Zak

Game version 1.008 discussion

Well.. Let's see.. I have not played IL2 (original) going on two years plus now.. Have not played CoD in over a year.. Been playing RoF alot for the past couple of years, with about a six month break..

So, had some time to kill this xmas and I figured I would see how BoS is doing..

I have planed more BoS this weekend than I have since it initial beta release.. And I must say it is coming along nicely!

Granted the plane set is limited, that is to be expected, it kind of feels like the initial IL2 days about circa 1999..

Think I dl a few skins and see how they look, in that from what I can tell that is the latest update

• Upvote 1

Is this the Ace of aces? Meaning the original? If so glad to see you are enjoying BoS. I have found that it is indeed a very enjoyable sim and I think it will be just fine.

• Upvote 1

Anyone have a clue if we can replace the default skins for the AI?  I'd love to be able to make all the German planes fly with historically accurate skins as opposed to just mine.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Gun sounds in the city, eh?

I suppose that's a step closer to a feature they said they wouldn't add - a ground war for Stalingrad.

Hear, hear.

So, in your mind it's wrong to add some ambience to the game? 

Geez, if you dislike the game that much, then move along already.

• Upvote 1

So, in your mind it's wrong to add some ambience to the game? 

Geez, if you dislike the game that much, then move along already.

I think you are misinterpreting his comment.  Sounded to me like he thought it was a good thing and was looking for more to come.

• Upvote 1

Where is this christmas tree!!?? i cant find it :(

It's at the front of the plane in the hanger, you have to wait for the screen to rotate right round.

Some excellent pics here in this update, I made a few with the Gimp :) Worked great!

Here is a couple, these are fiction based.

Screenies: :salute:

post-12377-0-52290600-1419787764_thumb.jpg post-12377-0-98218200-1419788184_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I think you are misinterpreting his comment. Sounded to me like he thought it was a good thing and was looking for more to come.

You are correct. :)

I don't humor [Edited] that follow me so I didn't respond to the pedantic comment myself... That and his posts are ignored since they are typically one liners that contribute equally as "little" as criticism of confused "features" like barking dogs.

Moderated 12/29/2014

Please refrain from name calling.

• Upvote 1

In terms of visibility there is still the bug that planes at medium distance disappear when in front of a cloud.

I also think that the contrast with the sky as background needs to be improved. In particularly the 109 almost disappears visually and this already at 300m distance. This is not realistic. 

Edited by sturmkraehe

This is an excellent update: to a very good game.

Can whatever lovely code that does the missions please get a check to see if the mission target is flying at the same alt as the clouds? And then NOT make it a mission?

Thank you.  :huh:

Trying to find Il2s that fly at 500m while the unbroken cloud cover is smack at 500m as well is impossible. Oh sure you can find them at a distance because they clip through the "fuzzy" layers of the clouds, but as long as you're not able to get the killshot in at well beyond 400m distance there's no way to get them.

I think enhancing the antialiasing with your GPU solves this flickering. At least it did for me with Nvidia. Yes it's a noticeable problem.

That's not the problem though...

You will notice that it's the fact that the mission logic built it in such a way that the AI flies smack in the middle of the unbroken clouds where you can't find them. Easy enough to fix and now that I know it likes to do that I can easily avoid it anyway.

And by the way "improving the flickering" would in this case mean I would never be able to see them in any case. :happy:

That's not the problem though...

You will notice that it's the fact that the mission logic built it in such a way that the AI flies smack in the middle of the unbroken clouds where you can't find them. Easy enough to fix and now that I know it likes to do that I can easily avoid it anyway.

And by the way "improving the flickering" would in this case mean I would never be able to see them in any case. :happy:

But wouldn't real bomber pilots have wanted to use the cloud cover to protect themselves from devilish hunters like yourself?

And navigate using sonar or something. Genius!

No, because they wouldn't see anything. Make a QM with full cloud cover, fly into it and see how well you can avoid and react  :P

No, because they wouldn't see anything. Make a QM with full cloud cover, fly into it and see how well you can avoid and react  :P

Lol.  Well of course they'd use sonar!  What else would you use to navigate when surrounded by water.  :biggrin:

Edited by Lupus

game/date/graphics/skins/ name of the plane

Sorry,but:

Program Files (x86)/.....?

First - based on experience with RoF it's probably better that you not install BoS to the "program files" folder - I'd suggest installing it somewhere else, such as C:\Games.

Second, regardless of where you installed BoS, assuming that you did not change the name of your main BoS installation folder, the correct path for a Stuka skin (for example) would be the following:

... \IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\graphics\skins\Ju87D3

Similarly, the correct path for an IL-2 skin would be:

... \IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\graphics\skins\IL2M42

and so on for each of the other plane types.

Edited by TG-55Panthercules

I have read another place IL2 BOS for Tablets , Ipad ... And game plane sim adjust at mouse for laptops and Pc ...

THATS very Good idea by the way you have a Tablet a IPad and and option you can see with the Tablet the couse of the battle ...

And get informed about the position of your allies and the enemy ...

May be you can see only the dates for example number of axis vs allies but you do not enter in the game by the moment in the GAME for the capacity of the Tablet and you see points of axis and allies and how is the couse of any battle or all the battles and the time for Finish resting for the Battle ... And you see all that scores dates in the tablet and you see now I have the information of a wafe airplane attack I go to my super Pc with the track-ir or Oculus DK2 or CV1 or DK4 ... In futere coming my joytick Hotas... Warthog ...

And I have information of a wafe attac number of axis vs allies , time remaining points of axis and allies with Ipad or Tablet and now is the time to enter with my super PC Computer ...

Hi all!

Download this, unpack it to the game /data folder and connect to the "-DED-Happy New Year" srever :)

Happy New Year, pilots, from crazy russians map-makers! :drinks:

32393801.jpg

• Upvote 2

What formats can be saved in the skins?

The skins must be saved as .dds files - if you're using PhotoShop and the nVidia .dds plug-in, the settings are as set forth in the screenshot below:

BoS-ddssavingsettings.jpg

They would nav using dead reckoning...

Hi all!

Download this, unpack it to the game /data folder and connect to the "-DED-Happy New Year" srever :)

Happy New Year, pilots, from crazy russians map-makers! :drinks:

nice big tree :)

Hey! Happy holiday everyone!

What do you guys think of adding in a JU-88 German Bomber Plane?

This would be pretty AWESOME and really enjoyable!

And under WW2 and The Battle Of Stalingrad one of the most used german bomber planes was the JU-88.

The reason my mate doesnt play this game is because of this.

This would be really cool is you added this plane into the game.

I really hope you guy read this comment and do us the big favoure.

TheJU88Man :)

ingame sounds I set to 35% and interface off I save settings. restart game and the setting are not saving.

fixed

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

Bug of loose connection from master-server at the end of one is still there.

There has been a good improvement in the AI. Thank you very much for all your efforts.

Now if we could add more animated personnel in the campaign, and enrich the airfield activity that would be great.

The skin viewer is excellent. Next the FMB but I understand that is a different matter.

If we give enough time things happen in the end.

I am starting to be more positive about the future of this game. It may become the true heir to the initial IL2.

Continue the good job guys and have a fantastic 2015 year.

• Upvote 1

Did someone notice this new AI behavior? I see this everytime and not only this.

5ebyermmng3c.jpg

What happend here with the clouds here?

gzv35wbukd9f.jpg

What happend here with the clouds here?

gzv35wbukd9f.jpg

Clouds, what's wrong with you?

_MG_8207%281%29_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=  

0502101016.jpg

• Upvote 5

Played around with the 190 a bit in the campaign unlocks grinding bit of the game.

Has anyone else noticed that there's ALWAYS one wingman who will speed past you, pull up vertically, stall and crash?

Every single mission this happened to me so far.

Maybe this is just the AI being unable to cope with how I take off similar to what happened when you slow down after rolling, but it's always just one guy and I don't see how I could go any faster than full throttle and nose down ASAP.

Edited by wellenbrecher

Okay, I'm not going to make it a dev blog entry and I'll just post these screenshots here in the version discussion. In a word, behold Ju 52 in flight. And it's going to take just a few weeks to prepare it for release.

ju52_1.jpg       ju52_2.jpg       ju52_3.jpg

• Upvote 8

Thanks Zak!

Question asked in french forum: will the Ju-52 be skinnable although not flyable?

Edited by PA-Sniv

will the Ju-52 be skinnable although not flyable?

Yes, sure