-DED- Server's. From Russia with Love ;)

Well we will not see this server over the holidays then!?

If they only reset it on work days, that is!?

Im going to buy a server PC and get a consistent server running. AND I will write some code that resets the server if it crashes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be down to you guys to join it, to make it popular!

Edited by AeroAce
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, AeroAce said:

Im going to buy a server PC and get a consistent server running. AND I will write some code that resets the server if it crashes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be down to you guys to join it, to make it popular!

I very much endorse that idea! if you actually manage to get it running and all, I would even contribute

I'm a little surprised, in this, and various other multiplayer related threads, about the topic of server restarts. It appears to be a thing, something of a challenge.

IIUC, this is about scripts to restart the IL-2 server application, i.e. detecting if it has exited or is hung, and then restarting it.  I.e. not a crash of the entire OS, just this server process?

I'm not familiar with windows server things, but on the surface this doesn't sound like a hard problem. Unless there is something about this particular server process that would make it challenging.

So, if this not an area where the different groups which put IL-2 servers up, compete for excellence, maybe someone who already has a script working for achieving this, could just post it in one of the forums here, and the others could just DL it and use it?

Or is that hopelessly naive?

• Upvote 2

Good Morning,

There are invisible barriers on the Kuzmichi and Akatovka airstrips on the Stalingrad 2 maps which destroy your aircraft by collision. Could you look into this? Also, please add the Novosokolniki winter map back into the rotation. It's one of the best dogfight maps on your server.

Thanks,

Murf

Unfortunately these server settings have always been on life support, it's been this way from the beginning.

It looks like this server usually has 400-450 players per month - I guess it's just not enough of the player base for anyone to care.

This is the greatest server for players (like me) who don't use TrackIR ora VR reality. Great fun and dynamic scenarios. However, the one and only thing is curious and makes the game frustrating. This is AAA ability to shot everyone with Vasiliy Zaitsev gunnery accuracy. Yesterday I flew Bf 110 with 2x500 kg bombs load and tried to destroy AAA near enemy airfield. Many enemy and friendly fighters were around battling in dogfights. I was involved with that sometimes, had to turn'n'burn or escape. I wasn't ever get killed by enemy fighter, shoting down 3 enemy fighters in 10 missions, but... I always was shot down by enemy AAA in different way - cruising over the airfield, escaping from that place (pretty far away) or directly attacking the targets with bombs or guns - every time I was smashed by AAA into pieces. Of course, some say, I was alone and it was 4-5 AAA aiming to me, but honestly speaking, with such as accuracy it wouldn't be necessary in real life to have any aircraft, because all attacking planes would be crushed by deadly AAA. The truth was the opposite and it was so hard to shot down diving aircraft heading into target. So, my question or ask is: can you change AAA kind to lighter caliber to let attacking planes survive in more than 0%? It's just a game based mainly on flying, if there are ground targets, they should be rather defended by planes too, than self-defended by unmistaken AAA.

Regards for all server makers

Stats have been down for about a week. I was checking early last week with no problem. 

AAA is set to expert on both of the Stalingrad map, though, I don't think they are labeled Stalingrad. One has trains and the other does not. It is very dangerous to fight anywhere near the front or the airfields on those maps - regardless of flight profile or altitude. It is set lower on other maps and is more managable. Even on those maps, however, it it very dangerous to make more than one pass - as it was in real life.

#EpeeNoire

The same to you and Hurricanenik. I had around 10 minutes fight and he was down finally but it could be me as well. Very good fighter, like you. I tested Yak-1 for the first time and I'm happy: 11 kills and 7 deaths. One run was outstanding: 3 plane kills, 2 assists and succesfully evacuated from danger zone and landed. That's why pity it happened when stats were down at the moment. Interesting if they will be restored. It would be nice.

#HerrMurf

I understand AAA efficiency is set to expert but I think there could be lighter AAA as well (I don't know what types are possible in game). Howitzers or whatever large caliber AAA are SW blasters and they are damn too accurate anyway.

Generally, as I descrided the reasons I'm on that server, it should be more equalised by rotating planeset. Of course it's not possible beacuse of one reason: not all players have all Battles Of's> I have personnally BoS and BoM and I wouldn't fly missions with modern planeset. Anyway, for me is a good training if I fly Yak and P-40 against Bf 109K or Fw 190. No problem for me.

Edited by Blackmessiah1975

I care !

Please get the stats back DED guys

On 11/26/2018 at 4:33 PM, Johnny-Red said:

Server stats can usually be found at: http://72ag-ded.ru:8080/en/ and are available in English, German and Russian.

Unfortunately they have been offline since publish 3.007 last week.

I have just flagged this up on the Russian language forum, so if they hadn't noticed, they will now :friends:

Johnny could you message them on the stats page please it's currently been down for a while.  Thanks for all your efforts on this server

I have asked, but I think it's nearly 4am in Moscow, so we might have to wait for it to get read. We can hope ;)

And I also care, and I believe our Russian counterparts do too. They have sustained the server over a number of years now without (as I understand it) direct support form 1CGS. We should all be grateful to them for their generosity and committment. :salute:

Edited by Johnny-Red
Post Scriptum
  • Like 1

-DED-Rapidus has stated that the stats site should be sorted by the 18th of February, so those of you who only fly drunk will be able to find out what you did :drink2:

He didn't offer any detail, but I'm guessing it's fairly technical if it's going to take a week or more. Now you know what I know. :salute:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...