Jade_Monkey

I need suggestions: Getting some pedals

Hi everyone,

I was recently thinking of getting some pedals, and I wanted to ask the community whether it's a good idea and for those of you that have some expercience with pedals, which ones to get.

I have found that the main two choices are probably the CH pedals and the Saitek Combat pedals:

CH Pro pedals

41OUNpW%2BmBL.jpg

Saitek PRO Flight Combat

61Qa877RDtL._SL1403_.jpg

Which one do you prefer? Any other pedals that you would recommend? 

Thanks in advance,

-CBZ323

I have these: http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/pedals.html but not using them as my gaming table is to close to my gaming sofa, and I kick my legs into the table when using them. I liked them when I had a Cougar HOTAS, and had more space for my legs.
I think the CH ones feel a bit too.. close to each other, the pedals that is, and the saitek you can adjust for size of your feet.

• Upvote 1

I have had both. CH for 7 years worked great. I bought The Saitek about a year ago.

Saitek have a wider platform and work great also. Never had troubles with the CH ever and they

still work good as new. They are on my sons setup now.

Petrosky

• Upvote 1

Have had my Saitek Combat Pedals for about 2.5 years now, still love them - working great.

• Upvote 1

I just received my Saitek Combat Rudder pedals and I have been loving them, they are much bigger and sturdier than I expected...

• Upvote 1

One thing I like about the Saiteks, is you rest your heel on the floor and use the ball of your feet to manipulate the pedals, versus placing your feet in a cup like the CH.

Now I have not had the CH pedals before, but I used to have the TM Elite Rudder Pedals, which used the same cup type style. It just seems like my feet are more relaxed with the Combat Pedals.

Note they also have an angle adjustment for the pedals, and a tension adjustment as well ( that large knob in the center).

• Upvote 1

I've had my CH gear, including the pedals, since Forgotten Battles was released.

Never an issue.

• Upvote 1

CH pros:

Saitek Combat cost twice than CH Pedals, CH Pedals will last twice than Saitek Combat.  :)

The sliding rollers in CH is steel, in Saitek is plastic.

Eventual replacement of CH potentiometer is "drop in" no solder is need.

• Upvote 2

Thats great to hear! From what I've read so far, including your feedback, I'll probably get the Saitek Combat pedals as a Bday/Xmas combo.

Than you guys!

Thats great to hear! From what I've read so far, including your feedback, I'll probably get the Saitek Combat pedals as a Bday/Xmas combo.

Than you guys!

You are welcome, good luck and let us know how you make out.

CH here.

After 5+ years the pedals weren't as accurate from my input. I called up CH and they said it's probably a worn potentiometer due to "heavy load".

I purchased a new set again. I like the wide foot design and heel support. They also feel firm and solid.

gx

Than you guys!

You will be happy, I'm sure.  :)

No mention of crosswinds, are they still on sale?

I have Simpeds with Leo bodner mod, but would still like some Crosswinds when I have a spare $500 au

I'm on a waiting list until March for the crosswinds, I'm gona get the saitek pro combats in the mean time as they have a smooth ramp allowing u to use just ur toes with heel on the ground, also I hear the breaks are easier to operate

Lol iv been using elite rudder pedals from 1995(still work ok) but time for an upgrade

Edited by AeroAce

Combat Pro pedals are excellent; had mine for about 4 years now with no issues. Mine get used every day,they're smooth, precise and the toe brakes being analog are superb especially if you happen to fly German in BoS (which I don't )   :biggrin:

S!

I had Combat Pro Pedals and in my dusty room they got sticktion problems after ahly a year, I had to clean them every month to have an acceptable controlfeeling. Now I have MSG Crosswinds and they are far superior. Had no problems with them for almost a year now. How do they say, buy cheap buy twice. Wished I had bought Crosswinds first back then.

Zettman

If money is no object, the Crosswind MFGs are absolutely your best choice. I upgraded to the MFGs earlier this year after using the Saitek Combat pedals for two years, and I couldn't imagine returning to the latter. Flying with the TM Warthog, I always felt like my Saitek pedals were not in the same league as my HOTAS. They felt flimsy and lacked the smooth articulation I felt they should have. The software control is also a bit thin. The MFG pedals, however, are every bit as good as the Warthog and truly changed the emphasis I placed on yaw input in DCS and BOS.

If you can afford them, the MFG solution is the only real option. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

If money is no object, the Crosswind MFGs are absolutely your best choice. I upgraded to the MFGs earlier this year after using the Saitek Combat pedals for two years, and I couldn't imagine returning to the latter. Flying with the TM Warthog, I always felt like my Saitek pedals were not in the same league as my HOTAS. They felt flimsy and lacked the smooth articulation I felt they should have. The software control is also a bit thin. The MFG pedals, however, are every bit as good as the Warthog and truly changed the emphasis I placed on yaw input in DCS and BOS.

Yes, thats it. Its the best pedals you can get at the moment. Have ordered one, as due delay, i will recieve them in January. On all forums you hear they are the best.

So i am with echo. In the future you can swap pedals to if you want!!!!!!

I'm on a waiting list until March for the crosswinds, I'm gona get the saitek pro combats in the mean time as they have a smooth ramp allowing u to use just ur toes with heel on the ground, also I hear the breaks are easier to operate

Me too. I decided to bite the bullet and get a set after Christmas.

That is what I have been hearing.

MFG Crosswings and Slavdevice are best pedals out there, if you can afford the price and wait. Has anyone compared the two to find out which is better, anyway?

In CH / Saitek class, CH pedals are functionality itself: they are very durable, both in mechanic and electronic components, and will serve you a lifetime, but they were not made to have impressive looks, and pedals are very close to each other so you use it with your knees apart and your feet together. Saitek is more flimsy, but supposedly more comfortable. 

MFG Crosswings and Slavdevice are best pedals out there, if you can afford the price and wait. Has anyone compared the two to find out which is better, anyway?

S!

Here is a nice review comparing Slaw device and MFG Crosswinds: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3977757/Slaw_VS._Milan_the_battle_of_t#Post3977757

They are more or less equally good. I guess wouldn't be unhappy if I had bought the Slaw device and not the Crosswinds.

Edit: Just noticed what he said about the Saitek Combat rudders at the end of his review.  :lol:

Zettman

Edited by Zettman

I've only ever had CH, so my input is a bit limited!

Buy CH. Very substantial and apparently bulletproof. Had them for about six years and they just sit there and do as they're told.