voncrapenhauser

Model Pilot

Nice La7, I think its harder to build nice kits in 72nd scale.

I build larger scale models as my eyes are not getting any younger lol.

1:24th Trumpeter A6m2 Zero.

I have a Rufe in same scale I want to do too.

post-1110-0-81297600-1430751596_thumb.jpg

post-1110-0-37702500-1430751612_thumb.jpg

post-1110-0-61225400-1430751627_thumb.jpg

post-1110-0-08696500-1430751642_thumb.jpg

post-1110-0-00072000-1430751658_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Gorgeous as usual!

Did nothing to my Roc for ages, but just about done now.

post-12135-0-16284400-1430762410_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Im think of a making JU88 later on in the year, what scheme are you thinking of doing for yours cybermat .

I'm going to make mine in the colour scheme of 9K+DS from 8./KG 51 :)

Gorgeous as usual!

Did nothing to my Roc for ages, but just about done now.

I don't know what it is, but that ugly bird really gets my Rocs off.

Well done!

Me too! I love ugly planes for some reason. P-51s are just boring to me.

Me too! I love ugly planes for some reason. P-51s are just boring to me.

Now I am confused. Do you like ugly planes or not?

Aufkleber_Trollface.jpg

Edited by Finkeren

It is one of the old Hasegawa kits. Upgraded with Aires detail set and a vacu-canopy from Squadron. 

Nicely done Roc.

Nicely done Bf 109 too excellent, love them both.

I like both ugly and pretty planes TBH, I am just glad to see different planes being modelled, Eg the Roc.

Fw 190A series = pretty, Fw 190D Series more purposeful looks. Ugly?... Spitfire 1a= Pretty , Late spitfires, eg the Spiteful ugly ?....... Your views all ?

Edited by voncrapenhauser

P-51D is a pretty plane. I do like the earlier ugly P-51s with the bird cages though.

Von Great looking zero m8 i would like to build in 1/24 but i don`t have the room for it...

Sallee You don`t see many Roc`s built & yours is great i always think the rear turret was a bit over the top for this bird :P

STN great detailing on the 109 whats coming next... :)

I'm going to make mine in the colour scheme of 9K+DS from 8./KG 51 :)

Cool, i had to look it up on the net for the camo your doing..

STN great detailing on the 109 whats coming next...

Can You guess? :)

post-20943-0-13424200-1431291351_thumb.jpg

Easy one. AVIA B-534. One of the prettiest biplanes ever. I've seen this beauty in the airforce museum at Kbley, Prague. :)

It's the version with upgraded heavy machineguns judging by the destinctive bulges at the sides.

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka

Easy one. AVIA B-534. One of the prettiest biplanes ever. I've seen this beauty in the airforce museum at Kbley, Prague. :)

It's the version with upgraded heavy machineguns judging by the destinctive bulges at the sides.

I am glad you got what it was.....I was going to say a Hawker Fury or one of the silver wing era fighters.

Very nice!

I am and have been working on a Captain Scarlet SPV conversion from an R/C Toy at about 15" long....Haven't a clue what scale it will work out at.

As with most Gerry Anderson models, scale was never a requirement.

As you can see its proportions need much altering and is very much a work in progress.

post-1110-0-08522800-1431411668_thumb.jpg

post-1110-0-76040200-1431411761_thumb.jpg

post-1110-0-33393300-1431411786_thumb.jpg

post-1110-0-60105600-1431411810_thumb.jpg

I am glad you got what it was.....I was going to say a Hawker Fury or one of the silver wing era fighters.

Very nice!

I am and have been working on a Captain Scarlet SPV conversion from an R/C Toy at about 15" long....Haven't a clue what scale it will work out at.

As with most Gerry Anderson models, scale was never a requirement.

As you can see its proportions need much altering and is very much a work in progress.

Wow. Bit of a Proust moment there...that SPV took me back to my childhood....fantastic.

Von Great looking zero m8 i would like to build in 1/24 but i don`t have the room for it...

Sallee You don`t see many Roc`s built & yours is great i always think the rear turret was a bit over the top for this bird :P

Thanks. I think you are being very kind. I'm trying to work on uneven fading on the paintwork and I also thought birdshit would be not entirely out of place in my weathering scheme....I'm working up to my 1/48 scale Roc.

Why did that guy even start out with a model kit? From the looks of it, he could just have build everything from scratch and had an easier time.

Still impressive. I wonder if the engine will start if you pour a little gas into it?

Absolutely...I bet it would as long as you pumped the tiny primer enough times...

Absolutely...I bet it would as long as you pumped the tiny primer enough times...

Great! Wait... We're still talking about scale modeling right?

Wow. Bit of a Proust moment there...that SPV took me back to my childhood....fantastic.

Thanks. I think you are being very kind. I'm trying to work on uneven fading on the paintwork and I also thought birdshit would be not entirely out of place in my weathering scheme....I'm working up to my 1/48 scale Roc.

A mate of mine has made me some wheels for the SPV but I will have to scratch the rear tack and chassis assemblies myself  :(

I have an old Tamiya walker bulldog kit to rob for parts that might work....maybe.

BTW if I were a bird expert I might be able to see if it was Roc Shit lol, but great all the same.

I'm insulted. It's supposed to be Arctic Tern with a bit of Guillemot. Perhaps I need to work on it.

I'm insulted. It's supposed to be Arctic Tern with a bit of Guillemot. Perhaps I need to work on it.

One good Tern deserves another........."Groan".......I know,  it was the best I could come up with. Lol.

I used to do scale-modeling myself like I guess mostly all of us ;) ....but what I see here....all of you have skills, I simply think I don't have! (especially, when it comes to painting and weathering, imo almost the most difficult part in modelling!)

...so inspired by this thread, I did a little "surfin'", look what i've found:   http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234974971-132-felixstowe/   :o:  :biggrin: 

Have a nice weekend

yours

v.Greiff :salute:  

I used to do scale-modeling myself like I guess mostly all of us ;) ....but what I see here....all of you have skills, I simply think I don't have! (especially, when it comes to painting and weathering, imo almost the most difficult part in modelling!)

...so inspired by this thread, I did a little "surfin'", look what i've found:   http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234974971-132-felixstowe/   :o:  :biggrin:

Have a nice weekend

yours

v.Greiff :salute:  

I'm not the best ever modeller, I and others wouldn't say they have skills you do not posses I think. 

But I have been doing this hobby since I was a child and It has always been just that, a hobby.

I hear lots of people say I have not the patience for this, but its all about the trying.

I think the only way to learn is to try it out.

That Felixtowe is a great model buy the look of things, thanks for the comments and pointing it out.

Comments are always welcome I'm sure.

One good Tern deserves another........."Groan".......I know,  it was the best I could come up with. Lol.

The firing squad is assembling in the courtyard........

Fantastic modelling folks! I only wish I had the patience to do some of this stuff. Alas my hobbies take me elsewhere but I'm truly impressed by the craftsmanship here!

Just Finished this one a 1/35 T-34/76 an old tamiya kit from the 70s :)

post-799-0-59726400-1433891836_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-51569400-1433891837_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-39315000-1433891838_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-21883200-1433891839_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-16559300-1433891840_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-09909400-1433891841_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-24256100-1433891842_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-44607900-1433891843_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-38284200-1433891844_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 11

Nice La-7.  I'm a bit obsessed by 1/144th scale (yeah, I'm damaged) and I notice KP just released some nice little offerings in the gentleman's scale.  Hopefully mine will appear through the letterbox soon.

That's pretty damn good for a 40 year old kit.

The T-34/76 with hexagonal turret and cupola was always my favourite version.

Great job Buglord! I really like the weathering, not over-done as with a lot of models.

Agreed Gramps, this looks just right imo, fantastic job Buglord.

I have not had much time recently to model but hope to get back to it soon.

Tamiya allways did do some excellent armour a few years back when they were more affordable too.

I have the re released walker bulldog kit awaiting.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/72275-124-scale-hawker-hurricane/

I thought someone might find this as mind-boggling as I did. The thread stops before the end of construction and I hope the chap is all right. It may have ended in his making a frenzied attack on the thing with a lump hammer.

Impressive modelling there hope he leaves the fabric off to show all his excellent work.

From experience I can say it is easier to have a kit to start from for scale issues, but looks like he will be throwing most of the original kit.

Sorry it's not an aircraft or vehicle but seeing as we are approaching the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo, I thought I would post my take on a drummer of the Coldsteam guards.

Regards

Custard

post-42986-0-82696200-1434274304_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 5

Fantastic Custard! Excellent job on the painting and detailing. I haven't done any figure modeling in over 30 years. I still have some of the old Historex 54mm kits lying about somewhere. This may be enough for me to dig one out, probably need a magnifier at this point to do the detail painting. Thanks for the post!

Edited by Gramps