Zak

Skin templates links

Yak-1b template won't be ready till next week after I return home. It takes a couple days to prepare the template for public use.

Jason

• Upvote 5

Aww, dammit!
But okay, i can live with that.

Thanks for letting us know that it does exist and will be published.
:good:

• Upvote 1

I'm like
"if Jason could make the template available today before he goes offline, he would save my bloody weekend"
and
"just delete the NSFW layers and presto"

:)

I have not had time to make the template yet. Very busy with many things. I hope to have it this weekend.

Jason

• Upvote 5

Thanks for the update Jason.

I think we all appreciate the range of demands on your time as much as your commitment to getting the template published. In your own good time mate, as we say on our little island.

Without wanting to add to your workload in any way - and I really mean that; would it be possible to produce a template that's compaible with CS2? I know that you futuristic types with your 21st century software may find this laughable, but some of us are actually as poor and backwards as we joke about being.

Kindest regards,

JR :salute:

[...]

Without wanting to add to your workload in any way - and I really mean that; would it be possible to produce a template that's compaible with CS2? I know that you futuristic types with your 21st century software may find this laughable, but some of us are actually as poor and backwards as we joke about being. [...]

Ahoy, sailor! :salute:  What about trying this: https://www.gimp.org/ :)

Thanks for the update Jason.

I think we all appreciate the range of demands on your time as much as your commitment to getting the template published. In your own good time mate, as we say on our little island.

Without wanting to add to your workload in any way - and I really mean that; would it be possible to produce a template that's compaible with CS2? I know that you futuristic types with your 21st century software may find this laughable, but some of us are actually as poor and backwards as we joke about being.

Kindest regards,

JR :salute:

You can download Adobe CC 2017 for $19.00 USD per/mo. I am a student so I got all of the programs they offer, every single one for $15.00 USD per/mo. Or you can buy a yearly license for about $250.00 USD

and thats exactly the problem we are trying to get around.
These 250 are *not*...*available*.
(Reason does not matter.)

• Upvote 1

With CS2 I've had a few issues with layer grouping and layer group properties in the templates published here. I get a message on opening some templates that says the file contains unsupported features, and with a couple of templates I've had to ungroup some layers, or kick a specfic layer out of a group and have it on its own. I do most of my work in paintshop pro 8 (jasc 2004, not the current corel X8 version) and some templates will also open fine, while others will not.

I must say at this point though that I have no formal schooling in graphics, and only discovered ungrouping as a fix by messing around. If I re-save a PS template after sorting out the grouping I can then open it in PSP8, but it's a bit like feeling around in the dark.

As for pay-to-use software, I usually don't go near it. If I had a spare $250 I'd buy my son BoM, and my friend would be getting Kuban for Christmas.

In the case of GIMP, i take my hat off to anyone who has mastered its intricacies, but unless they have a UI emulation for PSP it takes me 5 times longer to get anything done. Whenever I have to make the most of my free time to get things work in a presentable state, I keep going back to what I know best - the path of least resistance. I have the utmost respect for GIMP users, they are helping the fight-back against monopoly imposed "industry standard" and I hope one day they'll inherrit the earth (or at least a fancy looking 2d version). In the meantime, I'm probably best hanging on where I'm most productive. I have less time in front of me than behind me now!

:salute: JR

• Upvote 1

It's a beauty! Thankyou so much. Well worth the wait :biggrin:

:salute:  JR

Edited by Johnny-Red

I won't be motivated to get back into skinning until I can load a 4K skin...and since it's coming I suppose I can get started on a 4K file.

Not sure any of these aircraft have me quite motivated enough to start that project from scratch however...creating rivets...every little detail.

P-40 maybe...hmmm...

Might have to wait for the Zeke and Wildcat. I'll be cranking a few of those out though no doubt.

I hope that the G4 template will come out fast . :):)

Ju-52 template as well :)

I hope that the G4 template will come out fast . :)  :)

+1. Pretty please for G-4 also.

Guys,

I'm slammed this week. I hope to have the new Ju-52 and G-4 ready over the weekend.

Jason

• Upvote 1

Guys,

I'm slammed this week. I hope to have the new Ju-52 and G-4 ready over the weekend.

Jason

This Christmas time, my dear, you should take some holliday, let's get those template in january, and thanks for the 2.006 and the great job you've done.

Merry Christmas