-DED-Rapidus

-DED- Server's. From Russia with Love ;)

5 hours ago, AeroAce said:

I just know that you can actually read their forum

Very very slowly... lol

It would probably be more fair to say I know some words. Enough for me to get out of my depth in seconds lol.

On firmer ground - I note the server is restored.

Thanks to -DED-ASF :salute:

Blue destroyed 700 more ground targets and 300 more aircraft so far but are losing by an absurd 75-35 score on actual map victories. 

Active player base is half what it once was.

coconut server going offline soon...the future of normal setting servers doesn’t look so bright right now

On 6/8/2019 at 4:32 PM, CUJO_1970 said:

Server is down.

It was up this morning but back down by the time I downloaded 3.101 and was ready to fly this afternoon, sigh.

1 minute ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

It was up this morning but back down by the time I downloaded 3.101 and was ready to fly this afternoon, sigh.

Because they need to re-save the mission files for the new update. I thought the whole idea of Jason asking people if they have a perm server was so that he could send them a pre-release version and get it running before an update. Yes SIGH

I have a copy server up with the 262

1 hour ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

• Like 1

Flagged and re-flagged on the Russian forum gents. Thank Spocks, 48Anatoliy-P and Cebeu in chronological order :salute:

1 час назад, Cebeu сказал:

Сервер снова не работает.

As Aero points out, the missions will need converting, but there's also the issue of editting the plane sets to get the 262 into action. This is a mission-by-mission (not server-wide) action, and some missions (Moscow springs to mind) are a little more complicated than others. If that's not something the admins are comfortable with they will require the input of a third party.

As Coconut states in his server thread, it's a shame that maintaining a server requires such a complex skill set. The less people you have on the job, the more of a bother it is.

Lets hope it's sorted soon.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 6:42 PM, Johnny-Red said:

This is a mission-by-mission (not server-wide) action, and some missions (Moscow springs to mind) are a little more complicated than others.

I guess they could just convert the easy ones and run the server with them. There is no need to wait until they have fixed and tested them all. 

8 hours ago, AeroAce said:

I guess they could just convert the easy ones and run the server with them. There is no need to wait until they have fixed and tested them all.  

Agreed. It would seem to be the best way to get the show back on the road. Also, they have done that before which makes me wonder if it's not an option in this case...

13.06.2019 в 01:22, Johnny-Red сказал:

Есть ли новости о том, когда сервер будет доступен?

If I hear anything I'll let you know.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

***UPDATE***

The server is back online, but not all a/c are currently available.

Thanks to -DED-Rapidus for the restart and updated info :salute:

***UPDATE***

The available plane set does not appear to include any aircraft from BoBP. I believe they're working to fix this.

Edited by Johnny-Red

The server was back yesterday, I flew few sorties in 2 missions, but unfortunately no stats were recorded at the website. I hope all stats will be restored as the server will be back finally and permanently. Now it's off.

P.S.: Does anybody feel aircraft performances are changed? Bf 109 are little more "muddy" with elevator work as you turn horizontally.

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2019 at 3:28 AM, CUJO_1970 said:

Blue destroyed 700 more ground targets and 300 more aircraft so far but are losing by an absurd 75-35 score on actual map victories. 

Active player base is half what it once was.

coconut server going offline soon...the future of normal setting servers doesn’t look so bright right now

In my opinion, the lack of player numbers is due to the 262. Same issue on other servers at the moment. With unlimited access to a plane that can't be attacked/counter-attacked, it's not much fun for allies at the moment. Particularly so in a server with icons, as you cannot surprise the 262. At best, you can dodge it, but never engage it on your terms, while it is free to engage with impunity.

I personally feel that this server works best as a quick action/dogfight server. One could, in theory, climb as high as patience permits in something like a p 47 and launch high speed diving attacks, giving you maybe 1-2 passes before needing to repeat the climb procedure. This doesn't really fit with the vibe of the server, at least for me, so that is why I haven't flown.

As a side note, the thing is ridiculously easy to fly with no propeller torque. There must be new players out there, having only bought the game to fly this thing. Most seem to have learned the basic idea of retaining speed and not engaging in turn fights. Now, almost complete beginners can harass more experienced and skilled pilots with little to no threat of retaliation. The skill curve progression is all messed up, they are not having to go through the process of failure, learning and acquiring new skills

Edited by Tasmanaut
  • Like 1

Me 262 is easy to operate due to automatic throttle. Without this it would be harder for newbies to fly. I personally don't whin about killing servers by Me 262. Almost each mission is won by Allies because with the sky full of Me 262 Allied bombing runs are easy to perform. The fact is no one Allied plane can catch properly flown Me 262 but the opposite fact is: flying Me 262 it's so hard to shoot Spit IXe or any other plane being low and making turns. Of course I speak about Normal server with icons.

The server is ok for me: fast action, pure fun. The cons are: too less ground targets, maps go to the end too fast and the main minor thing - there is no server often.

Server is down again, it goes down every few days - the only variable is how long it stays down.

So frustrating.

9 hours ago, CUJO_1970 said:

Server is down again, it goes down every few days - the only variable is how long it stays down.

So frustrating.

I second this. What is wrong with the server as it crashes more regularly than he works.

With average low skill level 262s are not hard to beat.

What needs to be fixed asap is the invisible objects on the runways on the Stalingrad map. I have lost my stats to this too many times.

8 hours ago, AeroAce said:

With average low skill level 262s are not hard to beat.

Earth shattering news, with average low skill level any plane is not hard to beat. 

Also, I would like to sincerely apologize for my rampant 262 use on this server. I'm simply having way too much fun flying it. I can't put it down.

I also enjoy flying circles around AeroAce's Spitfire in it.

Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2019 at 9:08 PM, Tasmanaut said:

In my opinion, the lack of player numbers is due to the 262. Same issue on other servers at the moment. With unlimited access to a plane that can't be attacked/counter-attacked, it's not much fun for allies at the moment. Particularly so in a server with icons, as you cannot surprise the 262. At best, you can dodge it, but never engage it on your terms, while it is free to engage with impunity.

I personally feel that this server works best as a quick action/dogfight server. One could, in theory, climb as high as patience permits in something like a p 47 and launch high speed diving attacks, giving you maybe 1-2 passes before needing to repeat the climb procedure. This doesn't really fit with the vibe of the server, at least for me, so that is why I haven't flown.

As a side note, the thing is ridiculously easy to fly with no propeller torque. There must be new players out there, having only bought the game to fly this thing. Most seem to have learned the basic idea of retaining speed and not engaging in turn fights. Now, almost complete beginners can harass more experienced and skilled pilots with little to no threat of retaliation. The skill curve progression is all messed up, they are not having to go through the process of failure, learning and acquiring new skills

I agree.. No fun at all with the 262s and nothing allied available to keep up. At very best just annoying! Lets have some Meteors over there or at very least some Griffon Spitfires. Maybe not so authentic, but then neither is not being able to attack Axis 262s in storage as per reality.

In the meantime, I'm trying find a way to import my F-15, FA-18 etc from DCS.. 😁😅😅.. Same difference anyway lol. 

Edited by NAKE350

On 7/1/2019 at 6:25 PM, CUJO_1970 said:

Also, I would like to sincerely apologize for my rampant 262 use on this server. I'm simply having way too much fun flying it. I can't put it down.

I also enjoy flying circles around AeroAce's Spitfire in it.

Are u deluded! Fly around me all day but u have not got a shot on me xx

On 7/1/2019 at 7:32 PM, NAKE350 said:

I agree.. No fun at all with the 262s and nothing allied available to keep up. At very best just annoying! Lets have some Meteors over there or at very least some Griffon Spitfires. Maybe not so authentic, but then neither is not being able to attack Axis 262s in storage as per reality.

In the meantime, I'm trying find a way to import my F-15, FA-18 etc from DCS.. 😁😅😅.. Same difference anyway lol. 

BS it is easy to avoid 262 an shoot them down

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2019 at 5:12 AM, AeroAce said:

Really AA,

"Me 262 pilots claimed a total of 542 Allied aircraft shot down,[7] although higher claims are sometimes made.[Note 1] The Allies countered its effectiveness in the air by attacking the aircraft on the ground and during takeoff and landing".

I mean if we're going to to claim realistic let's have them sitting in storage or at least no airstarts? 😊

Edited by NAKE350

On 7/4/2019 at 4:07 PM, NAKE350 said:

Really AA,

"Me 262 pilots claimed a total of 542 Allied aircraft shot down,[7] although higher claims are sometimes made.[Note 1] The Allies countered its effectiveness in the air by attacking the aircraft on the ground and during takeoff and landing".

I mean if we're going to to claim realistic let's have them sitting in storage or at least no airstarts? 😊

I do not talk about reality just in game

On 7/4/2019 at 2:12 PM, AeroAce said:

The 262 pilot has to be a complete noob or very stupid in order to get himself in a position to be shot down

On 7/4/2019 at 5:12 AM, AeroAce said:

Well any tips on this would be gratefully received.. Thanks in advance👍😊