aussi. Ensuite, il semblerait que le "camo" sans la lettre "P" indique deux version; l'une avec l'emblème et l'autre sans. Bref, d'après la doc. l'appareil de Faber possède quatre types de camo. L'original, avec ses marques allemandes, le 2éme avec son camo "captured" et lettre "P" cerclée, le 3éme, sans la lettre "P" et avec l'emblème et enfin, le 4éme, identique au 3éme, sans l'emblème.

Amitiés.

DAN

Et en langue British :

Pierre delivered superb, although I prefer the previous version. I've forwarded information about 2 skins Arnim Faber. Note that there are several variants camo on the cock head emblem. When the aircraft is marked with the letter "P" circled the emblem will also appear. Then it seems that the "camo" without the letter "P" indicates two versions; with one emblem and one without. In short, according to the doc. Faber unit has four types of camo. The original, with its German brands, the 2nd with his camo "captured" and "P" circled the 3rd, not the letter "P" and the emblem and finally the 4th identical to 3rd without the emblem.

Friendships.

DAN

@Stuka and Pierre; would love to have those two in my skins folder.  Nice work! :salute:

A little nod to IL2COD with a F4 very loosely and I do mean loosely representing Adolf Gallands 109 E4 used in the Battle of Britain, I have removed the swastikas for political correctness.

post-12320-0-31796400-1420381159_thumb.jpg

post-12320-0-31693800-1420381197_thumb.jpg

Skin of Leutnant Walter Nowotny, Staffelkapitan of 1/JG54 in early Spring 1943, central Eastern front. It was of course an FW 190 A4, but I think it is interesting...

Nowotny_Spring1_zps22edf1ae.png

Nowotny_Spring2_zps287ffb52.png

Nowotny_Spring3_zps093a8079.png

I will post download links in the skins section later if anyone is interested. I have refined a few things from the previous skins I posted and I will probably update a few of the others.

• Upvote 2

Hi all, I updated the BOB skin I did earlier and added a "wingman". Once again swastikas were removed for political correctness.

post-12320-0-68387900-1420393130_thumb.jpg

post-12320-0-81483900-1420393226_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looking nice Pierre, a little too crisp for my taste but evcerything else is fine.

Now for my latest project I'm going to write sth about it's creation before showing off. Personally that idea came up to my mind some time ago already but I didn't attempt to realise it before finally being inspired by Bearkiller72's RAF Yak-1.

So I went ahead and chose the plane that suited the shape best and I loved most of all VVS aircraft - the Lagg-3. Of course this isn't only for me as I hope his skin will drive some players to sped some new love to the Lagg wearing that brand new and totally different skin.

So without further writing, here it is!

82n4ftau.jpg

Now you may ask why the heck a P-51 paint sheme? Well, to put it simple, everybody including me loves Mustangs and while the shape match is quite decent the paint sheme is just real beauty.

What this semi-fictional skin intends is to turn the Lagg-3 into a different aircraft. It's coloured the same way as the P-51C "Berlin Express" from the 357th FG flown by 1st Lt. William B. Overstreet. Every decal, colour ect is historically recreated from the original.

To maximise it's custom look I've spend it a totally overhauled alpha texture for shiny bare metal and proper weathering. You can see some of those enhancements in the screenshots.

It's still up for minor improvements though I consider it ready for publishing if you like it :)

fantastic!

As suggested in the original developers thread for historical skins, here is the aircraft of Unteroffizier Oskar Romm of JG51. This FW190/A3 was flown from Nikolskoye, Soviet Union in September and October 1942 where he achieved limited success on his way to winning the Ritterkreuz.

FW190JG51_1_zpsc9724249.png

Don't ask how I got this shot... I'm pretty sure it will never happen again....

FW190JG51_2_zpsfc47b2f8.png

FW190JG51_3_zps019d069f.png

FW190JG51_4_zps81159bc7.png

FW190JG51_5_zps9f70e2b6.png

FW190JG51_6_zps54901178.png

I would give this one a 9.75...

FW190JG51_7_zps39878b67.png

Download link for skin files is in the skin download thread. :)

• Upvote 1

WTF??! That's no IAR-81!!!

One way or another, coming soon, at a six o'clock near you.  mockface.gif

2015_1_6_4_47_0.png

2015_1_6_4_16_45.png
img host

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Upvote 4

FW 190 A3/U3 "Black 3" from 14.(Jabo)JG/5. 

This plane operated from Petsamo in northern Finland against Russian shipping in the Barents Sea west of Murmansk. On 5 October 1943, Unteroffizier Hans Gunther Kleemann bailed out of Black 3 after getting lost and running out of fuel. The crashed airplane was recovered in 1984 and sent to the United States for restoration. It eventually made it's way back to Norway for final restoration and now sits in the Norwegian Aviation Museum. It is one of only a few surviving A3's in the world.

Now it's back kicking a$$ in IL2 BOS...... 

FW190-JG5_3_zpsf856e78c.jpg

FW190-JG5_2_zpsba8b262d.jpg

FW190-JG5_4_zpsc4d98e49.jpg

FW190-JG5_5_zpsecb87033.jpg

You can download skin file in the skins thread under pilot art. :)

• Upvote 1

i am a Metal  worker. back at school we looked down on the carpenters and all. "di blöd Schrainer... "
but damn, wood is not an easy subject - woah! a bit of an eye opener here...

metal.png

Here are some shots of the winter variants of our skins.

Once i got em all done for all squadmates ill post em all for download.

attachicon.gifWinger 109 F4 Winter.jpgattachicon.gifWinger 190 Jagd.jpgattachicon.gifWinger JU 87 Winter.jpgattachicon.gifHE 111 Winter.jpg

Wow... being a hardcore historical guy, I'm normally not too much interested in fictional skins. Those, however, are bloody fricken' awesome! They look modern, yet are totally fitting for the planes - the very best I've seen resp. fictional skins since... well, just the very best! :)

By the way, I've been also thinking of making myself a personal skin for MP purposes, probably starting out with the La-5. Chief distinction will be my personal arms on the empennage (tailfin and rudder), which I use on the Internet for a long time now - the Jolly Roger of Stede Bonnet, visible here as my Avatar. Leaving out the VVS Star/swastika there, of course. ;)

Now, being heavily challenged both graphically and creatively, I thought I might just ask one question for now: What would you suggest for the elevators to go with the mostly-black tailfin/rudder? :rolleyes:

Wow... being a hardcore historical guy, I'm normally not too much interested in fictional skins. Those, however, are bloody fricken' awesome! They look modern, yet are totally fitting for the planes - the very best I've seen resp. fictional skins since... well, just the very best! :)

By the way, I've been also thinking of making myself a personal skin for MP purposes, probably starting out with the La-5. Chief distinction will be my personal arms on the empennage (tailfin and rudder), which I use on the Internet for a long time now - the Jolly Roger of Stede Bonnet, visible here as my Avatar. Leaving out the VVS Star/swastika there, of course. ;)

Now, being heavily challenged both graphically and creatively, I thought I might just ask one question for now: What would you suggest for the elevators to go with the mostly-black tailfin/rudder? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words and I am very glad you like my skins! Be sure to download em so you can see us when we fly online:) You can get em all here:

http://vsg1.de/index.php/Thread/381-VSG1-Staffelskins-zum-Downloaden/

For your skin i do not see either of the elements of your bonnet on the tailpart as well. Id rather go with black and white colors.

For the noseart i could imagine a skulls side face pointing in flightdirection just like the hawkshead on my skins.

Thanks for the Tips... yeah, elevators will be black. As for the side skulls-that would be awesome, lets see if I can do that...^-^

FW 190 A3 of Stab I/JG51 flown by an unidentified officer in December 1942 and January 1943 over the Rzevh-Vyazma salient north of Stalingrad

JG51-Winter-7_zpse7e82c36.jpg

JG51-Winter-9_zpsa2a6f964.jpg

JG51-Winter-6_zpsbf12eee3.jpg

JG51-Winter-10_zps9c0ab1f4.jpg

Skin is available for download in the FW190 skins thread.

anybody in here a Fan of Freiburger and Finnegan?
Love to see those two do their stuff?
wanna 73 Camaro But stuck with a Dumptruck?

image.jpg

Never.. in the field... of human history...

UF-Fa_zpsd9384890.jpg

Quick muck-about (using the free Paint.net, by the way), but doesn't look too bad! The templates make it easy, though!  :cool: 

(This is how my squadron started out in IL2, by the way. Yaks for Hurricanes.)

• Upvote 1

Never.. in the field... of human history...

UF-Fa_zpsd9384890.jpg

Quick muck-about (using the free Paint.net, by the way), but doesn't look too bad! The templates make it easy, though!  :cool:

(This is how my squadron started out in IL2, by the way. Yaks for Hurricanes.)

Super Cool Dude, I did a double take.

What font did you use for the RAF Letters & numbers?

Ah, now you've got me. I basically lifted the letters and the decals from the historically based skins we usually use courtesy of our skinners. I know that for 601 Sqn RAAF that's a pretty good fit for the late BoB (apart from my personal "noseart" obviously!). But you'll have to contact our skinners for more info (see sig.)

But doesn't it look like the heart and soul of a Hurri, with the right paintjob and markings? To a man on a galloping horse, as my grandmother used to say...!

Edited by No601_Swallow