Sign in to follow this  
Sternjaeger

Thank you for the Macchi 202 news!

I have been away for a while, but saw the news on Facebook and had to come and say great job guys!

If you need any sort of information on how the Macchi or other italian aircraft work (I have loads of manuals and can explain all the systems and sub-systems, details etc..) just let me know. In the past I helped Oleg with his Br.20 and I'd love to see the Italian fleet properly represented in this new sim.

Cheers

SJ

P.S.

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing fine :-)

• Upvote 9

Hello mate, Mrs.Sternjaeger and I have been busy with a house move and renovation work (which is not even complete yet!). I'm hoping to be fully operative in the new year, but I haven't flown a sim in a while, and I'm staring to develop withdrawal symptoms!  :pilot:

The Macchi 202 news was my Xmas present really, but what did I miss? It's good to see there are a lot of new members, is any other of the old guard peeps MIA? 

SJ

Edited by Sternjaeger

Ok so regarding this aircraft are we not getting it for BOS any time soon now then?.... Will we have to wait and PURCHASE BOM to get it?...  :(  :dry:  Really don't see why they have made BOM, as an expansion map I would agree for its development but with a different plane set, I disagree.... I wish to be able to buy planes from the BOM plane set independently and fly them in the BOS I have already paid for...  :blink:

had you taken the TIME to read the forum, you would know that you can get the 202 separately, and slap it onto your BoS.

but taking the time is in the way of ranting around, so screw that, lets get to the rantin g part straight away.

'aight?

• Upvote 1

Ok so regarding this aircraft are we not getting it for BOS any time soon now then?.... Will we have to wait and PURCHASE BOM to get it?...  :(  :dry:  Really don't see why they have made BOM, as an expansion map I would agree for its development but with a different plane set, I disagree.... I wish to be able to buy planes from the BOM plane set independently and fly them in the BOS I have already paid for...  :blink:

You can. 

Ah you have not understood my question (My fault I should of been more clear) I know you can purchase the 202 separately as it is a premium plane once BOM is released, i was asking will we have to wait until March for it, as I understand it has already been in development for a while...  :wacko:    The 2nd part of my post was talking about "standard" aircraft such as the Mig 3, will we be able to purchase them separately or will we have to buy the entire BOM to get access to those standard planes! (I personally thing a ROF system where you purchase the planes you want type approach would be much better!)  Cheers  :salute:

No.
BoM is a new BoS.

so the standard planes come as a package. all or none.
and the extras come individually as EXTRAS. For BoM. When BoM is there, you can also Buy the Extras.

Else they would not be announced with BoM, as an part of BoM, but they would be anounced as an addon that you can buy sometime, someplace, à la RoF.
There is no simple "Plane shop" for BoS where you pick what you want... where planes get available as soon as they are finished. :)

be patient, grasshopper.
Q3 2015

Edited by Yakdriver

:huh:  :(  Ok then... I was just wondering is all, If BOM is going to be completely in sync with BOS to me it would make sense to have it ROF style.. But this way I guess they will make more money (potentially)  :wacko: . My wallet is already complaining  :salute:

:huh:  :(  Ok then... I was just wondering is all, If BOM is going to be completely in sync with BOS to me it would make sense to have it ROF style.. But this way I guess they will make more money (potentially)  :wacko: . My wallet is already complaining  :salute:

With RoF they were going with a per plane model. With BoS they are going with a package of aircraft plus select premium aircraft as well. Both models have their merits... but IMHO I'd rather just pay for the package plus the single player campaign content to go with it. I feel like I'm getting more for my money if I'm buying more than just a plane but a whole production of aircraft, theatre specific objects, the maps, tanks, vehicles to shoot at, etc.

I just don't understand the reasoning for bringing out the Mc.202 with this campaign pack. The Italians were outside Stalingrad, on the Don front. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited that my favorite airplane of WW2 is being included, but they were never at Moscow, they operated in the Ukraine and Southern fronts. It should have been included with the BoS pack, because I don't see how the dev's can put it into a campaign in the upcoming release of Moscow, which is a bit of a disappointment for me.

Edited by Ramp_Rat

Guys,

We are doing two things with our content. 

1. We are building one battle or "theater" at a time and the plane-set within that is historical.

2. We are also building additional planes (Premium) that we know many users would like to fly, but may not have been a regular combatant for the exact theater we are working on but did see action on the Eastern Front at some point in time.

That's all we are doing. The Premium planes also gives us an opportunity to build planes we the team also find interesting and who knows, at some point they may be a part of other combat areas we build that are outside of Russia sometime down the road.

Jason

• Upvote 12

I like that idea. Having the odd wildcard type as a premium buy. Makes it interesting and hopefully gives some of the rarer birds a look in too.

• Upvote 1

Guys,

1. We are building one battle or "theater" at a time and the plane-set within that is historical.

2. We are also building additional planes (Premium) that we know many users would like to fly, but may not have been a regular combatant for the exact theater we are working on but did see action on the Eastern Front at some point in time.

That's all we are doing. The Premium planes also gives us an opportunity to build planes we the team also find interesting and who knows, at some point they may be a part of other combat areas we build that are outside of Russia sometime down the road.

Jason

Rumour has it that a F4U-1a was seen over Moscow along with an A6m3 Zeke :-)

Cheers

Mj

• Upvote 2

Guys,

Jason

I like this approach.

I'm pretty happy with how this approach has worked so far. The Premium choices have been excellent ones and they really do help add to the entertainment value. None of them have been outlandish so hey don't break the immersion for me at all.

Excited to see both the MC.202 and P-40E kicking around in Battle for Moscow!

Edited by ShamrockOneFive

I hope we will see variants of the Macchi and P-40 on a mediterranian map in the future?

It's not needed, at least for the Macchi 202. BoM Macchi will be good for all the MED scenaries.

ETO Macchi was an MTO Macchi.

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro

It's not needed, at least for the Macchi 202. BoM Macchi will be good for all the MED scenaries.

ETO Macchi was an MTO Macchi.

Curious what series production on the MC.202 we're likely to see. An Earlier Series III perhaps? Figured you might know :)

Edited by ShamrockOneFive

I like this approach.

Me too. It might bring some favorite aircraft to the table long before they might have otherwise. Hopefully this will help to fund those planes that are historically accurate to a given scenario so that they might be included in the future.

Edited by Rjel

Guys,

Jason

I like this approach very much.

The C.202 of all series were basically the same, as said in this post

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13540-macchi-202205/page-5

In Russia were serie VIII aircraft, built by breda Factory.. looking at pictures, all aircraft have the early type tailwheel (with front and rear fairings) and have no bulletproof windscreen, while on some photos we can see the internal rearview mirror  ;)

Interesting info. I'm less well read on the type so I don't know the identifying marks between different series production. All I know is that the later models added two extra Breda light machine guns on the wings.

Interesting info. I'm less well read on the type so I don't know the identifying marks between different series production. All I know is that the later models added two extra Breda light machine guns on the wings.

yes, but often the machineguns were removed on fields...  ;)