Sign in to follow this  
AA_Engadin

Oculus buys Nimble VR, bye bye Leap Motion VR

Hi all. This is it:

http://youtu.be/v_U3BmDlmtc

The adquisition of this company puts a full stop on the Leap Motion integration in OR, if ever was any future on it.

I know, I know, we don't have a clickable cockpit on a foreseeable future, but who knows, once the proper hardware is out ...

AA_Engadin

it would probably help to get basic OR implementation before delving into a future feature, thats still in development...just sayin...

it would probably help to get basic OR implementation before delving into a future feature, thats still in development...just sayin...

+1 here, but isn't it exciting?  ;)  I look at it as an invitation to devlers to implement a most desired, by some of us at least, 'clickable cockpit' in a future.

It would be great to see your katchmarek greeting you for a kill with both hands (Nimble VR) while looking at you (OR). You know what I mean ...

AA_Engadin

• Upvote 1

i want to gesture to my multiplayer wingmen with my hands as they fly in formation right alongside my plane. or flip the bird or do a throat slitting sign to an enemy flying by. That would take things to a whole 'nother level. ofcourse in addition to flipping switches. As a matter of fact if hand gesture recognition is in...it could actually make joysticks and throttles obsolete...since you could just move ur hands to mimic grabbing the stick and yanking it.