BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 85 - Discussion

Hi Everybody,

As you could have noticed already, we switched to a more regular schedule of weekly updates. New versions are released in the middle of each week, but Fridays remain to be the special time when we are ready to share some interesting and important news with you.

It's one of these days today. First of all, we are going to change the limit of players on dedicated servers and make it 48 pilots per server. During a test period, hosts will be sharing the performance data with us, and the future of this setting is going to be determined by these results. I hope that this extra capacity will help the mission makers to create even more exciting experience for all pilots.

Secondly, we are working on the unflyable Ju-52, so here're 3 screenshots with it for you below. Obviously, it's not complete yet. We'll keep you informed about the progress of its development during winter.

In case you've missed the news on Wednesday, we completed a full scale data base update. Thanks to that fact all in-game and forum nicknames has been synchronized. Finally you can be yourself both on the forum and in multiplayer battles.

Also, the page with Campaign statistics was launched. Although it's not the final version of the system, and multiplayer stats page is still WIP, however it already grants you access to your personal Campaign progress data, and it can always be accessed from your internet browser. Stat system is currently running in test mode so it's updated once in two hours only at this stage and also may have some flaws, which will be removed with upcoming updates.

http://il2sturmovik.com/stats/campaign/

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

And some special good news from Veteran66, who has completed his campaign made with BOS editor and shares it with everyone in the community. Feel free to DOWNLOAD and try it, and leave your feedback on the forum.

A note from the creator:

"The Chir Front Missions have a special game mode which needs no waypoint, the player needs to navigate, check radio calls and bring home his combat Schwarm"

chirfront-.jpg

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Full news

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 14

Wohoo!!! NICE!

Thank for update guys. Keep in good work  :salute:

P.S Heh im first - first time  :P

Edited by II./JG1_Baron

Thanks for bringing DevDiary back again! :cool:

And thanks for Tante-Ju shots! Damn, she already looks good!

Have a good WE!

Ju-52. Fantastic news! Can't wait to have it in-game. Hope you'll consider a flyable version too. Those transport missions were surprisingly fun.

• Upvote 4

Offline campaign?!?!?

Can't wait to try this!

Thanks Veteran66!!!!!!!! :salute::)

All looking great! The instruction to "intercept Transport Planes" will become far more palatable...

Grrreat news- Tante Ju and Veteran66`s campaign...thnak you!

Great stuff!

(Just to say, I've just tried to launch some of Veteran66's campaign's missions. Unfortunately an error message:"#10020: This mission is unavailable for your account"   :( Help!)

Edited by No601_Swallow
  • Upvote 2

Grrreat news- Tante Ju and Veteran66`s campaign...thnak you!

...na, 6er haben wir heute unseren legastheniker-tag! :P

THNAK YUO, DEVELPOSER!!! :lol:

V.Greiff

It´s great to see, that Veterans mini Campaign is available! :)

To all those who are interested in SP Missions, I would highly recommend to give it a try.

I had the opportutnity to test it prior to its release.

In this set of 8 Missions, covering two days of combat, BoS shows a lot of its potential.

There You will find no predestined flightpath or "actionpoints" or stuff like that. You receive a generall order to patrol a specific area while You need to manage Your flight with the flightleadercommands.

You encounter custom radio calls in superb qualitiy, which tells You, if an enemy flight has been sighted or if frindly attack aircraft are in desperate need of support.

Those were highly thrilling experiences with tons of immersion, not at least because a massive ground war was going on in this missions.

There are so many ground units and brutal firefights and smokecolumns, I never thought that BoS could handle this. :o:

In one mission I needed to support our groundforces, which were nearly encircled, against attacks of sturmoviks. Once the Sturmovics were scattered and expelled,

I got an urgent call, that soviets Infantry was beeing moved to the front. So me and my comrades had to stop those Trucks.

After the airspace has been cleard of hostile aircraft or You run out of ammunition, You call Your flight to rejoin formation and off You go back to base. 

All those missions were highly satisfying. 

Not unfair in terms of dificulty, but demanding. You will need to fly disciplined.

To be honest:

After I had witnessed in this set of missions, what BoS is capable of, I find it hard to get back to the campaign mode.

My best BoS experience so far!! :cool:

• Upvote 6

Great stuff!

(Just to say, I've just tried to launch some of Veteran66's campaign's missions. Unfortunately an error message:"#10020: This mission is unavailable for your account"   :( Help!)

Try the missions in the offline mode. I needed to so while testing them.

Try the missions in the offline mode. I needed to so while testing them.

Cool! It works offline!  Yum yum!  :P

• Upvote 1

How does one play that minicampaign?Are there instructions inside?Still at work :dry:

How does one play that minicampaign?Are there instructions inside?Still at work :dry:

You find it in the single-mission structure of BoS. You need to start each mission individually.

First of all You need to download the files and put them in the right directory.

But there should be a read-me, which explains all the neccesary stuff.

Edited by Blooddawn1942

...na, 6er haben wir heute unseren legastheniker-tag! :P

THNAK YUO, DEVELPOSER!!! :lol:

V.Greiff

Haha...gneau!!

Develposer...lmao`!

You find it in the single-mission structure of BoS. You need to start each mission individually.

First of all You need to download the files and put them in the right directory.

Ok,thanks.Eager to try it,even it is done for "dark" side :biggrin:  ;)

That's a bit dissapointing. I hope it'll be possible for proper campaigns in future.

+1. It seems to be a set of single missions which can be played any order you want. Not really a campaign.

Edited by Zami

Thx Blooddawn for your support  :)

[The mission-by-mission structure is absolutely standard, viz. RoF. I'm sad some people seem to be a little negative without even firing a mission up.  :rolleyes: ]

I've just taken off in the first mission, but I had to pause it and return here with first impressions after 120 seconds or so.

I'm astonished. A densely living and breathing airfield, pock-marked with bomb craters and burnt out aircraft. I didn't believe a flightsim (that wasn't a FSX "mega-airport") could show something so compelling. I'm already worried I'll let my swarme down. Honestly, it's epic already.

Even the map is a work of art. 

I am now so excited as to what mission builders will be able to do with the tools available in this game.

Salute! Veteran and testers! (And - whisper it - devs!!)

• Upvote 3

[The mission-by-mission structure is absolutely standard, viz. RoF. I'm sad some people seem to be a little negative without even firing a mission up.  :rolleyes: ]

Dont mean to be negative, I was just expecting missions to be in campaign menu and so on :) . I am sure missions are great and my hats off for Veteran66 and his team :salute: . Glad to have new playable content!

do I have to have all the unlocks to play the campaign? Or in fact any unlocks. Cos I haven't unlocked anything on German side  and very little on Russian side. Due to the fact I refuse to go through the unlock process.  If I do need any I wont bother updating the game to test it.

SD

do I have to have all the unlocks to play the campaign? Or in fact any unlocks. Cos I haven't unlocked anything on German side  and very little on Russian side. Due to the fact I refuse to go through the unlock process.  If I do need any I wont bother updating the game to test it.

SD

It´s not mandatory to have the unlocks.

But personaly, I find it convenient to fly with the removed headrest in  the G-2.

And of course the winter camo.

But You can absolutely fly the missions without having any aunlocks.

SD

It's a 109G2 for the first mission. I have no unlocks for the aircraft (in fact, I've never flown it in the game!). But to be concerned about unlocks for a single player mission such as this would be cutting off your nose to spite your face. Honestly, don't worry about it!

In fact to be worried about unlocks at all seems unnecessary, but that's a different story!

Ty for the update Zak, and a big thank you to Veteran66 for the campaign.  I share minor disappointment with the others in that the campaign has to be flown mission to mission.  It would be much better if we could use custom campaigns that could be loaded in the same format as the main campaign itself - as it would pretty much lead to an endless array of campaigns authored by your user base - but I assume you know this already and feel the same way - and that if it were possible currently, you'd probably utilize this method (of course I may have overlooked some prohibitive reason that may be readily apparent to others).  Marvelous to hear what Veteran66 has been able to accomplish in the mission editor, and I look forward to giving it a whirl.  Thanks for leading the way.

The news about the Ju52 is very welcome.  I'm excited to see what your team can/will do with it in future.  Keep up the great work. 

It's a 109G2 for the first mission. I have no unlocks for the aircraft (in fact, I've never flown it in the game!). But to be concerned about unlocks for a single player mission such as this would be cutting off your nose to spite your face. Honestly, don't worry about it!

In fact to be worried about unlocks at all seems unnecessary, but that's a different story!

I will disagree with you on both points, but as you say that's a different story.

I think I'll give it a miss. Sounds like a good addition to the game and I can appreciate the hard work involved in creating missions, But its just not enough to get me to play through the unlocks to get a winter skin or a removable headrest. but that's just me....

SD

This Missions show you what you can make with BoS, i hope you like it.

When the Editor is out i hope for many good missions from the community :)

• Upvote 11

Ju 52...wait, that wasn't strong enought....JU52!!!!

Beautyfull in every way. It's fantastic to have it so close of being ingame and a shame I won't be able to fly it (future intentions???). Still a great bird to have ingame.

Player count increase sounds nice. I assume this counts for today? Hope it doesn't take a lot longer to get the 64 out ;)

Thx for the update, keep the news coming! :salute:

• Upvote 1

I will disagree with you on both points, but as you say that's a different story.

I think I'll give it a miss. Sounds like a good addition to the game and I can appreciate the hard work involved in creating missions, But its just not enough to get me to play through the unlocks to get a winter skin or a removable headrest. but that's just me....

SD

A shame. You're missing out. I have no skins at all for the G-2, or removable headrest. Whatev's!