voncrapenhauser

Model Pilot

Not finished but Im working on VII C/41.

DSC_0006_zpshr169fa5.jpeg

DSC_0007_zpspbgkyhli.jpeg

DSC_0003_zpse6fvwfob.jpeg

Regards.

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 10

More of YoYo's awesome U-boat can be seen here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2360784#post2360784

I love the detail you've put on it - the G7e being stowed is probably my favourite touch :salute:

---------------------

On another note, here's Airfix's 2016 catalogue: http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2016.html?utm_campaign=834379_Airfix%20-%202016%20launch&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Hornby%20PLC&utm_content=New%202016&_%24ja=tsid%3A71284&dm_i=2DJZ,HVT7,423S44,15V1J,1

That Fokker E.II is probably what I'm looking forward to the most, but the B-17 G will probably be the favourite :)

Edited by Cybermat47

I was looking at a Catalina in the model store.... but... somehow I  managed to mess up and take home something completely different.

ive done that a few times myself... :P

Thanks for the comments everyone. :)

YoYo that is excellent work , i looked in the link cyber provided, outstanding stuff.

You know how it is sallee- each of us knows precisely where he messed up during the build and when one looks back on the completed model, one knows precisely where to look for those ugly little things :) The pictures I took hid a lot of those.

Then again there are people who don´t mess up anything. Gosh I hope I will belong to this group one day.

Oh well, time to open the next box...

Looks the business STN, i like the scheme you have done this in as well, Top Job....

Great work everybody.  I'm enjoying a return to model making too.  Particularly for 1/144th scale aircraft.  Below are a couple of shots of some subjects on the go.  A Fairey Battle and a Do-217J.  Long way to go, but progress has been good so far...

IMG_6734_zps0vtks9zz.jpg

IMG_69782_zpsolyrcrvm.jpg

IMG_7495_zpskyjs3e20.jpg

IMG_7595_zps7ooxat9e.jpg

IMG_7678_zpsckyfquns.jpg

IMG_7655_zps32ydfaif.jpg

• Upvote 5

Blimey, Feathered. If the other thing doesn't make you go blind, this might. Great work.

Cool looking Komet STN.... :clapping:

Feathered i cant work in that scale , its not my eyes there tip top its my sausage fingers thats the problem... :lol:   Looking good so far m8.

Respect, Feathered. I can´t imagine doing 1/144. The 1/72 is difficult enough for me :)

Great work everybody.  I'm enjoying a return to model making too.  Particularly for 1/144th scale aircraft.  Below are a couple of shots of some subjects on the go.  A Fairey Battle and a Do-217J.  Long way to go, but progress has been good so far...

1/144 hm?  :huh: Respect, especially cocpit in this size is really mad.  :cool: Excellent work, looking forward to finished models.

Edited by II./JG1_Baron

Thanks guys.  I'm glad you liked them.  Looking forward to getting the Dornier finished during the Christmas break.

The radar aerials were about as small as I ever want to go again.  Each vertical piece of the H-shaped arrays are only 1.1mm high and the majority are soldered in place.  40 solder joins in all and another 16 in epoxy to complete the four FuG202 assemblies...  Bloody well stick to day fighters next time.  :ph34r:  

Don't know why you bothered with the detail. You can't see them in the dark.

Edited by sallee
  • Upvote 1

...and since we won´t get this one in BoS/BoM anytime soon, I have started working on this plump beauty :)

Excellent work there with the photo etch and extra wiring....Nice!

Not finished but Im working on VII C/41.

DSC_0006_zpshr169fa5.jpeg

DSC_0007_zpspbgkyhli.jpeg

DSC_0003_zpse6fvwfob.jpeg

Regards.

Kool U boat ...makes my 72nd one look silly ..graet job.

1/72 Messerschmitt Me 262A-1a "Schwalbe"

Phew. Finally finished. Started off so nicely and ended up... well... not so nicely :)

Nice....I love the 262 design.

Blimey, Feathered. If the other thing doesn't make you go blind, this might. Great work.

Ditto I have touble finding the box in 144th.Excellent job.

I'm full of admiration for all the work shown in this thread as I have neither the talent nor ability to do.  Some really fantastic work on show here. :salute:

Thanks guys.  I'm glad you liked them.  Looking forward to getting the Dornier finished during the Christmas break.

The radar aerials were about as small as I ever want to go again.  Each vertical piece of the H-shaped arrays are only 1.1mm high and the majority are soldered in place.  40 solder joins in all and another 16 in epoxy to complete the four FuG202 assemblies...  Bloody well stick to day fighters next time.  :ph34r:  

@Feathered; 144 scale?  Wow!  If you ever find that working in this scale fails to meet some deep masochistic need, can I recommend one of these;

http://www.banggood.com/Hisky-HCP100S-6CH-2_4Ghz-Dual-Brushless-RC-Helicopter-With-New-X-6S-p-963645.html

With your skills in working with precious metals you'd be a natural!  Since taking up RC choppers my soldering skills have come on in leaps and bounds :wacko:

Ah, a scale modelling topic ! :D

Some really nice work here :)

Personnaly, I only use paint brushes, no airbrush :)

Here are my latest models :

1/48 ICM Spitfire Mk IXc

img_4327.jpg

img_4330.jpg

img_4332.jpg

And more related to BoS, I'm currently working on a two seater Il-2, from Academy, at 1/72nd sclae, with a lot of PE, and scratch added :

img_4512.jpg

img_4516.jpg

I hope you like them :)

• Upvote 6

Thanks ! :)

Quite some stuff going wrong on the Il-2 though, the flaps are wrong, and the armament panels as well :) But still a nice kit :)

Jirokoh you are a master of the paint brush , takes a lot of patience to get a finish like that using just brushes.. top job m8.

Jirokoh you are a master of the paint brush , takes a lot of patience to get a finish like that using just brushes.. top job m8.

Wow, thank you very much for your comment !  :blink: But some use paint brushes way better then I do :)

Another one finished :)

1:72 Eduard- Avia B-534 series 4

post-20943-0-17443900-1454536453_thumb.jpg

post-20943-0-94725900-1454536460_thumb.jpg

post-20943-0-96348500-1454536467_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Beautiful subject and beautifully executed. Just the right sheen and lovely crisp finish. You know it's gone right when it looks bigger than it is.

That Fokker E.II is probably what I'm looking forward to the most, but the B-17 G will probably be the favourite :)

The E. II is out now!

Thanks. Am not quite sure about the colour though. The instructions depict a darker, more greenish tone. On the other hand, the picture shows something completely different. I decided to go with the picture.

I just finished my U-48 model, and I have the Bismarck ready to work on, a Type IX C and U.S.S. Balao in the mail, and hopefully K-123 for my birthday this year :)

That U-boat is amazing! 

Here's another of my efforts in 1/144 scale.  Going for speed this time and started this about three weeks ago.  It's Eduard's clipped-wing IX, converted to Geoffrey Wellum's Mk1.

Still got a ways to go yet, but it has been great fun and I'm fairly pleased with the finish considering its only about 6cm long.

Spit-1%2011_zpstst833ze.jpg

Spit-1%2010_zpsislkenhc.jpg

• Upvote 5