-DED- Server's. From Russia with Love ;)

On 12/1/2019 at 1:00 PM, -DED-Rapidus said:

the preset normal does not allow access to switch off  "exit  to the briefing without landings"

I think this might be a bug (seeing as the setting is not part of the difficulty options). I've just done some testing on this, and whilst it doesn't let you save that setting if "difficulty" is set to normal, it will save if that setting is changed using a text editor. That would let the server keep the normal difficulty chevrons on the list and keep that setting on.

ie changing "finishMissionIfLanded = 0" to "finishMissionIfLanded = 1" whilst keeping normal presets seems to work fine. However, changing "unlimitAmmo = false" to "unlimitAmmo = true", for example, does not give unlimited ammo if "normal" setting is still set.

Edit: Kuban seems to be giving a file transfer error. "Unable to save file to disk".

Edited by SpocksOddSocks
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Tankists are pray switch off this option, ok?

I would respectfully disagree.

Bombing assist is for bombers and strike aircraft, not tanks. It was an integral part of the Normal Difficulty game before tanks were included.

Having bombing assist for pilots on won't stop me from taking a tank. Turning it off will stop many people from bombing.

If bombing assist is turned off, the benefits will go to:

• Tiger players; who face no persistent challenge on the ground.

• Fighter-only players; who don't want to be rivalled by bomber-players on the stats.

In addition, it undermines the server's status as the game's primary Normal Difficulty server.

People who play on Normal Difficulty need a place to play the game that they learned. I don't want to see that already fragmented community seperated by needless customisation.

_________

These are tank-stats on the OMD Normal Difficulty server:

http://ohmydog.mooo.com:8080/en/tankmans/?tour=6&page=1

These are tanker-stats of a Tiger player who agues to disable standard functions:

http://ohmydog.mooo.com:8080/en/tankman/211/spiker/?tour=6

_________

I have witnessed hundreds of player-tanks being rammed by player-aircraft over the years. Most were destroyed. Some players would rather end their virtual life than take a tank and show some skill. Sadly, in some quarters it is now a standard tactic. I regard this kind of behaviour as much nastier and less in keeping with the spirit of the game.

• Pilots need to support and protect their ground forces

• Tankers need to call on air support and use cover

Edited by Johnny-Red
  • Upvote 3
  • 1CGS
On 12/9/2019 at 6:49 PM, -DED-Rapidus said:

Tankists are pray switch off this option, ok?

14 hours ago, Blackmessiah1975 said:

There is no bombing assist on server.

Yes, this option is switch off

WIP: New map Arras

Edited by -DED-Rapidus
5 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Yes, this option is switch off

I think most would prefer that it be switched on.

Yes, tanks are sitting ducks and although I like to jump in a tank now and then (and eventually get blown to bits) - I think most of us are here for the aircraft side of things.

• Upvote 2

Tanks are vulnerable even with the bomb assist off. I can't remember anyone complaining about having a bombing assist on normal difficulty. 🤷‍♀️

Pandering to tiger players and switching it off is just going to shove allied tank players out the back door since tigers can't be taken on without air support.

I'd like to see the bomb sight switched back on - Tankers are quite resilient anyway, I couldn't spend all that time crawling around on the floor while the real fight is in the air. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Please return bomb assist - or remove ace level flak.

Slow, level bombers like He-111, Ju88 bombing from 3-4,000 meters or more are like sitting ducks for ace level flak gunners. Ace level gunners are completely unrealistic with ability to see through trees, smoke, clouds etc - insane accuracy and guns never overheat, etc.

Maps are too short to climb to higher altitudes. Please consider it - other wise factories are nearly immune to being destroyed on such short map cycles and nobody is taking the time to level bomb anymore.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree with CUJO entirely:

Please reinstate bomb aiming assist.

Tanks no longer need air-cover to operate. This has undermined tactical gameplay. An unintended consequence has been that ramming has now become the most effective way to attack player tanks:

Some players preferred ramming even before the sight was turned off.

Now these same people are the only players who can accurately target armour.

Bomber player-activity is also reduced as CUJO stated above. People who play normal difficulty should not be required to learn (or may not be able) to use the simulated bomb sighting available on some planes. People don't come here for full realsm.

The net effect of turning off bombing-assist has been to reduce player-activity in bombing.

_________

I understand how easy it is to bloat a mission with excess linked entities and AI load, but the role of AA does require some revision for the sake of realism and playability:

• Attacking an alerted airfield with fixed guns solo or in a small group should be a feat of near-suicidal courage. Airfields need to be covered by a withering storm of automatic AA guns of all calibres.

• Level bombing from medium altitude should be scary, but survivable in most cases. Heavy flak should be very innacurate, but quite concentrated. Some gun-laying for heavy flak should be in game, but there should also be area / barrage fire. Heavy flak should be protected by AA machineguns.

1 hour ago, CUJO_1970 said:

Maps are too short to climb to higher altitudes. Please consider it - other wise factories are nearly immune to being destroyed on such short map cycles

• Long range aviation (including medium and light bombers) should enter play at the back edge of the map at their respective bombing-altitude. Crews should just focus on the run in and flak evasion. No climbing should be required.

Please keep the markers on Rapidus:

Many other servers have them switched off. People who do not like or need them have many other places to go.

A few people have asked for markers to be switched-off over time.

For people who don't like to see markers; they can be toggled off client-side.

For people who worry about other players gaining a functional advantage in combat; why are they even on this server?

If everyone has exactly the same advantage, it's no longer an advantage in competitive terms.

Most, if not all -DED- Normal regulars are here because the Normal-presets enable them to play.

The player base here is far more diverse than on the Expert-preset servers; it includes people who for many different reasons are excluded from the Expert gaming environment.

We should strive to bring them together to maintain a vigorous and active player population.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys, what's with the systematic use of the vote ban system to ban @Ruthless_Killer? I know he's frustrating to fight against, but harassment like this seems pretty out of order.

Even if he has done some naughty stuff, I'm pretty sure it's only a couple of alt f4s at worst -  hardly crime of the century. When does this 'punishment' stop?

Please, I respect all flyers, but no one is perfect. Doing this at all is not fair, let alone for ever; can we please stop, soon, with the vote ban?

Also if anyone can please reach out to our Russian speaking friends, and suggest that it may have gone on for too long, and they should stop soon too please.

• Upvote 1

7. Comments containing profanity, personal insults, accusations of cheating, excessive rudeness, vulgarity, drug propaganda, political and religious discussion and propaganda, all manifestations of Nazism and racist statements, calls to overthrow governments by force, inciting ethnic hatred, humiliation of persons of a particular gender, sexual orientation or religion are not allowed and will result in a ban.

• Confused 2

7. Comments containing profanity, personal insults, accusations of cheating, excessive rudeness, vulgarity, drug propaganda, political and religious discussion and propaganda, all manifestations of Nazism and racist statements, calls to overthrow governments by force, inciting ethnic hatred, humiliation of persons of a particular gender, sexual orientation or religion are not allowed and will result in a ban.

Which part of NO accusations of cheating you guys do not understand?? Next one will result in a ban, be sure....

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
9 minutes ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@AeroAce , the coalition balancer is disabled. about the Tiger tank=what count of tiger tanks will not affect the game balance?

Honestly I would say 3 but people would not like that. Maybe 4-5. That way if they know they are limited they will try be more careful and have other tanks trying to support them. 

It is not very realistic to have infinite Tigers

Edited by AeroAce
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

DED Guys.  I would like to thank you for your server.  Particularly now where so many of us are confined in our homes, its been a Godsend to keep us all in touch and entertained.  I appreciate your efforts for us more than ever before.  

Thanks guys.

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...

Is there a setting on the DED normal server ("EU Official ...") which means the fuel doesn't get used up?

I was just on a mission in a Me262 where I set fuel to 100% , flew around for the whole mission, and at the end it looked like the fuel tanks were still full.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi amdins.

I would like to tell last days there are new pilots ... flying for GER, they change names each day. 

On of them Patreon RG10 ( JG13_7799gr, JG54Greuel, Strigoii) is going still to kill me. OK, thats nothing to obay rules, but he two times took plane in my side (RED) flew close behind me and when I was going to land (full landing config) he taran me (ramming) and killed both of us.

two times happend.

Plus he still writes agressive comments into chat and insult by words.

Plus whenever I am in the air he goes via me. 

Flying since that is not fun anymore.

thanks for focusing this.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Very frustrating Sky.  The  honest player community might need to  support each other in these circumstances by using the ban tool as a last resort.  For that to happen it will take the silent majority on the server to band together and help keep the server free from antisocial behaviour (which for me includes serial hacking as well as the behaviour you describe.) Flying should be fun but of late I kinda share your feeling that it no longer is.

• 3 weeks later...