voncrapenhauser

Model Pilot

9 hours ago, STN said:

Interior done. Although I am really not sure about the colour. Followed the instructions but it seems the red colour is quite off.

29386671_1921605281214633_4883346814478057472_o.jpg

29342581_1921605291214632_3219601952887275520_o.jpg

It's certainly...interesting! Perhaps they had some spare red paint...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice work so far!

If its a metal fuselage seaplane, could it be that thick red primer some nations used?

Very nice to read the kind plausible theories on the red colour. Love You guys, but the most probable version is, that i f.... owled up :)
The colour was named something like "back canvas red". In the instructions it was Gunze C100 (wine red).

Anyway. I closed the fuselage, so it will not be visible. It will remain my dirty secret.

A five years assembly....

Douglas Dauntless 1/32 scale...with lots of extra parts and holes...

Dauntless - 2.jpg

Dauntless - 3.jpg

Dauntless - 4.jpg

Edited by BRAZUCAderzasi
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

On 3/19/2018 at 2:23 PM, WIS-Redcoat said:

Wow guys, I haven’t made a model kit in years, merely painting miniatures.  Who are making the best kits these days?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTTWeSCUoXw

I bought this a few months ago, still need to build and paint. MiniArt makes fine models, but I do not think they model aircraft. Mainly WW2 and cold war era armour and support vehicles.

Edited by CastorTroy

On 13/03/2018 at 4:30 PM, voncrapenhauser said:

Ticker is still ticking Bug thanks,  ribs and sternum still reminding me they were pushed to one side to do the business with the heart and the wounds still stretching can be a pain....... literally.

Great to hear your ok m8 . Pain is part of the healing .. as they say.

Good to see your back into it Gramps. This is where your bank balance starts to go down... :lol: For 40 years old that model looks great for its age.

STN looking forward to the seaplane m8. Your 1st float plane..i see you chose wisely .. i didn`t  i picked a 1/48 catalina that took me ages to build.:wacko: Looking great so far thou m8.

Winglesschip  .. Im impressed wit h your brushwork.. your builds look great...

BRAZUCAderzasi  -- Love the detail.. i can see why it took you 5 years... Impressive work. i would like to try something similar in the future.

Nice i hope one day im as good as you guys by the way do you guys know whats the color for the P51 were the tires go in is it xp4 from tamiya i think is called a yellow zinc chromated and then in the cockpit do i use a olive drab on the older models i know the newer ones are like black

48 minutes ago, Buglord said:

Good to see your back into it Gramps. This is where your bank balance starts to go down... :lol: For 40 years old that model looks great for its age.

Thanks. Heck, I've got at least 50, or more, kits stashed. I still have the Revell boxing of the Italeri Pz IV from that time frame. Pretty decent kit for it's time. Trying to finish up the GAZ so I can get the airbrush cranked up this weekend. And you know you've got it made when the wife tells you she's glad to see you modeling again.

39 minutes ago, Winglesschip209 said:

Nice i hope one day im as good as you guys by the way do you guys know whats the color for the P51 were the tires go in is it xp4 from tamiya i think is called a yellow zinc chromated and then in the cockpit do i use a olive drab on the older models i know the newer ones are like black

I don't recall for sure, but I think some of the P-51's used the zinc chromate in the cockpit. I don't ever recall building one, maybe one day. Keep building and your skills will keep improving.

• Like 1

Lots of great models in this thread! :salute:

I've only made a few models since childhood, most of which were a few years ago when I was playing WW2 Online (hence the subject matter) and are pretty dusty unfortunately - but here are a few of my attempts.

Italeri 1/48 A-20B / Boston III (the first model I made since childhood, and first use of an airbrush). I wasn't very happy with the brown, plus the model itself wasn't put together too well - I'm looking forward to remaking it in IL2 now that we have the A-20 at least! :biggrin:

5ab91a8bb1371_BoX3.thumb.jpg.6231d3f58a346050373645efef5128c1.jpg

Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Mk. Vb (converted to IIb), Tamiya 1/48 'Tilly' Light Utility Car, 1/48 RAF Hut (Brass), plus figures and accessories:

5ab91ad3686ae_BoX2.thumb.jpg.64a5dc2113af1352c4abf7a0de9072c4.jpg

5ab91bb57bdc1_BoX4.thumb.jpg.acccf364a50aed794cd930f5ee026e5b.jpg

5ab91bc80dc4c_BoX5.thumb.jpg.f718887ea9c3f66032adbe51ffd5ba51.jpg

These are my most recent models, which I made for my Nephew's Birthday earlier last year:

5ab91d7d9dacc_BoX6.thumb.jpg.488ca2b0a218f47fc8d665e65cdd6aed.jpg

5ab91d8b49377_BoX7.thumb.jpg.2c7dd6bfebbce6425340565f06a6966a.jpg

5ab91de73359f_BoX8.thumb.jpg.6703a2fa8edf5fe8575c84639c1e81fc.jpg

Other than that I have quite a stack to work through, which includes a Revell 1/72ish Imperial AT-AT which is being a right pain as I'm trying to scratch build most of the head, a Revell 1/2700 Imperial Star Destroyer, a Tamiya 1/48 Bf109E-4/7 and Wingnut Wings 1/32 Sopwith Pup, SE.5 and RE.8 (although I need to up my skill before I have a go at those three - and get a better camera!)

Edited by 19RAF_MJDixon
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

BRAZUCAderzasi - that is what i call love. Love for the matter, love for the Plane.
The kind of effort that leaves me with no words.
*slow clap*
I hope you get your hands on Battle of SBDauntless soon.
Fack yea. look at that.

Awsome!

Like the X wing.

Like the diorama too

Looking good wingless..

Edited by voncrapenhauser
added text

Haven't had a lot of spare time of late.  Mrs F is heading overseas for a month to visit family and pointedly asked me volunteer to make gifts for her mother and sister.

These are 18ct gold and about 9.5mm across.  I think I worked for Pharaoh or Pope-somebody in a previous life  :ph34r:

woIkP7G.jpg?2

Qv07Sc8.jpg?1

BbFQU3L.jpg?1

AYRetIx.jpg?1

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Wow! That's some amazing work! You are very talented! With the arrival of spring (sort of) here, I'm being distracted by the much needed attention my yard needs. Hopefully I can get those outdoor projects finished-up in a few days.

A bit of progress on the floatplane. The kit is fighting me with each and every step.

sw06.JPG

• Upvote 3

Still looking good mate.

No real updates for the E type as last two packs were two wheels and the silencer:( Hoping for some BIG parts soon.

Edited by voncrapenhauser
Missspelled

Cheers VT.  I don't do facebook however (not with this face anyway) so I can't view the page.  What are they?

Seeing as though all you northern hemisphere types seem to be doing things outdoors, here's how I've been spending the cold cold nights while the missus is away.

She's left me for four weeks with nothing - nothing but a fridge full of premade dinners and a bottle of my favourite Islay single malt...  Bless her!

The kitchen table has become a 1/144 factory.  Hopefully I can remove all evidence before she gets back.  :ph34r:

RbJtFq3.jpg?1

PIuyX6R.jpg?1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Feathered_IV said:

Cheers VT.  I don't do facebook however (not with this face anyway) so I can't view the page.  What are they?

28165207_395904327536846_83948915988044928238196_399819357145343_710197782230187

As I said - insane!  The rigging isn't scale though - surely he could have used spider silk?

:)

von Tom

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ah!  I've seen this guys work before.  He has some Kawanishi H6Ks in the same scale with their engines being serviced.   Insane indeed.

I know him, too. My wife recommended him for my circumcision.

10 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Seeing as though all you northern hemisphere types seem to be doing things outdoors, here's how I've been spending the cold cold nights while the missus is away.

She's left me for four weeks with nothing - nothing but a fridge full of premade dinners and a bottle of my favourite Islay single malt...  Bless her!

The kitchen table has become a 1/144 factory.  Hopefully I can remove all evidence before she gets back.  :ph34r:

RbJtFq3.jpg?1

PIuyX6R.jpg?1

Gorgeous finish!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, sallee said:

Me fall off me chair!:lol::lol::lol:

18 hours ago, sallee said:

Gorgeous finish!

Reminds me of the old gag:

"Just a small prick with a scalpel..."

"I know you are, but what are you going to do!?"

Took a while to get this far.  I had to saw the nose off and extend it to represent the Mk II, then make a new spinner, fishtail exhausts and cannon pods etc. to turn a Mk I into a Mk IID.

Pretty happy with it so far though.  Looking forward to the weathering! 

Looking good gents, great work.... I Move in 9 Days ,cant wait to get back into it... Bagged my 1st 1/350 carrier off ebay thou :) 

• Upvote 1

You 1/144 people are crazy. Get back to classics. :biggrin:

a5e6d7deac.thumb.jpg.ba67fbc715253f4ffde68563530d500a.jpg

Edited by melkarth
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, voncrapenhauser said:

Nice to see a classic melkarth

Lol, a classic Google Images. I used to build 1/72 planes and they seemed to me so small. Not, really, I envy your patience and precission. I guess all of you are swiss clockmakers. :biggrin:

Edited by melkarth

Work in progress - Elefant 1/35. This work is de facto scratchbuild, basic model was ancient Dragon. Thanks for watching. 

IMG_20180523_232629.jpg

IMG_20180523_232845.jpg

IMG_20180523_232947.jpg

IMG_20180523_232652.jpg

Edited by I./JG1_Baron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1