Pe-2 Series 87

Yak-1 Series 69

Bf-109 F4

Bf-109 G2

Fw-190 A3

He-111 H6

Ju-87 D

I-16 Type 24

Ju-52 (new template being worked on for flyable)

MC-202 Series VIII

P-40 E-1

Bf-109 E7

Bf-110 E2

Mig-3 Series 24

Pe-2 Series 35

Bf-109 F2

IL-2M 1941

Ju-88 A4

Yak-1B Series 127

Bf-109 G4

Bf-110 G2

And one more thing - if you post a picture with a historical skin that you made and if that skin has a swastika - please, put it under spoiler.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 24

Would be cool if some kind soul could do an idiots guide to skinning for those that have never done it before.

I have checked out the skin viewer and it is pretty neat, just got to figure out how to make a new one.

Mick. :)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! Your ma heroooooo Broooooooooooooo! 

Thanks a 1000 and 1 times!

Would be cool if some kind soul could do an idiots guide to skinning for those that have never done it before.

I have checked out the skin viewer and it is pretty neat, just got to figure out how to make a new one.

Mick. :)

@ Mick: check out this site http://simmerspaintshop.com/

and look for the upper left link column, stating "Tutorials". SPS is the site if you want to learn the secrets of skinning.

And it's easy, even I learned it. ;)  Just takes a little patience.

BTW: Merry X-Mas to y'all! :salute::biggrin:

Edited by SK_Bearkiller72
  • Upvote 1

I need the Pe-2 template

Zsolt

Indeed, the template is there. A fourth link from above. :salute:

Wanna say "thank you developers!" for great templates. And for excellent representation of paints colors for both axis and allies.
Really great colors! I mean "summer" cammos.

I know this is a big ask, but will there be an I-16 template available any time soon?

Now I've flown it I just have to paint it!

Regards :)

JR

Hi guys,

Any chance to get the template of the I-16?

Thanks

• Upvote 1

I'll finish preparing the Ju52 when I get back from vacation. Not sure we will release I16 before final release. I will talk to the guys about it.

Jason

I'll finish preparing the Ju52 when I get back from vacation. Not sure we will release I16 before final release. I will talk to the guys about it. Jason

Excellent news thank you very much Jason . happy Holidays :salute:  ;)

I noticed the default skin on the G2 has changed to a darker one than the one we had before.

Is it possible to get this new public skin as a .psd file as well?

The I-16 type 24 Skin Template has been added to the above list.

Ju-52 coming tomorrow.

Jason

• Upvote 2

The Ju-52 Skin Template has been added to the list above.

Jason

Dang it!  I just managed to finish my personal I-16 skins and was planning to take the rest of the evening off till the Ju-52 template got here tomorrow, and now here it is.  

You're killing me Jason   :biggrin:

BTW - the I-16 template was very nicely done and for the most part easy to work with - I'm not sure why the numbers/letters on the rudder get flipped backwards though (I noticed that something like that happened on a couple of the RoF templates as well - wonder what makes that happen?).  That tripped me up the first time through, but I was eventually able to flip them around in PhotoShop so they come out OK on the in-game aircraft.

Thanks for getting these templates up so quickly  :salute:

You typically need Photoshop and the nVidia plugin so you can save in .dds format.

Jason

Alternatively you can use Gimp (free, download latest version from their homepage). It is similar to Photoshop and both are well capeable of making skin for BoS. It's personal preferrence which one to use.

Hey Jason - not sure if this was intentional (or just didn't have time or whatever), but while the Ju-52 template seemed to work fine and was easy to use to create a good-looking skin, I was surprised it didn't seem to have a wire frame/mapping layer like the others do (or if it's there, I missed it - it was getting pretty late by the time I finished that set of skins up last night).

Thanks for the explanation - certainly not a problem (I don't even want to think about how many RoF skins I made before I realized there was such a thing as a wireframe layer or how helpful it could be), and it was easy enough to create my personal Ju-52 skins without one last night (the template is full of other very useful and well-crafted layers). I was just curious.