Skinning resources

SvAF/F19_Klunk

I already duplicated and renamed them as well. They work great for the panther. 

However, i think other tank textures use different name extensions. Panther is the first tank i tried to texture, but i just looked at the names of the textures in the Panzer IV official template and they are named differently. Probably the Tiger is different too. :wacko:

16 hours ago, Jaws2002 said:

I already duplicated and renamed them as well. They work great for the panther. 

However, i think other tank textures use different name extensions. Panther is the first tank i tried to texture, but i just looked at the names of the textures in the Panzer IV official template and they are named differently. Probably the Tiger is different too. :wacko:

The Tiger I know works with the standard setup as it was the 1st thing I tested.

I have since tested all the currently available tanks in TC and only two of them use the double skin set up and both work the same way, ie., &1 and &1#1. Those are the Panther and the Su-122. All the other tanks work just fine on the standard set up.

2020_2_2__11_40_48.thumb.jpg.c17799b8b74ff934d6531453f11d4da5.jpg

So I have compiled a new additional version of Eliminator to handle the double skin setup and called it Eliminator 2x. I also renamed the Elim Start skins so that they appear at the top of the list in game, something I should have done long ago but never got around to.

I will do that with the basic version too and rename it to Eliminator 2 for simplicity. This way if an expansion ever happens it can have a name that will fit on the screen :biggrin:

Oh and I credited you in the text, as I wouldn't even have know about the two skin thing without your feedback, thanks :good:

==============================

Eliminator 2x Beta

This is special version of Eliminator 2, for the IL2 BOX series for units that need 2 skins to cover the model. These are currently (as of January 2020) the Su-122 & the Panther D.

NB. this tiny 365kb file will install 2.721gb on your hard drive, that's twice the size of Eliminator 2. So bear this in mind before you use it as it is only required to identify parts of the template for the above two units and only them.

Eliminator 2x Beta.zip

Edited by Pict
Update
  • Thanks 1

No worries, I'm glad your getting some use from it. I should have renamed that file 15 years ago, but it's done now :) 

With that in mind are you having any success with your Panther skin?

Is Eliminator helping at all?

Do you think another 5th layer would be useful?

I'm interested to see how effective it is currently, as I often though that an extra 5th layer would be beneficial.

20 minutes ago, Pict said:

No worries, I'm glad your getting some use from it. I should have renamed that file 15 years ago, but it's done now :) 

With that in mind are you having any success with your Panther skin?

Is Eliminator helping at all?

Do you think another 5th layer would be useful?

I'm interested to see how effective it is currently, as I often though that an extra 5th layer would be beneficial.

The eliminator is great. i found a and fixed a few small parts that i couldn't find before. Small pieces of of sheet metal around turret hatches. It's great.

The problem is that tanks don't work in the skin viewer and you have to start the game and a tank mission every time. On top of that there are so many small parts that have to be found and painted, i don't know if I'll finish this thing. It takes too much time.

Whoever mapped this tank textures needs to be flogged in front of the office.

• Thanks 1

This is what i was working on. Just a generic late war ambush camouflage. But as you can see, there's a loooooooooong way to go. 😭  Don't even know if i'll ever finish it. Camo is still early work in progress, lots of fitting to match the camo, and then  sooooo many small parts spread all over the place.  😰 

2020-2-1-17-30-50.png

2020-2-2-18-47-23.png

2020-2-2-18-50-13.png

2020-2-2-18-51-5.png

2020-2-2-19-1-23.png

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jaws2002 said:

Just a generic late war ambush camouflage. But as you can see, there's a loooooooooong way to go. 😭  Don't even know if i'll ever finish it.

For a first skin it's really good !

Just imagine that it's a real Panther and the Sherman's are coming down the road. No time to fuss over unfinished camo details then, just prepare your ambush and worry about finishing the camo later, if you survive the battle :biggrin:

I think an unfinished camo is fairly realistic and many people would enjoy beta testing it in battle if you uploaded it, but no-one will even see it if you don't. Either way you can finish it later if your getting fed up with it for now.

Just my thoughts on it...I think it's too good to waste :good:

This next few days I'll try to fix the camo and get most of the big pieces to line up. I'll release it in an unfinished state, and later after the template is released, when/if i finish it, i'll release the finished skin.

17 minutes ago, Pict said:

Just imagine that it's a real Panther and the Sherman's are coming down the road. No time to fuss over unfinished camo details then, just prepare your ambush and worry about finishing the camo later, if you survive the battle :biggrin:

Late in the war, the germans didn't even painted the whole tank. They just pulled some lines over the primer and sent them to the front, so this is historical.

Look at this thing. The red part is just primer/undercoat.

https://twitter.com/nicholadrummond/status/834885053024976896/photo/1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
RNAS10_Oliver
On 5/15/2020 at 12:11 AM, 361st_Ripper* said:

If anyone here runs AMD Graphics and Adobe Photoshop CC6 or later, here is an integrated plugin that works great! 

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-texture-works-plugin.html

Here are the settings to export your DDS.

Capture.JPG

Use this also, good plugin, and works with NVIDIA graphics cards also, not just AMD cards.

Edited by Oliver88

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, ICDP said:

Will also work on Bf109F2, F4, G10 and K4

Wait? What? Is this a leaking info about a new Collectors plane?? 😁

(I guess you meant G14, but I can see what people are thinking when seeing that ☺️)

However I am aching to know from a skinners point of view what sort of model in regards of cockpit/tail combination BoN's G6 late will be? I wish for Erla-haube + shallow tail-fin as they seemed to be most common combination in Messerschmitts that were in use in Finland. Hopefully there will be some news about that soon.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Here's a pallet with samples and RGB codes for both Bulletin 41 and ANA-157 (1943). Bulletin 41 should be used for US planes prior to September 28, 1943, and ANA-157 for planes from September 28 1943 to the end of the war. (Referenced from the US Army Aircraft Paint Color Guide at history.army.mil and the RGB guide at Banks of the Susquehanna).

US_Aircraft_Colors.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Na-zdorovie

has anyone these paint swatches for German aircraft? also looking for German font to write on fuselage, thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 12:11 PM, Na-zdorovie said:

has anyone these paint swatches for German aircraft? also looking for German font to write on fuselage, thank you

Here's a .psd file with RLM color swatches & their RGB etc, values, can't remember where I got it from it's been on my HDD for some time. Edit; I just had a closer look and it says "template by Mogorth".

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for in the way of German font, but if it's squadron symbols & letters you need I uploaded some on page 2 of this thread in this post...

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13463-skinning-resources/?do=findComment&comment=834922

color of the luftwaffe.zip

Edited by Pict
Added credit for template author

Na-zdorovie

thanks Pict, thats helpful, somehow mist you bits on page 2 DOH!

2 hours ago, Na-zdorovie said:

thanks Pict, thats helpful, somehow mist you bits on page 2 DOH!

No worries, here is a great website that hold many of the old Simmers Paint Shop fonts and color charts...evertything you were looking for is in here

http://www.l8ter.com/?p=896

Na-zdorovie

ooo thats great stuff, thank you, more too add to my list, need a new hd soon lol