Rolling_Thunder

US multiplayer

God I am sick of this. During European prime time, the servers are full, so apparently you're wrong if that many people are enjoying the game, so just stop this nonsense already. Get off the forums if you don't like the game.

No offense Sir, that is just my opinion and I was only answering the OP. You have to admit, for a 2 month old game, it is very quiet on the servers. Again, the "Truth" hurts sometimes.

S!Blade<><

• Upvote 1

i can't speak for other Americans but I have not been flying BoS lately because of the lack of people on any server that are on Team Speak.  I like the chit chat.  I suspect I will be back when 'the ME' comes out.  I have been flying CLOD this last month.  I actually like most things about BoS better.  BoS feel of flight is a little better (and is top notch) and the ground looks a whole lot more real.

Still, both are great cfs to me.

No offense Sir, that is just my opinion and I was only answering the OP. You have to admit, for a 2 month old game, it is very quiet on the servers. Again, the "Truth" hurts sometimes.

S!Blade<><

It would hurt if it were the truth. I check online.il2 constantly, played all day today, I stopped counting over 60 players today. Is that dead compared to Clod and especially 1946? I think that's solid for a 2 month old game.

Edited by Silky

God I am sick of this. During European prime time, the servers are full, so apparently you're wrong if that many people are enjoying the game, so just stop this nonsense already. Get off the forums if you don't like the game.

It is the results of poor game design implemention, handcuffed use of the product and disrespectful PR, nothing more and nothing less. It is what it is, the truth hurts sometimes.

S!Blade<><

Silky,

Blade just stated his opinion on why USA servers are low populated. if you look at what he said it does handcuff right now those players and squads that want a certain online style. Is it because USA flyers are use to the Il2 style of multiplay it offered.  Or Instead across the pond they prefer dogfight servers. Our squad is waiting for the rest of features to be finished as Jason stated.That is why this USA Squad of 20 are not populating the USA servers right now.

I have been on Europe's dogfight servers and have fun, it is just not my main play.

I play BF4 to just jump on a server and have fun with no real purpose. Flight sim's  our squad rather fly as close as possible like a real life mission not a quake server. We are hoping this sim takes off for the potential it has. So please dont tell me to bug off.

A few of us (up to five sometimes) fly on US eastern nights.  We fly the European server not because we want to, but because the US server is incomplete.  I have logged on their server and there are no objectives of any kind.  It looks like something I would throw up if I didn't know what I was doing.  Clearly a lot of work needs to be done.  US had a excellent server, but we all know what happened.  There needs to be a "good" US server before the numbers will return.  The ping does bother me.  There are times when we are dogfighting each other on ts, and one "sees" a firing solution and the other does not "see" a firing solution.  1/4 of a second (250 ping) does make a difference in a snap shot.  Then if both players have a large ping, then the problem compounds itself.  I like to have ping at less than 100 to feel fair in a close dogfight.    

It would hurt if it were the truth. I check online.il2 constantly, played all day today, I stopped counting over 60 players today. Is that dead compared to Clod and especially 1946? I think that's solid for a 2 month old game.

Wow 60 whole players? Nice.  Are you actually comparing BOS to IL2 1946 as far as online participation? Really? Sliky, if you are happy and satified with that, good for you. I was just answering the OP with my personel take on why the US servers are dead. We have different opinions and observations, no harm, no fowl, but please don't ask me to leave as I paid   the 95$ admission fee and have the right to join in on some of the more interesting threads just as you do. For one thing, the lack of Coop Servers and Capaign based Coop servers is one huge reason the US servers are dead, not to mention the 32 or 48 plane limit per server right now. The fact that Squads cannot have Squad skins or Squad markings and nose art is another. The fact that unless eveyone in a Squad has unlocked all the upgrades for thier chosen Squadron plane, then everyone in the Sqaud cannot fly out with the same loadout. Pings over 100 in this day and age are ridicules and over 200 certainly will have lagg and warping at times. Hopefully future updates will address these oversights and open BOS up little so that others besides DF and Air Quake pilots will have something to enjoy and want to participate in. Don't take my differing view from yours as an insult. It is merely my vocalization of my hope for a much better  and more customer satifying BOS in both SP and MP, and also my Frustration at the state that BOS is currently in in both SP and MP as I see it currently.

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Upvote 1

S!Blade<><

An opinion based on complete nonsense, but an opinion none the less.  

Here's the thing, during European weekend prime time there are more people playing BoS MP than are playing CoD.  That isn't an opinion, that's a fact.    That's pretty sad for a game that BoS haters seem to think is the second coming...

is the non-FW 190 flying 'Syndicate' server with a ping of about '370'. 

If you want the 190 so bad, fly the supply missions to get them at the airfields. I've used the 190 plenty on Syndicate, despite it not belonging at all. My ping to that server is 80ms from East Coast US.

There are plenty playing online, just European players mostly.

I guarantee that once an American plane shows up, the US numbers will jump. It was the same with Il-2 at launch. Il-2 at launch actually had pitiful numbers too, it only supported 8 (maybe it was 16) players in hosted mode (no dedicated server) and required IPX lobbies to find/host/join games - such as Kali and later Hyperlobby - and that lasted for a few years until the dedicated server came about.

As a matter of fact, all new air combat sims have a slow upstart and then grow. They are never a release day huge numbers online.

Edited by FuriousMeow

Here's the thing, during European weekend prime time there are more people playing BoS MP than are playing CoD.  That isn't an opinion, that's a fact.    That's pretty sad for a game that BoS haters seem to think is the second coming...

I could have sworn the topic says US multiplayer. Also, I dont believe your "facts".

I also find saying BoS haters, as bad as BoS fanboys. I wonder if you will get a PM from a moderator like people do who use the latter.

I could have sworn the topic says US multiplayer. Also, I dont believe your "facts".

I also find saying BoS haters, as bad as BoS fanboys. I wonder if you will get a PM from a moderator like people do who use the latter.

The topic says US multiplayer, but Blademeister's post had nothing to do with US multiplayer, it was just a rehashing of his usual whining.

I really don't care if you don't believe it.  I've checked it over several weekends, so I know it's true.

• Upvote 2

The topic says US multiplayer, but Blademeister's post had nothing to do with US multiplayer, it was just a rehashing of his usual whining.

I really don't care if you don't believe it. I've checked it over several weekends, so I know it's true.

I never said I hated BOS. I am severely disappointed in it, but I do not had it. I answered the OP just like anybody else here with no drama, but as usual the BOS fanboys take exception to anyone who does not think BOS is the second coming. Then they ask you to leave and as a last resort label you as a hater and then insinuate that I am comparing BOS to CLOD. I never mentioned CLOD MP numbers??? Your true colors shine sir, what a joke.

S!Blade<><

• Upvote 2

I can't even play in SYN any due to constant connection drops,unfortunately it is the only server with a semblance of a pop during USTZ. Until a better option opens up, looks like I will not be playing this game.

I never said I hated BOS. I am severely disappointed in it, but I do not had it. I answered the OP just like anybody else here with no drama, but as usual the BOS fanboys take exception to anyone who does not think BOS is the second coming. Then they ask you to leave and as a last resort label you as a hater and then insinuate that I am comparing BOS to CLOD. I never mentioned CLOD MP numbers??? Your true colors shine sir, what a joke.

S!Blade<><

It surprises me that some people are concerned about being "labelled" into a group when they constantly define something as arcade, and feel it their "civic duty" to warn everyone that they should not buy this "poor" product

Then are  somehow shocked that those that enjoy and get pleasure (even with its faults) out of the product, take offence, and anyone who suggests a different opinion than they, are immediately hit by the catchall "fanboy card"

your true colours shine sir, what a joke :cool:

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 1

S!Blade<><

Blademeister, your response to the OP was not directly related to US MP.  It was a list of complaints that could also apply to European MP, CloD, or any other game.  And since European MP has higher weekend attendance than CloD, presumably CloD must have bigger issues in those areas than BoS.

Or US MP attendance is unrelated to any of those issues.

Blademeister, your response to the OP was not directly related to US MP

Neither was yours:

Neither was yours:

I was responding to Blademeister, not the OP.  I have no idea why US MP is not as busy as European.  But the same is true for RoF, so it's probably unrelated to anything Blademeister posted.

I live in the USA but generally join Syndicate server as the others I have tried had no real mission or objectives (and I enjoy bombing things).

It surprises me that some people are concerned about being "labelled" into a group when they constantly define something as arcade, and feel it their "civic duty" to warn everyone that they should not buy this "poor" product

Then are  somehow shocked that those that enjoy and get pleasure (even with its faults) out of the product, take offence, and anyone who suggests a different opinion than they, are immediately hit by the catchall "fanboy card"

your true colours shine sir, what a joke :cool:

Cheers Dakpilot

If I feel that BOS is an arcade game, and I never said that in this thread, then I am entitled to that opinion, but I do not post that everywhere. I have never posted anywhere telling anyone not to Purchase BOS. I have posted that I feel compelled in the face of over zeallous fan boyism , to respond to their often misleading one dimesional information about BOS. I.E. ---> BOS has the best Graphics and Dm of any flight Sim, check out the YT vids and you will want to buy it.  So when I see statements like this, I feel compelled to share my honest opinion from my personel experience with BOS, even if it does differ from those that think BOS is really good. I do not share that same opinion of BOS being that good, and that is my right.  BOS and 1C/777 should be held accountable for their good characteristics and their not so good charcteristics. People post here to attest to both of these, and that is what I have done here, answering the OP, nothing more and nothing less, until BSR & now you Dakpilot have misrepresented and attacked what I said.  I am used to it, BSR does the same thing on the ROF Forum, shout somone down, take there posts out of context, shift the focus and label the non conformist a "Hater" becuase he doest agree with me. Just get over it, suck it up and move on, that is always the gist of what he posts to those whom he does not agree with.  I am not posting here to become "liked" by anyone, I simply post here when I feel I have something to add that is relevant. I did that in my response to the OP in a short concise statement. Any post I have made since then has only been to respond to an unprovoked attack on my OP.

Dakpilot, since BSR posted this shocked response first(hater), lets take your post and put it in perspectives, since he first labelled me as a "Hater" ---> 

It surprises me that some people are concerned about being "labelled" into a group when they constantly define something as a simulation, and feel it their "civic duty" to convince everyone that they should  buy this "IL2 Successor" product, even when it doesn't do either very well.

Then are  somehow shocked that those that do not enjoy and do not get pleasure (even with its good points noted) out of the product, take offence, and anyone who suggests a different opinion than they have, are immediately hit by the catchall "Hater card".

This seems to fit the current situation much better than what you wrote. I have not lashed out or attacked anyone or even BOS or 1C/777 for that matter.

Blademeister, your response to the OP was not directly related to US MP.  It was a list of complaints that could also apply to European MP, CloD, or any other game.  And since European MP has higher weekend attendance than CloD, presumably CloD must have bigger issues in those areas than BoS.

Or US MP attendance is unrelated to any of those issues.

I don't see your correlation as I never mentioned the Euro MP or CLOD or any other Sim in my OP?

BSR, I posted my response to the OP, and I said what I believe to be true about the OPs' question. Who are you to say what my intetions were at that time or what they are right now? You can interpret it any way you like, but that does not mean that your interpretation was my intention. You are not God, your are not omniscient, not even close.  I find it funny how threads with labelled "Haters" of BOS  and personel attacks against 1C/777  and  fanboy Forum members are commonly locked, deleted and warnings or bans are sent out to those posting such attacks, yet I am attacked here becuase of one response to the OP (a non attacking post) and yet not one Moderator has done anything to stop it???  Not that i really expected a moderation to protect my rights here or enforce the Forum Rules in an unbiased manor, but it is funny how BOS Moderators and Forum members take offense when they read in other Forums that they are labelled as being biased and promoting fanboyism on the BOS Forums.

There is nothing more for me to write, except, please read my OP and see if this really warranted going here??? Whether you agreed with or disliked my OP  or not.

S!Blade<><

• Upvote 1

I don't see your correlation as I never mentioned the Euro MP or CLOD or any other Sim in my OP?

No, I mentioned it because the fact that European BoS MP is very active directly contradicts the complaints you posted.  If the things you're complaining about were the reason for low US MP numbers, they should also cause low European MP numbers.  But they don't.  European MP numbers are actually very good.  So the reasons for low US MP numbers are probably NOT what you seen to think they are.  You are certainly welcome to disagree, but the facts don't support your views.

Edited by BraveSirRobin

Ya know, it's a strange thing, but the more people talk about a game on a forum, the less it's being played.

Find the quiet forum and you'll find a successful game. Find a noisy forum, and you'll find something else. :)

• Upvote 1

No, I mentioned it because the fact that European BoS MP is very active directly contradicts the complaints you posted.  If the things you're complaining about were the reason for low US MP numbers, they should also cause low European MP numbers.  But they don't.  European MP numbers are actually very good.  So the reasons for low US MP numbers are probably NOT what you seen to think they are.  You are certainly welcome to disagree, but the facts don't support your views.

My OP: 

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:49

It is the results of poor game design implementation, handcuffed use of the product and disrespectful PR, nothing more and nothing less.It is what it is, the truth hurts sometimes.

1. poor game design implementation.  No online Xpoints to unlock Upgraded weapons.

No Lobby chat room in MP interface screen.

No MP Coop Servers, No MP Coop Campaign Servers

No Dynamic MP Campaign Servers.

2.handcuffed use of product                No FMB (I know, it is coming this month)

No user made skins, nose art.

cannot use all upgrades and skins online without SP Xgrind

no user made content allowed in game yet(user made static or active objects for

more diversity)

3.PR                                                      some, not all, PR is quite disrespectful towards customers: Possibly turning off

US customers from using US Servers(or any server for that matter) obviously, this is IMHO

This is breaking down specifically what I meant. Sorry if your interpretation is different from mine, but we each are entitled to our

experience, observation and conclusive opinion drawn from that.

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister

It is the results of poor game design implemention, handcuffed use of the product and disrespectful PR, nothing more and nothing less. It is what it is, the truth hurts sometimes.

S!Blade<><

The end of your post was left off somehow

Cheers Dakpilot

Sent Today, 05:07

"I personally don't want to see anyone else get burned for 95$ or even 55$ for this non IL2 successor and receive this poor product"

"I have never posted anywhere telling anyone not to Purchase BOS"

how do these two quotes from the same person make sense? don't worry about replying

Cheers Dakpilot

I was P.M.ed this,   I guess as an accusation of lying in my post earlier? That is my guess???

Here is the post from SHQ, it is 3rd from  the bottom I think. http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4022129/13

Sorry to do this, but i don't like  the P.M. game, so I want all my cards on the table. I have written way more than I ever intended

to from simply answering the OP. My apologies to anyone upset with the off topic sidetrack that has ensued, as I have tried to stay OT, but have had to defend my right to my experience, observation and my opinions that have resulted from this.

S!Blade<><

This is breaking down specifically what I meant. Sorry if your interpretation is different from mine, but we each are entitled to our

experience, observation and conclusive opinion drawn from that.

S!Blade<><

The only reason our "experience" and "interpretation" is different is because you're oblivious to the fact that European MP attendance is actually pretty good.  This fact pretty much destroys your "interpretation".

Well, unless your post had nothing to do with US MP, and you're just using it as an excuse to rehash your complaints about the game....

The only reason our "experience" and "interpretation" is different is because you're oblivious to the fact that European MP attendance is actually pretty good.  This fact pretty much destroys your "interpretation".

Well, unless your post had nothing to do with US MP, and you're just using it as an excuse to rehash your complaints about the game....

Well as long as your opinion is asserted as the only correct one...mission accomplished, I suppose?

I'm not sure what you think you accomplish by trying to stifle other people's opinions when they don't align with yours. It only perpetuates the bad stuff about these forums. Nobody needs an excuse to rehash their complaints about anything...it's called a discussion and that's what this forum is here for.

Well as long as your opinion is asserted as the only correct one...mission accomplished, I suppose?

I'm not sure what you think you accomplish by trying to stifle other people's opinions when they don't align with yours. It only perpetuates the bad stuff about these forums. Nobody needs an excuse to rehash their complaints about anything...it's called a discussion and that's what this forum is here for.

I'm not trying to "quash" anything, I'm just pointing out that his complaints probably have nothing to do with US MP.  And since that's the subject of this thread, it seems like a valid point to make.

It's called a discussion.

Edited by BraveSirRobin
  • Upvote 1

Everyone in the thread needs to step back a tad. PMs have been sent.

The title of the thread " US Multiplayer"

The OP.

"US multiplayer numbers are pitiful, PIT I FUL. Why are there no US players? I fully understand that online game play is arcadish at best, woeful at worst, at the moment. But everytime I go to play this game online there are zero US players. NONE at any time I've looked. I've just bought this game and I am really regretting the purchase. I want human interaction when I fly. I don't want the empty alone feeling I get when I fly single player. Try telling a joke to a bot. I can't fly in the Euro servers, a ping of 180 and up makes the game really frustrating and irritating, which makes this game a waste of hard disk space not to mention the $50 I spent on it."

I answered the post from my experience with BOS and my opinions are drawn from my conclusions about the US Multiplayer Servers being dead. Right, wrong or indiferent, I posted that to answer the OP.  As you continue to write the same thing over and over and over, misinterprting, putting words in my mouth and attacking me for my view and opinon, it is insulting, at the least, how you act like what you write is the end all "Gospel" word of truth, and that anyone that does not share your view is simply wrong.

Nothing could be farther from the truth. Your opinion is duly noted, as is mine,

BSR, you have always done a fine job at reinacting the premise of the movie "Groundhog Day" , and again you are displaying that ability here. Shout down, label, attack and simply insist that you are right and the other person is wrong and should just shut up and move along. You do this until the other person simply gives up and goes away. Unfortunately for the readers here, you will not just answer the OP and leave it at that, which is what I did in  the first place. I completely disagree with you , your opinions, your labelling of me, your attacks on my writing here and your insistance that you are always right and anyone else is always wrong. There really is nothing else to be said here, but if you continue to insist on posting your self imposed "God Like" wisdom as to how I am wrong and that I am just here with an ax to grind, then i will have  to continue to post and clear my name of your lies and overstating opinion of me.

S!Blade<><

OK, let's try looking at this from another angle.  Blademeister, do you have any explanation for why the European MP attendance is so good?  Do you think it's related to good game design?  If so, I'd be interested to hear all the great things about the game that attract Europeans to the MP servers.

OK, let's try looking at this from another angle.  Blademeister, do you have any explanation for why the European MP attendance is so good?  Do you think it's related to good game design?  If so, I'd be interested to hear all the great things about the game that attract Europeans to the MP servers.

That was not the OPs question. You would need to ask the European players that question, as I live in the US, hence, why I offered an answer to the OP in  the first place. Maybe, you should start  a new thread instead of derailing this one??? Just a suggestion? I give you my word, i would not post a response to it, as it would not concern me or my experience with BOS.

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister

That was not the OPs question. You would need to ask the European players that question, as I live in the US, hence, why I offered an answer to the OP in  the first place. Maybe, you should start  a new thread instead of derailing this one??? Just a suggestion?

S!Blade<><

Do you think the Europeans have access to a different game that doesn't have all the flaws that you pointed out?  I'm just wondering, because all those flaws should also affect European MP attendance, but they don't seem to.

Or maybe the flaws really have nothing to do with US MP attendance, and are only affecting Blademeister MP attendance.

Blademeister, do you play RoF MP?

Ya know, it's a strange thing, but the more people talk about a game on a forum, the less it's being played.

Find the quiet forum and you'll find a successful game. Find a noisy forum, and you'll find something else. :)

Sorry but that is completly false. For example, Dragon Age Inquisition. Another, Elite Dangerous. I can keep going....

Do you think the Europeans have access to a different game that doesn't have all the flaws that you pointed out?  I'm just wondering, because all those flaws should also affect European MP attendance, but they don't seem to.

Or maybe the flaws really have nothing to do with US MP attendance, and are only affecting Blademeister MP attendance.

Blademeister, do you play RoF MP?

He answered your question....yet you continue to poke.  Glad you think the numbers on EU servers are great for a less than 3 month old game. If you are trying to lock this thread, keep going....

He answered your question....yet you continue to poke.  Glad you think the numbers on EU servers are great for a less than 3 month old game. If you are trying to lock this thread, keep going....

Thank you. +1

The US Servers are dead, mostly empty, hence the OPs question. I live in  the US. I will leave you to draw your own conclusion and answer your own question.

S!Blade<><

I wonder which great numbers does he mean? Yesterday Peak were around 60-70 People online? I mean, its not more than in CloD or Il-2 1946 for a game released last month a really bad sign.

I wonder which great numbers does he mean? Yesterday Peak were around 60-70 People online? I mean, its not more than in CloD or Il-2 1946 for a game released last month a really bad sign.

European weekend numbers for BoS have been better than CloD every time I have checked for the last few weeks.

Thats my same thinking. I have not looked at the numbers personally in BoS, only what has been posted in this thread, but for a new release I would expect a lot more.

European weekend numbers for BoS have been better than CloD every time I have checked for the last few weeks.

Yeah, wait and I had the opposite observation... and now I post some steamcharts because they are the only tool we currently have to compare numbers...

http://www.xup.to/dl,14627310/1946.JPG/

http://www.xup.to/dl,10205258/cliffs_of_dover.JPG/

http://www.xup.to/dl,99606655/battle_of_stalingrad.JPG/

But hey, this says nothing I guess...

Edited by Stab/JG26_Auva

Thats my same thinking. I have not looked at the numbers personally in BoS, only what has been posted in this thread, but for a new release I would expect a lot more.

It would be interesting to compare the BoS MP numbers 2 months after release with the CoD numbers 2 months after release.  However, I'm not sure that would be fair since CoD was still unplayable for many people 2 months after release.

Yeah, wait and I had the opposite observation... and now I post some steamcharts because they are the only tool we currently have to compare numbers...

You know that steam only gets those number of people who bought BoS on steam right ? Anyways, just check the number people playing on online servers and you will clearly see that sometimes, there are more people playing BoS than CloD.

http://www.xup.to/dl,14627310/1946.JPG/

http://www.xup.to/dl,10205258/cliffs_of_dover.JPG/

http://www.xup.to/dl,99606655/battle_of_stalingrad.JPG/

But hey, this says nothing I guess...

Thanks. Those are interesting.

It would be interesting to compare the BoS MP numbers 2 months after release with the CoD numbers 2 months after release.  However, I'm not sure that would be fair since CoD was still unplayable for many people 2 months after release.

Sure you could compare, although I dont think its relavant to the discussion. In fact CLoD is just as unplayable today as it was 2 months after release....without the Team Fusion Mod.

Back on topic, US server is dead for many reasons I assume. Aside from issues with the actual game, is there still not a US expert server since Eagles Nest? Maybe it will bump up with the Dserver coming this month?

You know that steam only gets those number of people who bought BoS on steam right ? Anyways, just check the number people playing on online servers and you will clearly see that sometimes, there are more people playing BoS than CloD.

Do you have a better chart?