Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have a New Question, Panel Finder. I just converted to DDS to get a look at my Dora 9 and its no longer showing up, A blurry default skin is what I see. Im going to find a new one and try again. Did a patch make using this file no good.

 

Thanks again, GreyWolfe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brief description: Strange behavior of the "activated" and "spawned" anti-air guns 
Detailed description, conditions: There are two bugs in AA guns. 

1. When AA is triggered by the MCU_Trigger: Spawner it rotates and aims so slowly that it's hardly able to shot at the enemy aircraft. It turns by 180 deg in almost 20 sec, when normal AA do it in just 6 sec.

2. When AA is triggered by the MCU_Trigger:Activate it behaves in the same way as above but only at the first time. When it's deactivate and then activate again it shots normally. 


Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):
There are two videos with 3 AA pointing at the north. The nearest is activated, in the middle is spawned and the farthest is normal AA (enabled from the beginning of the mission). The enemy aircraft is flying from the south to the north at 400m over them. 

 

You can see on the first video that activated for the first time (nearest AA) and spawned AA (in the middle) rotates and aim very slowly and are unable to shot at the aircraft. They can be easily destroyed by the enemy aircraft. 

 

 

You can see on the second video that activated AA (nearest) is fine (it was deactivated and activated again by CheckZone MCU during the same mission).

 

 

Mission file: AA_Bug.zip

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solved.

Problem was with IL2 master server

Edited by Gordon200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brief description: can join a multiplayer server but after i've choosen the ac or tank and hit "start" it doesnt go to the cockpit. if i hit "start" again it shows "error:already spawned"

Edited by Lemmi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brief description: Invisible Aircraft in Multiplayer

Detailed description, conditions: 
Aircraft are invisible in Multiplayer until they turn on their position lights or fire their guns. They just pop in, the moment an action like this, is triggered. This problem used to occur sometimes while playing on a crowded multiplayer server, like "Tactical Air War". Recently, this issue seems to be occurring very frequently. Maybe this is related to the recent patch.  Almost every flight i did in the last few days, it happened to me, or one of my squadmates. The server "knows" that those invisible planes are there, AA was firing at them, but for some reason the information about the other aircraft does not reach the game client. There has been another thread about this topic already, hopefully this post helps to put some more focus on this annoying issue.
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/48964-invisible-plane-bug/

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):
This clip was recorded on TAW just now, shows the AA clouds without the enemy planes. Then the P40 just pops in, the second it starts firing. I know this is not the best evidence, i hope i will record something more convincing in the near future.
 


This happened on TAW-Server this afternoon

 

Edited by JG4_Knipser
additional clip added
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JG4_Knipser said:

Brief description: Invisible Aircraft in Multiplayer

Detailed description, conditions: 
Aircraft are invisible in Multiplayer until they turn on their position lights or fire their guns. They just pop in, the moment an action like this, is triggered. This problem used to occur sometimes while playing on a crowded multiplayer server, like "Tactical Air War". Recently, this issue seems to be occurring very frequently. Maybe this is related to the recent patch.  Almost every flight i did in the last few days, it happened to me, or one of my squadmates. The server "knows" that those invisible planes are there, AA was firing at them, but for some reason the information about the other aircraft does not reach the game client. There has been another thread about this topic already, hopefully this post helps to put some more focus on this annoying issue.
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/48964-invisible-plane-bug/

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):
This clip was recorded on TAW just now, shows the AA clouds without the enemy planes. Then the P40 just pops in, the second it starts firing. I know this is not the best evidence, i hope i will record something more convincing in the near future.

 

I can confirm that kind of observation for my mission:
https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=6225&name=Retnek

No video, but it's the best way to explain what happened. Patrolling over own industries (somewhere 1422) lot's of heavy AAA grenades exploded, lucky me! No problem to follow the path marked by the AA. I was able to close the gap with the Rata until I was able to see details of the grenades explosions plumes - must be a He-111 nearby! But there was no plane - AAA ghost gunnery. I am quite blind as fighter sometimes, my screen isn't first class, too, but THAT blind and that bad? I finally panicked and dived down in circles to avoid the 109 I must have missed somehow. No fighter showed up on my tail. So the report above is best explanation for what happened. (except I'm really THAT blind)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Retnek said:

I can confirm that kind of observation for my mission:
https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=6225&name=Retnek

No video, but it's the best way to explain what happened. Patrolling over own industries (somewhere 1422) lot's of heavy AAA grenades exploded, lucky me! No problem to follow the path marked by the AA. I was able to close the gap with the Rata until I was able to see details of the grenades explosions plumes - must be a He-111 nearby! But there was no plane - AAA ghost gunnery. I am quite blind as fighter sometimes, my screen isn't first class, too, but THAT blind and that bad? I finally panicked and dived down in circles to avoid the 109 I must have missed somehow. No fighter showed up on my tail. So the report above is best explanation for what happened. (except I'm really THAT blind)

I noted something like this too a couple nights back on TAW. AA explosions but no plane in sight. Again my spotting is not great but its possible it was this bug. Possibly the intended fix for the invisible planes is not working correctly. 

Also been getting a bug where my chute disappears as soon as it opens. I see other player's chutes just fine, but mine disappeared 2 out of the 3 times I bailed the last couple nights. Why yes, I DO get shot down alot.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, 

The problem with stuttering occurs again. On multiplayer servers sometimes it is almost impossible to dogfight because of lack of smoothness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stutters on Multiplayer Servers are horrible now when some Airplanes fly arround. There is no smooth curve they fly, its like they take some edges. Now should be the time to focus on a dedicated Server and a Netcode rework !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S!

 

 

Brief description: Several objects in the blocks category float above ground on the Arras map.
Detailed description, conditions:Port and industrial objects float about 2 meters above the ground. Place on ground button does not work. The height of object is not adjustable so it should be on the ground
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Picture is low rez but you get the idea.
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 10, I-7 4490, 16 gig DDR3

floaters.jpg

Edited by JG1_Butzzell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brief description: Activated artillery is invisible now


Detailed description, conditions: This bug report refers to the previous one: 

 

After the latest patch activated artillery is shooting but it's invisible. The test was done on the same test mission.


Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):
There are three artillery on the video from the left: normal, spawned (still with slow rotation bug) and activated which is invisible after activation but you can see it's shooting.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Multiplayer is broken. You can't play through stutters. The developers are not going to do anything about it at the moment, so I recommend uninstalling the game and asking for a refund.

 

Nord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 11:16 AM, NORD80 said:

 

Multiplayer is broken. You can't play through stutters. The developers are not going to do anything about it at the moment, so I recommend uninstalling the game and asking for a refund.

 

Nord

Behave bud itl get fixed always does they will be working on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2019 at 4:36 PM, JG4_Knipser said:

Brief description: Invisible Aircraft in Multiplayer

Detailed description, conditions: 
Aircraft are invisible in Multiplayer until they turn on their position lights or fire their guns. They just pop in, the moment an action like this, is triggered. This problem used to occur sometimes while playing on a crowded multiplayer server, like "Tactical Air War". Recently, this issue seems to be occurring very frequently. Maybe this is related to the recent patch.  Almost every flight i did in the last few days, it happened to me, or one of my squadmates. The server "knows" that those invisible planes are there, AA was firing at them, but for some reason the information about the other aircraft does not reach the game client. There has been another thread about this topic already, hopefully this post helps to put some more focus on this annoying issue.
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/48964-invisible-plane-bug/

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):
This clip was recorded on TAW just now, shows the AA clouds without the enemy planes. Then the P40 just pops in, the second it starts firing. I know this is not the best evidence, i hope i will record something more convincing in the near future.
 


This happened on TAW-Server this afternoon

 

 

 I have also encountered this situation just last night in the Flying CIrcus Server.

A P51 appeared out of nowhere as if it had decloaked with a gun solution on my 6 out of nowhere.

The recording I have shows it clearly not there and then it just pops into view as if magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brief description:The P-51 MP Skins issue.
Detailed description, conditions:

 

The P-51 now has the same issue regarding Skins in MP that the LA-5FN used to have.

(Can not change skins on MP servers that have Custom skins turned off, Even the Offical Skins can not be selected).

 

Hopefully this can be fixed quickly now that they now how to solve the issue as they were able to solve this issue regarding the LA-5FN in the 3.201 Patch.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):Il-2_2019_10_27_20_33_57_118.thumb.png.b5d9eec6b14da3c3174d8eca441e720a.png

This was taken on Wings of Liberty

(First time ive encountered the issue as the other servers i play on allow Custom skins)

Edited by mattebubben
Edited to adhere to Format guidelines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brief description: DServer.exe locks up for apparently no reason on Patch Level 3.201, 3.201b and 3.201c

Detailed description, conditions: Random mission, DServer.exe starts flawlessly and keeps running for a while.

All of a sudden, the DServer.exe process starts using 100% CPU power on one core.

Players lose connection.

The Server is still listed online, but players can't connect.

Remote Console (RConClient) connection is still possible and the Server accepts all kind of commands and does reply correctly.

DServer.exe Windows shows no change in SPS, Tick Delay and Tick graph anymore.

Log listview still gets updated (you can see RConClient connection activity for instance).

Clicking "File" menu is still possible.

Selecting "Exit" causes the process to lock up completely, it can only be terminated manually using Task Manager.

This issue got introduced with Version 3.201.

We did not see any DServer lockups before (last was on 21st July 2018).

Only change on Server side was that missions now use the new "RRR" feature.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Unfortunately there's nothing being logged in any logfile. All I can provide is screenshots of the issue, please find them below.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows Server 2016, Intel Core i7-4770 @3.8GHz, 32 GB RAM, 2x2TB HDD (Raid 1), 1GBit/s non-clocked.

 

Lockup on October 13:

1122722320_DServerlockup2019-10-13.PNG.2effcce0e68e3c70a74a42f094cb88bb.PNG

 

1809758669_DServerlockup2019-10-13CPUload.PNG.96379516b1d956b0e7c5efe8b80bde4c.PNG

 

1368905260_DServerlockup2019-10-13ProcessDetails.thumb.PNG.7d1be69250fb5bab749974fdb34ea9ba.PNG

 

Lockup on October 24:

 

2035493790_DServerlockup2019-10-24.PNG.c3ca91ddfff75e43dc30c65fc1855633.PNG

 

1737466060_DServerlockup2019-10-24CPUload.PNG.3ec62ecea9c6cc52461557cb40cf6362.PNG

 

(See procdetails_20191024-195057998.txt )

 

Lockup on October 25:

 

2086141906_DServerlockup2019-10-25.PNG.53b7d9db4a9bef7954472df7a6ec45c6.PNG

 

1258053401_DServerlockup2019-10-25CPUload.PNG.a0454fb152af05792ca56e2174d8041d.PNG

 

443421590_DServerlockup2019-10-25ProcessDetails.thumb.PNG.1424484328c8b5085d76b4d336d2da1b.PNG

 

Lockup on October 28:

 

1410765440_DServerlockup2019-10-28.PNG.c54b6c8f8ca40ec8e9356a265c99753c.PNG

 

(See procdetails_20191028-065854389.txt )

 

:drinks:

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brief description:  House Smoke effect does not work in a multiplayer deathmatch mission


Detailed description, conditions:   

House Smoke effect does not work in a deathmatch multiplayer mission (DServer and in-game server) but it does work in a singleplayer mission and in a co-op mission, using the exact same effect setup. The attached demo missions have an Me 109 on the runway with a land fire on the right and a building with a house fire on the left.
 

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):  

Single Player - House Smoke Demo.zip

Multi Player - House Smoke Demo.zip

 

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):  See signature.

Edited by JimTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 8:05 AM, SAS_Storebror said:

Brief description: DServer.exe locks up for apparently no reason on Patch Level 3.201, 3.201b and 3.201c

Detailed description, conditions: Random mission, DServer.exe starts flawlessly and keeps running for a while.

All of a sudden, the DServer.exe process starts using 100% CPU power on one core.

Players lose connection.

The Server is still listed online, but players can't connect.

Remote Console (RConClient) connection is still possible and the Server accepts all kind of commands and does reply correctly.

DServer.exe Windows shows no change in SPS, Tick Delay and Tick graph anymore.

Log listview still gets updated (you can see RConClient connection activity for instance).

Clicking "File" menu is still possible.

Selecting "Exit" causes the process to lock up completely, it can only be terminated manually using Task Manager.

This issue got introduced with Version 3.201.

We did not see any DServer lockups before (last was on 21st July 2018).

Only change on Server side was that missions now use the new "RRR" feature.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Unfortunately there's nothing being logged in any logfile. All I can provide is screenshots of the issue, please find them below.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows Server 2016, Intel Core i7-4770 @3.8GHz, 32 GB RAM, 2x2TB HDD (Raid 1), 1GBit/s non-clocked.

 

To second my previous post, the issue doesn't seem to stem from RRR as lately DServer.exe crashed when nobody was flying on the Server.

Would be nice if some Dev could take a look at this and/or give a hint how to avoid it, because right now the Server is offline due to crashes at 30%-50% of times and it's a real PITA having to look after the process every other hour.

 

Lockup on November 02:

1469886882_DServerlockup2019-11-02.PNG.7d542d5040af197311955a4ec776ca9e.PNG

 

Lockup on November 03:

871177886_DServerlockup2019-11-03.PNG.f989a7c8af633546b071fc3070833031.PNG

 

:drinks:

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for the record:

Neither Patch 4.001 not 4.001b solved the issue.

It's still the same, DServer locks up randomly.

 

:drinks:

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2019 at 12:52 PM, JG1_Butzzell said:

S!

 

 

Brief description: Several objects in the blocks category float above ground on the Arras map.
Detailed description, conditions:Port and industrial objects float about 2 meters above the ground. Place on ground button does not work. The height of object is not adjustable so it should be on the ground
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Picture is low rez but you get the idea.
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 10, I-7 4490, 16 gig DDR3

floaters.jpg

The problem is you are using objects designed to sit on a dock.  Note the name "ort_up_group_cargo..." etc.
Choose the same item(s) without "up" in the name.  Then they will appear on the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Beebop said:

The problem is you are using objects designed to sit on a dock.  Note the name "ort_up_group_cargo..." etc.
Choose the same item(s) without "up" in the name.  Then they will appear on the ground.


There are no similar objects for those boxes and containers, which mean those rather useful targets are useless. I have asked many times if it's possible at least to unlock the Y-axel and lets us have more targer rich enviroment, to no avail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brief description: Attached cameras not working in flight records of coops.
Detailed description, conditions: Attached cameras, used by pressing alt + F2 by default, do not work if a flight record of a Coop mission is viewed. Attached cameras do work both in single player replays and dogfight replays, but not in coop replays.

edit:

This makes guncam videos of coops impossible.

Edited by Leon_Portier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brief description: Multiplayer Coop mission details missing


Detailed description, conditions: Creating a mission for coop that will be used on a dedicated server. Populate the missions properties and nothing is put into the mission details window in the mission. It just says "There is no mission description" I have tried this with and without localization set, but does not change. I've tried this with and without HTML formatting, None of the translator subtitles work in game either. Other older missions that i have do have the description populated, not sure if this is a new bug or something going on with the editor. I have asked this question in the mission building forum but no one replied. Its here 


Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

image.png.e0bec566c6cd26afb0976d6b26a2db85.png


Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

System for playing and making missions is windows 10 (1909 update), i9 9900, 64gig ram, nvidia gtx 2070.

Il2 is updated to vers 4.003 on both dedicated server and game. 

 

 

Edited by thecloudix
FIXED! Please see the link to the other thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brief description: DServer Coop join performance dramatically lower than peer hosted
Detailed description, conditions:
With a PWCG mission when that mission is hosted by a player other players join in under a minute. When doing the same thing on a DServer this is taking 15 minutes from selecting the server in the list to getting to the slot screen.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):
Server is running Windows 10 1903 and a 3930k CPU with 16GB of RAM. Drivers are latest, it has no GPU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, today I flew a few sorties and I noticed that an old bug came back to life. Its the good old "no ammo" bug. My ammocounters showed full ammo but the indicator above showed that I had no ammo. I was not able to shoot the guns. I experienced the bug 2 times today.😐🙁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JG4_Nutella said:

Hi, today I flew a few sorties and I noticed that an old bug came back to life. Its the good old "no ammo" bug. My ammocounters showed full ammo but the indicator above showed that I had no ammo. I was not able to shoot the guns. I experienced the bug 2 times today.😐🙁

 

It has to do with the way the mission is saved by the mission maker. It's not a bug.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brief description: Strange sky-box in mission briefing screen
Detailed description, conditions:
Playing in VR on several servers and experience a strange sky box while in the mission briefing screen (see pics). . . . . .Just me?
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

20200123190932_1.thumb.jpg.68bf746b2141c88b8305b611ed118f63.jpg

20200123190935_1.thumb.jpg.4f3a42028e7f482bc84cd6c5a184da1b.jpg
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):
Ryzen 3800x, 1080ti, 16GB, windows 10, HTC Vive

Edited by pfrances

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brief description: Friendly fire notifications are given for a block the country of which has been set as neutral.

Detailed description: Currently, when you have a block with its country set as neutral, the block's destruction doesn't end up in mission logs. This is good, as the "trash" or "scenery" doesn't clog up the mission logs. However, when a player destroys this kind of neutral block, the game shows the "fires on a friendly" message. Since we don't care enough about neutral blocks' destruction being put into logs, we shouldn't care about this friendly fire warning either. It feels like a bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2016 at 9:01 PM, Jade_Monkey said:

Brief description:
GUI won't change when spawning in MP

Detailed description, conditions:
In MP, once you select your airfield and loadout, the green button will say SPAWN.

 

Very frequently, when you hit spawn, you can hear the plane spawn but the GUI won't disappear, and the green button will change to SPECTATE in grey. You csn still see the map and airfields, although you can tell by the audio that the plane has spawned because you can hear the activity of the airfield in the background.

 

The solution is to hit spectate and you will be in your plane (playable as pilot).

 

However it would be nice to remove this glitch where the GUI will transition to the pilot view.


Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):
See signature.

 

On 7/11/2019 at 5:15 PM, Lemmi said:

Brief description: can join a multiplayer server but after i've choosen the ac or tank and hit "start" it doesnt go to the cockpit. if i hit "start" again it shows "error:already spawned"

 

Brief description:

Player does not spawn correctly when hitting the SPAWN button.

 

Detailed description, conditions:

As Jade_Monkey said, the GUI does not change when spawning, also i noticed when reproducing the issue, when using the "solution" of using SPECTATE button to get into the plane's cabin, the plane is invisible for the other players. Also it does not leave the plane position in the map when using markers.

I have this issue every time I host the server, both local and dedicated.

This issue extends to every person tries to use the server.

Seems to be not related to the firewall or antivirus, (tried with both deactivated).

 

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

OS: Win 10 Pro // 1909 version // OS compilation 18363.719

Motherboard: MSI-Z270 // BIOS: 1.4

CPU: Intel i7-7700K

RAM: 16Gb DDR4

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (MSI) // Controller version 26.21.14.3615 // Driver version 436.15

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brief description: Airfield Furstenau bug on Rheinland winter map


Detailed description, conditions: It's not possible to spawn on the airfield inserted near Furstenau city on the winter map. After spawning there is no plane and player can do nothing but end the mission. It's only on the winter Rheinland map. Map run on dedicated server. Please check the video below.


Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brief description: Invisible planes online and When  being RAMMED the rammer receives NO damage, gets the kill and flies away safely. 
Detailed description, conditions: COMBAT BOX, going down to attack ground targets, Checked six several times on way down. Then a few seconds after finding a target I am blown out of the sky. I have the replay to show the enemy opens fire on me with a small burst, missing his shots then rams my plane. The other pilot claims he never rammed and hit me with a 20mm. I had several sorties where I observed flak and AA mgs shooting at planes but could not spot a single plane. What is the point of multiplayer if other players have this kind of advantage over others? There is no point to play multiplayer if ramming works this way and planes can be invisible.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): I have the replay file.  Ive created a video and linked it from google drive. It is too big to attach. google drive IL2BOS replay of mp ramming
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):    Windows 10, Alienware w/ i7-4770k, tracker. My in-game settings are set to those recommended in the forum by Jason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...