Rolling_Thunder

US multiplayer

US multiplayer numbers are pitiful, PIT I FUL. Why are there no US players? I fully understand that online game play is arcadish at best, woeful at worst, at the moment. But everytime I go to play this game online there are zero US players. NONE at any time I've looked. I've just bought this game and I am really regretting the purchase. I want human interaction when I fly. I don't want the empty alone feeling I get when I fly single player. Try telling a joke to a bot. I can't fly in the Euro servers, a ping of 180 and up makes the game really frustrating and irritating, which makes this game a waste of hard disk space not to mention the $50 I spent on it. 

ping of 180 is literally completely fine

ping doesnt matter basically at all in this game as long as ur internet connection is stable people shouldnt warp and thats the only time things become an issue

• Upvote 5

May be US players are not interested by the Stalingrad and Eastern front and prefer to fly on the PTO , MTO or ETO

May be US players are not interested by the Stalingrad and Eastern front and prefer to fly on the PTO , MTO or ETO

Yeah, except DCS WW2 Europe also has like 15 players at the highest on it's WW2 servers. WT's US prime time players count if also pitiful.

American players are not interested in flight sim, it seems.

Edited by GrapeJam

ping of 180 is literally completely fine

ping doesnt matter basically at all in this game as long as ur internet connection is stable people shouldnt warp and thats the only time things become an issue

My internet is fine. I have no problem playing other games with a ping of 180 or more. Maybe it's the code

I'm pretty sure if they weren't interested in the eastern front they wouldn't have bought the game

My internet is fine. I have no problem playing other games with a ping of 180 or more. Maybe it's the code

I'm pretty sure if they weren't interested in the eastern front they wouldn't have bought the game

no it is your internet

i play on european servers all the time from the west coast with 0 problems

sometimes hits take a bit to register, but thats about it

I have got on during prime time US about 6-7 pm and seen zero people on. It's disapointing. I don't have any problem playing on Syndicate with a ping of about 170 or so.

alaska here, 220-240 ping to euro servers, more than 95% of the time no problems

• Upvote 1

I think a lot of us players do play on the Euro servers, I would consider jumping over there

I think a lot of us players do play on the Euro servers, I would consider jumping over there

I think i'll uninstall this game and jump into DCS.

Adios

LOL

I just laugh at those people bitching because there are few US people playing. If thats the case I could throw out my pc, as I live in Brazil, and we never have flight sim servers.

I play on the EU and russian server no problem whatsoever, and see others players just fine, no warping or teleporting.

Edited by istruba

I think i'll uninstall this game and jump into DCS.

Adios

EU time now has a decent amount of players. GIve it a little more time and I am sure there will be more US servers. 

In my opinion the MP in BOS on a full server like the Syndicate is second to none.  Thats the real "campaign" for me and my 19te Sqaudron.

Well, I think he has a point.  A month or so ago you could get 15-20 people on one or other of the US servers but now they appear to have disappeared - completely.  Maybe they've all been killed in combat, .  I'd like to think so because at least then they'd have an excuse.  Anyway, who knows.  But down here in NZ the very best I can do right now, and expect to play with real people, is the non-FW 190 flying 'Syndicate' server with a ping of about '370'.  That's grim.  Not only for me but also, I imagine, for the combat sim blokes in Australia.

180 ping? Luxury! We get 350 in Australia but still manage to get along. Get on that European server.

For a long while, all Europeans were playing on an American server in clod. Because the only server in Europe/Asia was a DF server with fantasy maps. The ping wasn't an issue. Maybe your connection had some temporary problems.

Edited by Calvamos

around 230 ping on EU servers all the time, still no trouble for me (south america)

is the non-FW 190 flying 'Syndicate' server with a ping of about '370'.

There is a mission with the 190. Be sure to check it out, it one of my favorites, iirc, you can find the 190 in Basagino airfield.  :salute: Not all missions have the 190 though.

I'm afraid it's down to seeding, chaps. If you want to fly with folks locally you are gonna have to seed the local server. We had to do it in RoF...we did it in IL2:1946...we do it in BoS. People are fickle and will go where there is a population, so get in the server and wait for others to do the same.

I can't believe that there aren't folks in the US time zones that don't want to enjoy this title...

I'm on the east coast in Virginia. I typically see pings around 170-180 on the EU servers and normally around 90 on the US servers, no problems playing on either ones. I do agree that there is a lack of players on the US servers, used to be more but the numbers were never that great anyway. Maybe folks just got tired of dog fighting, I still enjoy it, and I still get shot down a lot, but it is fun either way. I sometimes log-on to the empty US servers and practice my ground attacks, waiting for other players to join but seldom does that happen. I never played a game on-line before BOS so it is still new to me but as long as I'm having fun I'll be around.

Edited by Gramps

Just finished a sortie on Syndicate. 250 ping most of the time.

No issues.

Last night I was dissuaded from playing because there was 37 players in the normal server, and 7 players in the expert.

Edited by Silky

Just finished a sortie on Syndicate. 250 ping most of the time.

No issues.

And we had a good fight together !
A well handled the 109 is a real challenge for a Yak's driver.

I'm used to fly on both sides and I didn't saw a good 109's driver like you since a long time !

Thx again for that fight

It is the results of poor game design implemention, handcuffed use of the product and disrespectful PR, nothing more and nothing less. It is what it is, the truth hurts sometimes.

S!Blade<><

• Upvote 4

It is the results of poor game design implemention, handcuffed use of the product and disrespectful PR, nothing more and nothing less. It is what it is, the truth hurts sometimes.

S!Blade<><

God I am sick of this. During European prime time, the servers are full, so apparently you're wrong if that many people are enjoying the game, so just stop this nonsense already. Get off the forums if you don't like the game.

Edited by Silky
  • Upvote 3

I know our squad is 20 active strong here in USA with only 8 of us buying BOS so far. We fly Il2 1946 since day one.We do not like to fly in dog fighting servers. We prefer online squad flying with missions in mind. Coops and campaigns like SEOW are our bread and butter. We are waiting to see if that environment will get started. I have to agree what Blade has stated.

• Upvote 1

I play on the Euro servers from Australia ping often between 300 and 400 and it plays fine no warping from me or others and it is the same for me with ROF, only issue I get is I have to be careful when someone is on my 6 it sometimes looks like you are not lined up to be shot when you are in reality but I get my fair share of kills in ROF and have never had a complaint back from the other players about me warping etc.

And we had a good fight together !

A well handled the 109 is a real challenge for a Yak's driver.

I'm used to fly on both sides and I didn't saw a good 109's driver like you since a long time !

Thx again for that fight

Likewise, thanks for a fantastic fight! You flew your Yak with great skill :).

Maybe folks just got tired of dog fighting, I still enjoy it.

In the U.S. that might be the case. Not sure abut the rest of the world, but we've had MP for a long time here back to the days of Aces of the Pacific, then Air Warrior, etc and I just got tired of Kung Fun ACM fights. Things really shifted to co-op when IL-2 first came out and I think when BoS adds co-op the U.S. numbers will really pick up. Aces High is a pure dogfight game with mostly U.S. players and its dying off. Fighter Ace went out of business. I just don't think U.S. players are much into dogfighting anymore...they're more into missions, and with co-op the missions stay organized much better than with humans flying both sides.

I will be looking forward to coop missions, I think they probably are the key to increasing the numbers, at least in the states.

I know our squad is 20 active strong here in USA with only 8 of us buying BOS so far. We fly Il2 1946 since day one.We do not like to fly in dog fighting servers. We prefer online squad flying with missions in mind. Coops and campaigns like SEOW are our bread and butter. We are waiting to see if that environment will get started. I have to agree what Blade has stated.

Depending on your squad's settings you can have a blast on the DF servers.  For example 6 of us set up a jabo run on the DED expert server then carried out a fighter sweep back to our base.  Bridge destroyed, long flight with nothing to see then a short sharp fight to save a FW that wasn't part of our group.  Very much "real".

Not all of us had unlocks either.

von Tom

I suspect that once the ME is released that will change somewhat. I can't speak for anyone else but I have not been online in a good while.. but that will change once I can clear my calendar up after the holidays.

Lord, im in Nevada and never have issues on the Euro servers, it takes a few seconds to connect and download the map but its stable for me... PM me next time you go to play and I will try and get on with ya...

I just started flying MP with the C6 guys, and the lag from Vermont is no problem at all. 120ms is the average.

And really, isn't that bloody amazing?

Anyway, it'd be nice for us to get some more local servers, but the EU ones are fine.

• Upvote 1

When eagle's nest died along with abortedman's work USTZ died with it. At least until dserver is fully released and someone else with talent steps up.

• Upvote 1

I just started flying MP with the C6 guys, and the lag from Vermont is no problem at all. 120ms is the average.

And really, isn't that bloody amazing?

Anyway, it'd be nice for us to get some more local servers, but the EU ones are fine.

Vermont is beautiful. I grew up in MA. I really miss that part of the country.

Sorry for the sidebar chat.