voncrapenhauser

Model Pilot

Nice one Sallee!  I especially like the scratchbuilt matches and chocs.  :biggrin:

Wishing you all the best from way down here too VonC'. Sending lots of positive vibes your way and wishing you a speedy recovery.  :salute:

Speedy recovery Von..I know how your feeling right now m8. ...i had a heart attack 5 years ago, i have a stent in one of my heart artery`s now , but since then ive felt better than ever so like Mr Feathered said... Positive vibes....

Crusader Mk1   :)

post-799-0-12153700-1509321941_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-02874300-1509321944_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-69573300-1509321946_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-66128400-1509321950_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-09092600-1509321953_thumb.jpg

More pics...

post-799-0-15224700-1509322250_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-44782500-1509322252_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-28806000-1509322257_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-55064900-1509322167_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-87983300-1509322172_thumb.jpg

post-799-0-15090100-1509322186_thumb.jpg

Edited by Buglord
  • Upvote 9

@ Buglord....nicel weathering!

Go and check out "Leite Modelismo" on FB, might inspire you a bit, when it comes to "weathering" ...

yours

v.Greiff

Very nice, Bug. Looks like the Italeri Crusader. I have one in the stash. How did it go together?

Speedy recovery Von..I know how your feeling right now m8. ...i had a heart attack 5 years ago, i have a stent in one of my heart artery`s now , but since then ive felt better than ever so like Mr Feathered said... Positive vibes....

Thanks for the support guys.

Bug I also had three stents 11 years ago but they came back to haunt me as one was blocked this time round , the new model stents are much better now..

I am now back home now and will be starting rehab soon and the pain is less each day now.

I have six unopened bag parts for my E Type project and will update soon.

Also just bought a H and K Models 1/32nd scale Dornier Do 335 A......Its a beauty of a kit and can't wait to get started on it while I wait for more E Type parts while I do my cardiac rehab programme.

BTW Nice Crusader looks awesome.

Staying positive. Von.

Edited by voncrapenhauser

Thanks everyone.... 

Glad your on the mend Von..  I Heard HK Models are very good but pricey ... 1/32 B25 would be nice :)

Greiff i just checked it out.. some interesting work on there......

Sallee it went together very well... i was quite impressed with it .... Added all the ammo creates etc from the italeri allied accessories kit which cost me a fiver.

Smouch whats on your workbench at the moment .. ?

Smouch whats on your workbench at the moment .. ?

G'day Bug, just putting the finishing bits to the Fortress.

Hope to have it finished very soon. Photos will follow.

• Upvote 1

All the new E Type parts fitted to front subframe, they were mostly steering and brakes so no great update.

Just bought the Zoki mura Ho/Go 229 in 1/32nd scale, it should be on its way today.

Looking forward to building these Wonder weapons.

post-1110-0-70400800-1510234816_thumb.jpg

post-1110-0-12781000-1510234818_thumb.jpg

post-1110-0-26775800-1510234820_thumb.jpg

post-1110-0-71556000-1510234821_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Matilda II number 2. The newer Tamiya job, ready for weathering. I've had fun using different manufacturers' versions of Caunter colours!post-12135-0-14375100-1510343030_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Some of my collection (some WIP)

My workbench:

Models I still fiddle around:

• Upvote 5

Therion, is that a M-706? I have never seen a model of one before. And the last time I saw one was 1981 or so. I was in Air base ground defence school in Texas USA. The instructor wanted to show us how it floated and drove it into a pond named german tank.He forgot to check the drain plugs, it sank. :huh: 

• Upvote 1

@ Ghost666

Yes, this is the M706 Commando Car. I chose to do a version used during Vietnam War. This kit is from

HobbyBoss in 1/35 and isn't too bad, but the interior is only basic so one need to improve a little bit.

I did some scratch, but not very much as you can't see really anything with these small hatches.

@ all

Thanks for your comments. I try to improve my skills and techniques. Some of the shown models are

completed except for dirt and mud.

The panther needs his tracks (individual links) and the side skirts. And of course a lot of dust, dirt and

mud, but it all depends on what scenery I will display the model.

The U-Boot VII on my workbench is another story. Originally ordered together with all the interior modules

from CMK only the U-Boot arrived and the dealer left a note that the CMK resin kits were not available

anymore (discontinued). So I started to build the U-Boot as is out of the box. When I just finished it,

the postman rang twice and I got these bloody (discontinued?) resin interior modules - great! So now

I have a nearly finished U-Boot and these resin parts - and this means: New U-Boot VII and Pontos

detail set, but this will be definitely a project for next year and the last submarine for me... I guess.

Cheers

Nice stuff, Therion. Who doesn't love a Char B1 bis?

Hilarious story about the postman. Sounds like the sort of thing that would happen to me!

Good  work everyone. Nice to see the thread growing and new people joining. I myself finally got to start something new.

post-20943-0-55610000-1510514856_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

@STN: .....man you are crazy!  :biggrin: 

What scale is this little bugger right now? 1:5000??  :biggrin:  :P  ;) 

Keep on your extraordinary work! Outstanding! I used to be a watchmaker, so got a little idea what it takes!  ;) 

...ans post pics!

yours

v.Greiff

It is 1:72. To be honest, I was surprised how small the thing is. Looks kinda cute :D 

I meant small when compared to regular WWII fighters for example.

I wouldn't dare to call the model small compared to builds You do. That would be pure blasphemy :)

• Upvote 1

My Ho 229 should arrive today then I have a dilemma which to starts first?. Do 335 or Ho 229 hmmmm.?

Although I have a 1/24th Ferrari to build for my Uncle 1st. :(

A bit older than that, nevertheless very famous ;)
The carpet in my room managed to eat the first small PE part.

post-20943-0-62718400-1510573482_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

....nasty carpet!

I got rules, one of them is....if something falls under the bed, it's gone.....FOREVER!  :biggrin:  ;)  :P

yours

v.Greiff

@Feathered: ...think I mixed s/thg up It's you whose makin' those tiny scales!?!

....take what I wrote STN!

@STN: neither nor less, YOU too, grat work!!!

yours

v.Greiff

....nasty carpet!

I got rules, one of them is....if something falls under the bed, it's gone.....FOREVER!  :biggrin:  ;)  :P

yours

v.Greiff

@Feathered: ...think I mixed s/thg up It's you whose makin' those tiny scales!?!

....take what I wrote STN!

@STN: neither nor less, YOU too, grat work!!!

yours

v.Greiff

I've been in your apartment, it's true!  :lol:

@Archie:....it's about time to visit you again, to see if everything is in order....maybe next summer for a couple of days? If you want to come, you're invited any time, TOMMY!  :salute:

yours

v.Greiff

• Upvote 1

I got rules, one of them is....if something falls under the bed, it's gone.....FOREVER!

Hmm, keep it up for a few more years. Then when You take the carpet out for dusting, You might put together a complete model kit from the parts that fall out!
  • Upvote 1

Great to see you back at it vonc...

Very tidy looking matilda sallee...

Therion i cant see any pics of your work... ?

Damn, how could I possibly forget about this thread? 

Great show guys!

I'm currently working on eduards marvelous 109 F-4/B from JG 2. Now about finished with the stencils and finally the real fun begins. The weathering.

post-39207-0-25032000-1510887654_thumb.jpg

post-39207-0-15959200-1510887664_thumb.jpg

:salute:

Edited by DerKurfuerst
  • Upvote 4