BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 85 - Discussion

I will disagree with you on both points, but as you say that's a different story.

I think I'll give it a miss. Sounds like a good addition to the game and I can appreciate the hard work involved in creating missions, But its just not enough to get me to play through the unlocks to get a winter skin or a removable headrest. but that's just me....

SD

you do not need any unlock to play this missions ;)

only the Bf109G

"In case you've missed the news on Wednesday, we completed a full scale data base update. Thanks to that fact all in-game and forum nicknames has been synchronized. Finally you can be yourself both on the forum and in multiplayer battles."

Finally? Didnt know it was the communitys wish to be able to do that. Oh well, one learn something new every day. 

As far as i know iv been able to do that the last 15 years, if i wished to.

Edited by Baron
  • Upvote 1

A good demonstration of what will be possible with the FMB! :good: As we all know, we don`t have a system for linear campaigns with a connected career system at the moment. So, relax, enjoy the missions, it`s worth it! Best played in full real with a printed map on your knees. ;)

Congratulations Veteran!

This Missions show you what you can make with BoS, i hope you like it.

When the Editor is out i hope for many good missions from the community :)

Tried first mission and I am impressed! Great job :)

[The mission-by-mission structure is absolutely standard, viz. RoF. I'm sad some people seem to be a little negative without even firing a mission up.  :rolleyes: ]

I've just taken off in the first mission, but I had to pause it and return here with first impressions after 120 seconds or so.

I'm astonished. A densely living and breathing airfield, pock-marked with bomb craters and burnt out aircraft. I didn't believe a flightsim (that wasn't a FSX "mega-airport") could show something so compelling. I'm already worried I'll let my swarme down. Honestly, it's epic already.

Even the map is a work of art. 

I am now so excited as to what mission builders will be able to do with the tools available in this game.

Salute! Veteran and testers! (And - whisper it - devs!!)

Excellent! Still at work. Screenshots!!

H

Thanks for all the hard work on these missions.  Much appreciated!

YEAH TANTE JU!!!

Please make it flyable in the future!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the dev diary, it's fair, and thx for the missions @veteran !!

Keep up the good works !

Great news both for SP players and MP players.

Will give a go to the campaign looks promising. Ta a lot

Nice update, and some good news.

A new plane coming, and a new mini campaign, I'll have to update for this one, as I'm a couple behind.

Thanks to all concerned.

Thanks for the new content.  Tried to launch the first mission in "Offline" mode and while it loaded fine, when I un-pause I am a few miles from my plane and cannot select cockpit mode.  I can fire the guns which I can see are working from a few miles away but cannot get in my aircraft?  Anyone else seeing this?  I tried a regular mission and my cockpit mode worked fine.

Thanks!

Where is preorder button for flyable Ju52?

• Upvote 2

I will disagree with you on both points, but as you say that's a different story.

I think I'll give it a miss. Sounds like a good addition to the game and I can appreciate the hard work involved in creating missions, But its just not enough to get me to play through the unlocks to get a winter skin or a removable headrest. but that's just me....

SD

The headrest is the 4th G2 unlock, winter skin is the 2nd unlock. You can get them in like 2-4 missions.

The headrest is the 4th G2 unlock, winter skin is the 2nd unlock. You can get them in like 2-4 missions.

True. This is really no effort. The winter camo comes after the first succesfull mission.

It took me 5 or 6 Missions in expert mode to unlock all the stuff for the G-2.

Thanks for the new content.  Tried to launch the first mission in "Offline" mode and while it loaded fine, when I un-pause I am a few miles from my plane and cannot select cockpit mode.  I can fire the guns which I can see are working from a few miles away but cannot get in my aircraft?  Anyone else seeing this?  I tried a regular mission and my cockpit mode worked fine.

Thanks!

it is a camera mode, it is a overview camera and then you drive with the car to your plane

• Upvote 2

Happy to have Friday updates....happy to see devs listen to people...happy to see the game grows up...happy happy

Fantastic!!Great Ju-52 !! :o:  Can't wait to try this!Fantastic

:salute: Thanks Veteran66!!!!!!!! for amazing Job !!!!!!!!!! :good:

• Like 1

Thanks!

Yes. But if you just relax and take in the view, the (external) camera follows your staff car up to your revetment. It's "well cool", to quote my 14-year-old son, and comes close to that old dream of doing a walk-around of your aircraft in almost-first-person before climbing in.

It's not perfect (nothing ever is), but it's not far off either! 

(From my point of view, it's stunning stuff!)

• Upvote 1

good evening, for me the campaign does not;
I got a error message : # 10020 :this misson is unavailable for your account . 

Edited by A-E-Hartmann

good evening, for me the campaign does not .

I got a message 10002 error ".........

Start it off-line as mentioned already ;)

Pretty exciting update. Thanks to Veteran66 for the new campaign. Single missions strung together or not, it's great getting some new mission content. I can't wait to try them out tonight.

I'm glad to see the Ju-52 make it into the game as an AI bird to start. I understand the PoV that it's as much work to put AI only into the game as a flyable (minus the cockpit) but on the other hand it should make it easier to flesh out the plane set more fully this way. It worked great in the old IL-2, no reason the same philosophy won't work in BoS.   

Great Friday update, thank for that .

Also a huge thanks to Veteran66 for the effort put into this. Gonna fire her up now.

Cheers

GREAT NEWS !!!!!!! Thx Veteran66 !!!

I am ready to pay you Ju 52!! When the subscription is triggered??
  • Upvote 1

When trying the SP campaign I get an error message: This mission is not available for your account.

Anyone else got it? any fixes?