Jump to content
voncrapenhauser

Model Pilot

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

That's just beautiful STN.  The silver finish looks great.

What he said! Very nice and very weird at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. The kit can be done in various nice colour schemes. I was tempted to do the French Navy one at first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to reduce my stash by another box :)

 

col00.JPG

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2018 at 10:17 PM, STN said:

Almost there...
 

sw13.JPG


That looks incredible.

Apologies for me reviving old things but have to ask. Stn how did you Shade those wing ribs? It's very subtle and would love to try and achieve something similar on a hawker fury I'm trying to build. Just looks too uniform without some modulation, and a regular dark wash doesn't really want to cooperate with me that way.

Old matchbox 1/72 fury, semi matte alclad, gloss coated with x-22 and very very raised wing ribs as expected on these older kits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothins special to be honest.

I did some pre-shading with XF-1 flat black, then C-8 silver from Gunze, polished it with paper handkerchief, afterwards a coat of Gunze Super Clear III.

The wash was done with Tamiya panel line accent- black, then again coat of Super Clear III.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STN said:

Nothins special to be honest.

I did some pre-shading with XF-1 flat black, then C-8 silver from Gunze, polished it with paper handkerchief, afterwards a coat of Gunze Super Clear III.

The wash was done with Tamiya panel line accent- black, then again coat of Super Clear III.


I see, perhaps some preshading I omitted. Will carry on with my attempts. Very inspirational to find your build when working with a similar color aircraft.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent work everyone , been away too long , been busy with life. Ki84 is done ,will post some pics shortly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1/48 Tamiya KI84-1A Hayate. Enjoyed getting back to building aircraft again.

 

 

 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

19.jpg

25.jpg

23.jpg

27.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Buglord said:

1/48 Tamiya KI84-1A Hayate. Enjoyed getting back to building aircraft again.

 

 

 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

19.jpg

25.jpg

23.jpg

27.jpg

Stunning !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit of progress on the Kolibri.

 

 

kol03.JPG

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I’d get in on the action... got a kit on a whim after Christmas, my first one as an adult -  and I’ve been chipping away slowly at it over the last few weeks. Just wrapped it up...

 

A75B7AF0-2CEC-452F-B84E-51955069BFC6.thumb.jpeg.bccf8ba9f3d5bd668fcf61d93353949e.jpeg

 

Airfix A6M2 Zero, 1/72. 

Quite pleased with it, for basically my first build.

Not going to lie, I’ve used this thread as inspiration on a few occasions...

 

Now to pick up another kit and start a new project. 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a beauty, Buglord. 

On 2/3/2019 at 11:01 PM, Royal_Flight said:

Thought I’d get in on the action... got a kit on a whim after Christmas, my first one as an adult -  and I’ve been chipping away slowly at it over the last few weeks. Just wrapped it up...

 

A75B7AF0-2CEC-452F-B84E-51955069BFC6.thumb.jpeg.bccf8ba9f3d5bd668fcf61d93353949e.jpeg

 

Airfix A6M2 Zero, 1/72. 

Quite pleased with it, for basically my first build.

Not going to lie, I’ve used this thread as inspiration on a few occasions...

 

Now to pick up another kit and start a new project. 

Looks great. Well done. 

There is plenty of inspiration here all right. Some real talent. Welcome back to modelling. I started again five years ago aged 50 and I love it!

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i've just purchased & received the brand new 1/24th Trumpter Ju-87D-5. On first glance , quite a kit,but there will have to be a few new accessories available before I start to build it,starting with a more complete decal sheet.The one included is pretty pathetic. I'd also like to see dive brakes & perhaps a siren option. Seat belts would be nice too. the landing gear looks as if it is limited to "on the ground' position or is it just a little short/ anyone else out there have any comments?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Blitzen. I built the Airfix JU 87 in 24th a while back. Its wheel spats were in the unloaded position with no internal gear. To adjust height you had to cut the spats as the Stuka spats telescope inside each other.       Hope thatmight help mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks sallee and i agree Royal Flight has done a great job on his return to modelling.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally have this one off the desk. Very fiddly kit, not very well designed, many parts really don't fit, the instrucions manual is a joke... a real test of patience.  

 

1: 72 Flettner 282 B-2, V-23

Sauersberg

April 1945

 

RS Models

Spoiler


kol08.JPG

kol09.JPG

kol11.JPG

kol13.JPG

kol15.JPG

kol16.JPG

 

 

Edited by STN
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful Kolibri.  I'd love to have one of those in the collection one day.

 

I've been on a bit of a Zero thing for the last couple of weeks too.  I've got several boxes of the 1/144 scale A6Ms by Sweet tucked away, along with a Tamiya 1/32 scale job that I've been saving for my dotage.  I realised if I measured the Tamiya components and just divided everything by 4.5, I could pretty much come up with a miniaturised version.

 

 

IMG_4118.JPG

IMG_4189.JPG

IMG_4106 49 parts.JPG

IMG_4099.JPG

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
7 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Beautiful Kolibri.  I'd love to have one of those in the collection one day.

 

 

 

I recommend choosing a different kit, definitely. At times I experienced the ''call of the void''. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, STN said:

Finally have this one off the desk. Very fiddly kit, not very well designed, many parts really don't fit, the instrucions manual is a joke... a real test of patience.  

 

1: 72 Flettner 282 B-2, V-23

Sauersberg

April 1945

 

RS Models

  Reveal hidden contents

 

kol08.JPG

kol09.JPG

kol11.JPG

kol13.JPG

kol15.JPG

kol16.JPG

 

 

Well, all the more kudos to you. Looks fantastic. You obviously won that battle of wills.

Feathered, you are one mad bastard. Shame you don't have to give more detail in your profile: "ethnicity- Pixie/borrower."

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started on the next project:

 

46022724-8F96-45FE-A24C-8049C3028AC0.thumb.jpeg.ca3fab5d87bfd792df176607119d9f03.jpeg

 

Inspired partly by this thread, I’ve tried to step up on interior detail. 

 

F0E49193-F8D3-4BCE-9F01-CDDC8926FE8A.thumb.jpeg.3410544f14208de1a06cee2c3fdbf21c.jpeg

 

12F99287-C3CA-409E-8F99-20DE9FBD9602.thumb.jpeg.553be369641c3daa7937f96bbadf4f4d.jpeg

 

What I didn’t realise is that the canopy will obscure all of the detail. 

But hey, should keep me occupied for a while anyway. 

 

 

And Feathered, you’re a madman. I would recommend the 1/72 Airfix Zero as an easy build, but you’d probably consider it to be far too oversized...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feathered one word NanoBot... Good way of scaling it too size.👍 Looking good.

STN is that one of those "one way trip" things the Japanese used.

By the way just finished this as well....

Trumpeter 1/35 KV1 Simplified Turret Version......

 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice one Buglord. A bit of soot near the exhausts would make it perfect.

 

5 hours ago, Buglord said:

STN is that one of those "one way trip" things the Japanese used.

 

Correct. The Ohka (Cherry Blossom).

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, STN said:

Nice one Buglord. A bit of soot near the exhausts would make it perfect.

 

 

 Thanks m8. Funny enough earlier i was looking online at KV1s and noticed other models had exhaust staining on the body and then i come on here and you say the same thing so ill sort that.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to get a squirt of primer on for a quick look.  A bit of trueing up and a few more details needed, but so far so good.

I could never do this if it wasn't for that Tamiya extra thin-quick setting liquid cement.  Amazing stuff.  It allows you to attach the tiniest details and doesn't pool on the surface and melt everything.

 

IMG_4259.thumb.JPG.499db6c14f2d1be9a4c6b7f582e71222.JPG

 

IMG_4264.thumb.JPG.661a1277580070507cd166325b05e7c3.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 3:23 AM, Buglord said:

Feathered one word NanoBot... Good way of scaling it too size.👍 Looking good.

STN is that one of those "one way trip" things the Japanese used.

By the way just finished this as well....

Trumpeter 1/35 KV1 Simplified Turret Version......

 

1.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amazing scale finish there.

 

 

 

 

57 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Managed to get a squirt of primer on for a quick look.  A bit of trueing up and a few more details needed, but so far so good.

I could never do this if it wasn't for that Tamiya extra thin-quick setting liquid cement.  Amazing stuff.  It allows you to attach the tiniest details and doesn't pool on the surface and melt everything.

 

 

Looks very good. The photos have that electron microscope look again.

I've started using Slaters MEK glue which seems to do the same job but perhaps even better.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×