On 1/12/2021 at 2:39 PM, -DED-Rapidus said:

Please give me the mission file that caused the CTD to occur.

We continue to see random DServer.exe crashes.

It's the very same as reported by myself the last 5, 6 times or so.

Do CrashDumps provide any useful information to you?

If so, I could supply the most recent two of them from January 24 10:50 PM and January 23 6:46 PM local time.

:drinks:

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Was doing 1 on 1 duel single player match.  I kept fighting the same C47a over and over again.   Constantly hitting it and blowing off large portions of it, and it wouldnt die. 

After ramming it to end my misery, I saw I had killed my 5th plane when i rammed it.   Issue is that the planes never dissapeared off screen after killing, and i NEVER recieved a "this enemy is dead now" message.  The planes just stayed in the air. 

Best i can imagine, the planes respawned almost on top of each other and i never got notified the last one was "gone".  

I am suddenly experiencing this same thing with my DServer. List files are all correct, il2 is cleared through firewall, loads up normally and shows in the list. When i try to join the entire game freezes. It literally just started doing this yesterday. It was working great for months and suddenly yesterday this issue just started..? I'm so frustrated and confused, any help is appreciated. It's really breaking the game for me.

I'm mostly playing on the finnish virtual pilots server. 

Since yesterday I can't change any loadout. I can choose a vehicle on a base, but there is no option for me to change the loadout, color or even how mutch fuel I want to take. 

Doesn't matter if I take a plane or a tank.

I also tryed it on other servers. Same problem. 

I already searched for missing files with steam and restarted the game a few times. Even tryed to restart the pc.

I hope someone can help me. Its pretty boring to fly the Stuka without bombs, cause you can't change anything.

1 hour ago, MarvGER said:

Since yesterday I can't change any loadout. I can choose a vehicle on a base, but there is no option for me to change the loadout, color or even how mutch fuel I want to take. 

I already searched for missing files with steam and restarted the game a few times. Even tryed to restart the pc.

I hope someone can help me. Its pretty boring to fly the Stuka without bombs, cause you can't change anything.

Look for a grey, left arrow at the bottom right of your Plane Settings screen. Click on the arrow and the options pane will pop out.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 3:40 PM, MarvGER said:

Having the same problem, when i click on change loadout it goes to the screen but there are no loadout options, all there is is the Accept button in the bottom right corner, this also happens in single player

2021_2_26__8_58_47.jpg

2021_2_26__8_58_54.jpg

Edited by JG1_loopy
2 hours ago, JG1_loopy said:

Having the same problem, when i click on change loadout it goes to the screen but there are no loadout options, all there is is the Accept button in the bottom right corner, this also happens in single player

2021_2_26__8_58_47.jpg

2021_2_26__8_58_54.jpg

Just above your green ACCEPT button you see a small chevron (or arrow if you want) on a grey square - click on it and you will be amazed...

Example:

InkedBos.thumb.jpg.6b6c7aff929022be988f4a921ae54c6f.jpg

Edited by THERION
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, THERION said:

Just above your green ACCEPT button you see a small chevron (or arrow if you want) on a grey square - click on it and you will be amazed...

Example:

InkedBos.thumb.jpg.6b6c7aff929022be988f4a921ae54c6f.jpg

thanks for the reply

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

As reported by 1PL-Husar:

There is a bug when on fire game is disconnecting player with bad ping messages,  I had this always when my machine was on fire. This was on regular ADSL 1Mb/s up 10Mb/s down connection , there are not such problems when I switched to fiber optics. 

We are experiencing a lot of group drops/discos and thinking it possibly related to this?  Anyone else have thoughts on this possibility?

• 1CGS
5 hours ago, J5_Baeumer said:

We are experiencing a lot of group drops/discos and thinking it possibly related to this?  Anyone else have thoughts on this possibility?

// connection settings in SDS file

protection = ""
maxClients = 37
maxClientPing = -1
ExternalIP = 1
ServerIP = ""
DownloadLimit = 100000   //100 Mb/s
UploadLimit = 100000 //100 Mb/s
DownloaderPort = 28100
TCPPort = 28000
UDPPort = 28000

• Upvote 1

Hello Community

I encounter lagging in the game. In multiplayer and normal playing too. It laggs every 1-2 minute appr. 5 seconds long.
What could be the problem?

Thanks for the replies!

Best regards
Csaba

Hi all,

My friend and I have tried finding a thread that covers our issue but haven't been able to - I apologise if there is one out there that we haven't seen! We play mulitplayer (through PWCG) no problems. However when I am overseas and using my ipad hotspot to my laptop to then link up to the internet to join him I enter the normal multiplayer lobby but there is nothing available to select i.e. he has created a cooperative server as usual which I join, but I can't see any 'click here to enter aircraft' options. The lobby screen literally has 'Multi Player Lobby' at the top and then Server Options and Exit at the bottom - nothing where the aircraft to enter are.

I can't host (no port forwarding through my ipad) so he has to host. The strange thing is that when I have tried to join my brother using the same set-up it has worked no problem?! He hasn't changed any router settings from when I join him from home so we can't figure out WTH is happening?! I'm usually joining him from NZ (he's in AUS) and the only differences are that now I'm in China and I'm using my ipad as a hotspot. BUT I can still join my bro in NZ but not my mate........ I know China-AUS relations are a bit sketchy but surely there's not something that allows me to join NZ using this setup but not Aus haha.

Has anyone ever seen this 'empty' multiplayer lobby screen on a cooperative server and know what causes it? Much appreciated...

24 minutes ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@bintynz, @loscsaba86, there is not enough initial data, unfortunately, accuracy is needed in this matter, including the approach to measuring questions about lags.

@-DED-RapidusThanks for taking the time to reply. In this case perhaps a picture is best - this is what I see. It may be a simple fix (perhaps a setting at either end) but as per my original post I can connect with someone else no problem and I can connect with this person when I'm back home...

Eg.jpg

Edited by bintynz
  • Thanks 1

Done a quick search in the Technical Issues And Bug Reports forum for "Gunner Command" and not come up with anything. But sorry if this has been mentioned before. Also I am posting in here as I've witnessed this while online in the Jasta 5 Flugpark, but that may just be because this where I spend most of my time in game. So I do not know whether this issue can also exist in single player or other aircraft and therefore not be a multiplayer issue.

Brief description: Gunner Commands Missing

Detailed description, conditions:

Using the Bristol on the Jasta 5 Flugpark and noticed that I could not give any commands to the gunner through the command menu (as can be seen in the 1st screenshot). The first thought was to check that there might be a player in the seat however the statistics screen showed that there were no players using gunner stations (as can be seen in the 2nd screenshot) everyone was "on mission" instead. The crew stations window (as seen in the 3rd screenshot) also stated that my gunner station was "free" though unlocked for players. Another cause for the lack of command menu that I can rule out (forgot to screenshot for proof) is that the gunner was also not dead, he was very much alive and later in the sortie started to engage an enemy aircraft and was doing so as though under the control of the AI (he was rubbish).  I'm not sure whether he would continue to accept commands through the key bindings, did not test this. I have seen the issue before but seems to be sporadic and hard to replicate with no obvious cause. Another player that I was on voice communications with (@Gardimus) remarked that he has also witnessed this issue before.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

fbUNYwY.png

Akl1Obq.png

ncBDbeS.png

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit

NVIDIA Driver Version 461.40 (But seen issue on earlier versions also)

Commands for AI Gunners as follows:

Fire at will:  RAlt+1

Return fire: RAlt+2

Cease Fire: RAlt+3

Distance to Engage;

Close: RAlt+7

Normal: RAlt+8

Far: RAlt+9

For instance, to have your rear gunner engage an enemy on or near your six at close range you would press  RAlt+1 then RAlt+7

Hope this helps

3 hours ago, Beebop said:

Commands for AI Gunners as follows:

Fire at will:  RAlt+1

Return fire: RAlt+2

Cease Fire: RAlt+3

Distance to Engage;

Close: RAlt+7

Normal: RAlt+8

Far: RAlt+9

For instance, to have your rear gunner engage an enemy on or near your six at close range you would press  RAlt+1 then RAlt+7

Hope this helps

No does not help to be honest sorry. As for one I'm aware of those commands. Second is that I've changed them from the default. If needed I could have found the bindings or changed them in the settings. But that's beside the point other than being a possible work around for next time should I need to control him. Issue remains that the gunner should have been controllable through the "command menu" as he usually is and as far as could see there was no reason for gunner commands to not be visible in the "command menu".

Edited by Oliver88
7 hours ago, Oliver88 said:

Issue remains that the gunner should have been controllable through the "command menu" as he usually is and as far as could see there was no reason for gunner commands to not be visible in the "command menu".

Your desire is understandable and would perhaps even be a good idea but....it's not the way the game designers decided to do it.  And only the Dev Team can make those changes.  And for all I know that could involve rewriting the game codes. 

With all that's on their table I don't see that happening.

As we've all often heard before, "it is what it is".

• Haha 1
  • 1CGS
7 hours ago, bintynz said:

@-DED-Rapidus Ran it with the game running in the background - not sure if that makes a difference??

Eg.jpg

I think you need to contact your internet operator in the support service and provide this screenshot, describe the situation. 

20 minutes ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

I think you need to contact your internet operator in the support service and provide this screenshot, describe the situation. 

Righto, thanks for the assist. Wondered if it was something anyone else had come across!

• Thanks 1
  • 1CGS
On 1/11/2021 at 10:57 PM, SYN_Ricky said:

I had something weird happening last night in multiplayer on Combat Box, I wanted to join one of my squadmates as a dorsal gunner in his A-20 which was starting his engines on an airfield. As soon as I joined I was left outside the plane and the message "gunner killed" appeared in the technochat. He started with a new A-20, I could normally join this time, but as we were taxiing the ventral AI gunner died. I saw him slumping on the ground and he then disappeared. 

We were experiencing a few "delayed hits data" aon respawning, could it be that it was some kind of delayed retroeffect of the gunner being killed in a previous sortie?

We tested this problem on the network, but it was not possible to reproduce it, we need tracks for detailed analysis.

• 3 weeks later...

Brief Description: Airscrew Spinning (With Sound) Without Engine On (Maybe During Repair)

Detailed Description: Sometimes when sat on the ground other aircraft that are also sat on the ground and have their engines turned off continue to display their airscrews rotating (with accompanying whirling sound) as though the engine was on (but with no engine sound). In the example provided in the video below both aircraft @gascan were trying to repair their damaged aircraft (so engines were most definitely turned off) though whether it's related to repairing or not I do not know. Sorry but I've no idea what steps might exist to recreate this. But it's something that I've noticed a number of times.

Additional Assets:

PC Config Data:

Intel i5-2500 @3.30GHz

16GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

NVIDIA Driver Version 461.40

Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit

Edited by Oliver88
On 4/12/2021 at 7:34 AM, -DED-Rapidus said:

@Oliver88, nothing is clear from the video. Can I ask you to record a track if the situation repeats?

Got another chance to see this again this weekend due to the Bloody April: Operation Michael event on Jasta 5 Flugpark as repairing rather than ending sortie is important part. Sorry the track is so short, but had to scramble as the aerodrome was about to pass to Central control. I've checked and the issue seems to also be apparent in the track, you should be able to see and hear (before us Dolphins start our engines) that the Bristol to the right has an airscrew whirling sound despite not having the engine turned on.

dogfight.2021-04-17_19-07-12_00.zip

• Thanks 1
  • 1CGS

@Oliver88, thank you for the track, I looked carefully, I had a long-distance plane without a propeller at all and the sound of the engines from the neighboring two cars was absent. Am I getting this right? Another question, do you have a "clean" installation without modification?

4 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

@Oliver88, thank you for the track, I looked carefully, I had a long-distance plane without a propeller at all and the sound of the engines from the neighboring two cars was absent. Am I getting this right? Another question, do you have a "clean" installation without modification?

Erm no not sure you are understanding? This Bristol Fighter shown here (closest to the camera) facing in the opposite direction does not have its engine turned on, there is no engine noise coming from the aircraft, and I cannot see any propeller on him in the track either. However, I can hear the sound of the propeller rotating on him which should not be the case.

2021_4_19__10_6_39.thumb.jpg.c4fd3f634de8aeb2069df0c8c90fb7b2.jpg

You may need to turn your sound up on the track and videos I've posted but the sound of the propellers rotating is there and much clearer to me when I've been in the game. Although the Bristol in this track appears to have no propeller, in the earlier video posted the propellers on the Camel and Bristol can be seen and they exhibit the same problem (propeller rotating sound but with no engine sound). Something common between the track and video though is that I've arrived to find these aircraft on the ground repairing and exhibiting the problem, rather than the opposite (me being sat on the ground with them landing and having the issue once shutting down engines).

As for clean without modifications, I believe so? How clean? I have in the past used modifications for the English Radio Voices and Fixed Cameras on this installation but these were enabled/disabled through JSGME and disabled when seeing these issues. Is that clean enough or would you desire that I conduct a reinstallation for testing purposes?

Edited by Oliver88

Hello,

We experience some issue with PE2 SER 35 since 3 or 4 months. It is impossible to stop the engines after landing back on an airfield. E Key is not effective. 

If we stop engines with the mixture set on low, we still can not do a complete stop (including electric process). And as the engine stop procedure was not completed, we can not restart the engines.

This occurs in the refuel / rearm zone and in a regular parking as well.

We were 4 at the same time to experience it, but this can be reproduced in a single mission or whatever server we fly on.

Joystick HOTAS Cougar

Saitek Rudder

Grimlin Joystick

HideHid installed (but same with HIDGuardian)

Does anyone experienced the same ?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by IRRE_golgoth21

Hello

So we run a dedicated server for a around a dozen people or so as a side game. We have had all connected no issues until recently where another player picked it up to join in with us for some co-op campaigns. When he joins the dedicated server reads his ping as zero however he is able to see the lobby and all in it no issue. The issue arises when we actually start the server he will spawn in seeing no buildings or aircraft AI or player. We have tried modifying the allowed ports in his routers firewall as well as his desktop firewall but to no avail and I was wondering if any one had any further ideas. He is able to connect to a dogfight server no issues however we were not able to try a co-op server as none were available. I saw a post a while back involving a similar situation but the solutions there have not seemed to have worked. Any help would be appreciated thanks!   

Howdy

I recently purchased IL2 Sturmovik and Tank crew to play together with a friend coop. I am running into a crashing problem, that he is not. We both port forwarded, and I can ping his server. If I try to load into his hosted game, it will crash on the loading screen at the end of the load. This also occurs when I attempt to host a mission. It will load fully, then before it hits where you can select vehicles/lobby it crashes to menu. The crash to menu has no error message. I am able to join other hosted multiplayer servers.

Tank crew dies upon joining a tank crew on a multiplayer server.

Happened multiple times to me and other members of the squad.

The screenshot below illustrates what happens when you join, the selected crew member just dies.

I hope you have a better answer than "it's the server's fault"

20210426221415_1.thumb.jpg.f586416fdb60fac616038bb61a426f0f.jpg