smink1701

Post "Kick Ass" Skins Here

Sorry

Skins I dl doesn't work. I dropped the dds files in graphic/skins. I can see the name of skins in the custom menu but they don't appear in the menu. Neither they appear in game but only default skin instead. Any idea ?

Ok solved.

Works fine but have to launch once to see the skin in game and to see it in the hangar after finish mission.

Can you confirm it's still not possible to have a preview of the skin in the custom menu ?

PS : thank you Jason for your answer and your support even to francophone people in English forum. I posted here only by mistake !

PS : thank for you help Extreme One, I love you too. You are welcome in French forums whenever you want. Rude cheers :)

Can you confirm it's still not possible to have a preview of the skin in the custom menu ?

I don´t have a preview of the custom skins in the customizing menu either - so I think this might noch have been implemented.

"Yellow11" or "white11" of 8./JG2 Northern France 1942. I have a profile where it shows it yellow, but in the picture looks more like white, so have them both:

Fw190yellow11JG2.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8kch1xiva036w6q/FW190a3_skin_yellow11.dds

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6btyghsl4fnvft4/FW190a3_skin_white11.dds

Edited by Bearcat
Screens with swasticas must use spoiler tag
  • Upvote 3

Wow, really enjoying these skins.  Thanks for posting guys.

"Yellow11" or "white11" of 8./JG2 Northern France 1942. I have a profile where it shows it yellow, but in the picture looks more like white, so have them both:

Fw190yellow11JG2.jpg

Nice !

And probably yellow:

the Adlerkopf (eagle head)  was only worn by Fw190s of 8. and 9. Staffeln of the III. Gruppe . White is the color of 7. Staffel with  the "chapeau claque" insigna.

Edited by Pierre64

1./JG68 Skin  ;)

post-12566-0-90970800-1419806207_thumb.jpgpost-12566-0-14098800-1419806230_thumb.jpgpost-12566-0-10247000-1419806249_thumb.jpgpost-12566-0-64979200-1419806264_thumb.jpgpost-12566-0-88962800-1419806299_thumb.jpgpost-12566-0-15542300-1419806280_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bearcat
  • Upvote 4

Google Translate solves a lot of problems as well.

Jason

I would agree - it works great for translating a non-English post to English before it gets posted to the English board...  ;)

Happy holidays!

• Upvote 3

Finally got back from my Holidays trip earlier tonight and had to take a quick crack at some BoS skins, just to see how much like RoF it is.  Sure enough, it's pretty much the same, so I whipped up a couple of test skins - first, a replication of my personal "Autumn Wheat" camo scheme for my IL-2 from IL-2 1946 (for eventual use on the hoped-for early Stalingrad battle expansion map):

BoSIL-2PantherAutumnWheat.png

And then a simple whitewash/overspray to convert it to a "Winter Wheat" scheme for later in the battle on the current BoS map:

BoSIL-2PantherWinter2.png

The IL-2 template (only one I've checked so far) looks to be very well done - thanks to Jason and the team for making these quality templates available.  :good:

The one thing that didn't seem to work the same way as RoF was the alpha channel tweaking - I wanted to tone down the shine on these just a bit, but have been unsuccessful so far in using the same approach as I would normally do in RoF.  Perhaps there's something slightly different about the way they approached the alpha channel in BoS, but it's gotten rather late so I'll have to check that out later this week.

• Upvote 2

Some people say the shine comes from 50% grey and the matte comes from white.

took about 6 hours of fiddling to get the LaGG alpha to where i wanted it to go, and my experience (for the LaGG only?!) is Matte=dark grey [not black - black makes u invizibllll]

the white spots are where the paint channels show metal chipping. The alpha being white makes them reflect extremely well in sunlight, like glitter.

glitter.jpg

Alpha.jpg

Edited by Yakdriver
  • Upvote 1

I would agree - it works great for translating a non-English post to English before it gets posted to the English board...  ;)

Happy holidays!

Maybe you can use it to translate your location then?

:P  :biggrin:

Maybe you can use it to translate your location then?

:P  :biggrin:

I could but it seems a bit non sequitur... My personal forum profile is not a direct extension of the English parts of these forums like the English General Discussion board is.

Take it to PM if you have a problem with that.

Edited by FalkeEins

Settle down, petal. Did you not see the smilies? This whole issue has been overblown anyway.

100 % white is matt. If you save your texture without layer mask the alpha channel is completely white. The result is a completely matt texture. The grey levels are more complicated, as there are different shades of matt and shiny spread across.

Example: Max shine for me is a grey tone with 75% white. Now, at some dark grey levels, you ca produce a very similar shine.

The same orks with matt. It seems to appear in form of different greyscales together with 100% white.

I am trying to figure out how to get a polished metal look... I saw an example of it in RoF...  I am thinkig ahead to when I get my Mustang in here... :) ..

...and that is exactly why i suspect the whole shine technology to exist in the first place.
Rumor has it there will be a pacific (japanese metal weatherin skins) addon in 2017, and an attack on japan (B-24/29) expansion pack in 2020.
And by then you reallllly need to polish the birds.
When the BoB (Battle of Berlin) expansion comes in 2022 we will all have it figured out...

:P

Edited by Yakdriver

Is it possible that GIMP screws up the original .psd template when opened? I can tell that there are missing layers or layers with no visible effect at least in the Fw190 and Bf109 F4 template. Here, this is how the F4 template looks like for me when opened with GIMP directly after download. Have a look at the spinner between the two parts of the fuselage (looks like there is a green circle or something). Any ideas, people?

But nonetheless- this is probably going to be the winter skin for my squadron:

bos_109_winter.jpg

Edited by Stab/ZG26-Ruhland
  • Upvote 3

You're squadron is lucky then, because that is a BEAUTIFUL skin, mate!

• Upvote 1

are you sure you want the leading edges to stay grey?
everything else is like the real thing, besides that... i think.

have you got trouble finding these parts on the template maybe?

• Upvote 1

Some personal skins i've been working on.

Your last 190 skin is amazing. Too bad I'm away from home until Jan 1st and can do nothing: no skinning, no testing game and skinviewer, nothinnnnnnng!

For the focke the standard version slipped into my last post. Enjoy:)

post-535-0-86578700-1419891683_thumb.jpg

If only that pülane would fly as awesome as it looks:(

Edited by VSG1_Winger

Am I missing something, or are custom skins available in Quick Missions (or user-made single missions) but not in the SP campaign? The 'Custom' skins option is showing in my QM  'Plane setup' window but isn't there in the campaign equivalent. Seems like an extraordinary situation.

Am I missing something, or are custom skins available in Quick Missions (or user-made single missions) but not in the SP campaign? The 'Custom' skins option is showing in my QM  'Plane setup' window but isn't there in the campaign equivalent. Seems like an extraordinary situation.

Yes, that seems to be the case. I would love to use custom skins in campaign. Great skins everybody by the way!

Yak1b_3_IAK.jpg

That's actually a yak1b dress on a yak1 s69 (lacking a yak1b in game). Question: where can I upload the skin without add spamming (like in abload.de, some adds ok), for free and without registration?

Yes, that seems to be the case. I would love to use custom skins in campaign. Great skins everybody by the way!

Thanks Zami. This is even more bizzare than no padlock in campaign, which the devs have thankfully now enabled.

Look at all this great artwork! Not extending the 'custom skins' enhancement to the SP campaign is denying it to one of the areas where the sim is most in need of improvement. Even if that means (Shock! Horrror!) that the concept of skins being unlocked is watered down some more.

For example, I want to be able to come as close as I can to flying a campaign with a Hungarian staffel, now that we have a truly superb set of skins for that. But I can't use them on my own plane in campaign, and even if I could, my wingmen would be in the default skin. We should be able to choose a custom skin freely for our own plane AND replace the default one for (preferably just) the player's flight. Better still if the unlocks were binned and just opened up instead; it's never too late to change a bad decision.

Hopefully this is on the 1C 'to do' list. 

Edited by 33lima

Is it possible that GIMP screws up the original .psd template when opened? I can tell that there are missing layers or layers with no visible effect at least in the Fw190 and Bf109 F4 template. Here, this is how the F4 template looks like for me when opened with GIMP directly after download. Have a look at the spinner between the two parts of the fuselage (looks like there is a green circle or something). Any ideas, people?

But nonetheless- this is probably going to be the winter skin for my squadron:

bos_109_winter.jpg

Wow, that's a beauty.....

• Upvote 1

Thanks Zami. This is even more bizzare than no padlock in campaign, which the devs have thankfully now enabled.

Look at all this great artwork! Not extending the 'custom skins' enhancement to the SP campaign is denying it to one of the areas where the sim is most in need of improvement. Even if that means (Shock! Horrror!) that the concept of skins being unlocked is watered down some more.

For example, I want to be able to come as close as I can to flying a campaign with a Hungarian staffel, now that we have a truly superb set of skins for that. But I can't use them on my own plane in campaign, and even if I could, my wingmen would be in the default skin. We should be able to choose a custom skin freely for our own plane AND replace the default one for (preferably just) the player's flight. Better still if the unlocks were binned and just opened up instead; it's never too late to change a bad decision.

Hopefully this is on the 1C 'to do' list. 

Keep in mind that the SP campaign was probably designed around the unlockable content. That is probably why you cannot use custom skins. Once the ME is released I think other campaigns will be different as far as skins go.

Question: where can I upload the skin without add spamming (like in abload.de, some adds ok), for free and without registration?

Mediafire works well.  You just have to remember to right-click the download button and select "save target as" to avoid getting buggered about by ads.4

Mediafire works well.  You just have to remember to right-click the download button and select "save target as" to avoid getting buggered about by ads.4

Thanks, Feathered. How does it work with uploading?

FW-190 A4 of Staffelkapitän Horst Hanning  2./JG2, Tiqueville, May 1943.

I got carried away. I noticed it's an A4 only after I did the new eagle head design. :lol: May as well finish it and post it :biggrin: .

the markings in the screenshot have balkenkreuz with the black outline. The uploaded skins have the correct markings.

Get them in the skins download forum.

FW190-A3-21.jpg

2014_12_30_6_52_28.png

2014_12_30_14_36_19.png

2014_12_30_14_38_23.png

gif hosting

Edited by Bearcat
  • Upvote 3

Hi all,

just a try with the nice templates (thx BoS team :) ). Fictionnal skins, still WIP.

mini_3638356429.jpg

mini_7614181250.jpg

• Upvote 1

How about makers sort and name his skins for download:

Historic for the period/scenery

Historic, but other war period and/or scenery

Fictional (as - il-2 (original) tradition - "skate skins).  :lol: