Descolada

plz even the teams

maybe its my imagination but i seem to recall there was an auto team level feature which was removed due to popular demand

Personally I much prefer it when I have the better plane, a height/energy advantage and the enemy are outnumbered.  Increases my chance of surviving and getting a kill.

But I still won't fly VVS even if outnumbered.

von Tom

Thats why I want possibility to host my private P2P session.Fly in cooperative manner with few of my friends in historical missions.To do reenactment.You will never find this kind of joy in dogfight servers and no autobalance or other restrictions will force 32/48/64/128 random people to fly exactly like YOU want.

There are only 2 possibilities

1.Fly COOP (we cant)

2.Fly Offline (we can but in rather limiting Advanced QMB called groundhog day campaign)

Desiring autobalance within 4 players or less is not an expression of jackbooted authoritarianism or my desire to force everybody to play how I want. It merely means I want a functional online game/sim/recreational software. I have better things to do than offer myself as a sacrificial lamb to all the hyenas who MUST fly the easier and flashier aircraft(I do not mind flying as a Sovjet, I mind the other side showing peanut-gallery level class) . People are animals and outside the context of a close-knit group of friends, coop against the AI or being chided by an admin they will NOT do the right thing.

no need for auto balance. only prohibit to join the side with more players, when it's to unbalanced (~5 or more)

Spot on way fairer and realistic too :)

• Upvote 1

so you want to decide how many people fly for which side.
But people do not fly planes eaually well - you might put someone behind the controls of aicraft he has no clue of.

i for one know Jack of Lofte Bombsights and have never doven a ju-87 in my life, the 190 is a piece of Shbuzz in my hands, and flying the 109 in high speeds gets me killed one time out of 3. German aircraft might be flashy, but i prefer the russian... "traktors"

how is that recreational to that person, how does that make fopr a working online environment?

It is a quandry yakdriver. You are right, it's no fun to fly a plane you are unused to online. But if the teams are 35 to 11 (and I've seen that) it's no fun either. Especially when it is 35 on the side with the superior fighters! I guess the good news is that there is an excellent tool in BoS that allows you to learn the other aircraft off line and you even get nice little bonus tools and skins for learning the planes too!

(that faint popping sound you are hearing right now is the sound of heads exploding all over the world ;) )

Edited by SYN_Mike77
  • Upvote 2

no...
i do not enjoy german planes, even tho i have given them a fair chance. 88,110, 410, work, 87 and 111 still not my kind of thing. not a challenge, just frustration.
i tried to "get" some of them, but the ones that gave me an "ahaaa!!" Moment are not available.

autobalance is not the answer.

if anything, The guy who proposed that should have understood that autobalance could possibly potentially be a purposeful option with limited effect.

say you join a server, and you get the german side, but dont want to.
what do you do - ?

leave and try again?

"Pop in" and "drop out?"

do it. put it in or activate it again if the autobalance was available buit disabled.

see what happens.

will make the game better for everyone. will make MP massively popular.
will generate Tons of sales. the community that complains for lack of options will love it.
Just do it.

*sips coffee*

Thats why I want possibility to host my private P2P session.Fly in cooperative manner with few of my friends in historical missions.To do reenactment.You will never find this kind of joy in dogfight servers and no autobalance or other restrictions will force 32/48/64/128 random people to fly exactly like YOU want.

There are only 2 possibilities

1.Fly COOP (we cant)

2.Fly Offline (we can but in rather limiting Advanced QMB called groundhog day campaign)

You cannot fly the "campaign" offline. You are limited to the QMB and single player missions.

You cannot fly the "campaign" offline. You are limited to the QMB and single player missions.

I think the term "offline" in that instance was rather meant to infer not MP

but score one point for your intent for accuracy :cool: and informing the masses that BoS needs internet connection to play the campaign as it is called

Cheers Dakpilot

The imbalance of German vs VVS is frequent on Syndicate.  I usually fly VVS as they are outnumbered.  Just seems many people want to fly the better aircraft, regardless of balance or challenge.

I am not a fan of auto balance however.

Would it not be better to limit the maximum number of Germans seats available?  With 48 seats available, maybe the Germans max out at 19 or 20 seats.

Weren't the German fighters outnumbered during this phase of the battle?

Edited by VR_Stick
  • Upvote 2

I think that putting a limit on German aircraft numbers is better than turning on the auto-balance.  Also, the active German fields could be moved further from the front lines.

I think auto balance is a good thing to have, as a tool, for managing a dogfight server. Personally I don't care, if there's a 2vs1 ratio, and someone leaves the server crying because he can't fly his beloved plane. I am - and the rest of the players probably are as well - better off without him, so it's a win overall.

Who cares if it's off balance? If I come in and see one side has way more, I join the other side so I have more targets to shoot! Forcing people to fly something they don't want to will not work. Plus, for those seeking immersion, I doubt the Germans and Russians checked with others' headquarters each day to make sure their missions were even.

donkeycods if everyone had your attitude we would not be having this conversation. I doubt the Germans and Russians were looking for a fun way to spend an evening either. If it's historical fidelity we are after wouldn't we limit the German side to about a dozen aircraft anyway? Eight of those being Ju52s!

Edited by SYN_Mike77

I'm not sure autoballence is the correct solution for this type of game but something really does need to be done!!!!

I have a real problem with playing other than Russian because most people only fly German. And if I do manage to fly German I feel bad because we normally outnumber the other team, ruining my fun.

I'm not sure what the solution is but I think something defo could be done on a server to server basis, such as limited plane numbers, or a ratio that say for example for every 3 vvs fighters 2 German are allowed.

Also I think once u have a slot that slot needs to be saved for that person so they can always spawn on the same team they started, I'm so sick of playing well for a certain side with some mates land and then are forced to join the other team because someone has just joined the server, if people spots were retained and there was a ballence that worked alot better than now it would be so much better for me

I'm pretty sure that once you are in you are in until you leave the server already. I know I have landed (oh ok, been shot down) and still been able to respawn with out going out of the server and loosing my slot!

Edited by SYN_Mike77

I'm pretty sure that once you are in you are in until you leave the server already. I know I have landed (oh ok, been shot down) and still been able to respawn with out going out of the server and loosing my slot!

If that is true they have changed how the auto-balance works.  Several times during the beta I would end a mission/get shot down and was forced to switch sides.

I think that limiting German aircraft availability is a better method of getting even sides than the auto-balance.

No stay on the same team but it will not allow u to spaan unless the number of players reduce on it team

Well, we don't use auto balance now and I have no idea how it works.  I do know that on syndicate server right now, once you are in you can switch sides and fly multiple sorties without having to leave the server.  Actually, it might be more realistic if you died and were kicked out!  Sort of a dead is dead lite.  I say this as someone who dies with alarming frequency!  And no, to the best of my knowledge the server is not going to go to this or autobalance in the near future.  

Lend-lease planes should have positive impact for sure.

In any case, there seem to be atleast six times as many organized "German" virtual squadrons around than "Russian", so as soon as such a squadron shows up in any numbers, it's almost guaranteed that the numbers (and possibly, but not necessarily the overall "teams") are unbalanced.

I think the number of guys who only fly the 109 because it's currently the best plane is slim and even a La-7 wouldn't have as big of an impact on player number balance than any popular lend-lease plane (Spitfire, Hurricane, P-39, maybe P-40).

Then there is of course the He-111, which I guess is also way more popular than the Pe-2 and the only choice if you want to fly a heavy bomber. The German planes are more popular (even outside of flight sim) and better performing.

• Upvote 1

THE P-40 >:D

nM8tFcZ.jpg

Some day we'll be tearing Bf 109s to shreds with lend-lease planes and it will be glorious. :D

-snip-

In any case, there seem to be at least six times as many organized "German" virtual squadrons around than "Russian", so as soon as such a squadron shows up in any numbers, it's almost guaranteed that the numbers (and possibly, but not necessarily the overall "teams") are unbalanced.

-snip-

I genuinely think that's the most accurate conclusion I have seen thus far.

It is what it is and I know for the guys who want to fly VVS that it probably is a headache but artificial balancing wouldn't be good news for any of us or the genre. The positions people take regarding Luftwaffe fliers as doing so because the aircraft are "ez moed lols!!1@!" are only skimming accuracy and are only speaking for a minority of the people who are flying Luftwaffe.

Ironically, a lot of the new sim players this product is trying to attract are probably flying Luftwaffe and are probably doing so because of the lack of pilot workload for a beginner... But those of us that fly them for the Geschwaders (and there are many) are more than likely doing so for the aircraft and the history themselves.

Some day we'll be tearing Bf 109s to shreds with lend-lease planes and it will be glorious. :D

Seems likely to me that the only "balance" this sim needs is a broadening of the plane set.

Unfortunately for VVS guys you're probably going to have to wait a bit on that...

Edited by FalkeEins

Whenever was a war 'fair'.  Stop trying to make a game of war 'fair'.

There are winners and losers. Chose.

Edited by Dutch

Whenever was a war 'fair'.  Stop trying to make a game of war 'fair'.

There are winners and losers. Chose.

It's not a war, it's a game.  And getting bounced by swarms of 109s soon after taking off isn't exactly fun.  It drives people away from the server.  Flying German with no one to fight against isn't exactly fun, either.  So if you want people to fly on your server, it's probably a good idea to try to make the mission "fair".

It's not a war, it's a game.  And getting bounced by swarms of 109s soon after taking off isn't exactly fun.  It drives people away from the server.  Flying German with no one to fight against isn't exactly fun, either.  So if you want people to fly on your server, it's probably a good idea to try to make the mission "fair".

You might be correct, but quite frankly, I don't give a **** anymore. it's just a ******* computer game. Sometimes, after I've cooked a really nice meal, and I've pretended to appreciate 'Real Housewives of Beverley hills' I go to my den and play a computer game. I have fun. That is what it is supposed to be for.

It doesn't matter if I get shot down. All that matters is that I got away from the wife and escaped into a realm of fantasy for a while. It's  just a shame that people such as '******' take this **** so ******* seriously.

Edited for language PM sent Bearcat

You might be correct, but quite frankly,..........................................................................

Please leave

Edited

With the undieing words of Napolen the III:

Less Q.Q moar Pew Pew.

Stop bitching like a girl. This Vulching-Thing is independent from the sides.

And that is the Online state for certain missions on certain servers today.

Not a pickle at all.

Their server.

Their rules or non rules

Their Mission

Their enforcements or non enforcements.

Their Business end to end. you do not like their business for reason X... do not go there?

you can refuse to play that mission, you can wait till you got your own mission builder and your own server software so you can enforce your own rules.

Whoa, lets be a little aggressive here? O.o ... Especially for someone who I have never seen in the server.. And I fly in this server daily. That's quite a push you're doing there, especially for a server who cares about the player base.

Edited by Silky

I have posted this on another section of the forum but it seems relevant for this discussion.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last night on SYN server I took off SOLO in a YAK from the northern airfield. Nobody on TS with me. Turn West after take off and start looking for 109's. Climb to 4000m.

After a long flight of breaking my neck not to be surprised by the enemy I reach the most northern enemy airfield. 109's are taking off and a huge cloud hanging over their base. I see one or two, dive down and hit a Stuka during taxi, pull up and the shit hits the fan. More 109's under the big cloud. I hit one more 109's and he crash lands them calls me a vulching pilot.

Now every 109 pilot knows I'm there and hunting me like a dog. One makes a mistake and crashes behind me and I eventually get shot down a min or two later while running for my life.

For me a great fight for the 109's taking off and flying under the cloud I WAS VULCHING! Really?

You just cant win in this game at the moment!

I have posted this on another section of the forum but it seems relevant for this discussion.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last night on SYN server I took off SOLO in a YAK from the northern airfield. Nobody on TS with me. Turn West after take off and start looking for 109's. Climb to 4000m.

After a long flight of breaking my neck not to be surprised by the enemy I reach the most northern enemy airfield. 109's are taking off and a huge cloud hanging over their base. I see one or two, dive down and hit a Stuka during taxi, pull up and the shit hits the fan. More 109's under the big cloud. I hit one more 109's and he crash lands them calls me a vulching pilot.

Now every 109 pilot knows I'm there and hunting me like a dog. One makes a mistake and crashes behind me and I eventually get shot down a min or two later while running for my life.

For me a great fight for the 109's taking off and flying under the cloud I WAS VULCHING! Really?

You just cant win in this game at the moment!

Technically, yes you were vulching.

Is it bad? Depends on the opinion of someone.

Should you bitch about it? Nah in my opinion not

Do I bitch about it sometimes? Yep, because when my emotions break through but actually what you did there was okay. I mean hell a Yak tried yesterday evening to kill me while I took off, and he failed. Was a funny moment but :D

Despite i agree that suffering for vulching is kinda boring....i don't think this is must be prohibited.

Every team must ensure air superiority near fields, and also there's the flak. Vulching is normal. Suffering for vulching ? Call your friends to protect you. Lonewolf is untypical in air warfare.

But vulching is a persistent problem for every deathmatch based game, unless if you have a random respaw, not cfs case. It's reduced when you have a LOT of players in server, but you can't get rid off it....in the old warbirds with 400 players you had it

Another advantage of coop....fair balanced, no vulching, quickly regroup and generally turns in a enemy squad encounter

Haven't played BoS for a few weeks now (not playing PC games at all ATM due to the usual "end of the year" mental exhaustion) but I vividly dislike the idea of "autobalance" in any form. I'd solve the issue differently, but I guess very few players would like my approach. :popcorm:

1.) offer historical airfields reaching further back both to give players the chance to avoid vulchfests over the airfields closer to the front and to de-emphasize the gangbang

2.) limit fighter types to 4 or 8 aircraft (depending on total number of players the server can handle) as a whole and have the rest fly Stukas, Il-2s or level bombers

3.) give these multiple targets in two or three selected areas and make these count for the mission (and not the dogfight)

But, as I said, few people would like that. :crazy:

• Upvote 2

2.) limit fighter types to 4 or 8 aircraft (depending on total number of players the server can handle) as a whole and have the rest fly Stukas, Il-2s or level bombers

From my many years of experience, you'd end up with 4 or 8 aircraft on the server, plus maybe one or two flying bombers, the rest would play elsewhere. Approaches like that only work in organized events, at minimum COOP missions. On a dogfight server, no matter how much emphasis you put on ground attack, the majority plays for dogfighting. They come there to play a game, not to win a war.

• Upvote 1

Sadly I do not think there is an easy answer currently, I rather hope when the Dserver and mission editor are released then more servers will cater for differing play styles so we can all play on a server that suits our play style and server providers can then dictate the play style they want on the server. Until then enjoy it as much as you can :)

S!

From my many years of experience, you'd end up with 4 or 8 aircraft on the server, plus maybe one or two flying bombers, the rest would play elsewhere. Approaches like that only work in organized events, at minimum COOP missions. On a dogfight server, no matter how much emphasis you put on ground attack, the majority plays for dogfighting. They come there to play a game, not to win a war.

Thats EXACTLY what i think too!

From years of experience, i reach the same conclusion

People used to condemn COOP as a obsolete feature, because with these new tools you can add AI in Dog servers and triggers and a lot more........but

You still with a 20% max of players flying organized. And nobody care about ground targets, objectives and nothing. I recognize coops have their flaws.....but the advantages still interesting and actual like this topic showed up.

I flew ADW, but i found the same complains regarding those stuff plus the time zone (you can see a lot of "Empty US servers" bitching in this forum). I have US time....and the ADW was plenty of people during my working day and hell empty during the night. With coop system this issue was very very reduced.