Lupson

[Release] Bosparser - BoS after-action report application

So here's the deal with the problems reported with bosparser not showing the map properly:

The simulation seems to have modified its log output. Previously, you would get entries such as these for player position updates (in single player missions):

T:5255 AType:17 ID:712703 POS(138963.594,4706.224,245079.203)
T:5956 AType:17 ID:712703 POS(138136.188,4704.223,246332.203)
T:6672 AType:17 ID:712703 POS(137388.313,4731.542,247632.875)

But starting from some patch released around 23rd of february, these position entries are just not there anymore. That causes the map rendering to fail. It should still be possible to plot where stuff were destroyed, but the route info was used for some other stuff too such as centering the map over the approximate mission area. With route info missing the map rendering fails.

I see no new entries in startup.cfg to include position logging again. For now, bosparser seems to be able to parse hits/kills etc. OK but the map mode is plain broken until we get positional log entries back or I do some workaround to make map mode work without pos data.

Edited by Lupson

Ok Lupson, that's how it works

Maybe the dev team will help you on this ?

I think the DEV's should implement this tool in the game personally. Keep up the great work brother.

Hi !

I would like to try your software but I'm having this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: se/lu/bos/App
lication : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at org.springframework.boot.loader.LaunchedURLClassLoader.doLoadClass(La
unchedURLClassLoader.java:161)
        at org.springframework.boot.loader.LaunchedURLClassLoader.loadClass(Laun
chedURLClassLoader.java:134)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at org.springframework.boot.loader.MainMethodRunner.run(MainMethodRunner
.java:46)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Is there a fix for this ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

I think you are using an unsupported version of Java. If you enter a command shell and type

java --version

What is the output?

Possibly, its just a single dash before version.

Thanks for your answer. Here you go:

EDIT: upgraded, seems to work now ! (I hate java :) ) Thank you

java version "1.7.0_51"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_51-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)
Edited by Bacab

Thanks for your answer. Here you go:

EDIT: upgraded, seems to work now ! (I hate java :) ) Thank you

java version "1.7.0_51"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_51-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)

Ok, happy it worked out.

So here's the deal with the problems reported with bosparser not showing the map properly:

The simulation seems to have modified its log output. Previously, you would get entries such as these for player position updates (in single player missions):

T:5255 AType:17 ID:712703 POS(138963.594,4706.224,245079.203)
T:5956 AType:17 ID:712703 POS(138136.188,4704.223,246332.203)
T:6672 AType:17 ID:712703 POS(137388.313,4731.542,247632.875)

But starting from some patch released around 23rd of february, these position entries are just not there anymore. That causes the map rendering to fail. It should still be possible to plot where stuff were destroyed, but the route info was used for some other stuff too such as centering the map over the approximate mission area. With route info missing the map rendering fails.

I see no new entries in startup.cfg to include position logging again. For now, bosparser seems to be able to parse hits/kills etc. OK but the map mode is plain broken until we get positional log entries back or I do some workaround to make map mode work without pos data.

By the way - anyone know if 1C/777 added the AType:17 entries back to the log file? I havn't taken a look at Bosparser or SMB for some time now (summer's just too busy with other stuff), would be interesting to know if they added the player position entries back.

By the way - anyone know if 1C/777 added the AType:17 entries back to the log file? I havn't taken a look at Bosparser or SMB for some time now (summer's just too busy with other stuff), would be interesting to know if they added the player position entries back.

AFAIK, it was debugging related log entry type. After debugging was finished, those entries were excluded from logging.

AFAIK, it was debugging related log entry type. After debugging was finished, those entries were excluded from logging.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

It would be neat if the debug logging could be re-enabled using a setting in startup.cfg, though I understand that wouldn't be a top priority.

Hi,

since the last update i got this error message:

{"timestamp":1450116410032,"status":500,"error":"Internal Server Error","exception":"java.lang.NullPointerException","message":null,"path":"/rest/view/reports"}

Any ideas!?

Thomas

Hi,

{"timestamp":1450116410032,"status":500,"error":"Internal Server Error","exception":"java.lang.NullPointerException","message":null,"path":"/rest/view/reports"}

Any ideas!?

Thomas

Hi,

I havn't had time to try it myself. It's possible the log file format have changed even more making Bosparser fail. I may have some time during x-mas to take a look at it.

I am going to bite the bullet & finally try to install this...unless there is news from Studio777 incorporating something like this into an upcoming patch...so is there any new news?

Hi Lupson,

that looks good, thanks

Thomas

Hi,

I ran a quick mission earlier tonight and imported it into Bosparser without issues.

If someone can send me a PM with a log file that doesn't work I can take a look at it myself.

Please note that I havn't tried bosparser with the Stalingrad summer map or any other map than the standard winter Stalingrad one.

Hi,

Any ideas!?

Thomas

Hi,

Problem solved. Two corrupt mission-report-files found. After deleting all works fine

Thomas

PS: Lupson, thx for your great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, guys. Bosparser on Win10 isn't started. What to do?

Hi,

what kind of problem do you have trying to start it? Can you enter a command shell, change into the bosparser directory and start by typing bosparser.bat?

I suspect there might be a problem with your PATH and Java. What happens if you enter a command shell and then type:

java --version

?

I havn't used Win 10 myself (still on Win 7) but Java (which is required for bosparser) should work the same way I guess.

So, it seems that the application does not handle spaces in the directory path. 

E.g., it works if I set the "D:\\missionlogs" as the directory in 'config/application.properties', but not if it is, e.g. "D:\\Program Files\\1C path\\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\\data".

I've tried quoting the whole path, but that did not work. I could try escaping the spaces etc.?

So, it seems that the application does not handle spaces in the directory path. 

E.g., it works if I set the "D:\\missionlogs" as the directory in 'config/application.properties', but not if it is, e.g. "D:\\Program Files\\1C path\\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\\data".

I've tried quoting the whole path, but that did not work. I could try escaping the spaces etc.?

Ok, it seems to work now with:

reports.directory = D:\\Program Files\\1C Game Studios\\IL-2\\data

Only difference from what I had before is the drive letter is capitalized?

Hi there..I have followed all instructions slavishly...run bat etc seems to be all ok...but when I type in localhost into my browser...nothing is coming up...Win 10, latest ver of Java...my path to my data ingame seems to be correct...

Hi there..I have followed all instructions slavishly...run bat etc seems to be all ok...but when I type in localhost into my browser...nothing is coming up...Win 10, latest ver of Java...my path to my data ingame seems to be correct...

change the server port to 8080 and you're set buddy!

make sure you have double \\ in your path from X:\\to-bos-root\\to-log-locations

and when you visit in browser make sure you type localhost:8080 or whatever port you picked

I did everything perfect but randomly tried changing the port and it worked all of a sudden. Try reading the other posts, this is where I got the idea from..

Hmm, apparently I'm having an issue with my BoS.LogParser.Offline application (didn't even know what it was until I came upon this thread - is this automatically installed with BoS? TBH I don't recall installing it, but if it's a 3rd party app/mod maybe I did, lol).

I just ran the latest BoS update, after not flying BoS for a while. When I tried to fly offline tonight, whenever I jumped into a quick mission, as soon as I was in the air my screen would go black for a second, and then I'd get a pop up saying BoS.LogParser.Offline stopped working, or some such. I had to click a button (forget what the button label was) in order to close it and take control of my aircraft again, then it would repeat. After a couple times, I just clicked the link that said "send the error automatically" so I wouldn't have to keep clicking on it. After that, my screen would repeatedly go black for a second, then come back (due to the error dialog closing automatically), - it made BoS unplayable!

After exiting, I found the "Lparser" folder and saw the BoS.LogParser.Offline.exe, BoS.LogParser.Offline.dll, etc., and simply renamed the folder to something like "Lparser.bak", just so it couldn't be found by BoS, to see what happened.

After that, I can fly BoS without the black screens, but the question is, do I need BoS.LogParser.Offline for Norma BoS usage? Is it needed for the campaigns, or even just simple or quick missions to see the flight log/results? I hadn't had this issue before, so not sure why it would stop working after the latest update.

Thanks

Edit - uninstalled IL2 BoS, reinstalling, see if that fixes it.

Edited by AKA_Relent

I can't seem to make it find the log files, I suppose they have changed and this app is not compatible anymore. I can connect with a client and see the page, but since all stats are empty there isn't much to do. Is there a work-around?

IL-2 version 2.012d

Win7 x64

Java 1.8.0_77

2018-01-21 08:41:19.273  WARN 6016 --- [p-nio-80-exec-3] se.lu.bos.scanner.ReportFileScannerBean  : Specified report directory 's:\games\IL-2\data' is empty or does not exist. 

As far as I can tell, this is still working (except for the map), so you probably did not configure it correctly.

Have you instructed the game to write out txt-log files in startup.cfg? [mission_text_log = 1]

Is reports.directory in /config/application.properties of the parser correctly configured? Something like this: reports.directory = c:\\Program Files\\SteamApps\\common\\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\\data (if you are using steam). The double Backslashes are needed for java.

Edited by JG4_dingsda
  • Upvote 1

Yes, that must be the mission_text_log because I have binary log files (directory was fine). Thanks :)

I was looking for a way to parse those ".mlg" file and just realized there was this option to get text logs then came here to update my post... and saw you just gave the answer!

Do you know if there is a way to convert the mlg files back to text? I see there is a parser and its libraries (BoS.LogParser.Offline) but couldn't get any information on that.

It's apparently to launch it with the "lparser" option like this:

./BoS.LogParser.Offline lparser "../FlightLogs/missionReport(2018-01-20_20-52-30).mlg"

But it's a single summary output file, doesn't seem to contain all the data in the binary file. I tried to rename it to a .txt or .log file and copy that to either FlightLogs or logs subdirectory but without success. I'm not really sure what the text log files contain or how they are named, I'll have to launch a mission in text mode later and see the result.

Edited by Redglyph

Well done Lupson, although I hope it is only a temporary solution and the developers will officially add such a function that can be accessed from inside the game.

+ infinite

Edited by PA_Spartan-