Photo

Model Pilot

• Please log in to reply
747 replies to this topic

#721 -IRRE-Trefil

-IRRE-Trefil
  • Founder

Posted 03 January 2018 - 17:16

Ma Francais n'est pas suffisant pour repondre...  My French is far too rusty, so I hope you can write in English?

Are you saying that you built this aircraft AND the pilot in a 3D program?

Looks incredibly good!

(But for an exquisite job like that you should have a unique signature, Trefil - EVERYbody can fake this one with Segoe Handwriting! ;) )

my dear Wolfram-Harms, in spite of my very basic English, how can I express very positive criticisms of my work? To thank you, I prepare a small video full of explanation. See you soon my friend.

mon cher Wolfram-Harms, malgré mon anglais très basique, comment exprimer des critiques très positives par rapport à mon travail. Pour te remercier, je prépare une petite vidéo remplie d'explication. À très bientôt mon ami

Edited by -IRRE-Trefil, 03 January 2018 - 17:21.

#722 sallee

sallee
  • Founder

Posted 03 January 2018 - 20:32

Looks great IMHO; also the rigging! Good job!
The only thing you could have spent more time on would be the joint of left and right fuselage halfs, which is visible on the back.
But I guess the WW model will be finer there and make less work.

Horrible, isn't it! I pre-painted the fuselage sides because of the way the elevator and rudder cables are fixed, then when the fit was poor, could only be arsed to tidy up the part behind the plywood section! I'll go back to it some day!

#723 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV
  • Founder

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:59

Still looks good I reckon.  Nice one Sallee.  I'll definitely look forward to seeing the Snipe one day too.

Cheers for the tips about the wingnut wings site.  I was using that for reference quite a bit and the instruction sheet helped solve the mystery of the three cutouts in the plywood behind the pilot's head.

"Nineteen years of age, eight years public education, three years military service. Intelligent, normally observant and answered all questions freely. He was arrogant and proud to be a pilot. Fellow prisoners in hospital consider him mentally unstable..."

#724 Wolfram-Harms

Wolfram-Harms

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:07

Still looks good I reckon.  Nice one Sallee.  I'll definitely look forward to seeing the Snipe one day too.

Yes, indeed!

#725 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV
  • Founder

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:30

Starting to add a bit more furniture.

eNjEMTC.jpg?1

rySZChS.jpg?1

LLfCdMV.jpg?1

"Nineteen years of age, eight years public education, three years military service. Intelligent, normally observant and answered all questions freely. He was arrogant and proud to be a pilot. Fellow prisoners in hospital consider him mentally unstable..."

#726 sallee

sallee
  • Founder

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:27

Amazing. Lovely plywood!

#727 Smouch

Smouch
  • Founder

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:58

Great work everyone. :salute:

I'm having a forced spell from building due to having to pack up and get ready to move house.

I'll be keeping an eye on the great work that is being produced

Once I get set up and going pics will flow :)

Respect is something you earn. You can't beg, borrow or steal it
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X, MSI B350M Bazooka, G-Skill 2133Mhz DDR4 RAM (16Gb), GTX 1060Ti 6Gb, X-52 Stick, Pedals & Quadrant, TrackIR 4 win 10

#728 voncrapenhauser

voncrapenhauser

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:34

Yes, indeed!

Ditto Sallee, nice one.

Looking good there Feathered, loving the wood grain, mmmm.

Edited by voncrapenhauser, 06 January 2018 - 10:35.

#729 STN

STN
  • Founder

Posted 11 January 2018 - 19:58

Heinkel He51B-1
Luftwaffe Legion Condor, J88
Oberleutnant Hannes Trautloft, August 1936

1:72 Hasegawa

I was really struggling whether even to put this one up. Very unhappy with the result. But here it is.

Attached Files

#730 sallee

sallee
  • Founder

Posted 11 January 2018 - 20:32

Well, I would have been delighted if I had made it. Can't see anything wrong there!

#731 voncrapenhauser

voncrapenhauser

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:31

Well, I would have been delighted if I had made it. Can't see anything wrong there!

+1......?

#732 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV
  • Founder

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:50

+1 Looks very nice to me too. 

#733 STN

STN
  • Founder

Posted 12 January 2018 - 13:11

Thanks guys, very kind of You.
The molding forms for the kit are very old (positive panel lines etc.) The cockpit I basically made from scratch. It is not accurate at all, but sort of resembles the He 51 one. The main issue is, that I was not able to keep the cleanliness of the build. Mainly when fixing the upper wing. Upon gluing, I found out, that the rear support beams of the upper wing are too short. Bummer. Had to use ones form a completely different kit. Geometry- the upper wing is not aligned with the lower one. If I took a picture from above, it would be visible.
Overall I had to use lots of filler= goodbye surface details.
I also broke of the step under the cockpit and had to make a new one. Nor the size, nor the angle are right.
The last drop was the application of the decals. I ruined the rudder decal on the left side and had to correct it with airbrush, masking tape and such. The cross came out somewhat acceptable, the letters E and 2 did not, they are crooked still. I just did not have the strength left to fix this.

The very last thing- the holes for the rigging could have been 50% smaller I believe.

All in all it looks OK from the distance, but I would say it is a caricature of a He 51 :)

Anyways, opened another box in the evening containing a WW1 bird which will be very nice once finished. Looking forward to this one, although it is a short run kit.

#734 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV
  • Founder

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:04

Looking forward to seeing what the next one will be!

Big thanks to VonC' for the images of the Beardmore engine for my FE2b (hope you are on the mend too!).  Here's a couple of shots of the little bugger so far.  Mostly from Evergreen strip, but with a bit of sprue for good measure.  I'll need to simplify things a bit on top of the cylinders, but the upper wing prevents you seeing much there, so it should be all good.  It's made in three major assemblies so I can paint the components separately without needing to mask it.

PeD0l6N.jpg?1

9jHOQSD.jpg?1

6eW6Fys.jpg?1

#735 voncrapenhauser

voncrapenhauser

Posted 15 January 2018 - 13:59

Awsome stuff mate....really

#736 sallee

sallee
  • Founder

Posted 15 January 2018 - 18:53

Have you ever see the film Epic?

#737 STN

STN
  • Founder

Posted 17 January 2018 - 15:17

Really enjoying this one :)

Attached Files

#738 Wolfram-Harms

Wolfram-Harms

Posted 17 January 2018 - 16:18

See that engine in comparison to the match stick...!

I would love to have such nerves of steel, Featherd_IV ! Mine would explode and cause a huge crater!

#739 sallee

sallee
  • Founder

Posted 17 January 2018 - 22:43

Really enjoying this one :)

What is that? A Lohner or something? Lovely work, anyway.

#740 STN

STN
  • Founder

Posted 18 January 2018 - 14:46

Hi Sallee, it is a Lloyd CV.

#741 Buglord

Buglord
  • Founder

Posted 18 January 2018 - 16:31

Feathered.........The Microscope modeller...  :salute:

#742 sallee

sallee
  • Founder

Posted 18 January 2018 - 16:37

Hi Sallee, it is a Lloyd CV.

Thanks!

#743 BorysVorobyov

BorysVorobyov

Posted 18 January 2018 - 17:16

Feathered.........The Microscope modeller... :salute:

Nah he just has a novelty shop full of giant coins, matches, pencils and other props.

#744 Wolfram-Harms

Wolfram-Harms

Posted 18 January 2018 - 21:11

Nah he just has a novelty shop full of giant coins, matches, pencils and other props.

Mmuahahahahaaa!!!

#745 Buglord

Buglord
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 03:01

My latest Build :)

1/35 Sdkfz 251/1 of the Afrika Korps.  

:)

Attached Files

#746 Smouch

Smouch
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 07:36

Great work Bug :salute:

Respect is something you earn. You can't beg, borrow or steal it
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X, MSI B350M Bazooka, G-Skill 2133Mhz DDR4 RAM (16Gb), GTX 1060Ti 6Gb, X-52 Stick, Pedals & Quadrant, TrackIR 4 win 10

#747 sallee

sallee
  • Founder

Posted Yesterday, 16:55

Very nice!

#748 BorysVorobyov

BorysVorobyov

Posted Yesterday, 17:00

It's amazing how much the armoured hull design has in common with the modern MRAPs we had in Iraq.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users