smink1701

Post "Kick Ass" Skins Here

Use the GTP extractor for Rise of Flight.  It was designed by Kegetys, the same person who made Il-2 modding possible.  Very clever guy!

http://www.kegetys.fi/category/gaming/modarchive/

the first Il-2 modding tool was released by a guy called Qtim

Edited by Erg./JG54_Potenz

Both of those names are very familiar to me... Thanks.

Guys this thread is already up to 5 pages and it could turn into a hot mess before it is all said and done.

Please take a look at this thread just posted on the main board.

If you just want to show off your skins by all means .. continue post them here in this thread.. but if you intend to make them available for public use please see the thread linked above.

So can you just slap some insignia down, splash a bit of paint here and there and produce something halfway decent?

It isn't quite that simple..  but close. Skinning in BoS is more like skinning in IL2 than say skinning in DCS. It is easy.. if you have done it beofre .. but it is different.

It works the same as the skins in RoF. The templates are layers with all the details separate. You just need to make a new layer in the space provided and add your preferred markings. Much more professional than the void.bmp files in the old il-2.

• Upvote 1

bsolutely beaufitul, MY kind of skin. Did you use any tricks to get the extra amount of dirt and scratches on the plane's surface????

Thank you  :)

Like i said, im new at this :). The only thing i did intentionally to the weathering, as far as i know :wacko: , was to grey out the insignia's and markings. Just thought i looked better when they didn't look brand new when the rest of the plane is all worn down. The scratches etc. is all stock.

Another grey one (WIP):

bos_109_grau.jpg

Really nice! I liked the first one you showed us too.

• Upvote 1

Downloadable in the G2 sub-section of the forum, Yellow 8

post-22725-0-88243000-1419712381_thumb.jpg

post-22725-0-36231500-1419712384_thumb.jpg

Nothing too fancy - just messing around a bit with the template and the skin viewer for the first time.

Skin was originally from a G and I changed the colors so they would fit better in the winter theatre - think I´ll do some research and when I find enough I´ll do a few historical skins.

pECzwRr.png

MwCIFbJ.png

QMVPxwV.png

6Q3Q3xb.png

cmaPhhH.png

• Upvote 7

Almost finished, Oblt. Siegfried Schnell's Fw 190 A-3 (W.Nr. 5281), of 9./JG 2 Richtofen, based in Théville, France, Spring 1942.

Usual RLM 75/75/79 camo with some mottling and a light oversray of RLM 02 Grau on the fuselage sides, generally not visible on B&W photographs, but seen on some color pictures.

190_Schnell.jpg

Edited by Bearcat
Screens with swasticas must use spoiler tag
  • Upvote 5

Thanks Jaws.

Do you know we were both wrong? It's an A-2, Stammkenzeichen CI+ YO, made by Arado, Warnemünde. ;)

Doesn't matter. Too sexy. Must have a skin. :lol:

Edited by Jaws2002

Salut Pierrot et meilleurs vœux !

Ton Fw-190A-3 est une réalisation "brillante" !! Fais nous en encore des commak !!!!

Amitiés

DAN

J'ai un souci

J'ai téléchargé des fichiers de skins des mis en ligne et les ai installés dans le répertoire graphic/skins du jeu. Pourtant je ne parviens pas à les utiliser quand je lance une mission dans le QMB. Les titres des skins apparaissent bien dans le menu custom mais pas leur aperçu. En jeu je me retrouve avec la skin par défaut.

Quelqu'un a-t-il une idée ?

here's another 109:

BF 190 F4./JG54 "Grüherz"

Yellow 5 -unknown pilot.

Siwerskaja - Russia

January 1942

109%2BJG54.png

Thanks to Adlerhorst-Hangar.com for the original paint!

Edited by Bearcat
Screens with swasticas must use spoiler tag
  • Upvote 6

Sorry

Skins I dl doesn't work. I dropped the dds files in graphic/skins. I can see the name of skins in the custom menu but they don't appear in the menu. Neither they appear in game but only default skin instead. Any idea ?

I stand corrected, thanks!

Here's a simple one.  Lilya Litvak's Yellow-44

Thanks! Lovely. Just made that in 1/48! I had to put on a blonde wig to fly it. That's what a hardcore simmer does, I'm afraid.

Sorry

Skins I dl doesn't work. I dropped the dds files in graphic/skins. I can see the name of skins in the custom menu but they don't appear in the menu. Neither they appear in game but only default skin instead. Any idea ?

Il faut être connecté en mode offline pour voir les skins dans le jeu

You have to log in offline mode to see custom skins in game.

You have to log in offline mode to see custom skins in game.

That's not correct, custom skins work in online mode just fine. Make sure the skins are not in graphics/skin directory, but in a subdirectory of the plane you want. E.g. graphics/skins/Bf109F4 for a Bf 109 F-4 skin.

That's not correct, custom skins work in online mode just fine. Make sure the skins are not in graphics/skin directory, but in a subdirectory of the plane you want. E.g. graphics/skins/Bf109F4 for a Bf 109 F-4 skin.

Sorry, I just checked and you are correct.

F/JG300_Touch, you have to select "Custom" on the top of the skins selector.

F/JG300_Touch, il faut sélectionner l'onglet "Custom" au dessus de l'écran de sélection des skins.

Edited by Nonolem

Thanks! Lovely. Just made that in 1/48! I had to put on a blonde wig to fly it. That's what a hardcore simmer does, I'm afraid.

Sweet.  Better get a chin strap for that wig though.  Winter version is on the way!   ;)

Screenshot9259_zps82da2d6a.jpg

Screenshot128079_zps96ab3b45.jpg

Screenshot139405_zps99975231.jpg

• Upvote 4

Touch - Si le nom est trop longue, on ne peut pas l'utiliser en jeu. Changez-vous le nom à quelque chose plus court. Peut-etre ça vous aiderai.

Here´s a simple one - Black Double Chevron flown by Hautpmann Rudolf Busch 1943 in Russia (download in the A3 skin section)

lQd0qBa.jpg

CWKvnN2.jpg

ZtpIHYt.jpg

• Upvote 1

Why do people keep posting in other languages in the English forum?

It comes across as rude IMO.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to PM or direct the recipient to the forum for their native tongue?

Users can post in whatever language they feel comfortable with even in the "english" section. Not everyone speaks decent english. Google Translate solves a lot of problems as well.

Great looking skins everyone! Keep em' coming!

Jason

• Upvote 4

Why do people keep posting in other languages in the English forum?

It comes across as rude IMO.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to PM or direct the recipient to the forum for their native tongue?

Va te faire sauter.

See!Doesn't need to be rude!

• Upvote 1

Nice work everyone !  The skins that caught my eye especially were from ZG26_Ruhland as well as those 190 skins that were displayed. 

Lots of great skins here. Can't wait to try my hand at it when I finally get done traveling.

Great looking skins everyone! Keep em' coming!

Jason

Good looking Planes there 777&co, keep 'em coming!

matte2.jpg

Thank Jason_Williams for his friendly intervention, following remarks somewhat "fair play" the friend Extreme_One. Indeed, it is not practical to be "forced" to use the forum of our mother tongue when the subject that interests us is not there!
No hard feelings.
friendships
DAN

Pour les francophones :

Je tiens à remercier Jason_Williams pour son intervention amicale, suite aux remarques peu "fair-play" de l'ami Extreme_One. En effet, il n'est pas pratique d'être "obligé" d'user du forum de notre langue maternelle lorsque le sujet  qui nous intéresse n'y figure pas !
Sans rancune.
Amitiés
DAN

There is a slight displacement in the original template of the yak, concerning the camouflage of the upper fuselage side. Anybody corrected this?

See the grey pattern on the lower edge of the sliding canopy hood on this personal skin (wip). It is worse on the other side (sorry no screen available yet)

post-4400-0-33356100-1419792808_thumb.jpg

Edited by sturmkraehe

Here are some shots of the winter variants of our skins.

Once i got em all done for all squadmates ill post em all for download.

post-535-0-78168200-1419793422_thumb.jpgpost-535-0-72421400-1419793430_thumb.jpgpost-535-0-01825300-1419793437_thumb.jpgpost-535-0-70663600-1419793441_thumb.jpg