Descolada

plz even the teams

I normally fly an Il-2 against the targets outlined in the mission. I've not seen a single 109 yet. God knows where they all are, but they are certainly not protecting their factories and artillery.

Im looking into the coding to see if I can make it that when a ground target is completely destroyed a random 109 explodes in the air....

• Upvote 1

It would suffice to make the ground war matter. For example - if you support your ground troops, they can break through the enemy lines, then they capture whatever they need to capture, then you win the mission. Or the opposite. As much as I don't like War Thunder, their missions have exactly that kind of mechanism - very rudimentary, but it's something. What was the mission on your server yesterday "transport the planes to front line airfield, then go dogfight at 5-6k" ? 

Im looking into the coding to see if I can make it that when a ground target is completely destroyed a random 109 explodes in the air....

:biggrin::good:

It would suffice to make the ground war matter. For example - if you support your ground troops, they can break through the enemy lines, then they capture whatever they need to capture, then you win the mission. Or the opposite. As much as I don't like War Thunder, their missions have exactly that kind of mechanism - very rudimentary, but it's something. What was the mission on your server yesterday "transport the planes to front line airfield, then go dogfight at 5-6k" ? 

in WT online missions are like some simple coop style missions, they are not like DF style in BoS.

Usually DF servers are for most players that play on them regulary just for quick fun, or some practice, or mindles fights why bather to go for objectivs. Even if that means your team will be in bad situation next mission why would regular Joe care about that, if next mission (because they lost objectives) its not to his likings he just jumps to other DF server and leve mission to few guys that care to fix it for him for next mission :) 

Only rearly when its some kined of special event most of players are doing somthing to achive objective on DF type servers. Its hard to achieve same what is possible with coop type events where most players usually want to achieve objectives even in single coop missions, or will bather to read briefing until they wait for mission to start, and care about their virtual life as its only one per mission.

Add to that online coop wars with registered squads and players and you have your self something more.

But who needs coops in todays age, only the old farts :) 

PS 

And wait until you have monthly stats on servers, then expect more stuff like vulching, parashoot kills, them unbalanced, kill stealing, and so on

Edited by Yakmaster

in WT online missions are like some simple coop style missions, they are not like DF style in BoS.

Usually DF servers are for most players that play on them regulary just for quick fun, or some practice, or mindles fights why bather to go for objectivs. Even if that means your team will be in bad situation next mission why would regular Joe care about that, if next mission (because they lost objectives) its not to his likings he just jumps to other DF server and leve mission to few guys that care to fix it for him for next mission :) 

Only rearly when its some kined of special event most of players are doing somthing to achive objective on DF type servers. Its hard to achieve same what is possible with coop type events where most players usually want to achieve objectives even in single coop missions, or will bather to read briefing until they wait for mission to start, and care about their virtual life as its only one per mission.

Add to that online coop wars with registered squads and players and you have your self something more.

But who needs coops in todays age, only the old farts :) 

PS 

And wait until you have monthly stats on servers, then expect more stuff like vulching, parashoot kills, them unbalanced, kill stealing, and so on

I'm not that pessimistic - I think that, for example, our trade union friends (the Syndicate) should, for example, introduce some dynamics causality to their maps. Like, for example, if a German tank attack does not penetrate Soviet lines, or if their tanks get slaughtered in a certain time limit, German side loses. Or vice versa, if they go through, Soviets lose. Or - if you lose a certain number of aircraft at a certain field, they stop appearing automagically - you'd have to fly them in from a field far in the back of the map (and no, flying a He-111 to a frontline airfield should not make 6 fighters appear there, no matter what :)).

I normally fly an Il-2 against the targets outlined in the mission. I've not seen a single 109 yet. God knows where they all are, but they are certainly not protecting their factories and artillery.

Il-2attack_zpsee4345bf.jpg

I think this Il-2 and the 312_Tygr wouldn't confirm your observations. We shoot them down over the German tank unit attacking Besargino today ;)

Well I guess it is this "fascination by evil" that drives folks towards anything with haken/balkenkreuz on it.Luftwaffe...yeah!Waffen-SS...yeah!Koenigs Tiger...yeah! I think they miss a lot but again,evil is fascinating :biggrin:

Agreed!...Evil fascinates those who never encountered even a pale version of it!

DED expert Stalingrad had 21 VVS to 18 LW earlier, and the VVS seemed to be doing ok. Good for them.

von Tom

• Upvote 1

Yeah. Pathetic them flying with more than the LW.

:)

von Tom

• Upvote 2

Syndicate has been limiting the number of F4 and fw190 so that many people would rather jump in a yak1 or La5 at the front , rather than fly a He111 from the rear  and resupply an airfield.  Or fly a G2 from the rear field. Since they have been doing this the balance has been much better on this server and for the first time I can join the team with less players and fly a german plane.

You have to understand, we are playing with some self centered, childish, narcissists who always want to play with the advantage. I would like to fly the FW190 from time to time but I guess I'll just go and fly the inferior planes because they want to fly the best plane EVERY time they play. 

I have contempt for anyone who jumps in a 109 when Germany already out numbers Russia and then goes and strafes the guys taking off in Laggs...

There is a thing called reciprocal altruism that some of them may have to google... It is best for the group if we all take turns sharing the burden of flying the inferior planes and that way we all get a chance to fly the superior planes that everyone likes. 

Honestly though it is much more satisfying flying Russia and getting kills with teamwork and good flying than flying the easy plane. Not such a victory when the plane is better than the pilot.

You are right.

FW190 is one of my favourite aircraft and when getting BOS I actually had zero interest in flying VVS aircraft.

I think I can count the number of times I've flown it or the 109 in BoS (discounting SP just for skin unlocks) on two fingers and of those times I've flown it was on a practically empty server and I switched so there was something to shoot at, a while later I have to switch back because people join and stack axis.

For this reason alone, not knowing how to fly VVS aircraft I've had to resort to playing a lot on normal/dogfight servers using full CEM to get the tactical exposure to improve without having to fly around and find people on the huge maps.

There is absolutely no sportmanship in this stacking behaviour and its pretty disgusting, it says a lot about the narcissistic people who do it really. 

Even if you don't know how to fly the aircraft.. At the very least you give your teammates some cover and put pressure on the other team or another target while you learn.

There are a certain number of people who will join axis even if the server is dead and will stack 6 people on axis and only 1 person on allies and they won't change teams, ever.

• Upvote 1

I guess nothing beats the feeling when you can knock out a plane which is considered superior to the plane you are flying. Many people could consentrate their efforts to getting a better pilot instead of continuous whining about unbalanced planesets and servers in this forum :)

Remember, there's always someone on the server who's better than you. I have lot of experience about that. Keys CTRL + E are probably most used keys on my keyboard... despite of that I'm not whining but taking off again and again and try constantly learn from my mistakes.

I guess nothing beats the feeling when you can knock out a plane which is considered superior to the plane you are flying. Many people could consentrate their efforts to getting a better pilot instead of continuous whining about unbalanced planesets and servers in this forum :)

Remember, there's always someone on the server who's better than you. I have lot of experience about that. Keys CTRL + E are probably most used keys on my keyboard... despite of that I'm not whining but taking off again and again and try constantly learn from my mistakes.

That isn't what the thread is about... It's about people stacking the teams over a 3 or 6 to 1 ratio and refusing to fly the inferior plane to balance teams.

"unbalanced planes" does not equal unbalanced teams.

One is attributed to the vehicle, the other is attributed to numbers of players.

Edited by LordHelyi

I agree with you LordHelyi. There's always people who don't care at all about balacing the teams and that certainly can kill all the fun of the game. I have seen that enough during last 10 years of hanging on servers. Unfortunately there will always be pilots who give a damn for it.

I think I'll stick to my FW190 on Jabo runs - a low and slow FW shouldn't get anyone's knickers in a twist.

Funny thing about last night, when VVS outnumbered LW, is the map constantly showed 1 or 2 VVS attacking LW airfields where there usually several LW pilots. If they'd just hung around outside the airfield view zone they could have made a killing.

Someone was attacking a factory successfully though. We had a look for them on a return from a Jabo run but couldn't see anyone.

As an aside, on the DED expert server there are artillery targets towards the south. We attached there but when checking the area couldn't see any ground units in the emplacements. Was this by design or... Same for tanks in the middle - are they on a timer?

What would help is if pilots had an updated brief with valid targets. Then folks know what to attack and defend. Sorry for OT.

von Tom

Descolada asked people to please try and even the teams on Syndicate server. I think it's a decent enough request.

What they do on DED servers are beyond our reach.

• Upvote 1

I agree Per, it's a reasonable request and a creditable one. It's a server-wide issue not limited to Syndicate though despite the OP.

I'll still be sticking to Jabo runs in my FW though despite the angst felt by others.

von Tom

Funnily enough, in RoF we had a second server running co-op missions constantly. It got less than 5% the use of the dogfight server. Its not the answer to everything but it certaintly suits some peoples playing style.

Your correct in that there were too few that had interest in coop in RoF. And I do not know why as you guys at Syndicate and some others put a lot of time in this. But could it be that it's not that easy to ¹ put a coop mission together easily ² that easy to put up a coop server? In old IL2 it was easy to create a mission (with some learning of course) and using your own computer for a temporary coop server was fairly easy.

So until it is that easy to put up a coop server (temporarily) there will be very little continuous interest in coop servers.

Chief

Il-2attack_zpsee4345bf.jpg

I think this Il-2 and the 312_Tygr wouldn't confirm your observations. We shoot them down over the German tank unit attacking Besargino today ;)

Yep, it happened. Once in 5 sorties and 1.5 hours in flight over that area... And I've destroyed 13 tanks yesterday. 

Agreed!...Evil fascinates those who never encountered even a pale version of it!

According to this logic I would never understand people from central and east Europe whose lived under Soviet Union occupation that they can play for VVS...

Yep, it happened. Once in 5 sorties and 1.5 hours in flight over that area... And I've destroyed 13 tanks yesterday. 

I know. We usually fly in Stukas since there is very few people willing to do so. We simply can't be everywhere :)